The Non-Standard Man Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaÂź experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MissPrim
MissPrim
243 Followers

"Blackmail," snarled Sinta.

"Those are Cicily's terms, Sinta. But I consider it rough justice. What do you say? Do you agree to terms, or does Cicily spill her guts to the RIB."

"You have papers you want me to sign I assume?"

"Roger, darling?" I said sweetly.

Roger fished out another file folder. I looked at it briefly, and sent it down the table to Sinta and Pricilla, along with a pen.

"If you sign it now, this will conclude our meeting."

Sinta looked at Priscilla, and Priscilla nodded. Ten percent was still a sizable chunk of money. However, Sinta now no longer had controlling interest in Androdyne. As much as I wanted to cut her out completely, that would remove any motivation for her to co-operate. What she didn't know was that Lindsey Talbot financed this end of the deal, in exchange for shared rights to Jason's unpaid work at Androdyne on biologic skin. And Sinta didn't need to know that though I would dearly have loved to twist the knife in a little more.

The pen in Sinta's hand scratched her signature audibly.

"Is that all?" said Priscilla. Her voice was so cold it could frost the windows.

"No. I have a car waiting at the door for you to take Sinta to a Detective Ricks, who will love to take Sinta's confession. Don't dawdle, either of you. The detective is a busy woman."

Sinta and Priscilla left the room shooting me stares that if they were knives would cut me dead. I looked dead on at Tamara then.

"Call Amanda and tell her to sell her shares of Androdyne. If she doesn't, then I'll expose her part in helping hide a sentient robot."

"She won't do it," said Tamara.

"Oh, she will. Because once the news of Sinta's arrest makes the news, Androdyne's stock is going to tumble, hard."

"Oh my god. You're forcing her to sell after that, aren't you? Otherwise-"

As she spoke Roger collected the recording device and closed up my briefcase.

"Yes, Tamara, I just made you privy to insider trading information. And you are her agent. Goodbye, Tamara."

Roger took my arm when I stood and still holding my briefcase, escorted me out of my old offices into an elevator. Now we were alone and Roger sighed with relief.

"That was beautiful, Evie. I hope the rest of this works out as well."

"It will," I said with a fake smile and confidence I wished into existence.

12