The Nuclear Family Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Though almost five years older than me, Darren became my best friend during that time. He became my confidant. He took me out several times, got me smashed at pubs along the famous Gold Coast beaches. He even hugged me, listening to me moan without judgment when I cried. Likewise, Toni fawned over me like a mother hen, making me massive home-cooked meals, always asking how my day was going, generally looking after me as I felt broken, fighting depression.

Darren and Toni also helped me use their truck to help get the rest of my stuff from my old place a few weeks after the initial confrontation. My lawyer arranged a time to visit when no one would be there. I got a couple of chairs, my desk, and my training gear.

Nothing had changed too much within the house the day we turned up, except I noticed the wedding print was missing. I found that in the spare bedroom wardrobe. There was a letter on the table addressed to me in Georgia's handwriting, but I threw it in the bin unopened where she could see it when she returned.

It took about six weeks, but I got my money from Total Build, including my final pay and bonus. Combined with my half of the savings, it was a tidy sum. My family tried to stop me from getting the payout though. They claimed I abandoned my job. They also claimed that I was extorting money. I took it to Fair Work Australia, and they backed down quickly. With my payout, I wouldn't need to work for almost a year, perhaps longer, depending on my living situation.

The next hurdle was that my lawyer started getting requests from Georgia's lawyer resisting the divorce after about four months. Apparently, Georgia wanted counselling and reconciliation. I said no. She said she just wanted to talk as I was upset that many things I overheard were incorrect. Finally, I told my lawyer to send a copy of the video to her lawyer. All the requests stopped after that.

It was almost seven months into the divorce, and I hadn't heard from Georgia or my family for a while. I was starting to feel a little better like life wouldn't shit on me again for a time, so I was looking for a job and a place to stay. Thanks to Darren, I had made a little money from some semi-professional fights but knew I needed more than that to live on. Darren and Toni had been fantastic holding me together, but it was time for me to give them their freedom back.

It was Friday morning around ten. I had slept late after a late-night training session. Getting up, I showered and shaved, then having thrown casual shorts and a t-shirt on, I was walking down the stairs of Darren and Toni's two-story house when the doorbell rang.

"All right, I'm coming. Keep your panties on," I bellowed with a smile.

I heard Toni laugh at my comment from their kitchen as I opened the door.

I was expecting a delivery guy, mailman, or Jehovah's witness, but my sister Joanna was impatiently standing on the other side. Behind her looking shy and embarrassed, was Georgia's little sister, Amy.

I slammed the door in Joanna's face.

"Nope," walking away, shaking my head.

"Robbie, that was rude!" Toni started criticising me, walking into the room and wiping her hands on a tea towel. Then she saw my face and stopped, looking over at the door as the knocking continued. Both of us could hear Joanna yelling for me to open up.

I stuck my thumb over my shoulder back towards the front door. "It's mine and Georgia's sisters."

Toni's face fell, then she got a little pissed off. She knew my feelings towards my family. "You want me to get rid of them?"

I nodded, "Would you? I don't want to talk to them, especially Joanna."

Toni went over to the door, opening it, but before she could say anything, Joanna burst through the door, pushing Toni out of the way, and started yelling at me.

"You are a first-class asshole, Robbie. Do you know that? What makes you think your life is so important that you have the right to abandon everyone?" Her eyes were mad, most likely several months of anger being vented in one statement, but the offence was misplaced, fake even.

I stared back at my sister, cold and calculating, with a questioning expression and a look of righteous fury on my face. This woman had discovered her older brother fucking my wife, hiding it from me for almost three years, but she wasn't angry because I chose to remove myself from the source of pain. She was upset because I wasn't making her life easy anymore. I dug deep to keep myself calm and not say what I wanted.

"Joanna," I said quietly but firmly. "I am going to ask you once nicely. Please leave."

She looked back at me, snorting, taking my calm politeness for weakness in the face of her volume. She had always been a bit of a bully to me growing up. Always thinking she could bully me into giving her what she wanted.

"Do you have any idea how your leaving has devastated Georgia? She almost lost the baby; she was so distraught, and where was her wimp-ass husband? Hiding here." My sister gestured to the house around us.

"You know she had to have the baby, your baby... alone," Joanna told me, looking for a reaction.

I said nothing, so she continued. I think she wanted to rage at me so much that she missed the look on my face when she mentioned the baby. Amy stood outside shyly watching. Toni leaned against the doorway. Joanna only wanted to unleash on me.

"You," she jabbed her finger into my chest. "Left us all high and dry. Mum and Dad are angry and have had to let people go because clients are starting to leave the business. We're all having to cover for you." She affected a mock voice putting air quotations in front of her following words. "All because your little man feelings got hurt." Then she balled her fists and pretended to cry like a little girl. "Boo fucking hoo, Robbie, grow the fuck up and get over yourself. You have a child to raise and a business to help bring back to profit."

For the first time in my life, I almost struck a woman, I didn't, but it was close. The rage that had been steadily building since she barged in must have been evident because Joanna suddenly took a step back, looking unsure of herself.

Like with Mum and Dad, my tone was quiet, dangerous even. "You think I have time for a traitorous bitch that would allow my own brother to fuck her in the ass in my own marital bed while they both make fun of me? Or how about walking in on them and hearing them both admit that they were making me an unknowing cuckold, but that the 'child' you're trying to say I need to raise is not mine; it's Brad's."

I heard a gasp and turned to see Amy, still standing outside the door, she had her hands to her face and tears streaming down her face.

"Robbie, I'm sorry, I didn't know." Amy moaned, sinking to her knees as she looked at me.

I snarled at my older sister, pointing at Amy, understanding that not everyone was on the same page.

"And look at you, you couldn't be content to come over here and continue destroying my life, but you bring more innocent people into your web of deceit through more lies." I gestured to Amy, now sobbing in the doorway. "I'm guessing that you told poor Amy I just argued with her sister. My divorce was unfounded, so all you two had to come over and straighten me out so I would go home and return to work."

For a moment, Joanna said nothing, then looked at Toni, standing in the doorway watching everything involved. Finally, Joanna took a breath and also looked over at Toni.

"And what if I did, asshole?" my sister snarled back at me with the same intensity I had just given her. "Looks like it took you little more than two seconds before you found some old lady to hook up with!"

"Joanna," I told my sister in caution. "I'm going to give you one warning. DO NOT disrespect people and situations in this house you know nothing about!"

"So what! Your wife sleeps with your older brother for three years. So you get upset when you find out. Get drunk and get over it. Not go and find some grandma to fuck and run away from your responsibilities." I now understood Joanna was delusional, just like the rest of my family.

I looked over at Toni, who, for some reason, had a very amused grin on her face, arms folded over her chest.

"Well, first of all," Toni said, walking towards Amy, who had slumped on the other side of the front door. "Robbie and I are not, as you say fucking." Then, while Joanna and I watched, Toni gently helped Amy to her feet. She spoke very calmly to Amy, ignoring Joanna. "Come on, sweetie, let's get you inside and sitting down."

She helped Amy to the couch, "Second," Toni said, having sat Amy on the couch, turning back to Joanna. "My BOYFRIEND, Darren, is your brother's Muay Thai mentor. Both Darren and I have been helping Robbie after what you all did to him." She paused, but the effect was lost on Joanna while helping Amy to a seat on the lounge.

Toni turned her gaze to Joanna, "And lastly, Ms Other, I have heard everything that your family and his ex-wife put poor Robbie through. I think quitting and cutting off contact with all of you is one of the more tame things he could have done. I also think your time here is done; there is the door, don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out!"

Joanna looked at me and set her jaw. "Robbie, you need to come back," her tone had almost gotten pleading, ignoring Toni's comment. "Production is suffering. Sales are falling through. Staff are doing the wrong jobs. We need you!"

"Well, tough titties, Jo," I responded. "You don't get to walk in here all high and mighty, acting like it's all my fault then try and guilt me into doing your bidding. That ship has fucking sailed. Did any of you do anything about Brad and Georgia when it mattered? Tell me, does shithead still work there, or did Dad tell him to settle down because I'd get over all of you betraying me and come back?"

Joanna looked down at her shoes, "Dad chewed them both out good; Brad now has to run all his sales through Dad. He's not getting any bonus for the rest of the year. Please, Robbie," her voice had moved from sounding like it was pleading to complete begging. "You need to come back. We are in trouble without you!"

"No, Joanna," I said firmly. "While there is a mountain of reasons why I won't, there are two that stand above all everything."

She looked at me.

"First," I said, holding up a finger, "My asshole of a former brother is still there. After everything, you would think you would all cut him loose if you had any chance of reconciling with me or saving the business. I guarantee that Total Build will go under if he stays there."

"But Robbie," Joanna replied. "Brad is going to lead the company one day. He's the oldest. Mum and Dad can't just throw him out."

I laughed. "That is the stupidest excuse I have heard for keeping someone employed, let alone promoting incompetence to run things. I can never understand that mentality when I hear it." I replied. "While they are struggling without me, putting him in charge would see the company go under in a month. So saying he can't go because he is the oldest is absolute bullshit, and you should all know it."

Joanna couldn't deny that. She set her jaw but shrugged her shoulder like she didn't care, "What's the second reason?" she asked, almost afraid to speak the question.

"Easy," I said, raising my second finer. "At no point in this mess have any of shown any remorse."

She gulped, I continued.

"From the moment I walked into that house after returning from Melbourne, catching them disrespecting me while fucking up a storm, everyone has expected me to toe the line. Everyone has made excuses, tried to justify their reasoning, telling me I need to get over myself. But at no point has anyone even bothered to ask how I am feeling or even told me that you're sorry."

"That's not true, Robbie. Both Georgia and Mum told me they did!"

"Again, with the excuses, my cheating slut of a wife said sorry to try to distract me. She's sorry she got caught, not sorry for what she did. Mum said it with no remorse, then all but told me to suck it up and move on. Sorry is more than the words, Joanna. It's the action and intent that goes with it. You're here because you're sorry I am not covering everyone's ass at Total Build, not because you're sorry that Brad and Georgia had sex in my bed having a child together, betraying me."

Again, my sister's anger flared, "You know what, Robbie, you're right? I don't give a shit about your hurt pride. Should Brad and Georgia have done what they did, no? Should we have kept you in the dark, absolutely!"

Then, she changed tact, whining at me, "You were HAPPY until then, but you fucked everything up for everyone because you came home early."

"Right, okay, hmmm," I said, putting a finger to my lips like I was contemplating something world-changing. "Let me see. Because I was good at my job and wanted to come home early to show affection to who I thought was a loyal wife. I'm the bad guy?" I asked, my tone angry but questioning.

"YES!" Joanna exploded, throwing her hands in the air. "If you had kept to your schedule, this wouldn't be a mess."

"Right, I'd just be an unknowing cuckold, raising another man's child to a faithless slut of a wife and a family who cares naught for me other than how much money I make them." I hurled back at her. She just didn't see that I was the one wronged or, more than likely, didn't want to see it.

I sighed, holding up my hand to pause her inevitable response, "Look, Joanna, this isn't going to work. None of you regrets anything. In fact, you're all still blaming me even though all of you are incompetent." I raised my eyebrows at her, "I've asked you to leave. Toni has asked you to leave. Do we need to call the police and have them remove you?"

For a moment, she tried to argue but then made for the door with a huff, "Come on, Amy, this was a fucking waste of time. Asswipe here is too stuck up his ass to get over himself, obviously."

Amy looked at me for a minute, "Actually, Joanna, I'd like to stay and talk to Robbie. Robbie, would you mind?"

I shrugged. "Sure, Amy," I looked at my sister, "As Toni said, there's the door, don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out."

With that, my sister took one hard look at me, a look at Amy, and a final look at Toni. Then in a huff walked out the door and slammed it shut, shaking the entire room. A minute later, we heard her car start, then the sound of Joanna tearing rubber down the street. No doubt, my sister was already calling the family to tell them how stubborn I was.

I sat down on the other couch, facing Amy, still looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"Hey Robbie," Toni asked. "Not that, that wasn't fun, but I'm all cleaned up here. Are you two going to be okay if I split and let you talk?"

"Yeah, Toni, thanks for stepping in the gap there. I appreciate it," I replied.

"Anytime, Darren should be back around seven tonight. Thai food, alright?"

I chucked, "No problems, see both of you tonight."

Toni grabbed her bag walking out the front door, lightly closing it, unlike the previous departee.

I looked at Amy, and she looked back at me.

"So an ambush, eh?" I said, taking a much lighter tone with Georgia's little sister.

Amy blushed, "Sorry Robbie, I was over in the States when all this happened. When I returned home last month, it was to both families in a state of emergency."

'What did they tell you?" I asked quietly.

Amy thought for a moment before responding. "Well, for the most part, Georgia and you had a big fight that got your parents involved. You were being an asshole, needed a talking to so that you would see reason and come home."

I snorted.

"But Robbie," Amy said, her tone concerned, brow furrowed. "I had no idea that they had done any of that. I didn't know until now Georgia had been sleeping with your brother."

"For three years, I found out that night," I added. Amy nodded sadly, now coming up to speed on why I had walked away from everyone.

"And is it true that it's not your baby?" She asked, a questioning but compassionate look in her eyes.

"Almost certain. I heard them both talk about it when I caught them." Amy looked at me funny. "I got home early from a Melbourne trip, catching them going at it in my bed. My brother's cock was buried in my wife's ass; his cum running out of places that should only be the domain of a husband," Amy's face paled at my explicit explanation.

Again, I sighed, reliving the horrible sight in my mind for the umpteenth time. "Likely, we will need to get a paternity test. That's also tricky since I have a blood relation to the fuckwit that knocked her up." I looked at Amy, "Are you ok with me swearing like this?"

Amy nodded, "It's okay, Robbie, I do understand. You were coming home to find your wife in bed with another man. Finding her doing what you just said would be horrendous. To see it's your brother disgusting, then to find out it's been going on for three years! You're doing better than I am. I would have needed to be committed."

We said nothing for another minute.

"And what's with Joanna, your Mum and Dad?" Amy asked. "You guys were arguing that they knew something about all this. Sorry, I was out of it there when that lady helped me to the couch?"

"Toni, she's my Muay Thai mentor's girlfriend. They have been great friends helping me out for the last few months. Darren gets me to the ring, helping me fight, taking some of the rage away. Toni has me help out around the house, ensuring I don't drink myself to death." I looked away. "And yes, my entire family knew the details from almost the beginning and kept it from me."

"Why?" Amy sounded horrified.

"Profit apparently," I shrugged my reply.

"Profit, that's it?" she asked disbelievingly.

"Yep, so they have told me. Apparently, I was productive and happy not knowing. They were all surprised that I got so upset when I found out. Mum, Dad and Joanna have all told me to get over it. The company is more important...." I trailed off.

We sat for another moment; Amy was processing. She sighed, then got up, walked the few steps over to me, sitting down on the same couch I was on.

"Well, I'm sorry, Robbie," placing her hand on my arm in a conciliatory gesture.

"Amy, what are you sorry for?" I told her. "You did nothing, and it sounds like they tried to lead you down the garden path too. So you do not need to apologise to me."

"I'm sorry for what you have to go through. It's not your fault." She paused, "I'm sorry I'm related to a skanky slut that has ruined one of the best men I know."

She blushed. I snorted in agreement with the skank comment.

"Thanks, Amy. It does make me feel a little better that someone gets it."

"So, what are you doing today?" Amy asked me, changing the topic, sounding a lit more chipper.

"Wasn't going to do much, haven't been doing much other than training and drinking; why?"

She smiled at me, "Well, how would you feel if I took you out to lunch to get your mind off things?"

Amy held my arm and slowly rubbed herself against me this time. I don't think it was conscious or even overly sexual on her part, but it sure did feel nice.

"Sure, how about I get changed and ready. Give me five minutes?"

She smiled; it was like dawn had just broken in the room.

Amy took me to lunch. We talked about different topics. I, of course, didn't have a job at the moment, and Amy, for her part, was a little hesitant to talk about her career, other than she had to travel quite a bit. As we spoke, the waiter brought out our orders. I had a Chicken Parmigiana with chips and a coke, while she had a caesar salad with chicken and bacon. Over the food, we chatted more about Georgia and my family. And she asked what I was going to do.

"Well, I'm now very close to being divorced from your sister, which is most likely why Joanna chose now to come and see me. I'm guessing this morning was a last-ditch effort to try and make me see reason, stop the divorce and come back to Total Build."