The Outlaw

Story Info
One too many suitors...
2.2k words
4.09
24.7k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi all! I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I have another story that just popped into my head. I got really excited about it and just had to write it down. It actually was a dream I had, a few nights back, dialogue between two of the main characters. Sounds kinda crazy but I thought I'd submit it and see where it goes. Please don't fret about the other stories. They are under "construction" and should be out soon. :D Bear with me...

********************

May 17th, 1809

Creedville, Pennsylvania

"Alright, class. That will be all for today," the young teacher smiled at the twenty students that peered back at her, ranging in age from 6-17. "I'll see you all Monday. Be good and have a great weekend."

Screams and peals of laughter could be heard in town as the children ran out of the schoolroom. All left, except for one young man who stayed after, waiting for everyone to leave. Then he approached the instructor. None inside were aware of the person watching the entire scene from the window.

"Ahh hemm, Miss Bathes?" The youth was a tall, strapping boy. Made his father proud and would be a good woodsman and trapper.

Startled, Miss Bathes looked up, surprised that a student would be staying afterwards on a Friday afternoon. Seeing who it was, she smiled, "Hi Tommy. What can I do for you?"

The poor boy was sweating, and the day wasn't even that warm. "Well ya know, Miss Bathes, I'll be turnin' 18 next week, and I'm gonna have to start workin' for my Pa. So I won't be comin' back to school..." he trailed off, looking down at his shuffling feet.

Coming around the desk, Miss Bathes laid a hand on the boys' shoulder, "I know, Tommy. I hate that you can't come back. You're sure your father won't let you?

Shaking his head, the handsome youth looked devastated. "Ya see, that's why I wanted to talk to ya, Miss Bathes... I was hopin' that you would let me..." Again the boy trailed off, looking at his boots.

"Really, Tommy, just ask me, I'm sure it's not that bad," Miss Bathes tried to encourage him.

Tommy finally looked up at her, the puppy love plain in his gaze. Reaching for her hand, Tommy stepped closer. "Miss Bathes... Melissa. I was hopin' that you would let me court you." Seeing the shock in her eyes, he quickly added, "I know that it's sudden, but I care 'bout you a lot, Miss. I know I could provide for you, make you a good husband."

There was such hope in his eyes, they fairly burned with it. Really, Melissa should accept. She was already twenty-two, had no real prospects... that she knew of. Melissa didn't know how beautiful she was; her long, dark curly hair, smooth skin and quick wit made her the most sought after woman in town.

Flattered, Melissa knew she couldn't accept Tommy's proposal. "Tommy, I'm very flattered, but I think you need to be with someone your own age. Not some old croon," she joked. "Besides, you're young. You'll find a girl at the Hay Fair tonight, I'm sure." Confident that some young lady would catch his eye tonight at the spring dance, Melissa felt she had let him down easy.

Earnestly, Tommy tried to make one last attempt, "But you're the only gal for me, Miss Bathes. I jus' know it."

Placing a hand on Tommy's shoulder, Melissa told him softly, "We'll always be great friends Tommy. You can come to me anytime you want to talk, have a problem, or just need a friend." Melissa smiled, hoping this promise would help soothe the young man's ego.

Blowing out a puff of breath, Tommy nodded his understanding. He would give his lady love a hug, but then she would certainly feel his arousal that she caused unknowingly with her mega-watt smiles.

Handing her the bouquet of wild-flowers that he had kept behind his back, Tommy smiled wistfully and left, wishing the outcome had been more to his liking.

Watching Tommy leave with his shoulders hunched and the defeated look on his face made Melissa pity the youth, but she knew she had done the right thing. Leaning against her desk, she wondered if there had been a better way to handle the situation.

A cool breeze brought her out of her reverie and back to the present. Standing up, Melissa closed her eyes and stretched, reaching for the ceiling of the schoolroom with her hands.

Unwittingly, she gave her next visitor an enticing show. The stretch thrust her breasts upwards and outlined the delicate slimness of her waist. Bringing her arms down made a few tendrils escape the tight bun at the base of her neck. Rubbing her sore neck, Melissa yawned and opened her eyes.

"Oh God!" Surprised, Melissa felt a moment of wariness as she saw the outline of a man in the doorway of the schoolhouse. "Russell Rutger, if you go around scarin' me like that, I don't care how old you are, I'll give you the beating your mother should still be giving you!" She struggled to keep the angry, indignant tone and an expression to follow suit.

Laughing, the shadow entered the room. "Well, Miss Melissa that isn't a nice thing to say to a dear friend now is it?" He walked down the aisle, stopping in front of Melissa, keeping her between him and her big, oak desk.

Smiling innocently, Melissa didn't feel a moments worry about being trapped against her desk by the big farmer. She didn't see the interest in his eyes, hadn't seen it for the past five years.

Russell Rutger, besides being peeved with his parents for the alliterated name, was, of course, a handsome man. He was tall, towered over her at least, which wasn't all that difficult. At twenty-six, he had an easy manner about him, a pleasing countenance and a full head of sandy blonde hair that always looked tousled by the wind or from riding. It was all missed by Melissa though, the brawny frame, the bedroom eyes that followed her figure whenever they were together.

Russell didn't miss a thing about Melissa though. He could describe her to someone in minute detail, down to the last freckle. And he was damn frustrated to be seen asjusta friend.

Casually he took another step forward, his boots almost touching her little black leather shoes. "So, I see you had an admirer before I came in, Mellie," the nickname slipped out easily between the old friends, "Why the turndown?" Reaching out, he tucked a tendril behind her ear, taking his time and enjoying the feel of her delicate flesh.

Still unaware of Russell's interest, Melissa let out a breath, put her hands on the desk and hoisted herself up to sit. Immediately Russell was there, hands under her arms to help her up. Smiling her thanks, she didn't notice that he was even closer and went about trying to explain, "It wasn't right Russ," hearing the nickname made his groin tighten and he took another small step closer.

"You know me," she looked up at him with those big brown, doe eyes. "I just can't settle withanyone. Tommy was a student, that's all I see him as. There would never be the big love between us. I need that. Want that. It's all that I willsettlefor." Glancing up, Mel saw that she had his undivided attention. The intense expression on his face was a little unsettling, but that was how Russ was, she reminded herself.

His hand caressed the nape of her neck, softly rubbing, easing the tense muscles from her strenuous day. "I get it, Mel. You want what I want, Darlin'. Are what I want..." Unsure how to proceed, but needing to get it off his chest, Russell went down on one knee.

Slowly Melissa's liquid eyes rounded as understanding dawned on her. Clearing his throat, Russell tried to be as eloquent as he could, "Melissa... Mel, I love you. Always have, Darlin'. Always will." Running a hand over his face, he took her hands in between both of his. Staring into her eyes he felt like he was drowning, "I can'tjustbe your friend Mel. Never could." Letting go with one of his hands he cut through the air to make his point, "I hated seeing that young buck, Tommy Daniels in here, sniffin' at your skirts. And he's just the beginnin' I'm afraid. Hell, half the town is mad about you, and why not? You're smart, funny, one of the best women I've ever known, and beautiful as... well I don't know but you're stunning Darlin'."

Seeing her shocked, slacken look, he stood up and cradled her face between his large, rough hands. Seeing the dazed expression made him want to both laugh and kiss her. Russell chose the latter.

Bending his head, he pressed his lips to Melissa's. For him it was perfect, what he thought it would be and more.

For Melissa, it was... nice. It didn't turn her world upside down or make her leg want to "pop" behind her. It was just... pleasant.

Breathing heavily, Russell took her stunned look to mean that she felt it too. "See, Darlin', I knew we could be like this." He just continued to palm her cheek and finally tilted her face to look at him, "Marry me, Mel," he breathed. "Please, be my wife."

Melissa didn't know what to think, what to feel much less what to say. It was all too much to take in for one day and her mind was spinning. Wanting to stand up and pace until she could speak, Melissa pushed against Russell's chest.

Taking her hands, he held them to his chest, letting her feel his heartbeat, "I won't be lettin' you go just yet, Mel. You're like a wild filly sometimes, unpredictable." He smiled to show he was kidding.

Closing her eyes, Melissa let her thoughts flow through her mind, twenty million miles per hour.What should I do? What is right? Do I love him? I don't think so, but it'll hurt him I if say no. Oh, I can't treat him like Tommy. Stupid man, why did he put me in this position,she finally huffed to herself.

"Russell. Russ," Mel reached for his hand. "I love you too," he let out the huge breath that he had been holding, a boyish grin on his face. Softly, "But I'm notinlove with you," her fluid eyes begged him to understand. "You're more than a friend, you're family. My life wouldn't be the same without you, but I could never be the wife that you need. Please understand..." she trailed off softly.

For a second, Russell's eyes held a twisted angry, mean glint, but just when Melissa thought she saw it, it was gone, leaving the same gentle look that she was used to. Shaking her head, Mel figured she was just seeing things.

Stroking the side her neck, Russell pressed, "But you could learn, Mellie, you could learn to love me like I love you. I'm a patient man, Sweetheart, I can wait."

Feeling like he pleaded his case enough, Russell turned to leave, his shoulders hunched in defeat, reminiscent of Tommy an hour earlier.

Melissa felt her heart twist to see her best friend hurting because of her. There really wasn't anyone that she cared for more than Russell, there probably never would be.I could learn to love Russell like he loves me,she persuaded herself.I know I could...

"Russell..." she called out lightly.

Stopping in the doorway, Russell turned his head back to her.

Jumping off her desk, Melissa ran down the aisle and into Russell's arms. He caught her slight frame, crushing her to him. Brushing his hair from his face, Melissa beamed up at him, "I'd be honored to be your wife Russell. I love you..." biting her lip in indecision, she stopped.

Smiling gently, Russell pressed, "Will you marry me then, Mellie?"

"Yes, Russell. Yes."

With a holler, Russell picked Melissa up and carried her outside, spinning in circles until she was dizzy, giggling and begging him to stop.

"You won't regret this Mel. I love you so much, Darlin'." He didn't wait for her response, instead he bent his head for a possessive kiss that was everything that he ever wanted.Now you're mine, Melissa. God help you if you ever try to leave me.

********************

Sooo, I'd love to get feedback on what you all think. I won't let you know just yet, but is Russell a good guy or bad? I could go with this in a few, different ways and haven't decided just yet. Nothing is set in stone for Melissa. Let me know if there's anywhere/anything that I should throw in, any direction the story should head. Love to get feedback and suggestions!

Thanks to all who read and I will work on getting chapters out on the other stories. Lots of free time this summer. Lots of writing to be done!