The Obsession Ch. 06

Story Info
A disaster occurs
5.2k words
4.5
9.4k
4
0

Part 6 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/23/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Acal
Acal
374 Followers

Evelyn awoke with Nick's arms wrapped around her, his warmth encircling her. She certainly could get used to waking up like this; his warm masculine scent was enticing as she relaxed into his embrace. Shifting against him, she loved the feel of his abs against her back, his crisp chest hair gave her pleasant tingles when it rubbed against her.

"Hey gorgeous."

His sleep roughened voice sent tingles up her spine as she turned and said, "Hey stud."

He grinned and said, "I'm gonna take you out tonight, you'll love it, a nice friendly, quiet place."

"Sounds good, I can't wait. So how's your shoulder now Nick?"

"It's fine, your massages are amazing and it seems to be healing it very nicely."

"Good, I'll wait here while you take a shower. Otherwise, we'll never leave the bed."

Nick smirked and said, "Probably not, today has been awesome." He kissed her quickly on the cheek and got out of bed. His naked muscles shone in the light.

"Yeah and it's not over yet either."

Nick groaned and said, "Don't tempt me or I'll keep you locked up here all night."

Evelyn smirked deviously as he walked into the bathroom. As she did earlier, when the water turned on, she imagined the water flowing over his hard body. Evelyn licked her lips and groaned, she wanted to join him, but he was right, if she did, they wouldn't make it out of the apartment, and she needed to eat. The workout he put her through during the day had her near exhausted and starving.

***

"This is a really nice place Nick," said Evelyn as she looked around the restaurant. Candles flickered in holders angled away from the walls. Dim lights from the ceiling shaded the remainder of the room with amber light.

"My mother brought my father here to tell him she was pregnant with my big brother Mark. It's a special place, we come here as a family when we celebrate. I love the atmosphere, the candles and the dim lights are far better than the harsh lighting in other places."

"This restaurant does have a nice friendly atmosphere. I can see why you and your family enjoy it so much."

"The food is amazing here too. What's your favorite food?" asked Nick grinning.

"I absolutely love salmon with a salad and creamy dill dressing. I can't afford it often, but every now and again, I indulge myself."

Nick grinned broadly, "I have a guilty pleasure too, boiled lobster served with this butter and a side dish of creamy tomato and basil pasta."

"Mmm that sounds delicious."

"It is, only the lobster is extremely pricey. I haven't had it in some time, the places that serve it are really out of my price range." As they reached their reserved table, he pulled Evelyn's chair out for her and moved to his own, sitting down. "Evelyn, my brother will love you."

"Why's that?" asked Evelyn surprised at the sudden declaration.

"You have this passion about you, about everything. Mark is like that too, he's an arson investigator. It's something I'd do if I couldn't be a firefighter."

"Why didn't he become a firefighter?"

"He damaged the tendons in his right leg in a skiing accident, and he wasn't able to pass the physical for entrance into the fire service. Dad helped him look at other options and came up with arson investigation."

"I might just like him too," said Evelyn as the waiter came past and placed their menus on the table.

"Would you like anything while you wait?" asked the waiter.

"No thanks Lucas, we'll be fine here," said Nick, grinning and picking up his menu.

"Ok, I'll be back in five minutes to get your order."

Once the waiter left the table, Evelyn asked, "You do come here quite often don't you?"

Nick grinned, "Yeah, there's been a lot to celebrate lately."

"The garden salad is amazing. They serves it with chicken marinated in Italian herb sauce and then grilled on charcoal."

Evelyn grinned and said, "How did you know I was looking at that on the menu? It's just like you can read me so easily."

Nick smiled, reached out and grasped her hand, "I feel connected to you already."

Before Evelyn could respond, the waiter returned, "What would you like to order?"

*** "Mmm, that was amazing Nick." Evelyn placed her fork on the plate and wiped her mouth with her napkin.

"It was."

"What's wrong Nick?" she looked over at his plate, only half finished.

"I have to say this," Nick said, grasping her hand in both of his and stroking her wrist. "I've never felt this way before, about anyone." Nick took a deep breath as Evelyn watched him, she was about to say something when he spoke up again. "I think I'm falling in love with you Evelyn, I know it's only been a short time, but I can't help the way I feel. I felt I needed to say something to you, I just don't want to scare you off, but I also want to be open about my feelings. I feel this intense connection between us."

"You really don't have to worry about a thing Nick, because I think I'm falling in love with you too. Crazy, isn't it?"

Nick let out his breath and grinned broadly, he leaned over the table and kissed her gently. "I think I'm going to lock you up in my bedroom all day tomorrow," he said with a slight growl to his voice.

"Well, I guess you'd better finish your dinner then so we can go back to your place and get ready for tomorrow."

When he reached for his fork, his phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out and flicked it open to see Christian's number on the screen. "Hey buddy, checking up on me?" asked Nick as he answered the phone with a mouthful of food.

"Not exactly Nick, I just got a call from Matt there's a big apartment fire."

Nick's blood chilled and he forced himself to swallow the food in his mouth, "Where is the fire?" Evelyn looked at him apparently her interest now piqued.

"Shit... sorry to say Nick, but it's your girlfriend's place, that's what the landlord told us, nothing else was touched, except for her place. Please tell me she's with you."

"Yeah, she is."

"Good, your brother is going to investigate, it burned too fast and the Captain is calling it suspicious."

"Ok, we'll be there soon." Nick closed his phone and put it away, turning to Evelyn, "We have to go." He quickly shoveled his food into his mouth.

"Why, what's wrong?" asked Evelyn.

Nick finished eating and wiped his mouth. He looked up at Evelyn and took her hand in his, "God, I'm just going to say it. There was a fire and your apartment is gone. That was Christian on the phone. He just got off shift and called me to see if you were with me."

Evelyn stared at him frozen in shock, "Fire?"

"Yes, I'm sorry baby." He wanted to take her in his arms. "We need to go and see what happened and talk to the investigator and the police."

"I feel like I'm going to faint."

Nick moved his chair closer to her, putting his arms around her, kissing her forehead, "Everything will be fine, trust me. I'm here for you, every step of the way. You're going to stay with me until things get sorted out."

"I'll try," she said softly. Nick held her for a few minutes, before he gave her another kiss on top of her head, and then said, "We need to go baby."

"Ok," she said the color drained from her face, unshed tears welled in her eyes.

# # #

It was going to be bad; he had a bad feeling in his gut as they got close to Evelyn's apartment and he saw the engines still at the scene. He needed to reassure her, "I meant what I said Evelyn, I'll take care of you." She was curled up in the seat, looking fragile, and he wanted to reach over and comfort her but he couldn't do that not right now.

What concerned him most was the fact the fire was deemed suspicious. Thinking aloud in hopes to help her feel better, "My brother will find who did this Evelyn, he's really good at his job. He's the best investigator in the state."

Nick slowed as they came into her street the fire trucks on the side of the road. He stepped out of the car and then opened Evelyn's door for her. He grabbed her hands and helped her out of the car. "Come on baby, let's go find Mark."

He put his arm around her and led her towards the trucks. "Nick, Christian told me that you would be coming by. Is this Evelyn Lassiteur?"

"Yes. Evelyn, this is Chief Hendricks."

Evelyn looked at the building the fire still smoldering and began shaking. She squeaked out, "My home." Nick wrapped his arms around her for support.

"We did our best ma'am but, I'm sorry to say, I don't think there's anything salvageable in there."

"Christian told me that the arson team will be here to investigate?"

"Yeah, Mark is in the building with Matt and Angus. The smell was odd that I felt something was not quite right about this fire; it burned too fast and too hot to be a regular fire."

"Quite right, Captain, I don't believe it was a regular fire. I'm leaning more towards it being set with some kind of accelerant. I won't know until I get my tests completed, but I have a gut feeling that the chemical traces I found will verify this was arson. Unfortunately, it seems the person knew what they were doing, but for some reason, they got sloppy and left traces. I'm leaning towards a chemical explosive, similar to napalm. It's why only superficial damage has been done to the other apartments," said Mark Donovan as he stepped forward. A steely determined look swirled in his dark blue eyes.

"Don't worry, we'll catch the bastard," he said, looking from Nick to Evelyn, handing a blackened figure to her, "I found this in there and thought you might want it back."

A tear ran out of her eye as she took the figure from Mark, "What is it baby?" asked Nick pulling her closer. "My grandmother gave this to me right before she died. Thank you Mark, this means a lot," Evelyn choked out, tears now streaming down her face.

"Glad to help," a small smile spread over his gruff composure. "I'm sorry we had to meet under these circumstances."

Nice knew Evelyn had had enough, "Let's get you home, we'll figure things out later." He turned to his brother, "Thanks bro, I appreciate this."

# # #

Stepping through the door of the apartment, Nick leaned over and kissed Evelyn's neck, trying to distract her from her thoughts. "How about a long hot bath?" he asked, as he held her close to him.

She nodded, "It's been a horrible day...well, except for meeting you." She pulled away from Nick, still clutching the figurine. "Are you sure you want me here? I can always call Natalie..."

"No! You're staying here. I'll go get your bath ready, you sit down on the couch until it's ready, I'll be right back." Nick walked her to the couch and sat her down, then leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips.

Evelyn sat down on Nick's sofa and thought how lucky she was to have met him when she did. He'd helped her more than anyone had ever helped her in her life, and with everything going on in the last couple days, the fire in her apartment was just too much for her to take. She didn't want to think about what she lost in the fire. Not when Nick's comforting presence surrounded her. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she heard water filling the tub but there was something else, and she strained to hear what it was over the louder sound.

Nick finished arranging the candles on the sink and the edges of the bath, then pulled out the bottle of white wine from under the sink cabinet. Originally, he was going to have this stage set for his seduction of Evelyn, but now he thought it might be a good idea to go through with some of his plans in order to distract her from the thoughts of the fire.

He finished arranging the candles on the sink and the edge of the bath, and then pulled the candlestick lighter from the cabinet and lit them. Once that was done, he reached over and turned off the water, taking a bottle of sandalwood oil from the sink and splashing several drops into the bath. The room was instantly perfumed with a relaxing aroma.

He slid off his jacket and hung it on the door hook, then turned off the light. He looked over the room. The flickering candles created shadows on the wall.

Evelyn fingered the figurine she couldn't put down, and stared into the dim light of the living room. Not knowing how she was going to cope, she couldn't ask Nick to deal with the problem, even with how he felt about her. She didn't want to burden him with the stress. Lost in thought, she didn't hear Nick re-enter the room. His hands on her shoulders jolted her out of her thoughts, as he whispered in her ear.

"Come on baby."

His husky words sent shivers across her body. She looked into his sexy eyes as she got up from the chair. Nick took the figurine out of her hand, placed it carefully on the table, and led her towards the bathroom.

When they stepped inside the room, Evelyn looked at Nick in surprise, "Wow this is beautiful," she breathed in the scent from the steam and the scented candles.

"I was going to seduce you tonight to show you how much you mean to me, but instead, I think it would be better if we just relax in the tub and get rid of some of the stress."

"Nick, I don't know what to say," Evelyn turned towards him, taking in the entire scene. She felt her arousal flaring, even after the horrible events of the evening. "I want to forget what happened tonight, Nick. Will you make love to me so I only think of you?"

Nick nodded, putting his hands around her body and pulling her to him, kissing her neck He unzipped her dress, growling when he realized she was bare underneath. His body, already aroused, became painfully more so.

Evelyn relaxed into his embrace, as he pulled her dress from her. His sexy growl sent tremors racing through her sensitized body. The scent in the room was intoxicating, her mind focused solely on this man standing in front of her. She turned, naked in his arms and rubbed her hands up his chest. He unclipped the brace and slid it off.

He grabbed her hands, stopping her exploration, "Get in babe and relax. Let me take care of you." Nick's voice was husky, sending tremors of anticipation through Evelyn's body.

Evelyn stepped into the tub, moaning as the hot water immediately relaxed her tensed muscles. She settled into the tub and turned to see Nick unbuttoning his shirt, the candlelight making him appear bronzed. She watched as he slid his shirt off and hung it up with his jacket. She indulged in the moment watching every ripple of his muscles as he pulled off his shoes and socks.

He unbuckled his belt as Evelyn waited with baited breath, as he unzipped his pants and pulled them off. She wanted to moan at the sight of the bulge in his boxers, knowing the pleasure he could give her. Bending down to pick up his pants, he then turned to put them on the hook. Evelyn's eyes were instinctively drawn to the flex of his legs, as Nick walked towards her, grinning, teasing her by putting his thumbs in the band of his boxers and sliding them slowly down.

Groaning, Evelyn licked her lips when his cock made its appearance, bobbing towards his stomach. Instinctively, she leaned forward in the tub wanting to get closer to him, but was thwarted when he stepped in and settled into the tub behind her. She didn't know if she could relax now that his abs rubbed against her back and his cock nestled firmly against her ass cheeks. Evelyn wiggled her bottom, trying to get a reaction from him, she was so hot now and wanted Nick to feel the same.

Nick grabbed the sponge from the ledge and picked up the soap, "Relax baby, I'll take care of you. Don't worry about anything," he whispered into her hair.

When the sponge was full of soap suds, he brushed her arms gently, kissing unwashed areas of her body. The sponge moved to wash her breasts, circling around her nipples which were hardened to points. She moaned at his touch, her head leaning back against his chest, her back arching into his ministrations.

Evelyn sighed and shifted in Nick's hold, "Don't stop Nick, it feels so good."

Nick groaned as she rubbed against him, his cock pulsed between them. He rubbed the sponge down her stomach and then back up over her neck. "Raise your legs for me," he whispered into her ear.

Evelyn moaned and rubbed against him further, feeling his cock twitch as she raised her leg. Nick reached forward and washed the inside of her thigh, his abs rubbing against her back. She groaned again, "Mmm, Nick."

She slowly let her leg drop back into the water and slid down his body slightly then pushed up again as she raised her other leg. Grinning, she felt his cock twitch and his muscles contract. She needed him inside of her, needed to feel that connection with him.

Nick sucked in a breath as Evelyn rubbed against him again. He knew she was teasing him, he wanted to relax her, but it seemed to have had the opposite effect on her. Well, on him too. He washed her legs gently as she continued to seduce him. Nick growled and kissed her neck, as he dropped the sponge in the tub.

"I need you Nick," whispered Evelyn huskily as she turned in the water, now facing him on her knees, her hands braced on the edge of the tub.

"This was supposed to be just relaxation time," muttered Nick. Then he groaned as Evelyn wrapped her fingers around his cock.

"I need you inside me Nick," she purred.

Nick groaned, then grasped her hands and pulled them away. He picked her up and lifted her to the edge of the tub, sitting her down on the edge, "You make me crazy Evelyn," he growled, flicking his fingers over her moist lips. "You're already so wet for me," hunger swirled in chocolate depths of his eyes.

"I need you Nick," Evelyn whispered, pain leeching into her voice, her hand caressing his slightly rough jaw as she leaned into kiss him.

Nick took her lips hungrily, devouring her as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and pulled him closer. He broke the kiss and whispered "I need to take away your hurt. Let me love you baby."

Evelyn moaned at his words and gripped his hips tightly, as he slid inside her inch by inch, groaning at the slide of his throbbing cock. He grasped her hands tightly and pinned them to the sides of the tub as he began to drive into her, his lips descended onto hers as their frantic passion grew rougher and hotter.

Her nails bit into him as his rhythm became more erratic, his lips devouring hers hungrily. The bath water splashed over the sides with his thrusts slamming into her, igniting fires of ecstasy. Heat exploded through her as the pleasure destroyed her senses. She screamed his name as her release shattered over her, her nails dug into his hips.

Squeezing like a fist around him, and the hot fiery bite of her nails digging into his hands pushed him over the edge of the abyss. Nick roared and exploded inside of her, the sensations blasting through him with each shattering pulse of semen. He panted harshly as he pulled Evelyn back into the tub to rest on top of him, both sated.

Evelyn looked up at him, her eyes twinkling with mischief, "Thank you."

"You're welcome my love." Nick turned her head and kissed her passionately.

*** Evelyn looked over at Nick as she curled against him frame. Her man was a life saver, a knight in shining armor. If she didn't have him, she wouldn't have had a clue what she would have done the last few days.

"I'll take you shopping tomorrow. We'll get whatever you need."

Nick looked at her like she was the only woman in the world for him, and she felt treasured. What she felt for him only intensified since their dinner conversation. She knew for certain she was in love with Nick, as crazy as it may seem, she knew, he was the one for her.

# # #

"I'll pick you after your shift, then we can eat at my favorite restaurant," Evelyn said as they arrived outside of the fire station the next morning.

"Sounds good, have a good day at work and I'll see you tomorrow night," Nick leaned over the seat and kissed her intensely.

Acal
Acal
374 Followers
12