The Palace Pt. 11

Story Info
Telling the Truth.
4k words
4.83
31.5k
26

Part 11 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/21/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,267 Followers

I visited my wife the next day. Bereyar wanted to make love again, but she was too sore. That didn't prevent me from bringing her to orgasm with my fingers, lips, and tongue. She was thrilled.

She insisted on returning the favor. For a virgin (until last night), she was remarkably well-informed about matters of the bedchamber. She licked and kissed my penis, and finally took it between her lips.

She could only fit the first two inches into her mouth. When I suggested that she could also use her hand, she thanked me. In terms of technique, she was nowhere near a match for, say, Avadi. But as the recipient of her attentions, I can attest to the fact that affection rivals or beats technique most every time.

She swallowed every drop of my ejaculate without hesitation. Then she sat in my lap, and wrapped her arms around me.

- "Where did you learn ... so much?" I asked her.

- "My mother is shy." said Bereyar. "But Father's concubine taught me a great deal. She answered all of my questions - in great detail." She smiled, revealing that endearingly chipped tooth. "I asked quite a few questions."

- "Your enthusiasm is ... infectious." I said.

- "I should hope so!" she said. "I know that we are expected to produce children. But that doesn't mean that we can't enjoy the process."

- "You are wise beyond your years."

Her smile faded. "Are you mocking me?"

- "Not at all. That was admiration. I knew that you were intelligent, Bereyar - but you are wise as well."

- "It's not that wise." she said. "I want you to enjoy being with me. I hope that I'll please you enough that you'll come to my bed more often. I just accept the facts: in time, you'll have second and third wives. And you have concubines."

- "None of them are like you." I told her. "You are one of a kind."

- "That's my goal. I won't be able to monopolize your attention. But that doesn't mean that I can't try."

"My mother gave up too soon. When Father took a second wife, she was happy. She didn't enjoy being pregnant. She stopped trying to gain his attention at all."

- "She was lonely?" I asked.

- "In the end, yes. Very lonely. Then she tried to use guilt, to make my father pay attention to her. It only drove him further away."

- "Tell me about your family." I suggested.

- "Really?"

- "Yes, please."

It was amazing to listen to Bereyar. Highly conscious of her audience - me - she tried to tailor her account to suit my interests. She told amusing anecdotes, and skipped over details which she thought might bore me.

When I asked questions, she was happy to fill in the picture for me. While she talked, I made an interesting discovery.

I liked my wife.

Oh, I found her attractive, and couldn't wait to bed her again. It might be too early to speak of love, though I was definitely in love with her. I simply enjoyed her company. The sound of her voice, the light in her eyes, her enthusiasm ... all of it. I could only hope that she would be as happy with me.

We made love - twice - the following day. And twice the day after that. The next day, we only had intercourse once, but she insisted on taking me into her mouth as well.

- "How else will I improve, if I don't practice?" she asked. I couldn't argue with her logic.

A day later, she wanted to experiment with new positions. She enjoyed being on top, but discovered that she loved being taken from behind, with my hands on her hips, or reaching around to squeeze the firm cones of her breasts.

I also showed her the position Semira had taught me, where she sat atop my thighs, facing me. Though the penetration was not so deep, she approved of the intimacy and closeness. I could delay my own orgasm indefinitely in that position.

A week after the wedding, Bereyar's enthusiasm for love-making was only increasing. When I arrived in her chamber, she greeted me with a cry of "Oh, good - you're here!", and began to disrobe immediately, looking back at me over her shoulder with a huge grin.

- "You could let me do that." I said.

- "Take my clothes off?" she asked. It was too late - she was naked. "I'm sorry. I didn't think of that. It might be fun to ... leave some mystery, from time to time. Is that what you mean?"

- "Exactly." I made her get dressed all over again. That in itself was very pleasurable to watch. Then I proceeded to kiss her and caress her through her clothes, for the longest time. I brought her to orgasm with my fingers before removing even a single article of clothing.

I continued to tease her, until she was ready to climb the walls. By the time I had her on her back, with my face between her legs, she was approaching a second climax. When I finally penetrated her, Bereyar let out a deep sigh of satisfaction.

- "I will trust you more, in future, husband." she promised. "You do know what you're doing."

It would be incorrect to give the impression that we spent every moment having sex. We lay together, resting, for long periods of time. I took many meals with her, as well. Not all of them, by any means - I didn't want her to expect that I would eat with her every night. I knew that I wouldn't be able to sustain that indefinitely.

But we talked a great deal. Her childhood and upbringing were safe subjects. Likewise we could discuss the city, the water project, poetry, and a host of other topics - but I tried to steer clear of Bishkur's childhood, for fear of making a mistake.

That kind of evasion left me feeling a little morose. I was entirely enamored with Bereyar, yet I was lying to her. I wasn't who she thought I was. Bishkur might have been right when he said that she was better off with me. But it still bothered me to be dishonest with her.

Bereyar was already far too adept at reading my moods.

- "Have I displeased you?" she asked. "Have I disappointed you, in some way?"

I smiled at her. "Not in the least." I said. "You are a constant delight."

- "But if I did annoy you - would you tell me?"

- "I believe that I could. Though I find it hard to imagine you disappointing me."

She grew serious, then. "Will you always tell me the truth, Bishkur?"

That was cutting too close to the bone. I chose to tell her the truth - in this case. "No, Bereyar. I cannot promise that. There will be Palace secrets which are best left unsaid. Some are dangerous. But I can swear this: I will never lie about my feelings for you."

That was less than ideal, and we both knew it. But Bereyar did not hold it against me.

- "Forgive me." she said. "I should not have asked. You have known me for so short a time. I should not have presumed."

- "Presume away." I told her. "If you do not mind being told 'No' from time to time, I will not object if you ask any questions you wish."

A few days later, we had been making love, and were still wrapped together in a tangle of arms and legs when I saw her smiling.

- "I wonder, sometimes," I said, 'how you do it."

- "How I do what?" she asked.

- "You are always so happy. It makes me happy just to be around you."

- "Why wouldn't I be?" she said. "I watched my mother make herself unhappy, and I wondered if the opposite was possible. Why not simply decide to be happy?"

- "So you make others happy, and it returns to you in kind?"

- "That's true, too." she said. "What I meant, though, was dwelling on the positives. For example, you saved me from the prospect of a horrible marriage."

- "General Pitarryat's son?"

- "I would have been hard put to be happy around him. But look - instead, I find myself married to an intelligent, handsome man who makes my body sing. Why wouldn't I smile?" she asked.

"Some women might envy me because I married the Emperor, and I live in a Palace, with servants. But I think I would be happy with you if we lived in a hut by the river. Not too close to the tannery, of course ..."

*****

Two weeks after the wedding, Bishkur apologized to me.

- "I am very sorry, Carrach, but I must interrupt your idyll, temporarily." he said.

- "How so?"

- "I will be away from the Palace for several days."

- "More inspections?" I asked.

- "Yes. And some meetings which I cannot postpone. I will return as soon as possible. My apologies once again."

- "You don't have to apologize - it's not like a few days apart is going to kill us." Even as I said it, I wasn't so sure.

- "You will suffer." he predicted. "And so will she. Go and say goodbye; I leave in the morning."

Bereyar held me tight, as if I was leaving for a month.

- "It will only be a few days." I told her.

- "I know. But it's going to feel like an eternity." she said. She insisted on making love to me until I couldn't achieve another erection.

*****

While Bishkur was away, I had one interview with Yasina.

- "Has she said anything about her father?" she asked.

- "Not really. Only about her childhood with him, and her parents' relationship." I said.

- "Nothing political? You could try to pump her for information, Carrach - when you're not pumping her otherwise ... oh, yes - I've heard. You're certainly keeping that end up."

I was glad that Yasina didn't want to have sex with me on this occasion. For one thing, Bereyar had made sure that I was thoroughly sated. For another ... while Yasina was still tremendously lustworthy - the epitome of sexuality - the truth was, I didn't particularly desire her anymore.

It wasn't just that I knew now what she had done to her son, and about the innocent lives she had snuffed out. It was more because she suffered by comparison with a beautiful woman who actually liked me.

She also refused to let me leave the Palace, though I wasn't doing anything even remotely useful while Bishkur was away. It took me three days of pleading before Yasina finally gave in to my request, and let me go home.

Serim was in his customary spot. I had been thinking about what he had said the last time I saw him. So as I dropped a coin on his mat, I asked: "Serim, how do you know that my back is safe?"

He smiled. "My legs and feet are crippled, Lord. There is nothing wrong with my eyes. Or my wits." He reached for the coin. "Congratulations on your wedding, Lord. I wish you every happiness."

I was stunned. Pole-axed.

Everyone knew that the Emperor was married. But how did Serim know that I was? Only a handful of people at the Palace knew I was there.

- "Don't linger too long, Lord, lest you attract attention." said the beggar.

I moved off, with my escort. But I continued to wonder how Serim came by his information. Who had told him? And why?

As we walked through the streets, something finally struck me. Notroh always led our little party of three, rather than walk beside me. And Enpy invariably followed at a distance. At first, I thought he did so to prevent me from escaping. Now, though ...

I glanced back, over my shoulder. Enpy looked up. Then he winked. I was so startled that I spun around quickly. Then I wondered if I had actually seen that. I looked back again. This time Enpy smiled briefly, but he also jerked his chin, as if to say 'Turn around!'

Coincidence?

But an even stranger thing awaited when we reached my home. I opened the door, only to be pole-axed for the second time that day.

Minika was sitting down, wearing a white robe. Next to her, on the table, was an urn. I understood immediately. My father was dead.

Min stood, and put her arms around me. "I'm sorry." she said. "I'm so sorry."

- "When?" I managed to say.

- "Ten days ago." she said.

That was after the wedding. My father died, and I hadn't known. I should have felt guilty, I suppose, but I was too stunned. So I sat Min down, and asked her to tell me everything.

- "He was coughing more, and getting tired more easily. The medicine helped, but not as much as it did before. I was worried, so I asked Faran to help me get a doctor."

Faran was a childhood friend of mine. We were students together, until he became a clerk. He lived in a modest house just around the corner.

"The doctor came," continued Min, "but he couldn't do much. Your father passed away quietly, in the night. Faran helped me again. He wrote a message for you, and I took it to the Palace gates. I asked the guards there to deliver it to you, but they told me to go away."

"I went back the next day, with coins. They took the message, then. But when you didn't come home, I went back. This time the guardsman was more sympathetic. He went to find out where you worked."

- "And he found out that no one in the Palace knew who I was?"

Min nodded. There was no accusation. Just acceptance. "I'm sorry. We waited as long as we could - Faran helped me. Your father always said that he should be cremated, so we followed his instructions."

I took her hands between mine. "I'm the one who's sorry, Min. You did everything right. Have you been sitting here every day, waiting for me?"

- "Faran comes every evening. He brings food, and keeps me company."

- "That's very kind of him." I said.

- "He's asked me to marry him, when my mourning is over."

Sometimes, words spill from my mouth, and I have no idea why I uttered them. This was such an occasion.

- "That might not be such a bad idea." I said.

I had never seen Min cry before. It tore my heart, and I felt less than six inches tall.

- "For me? Or for you?" she asked.

- "For you, Min. Faran is a good fellow. He may never be wealthy, but he's honest, and reliable. He would take good care of you." I said.

- "And you think that's what I want? To be taken care of?"

- "Min ... I don't know. What do you want?" I asked.

- "The same as I've always wanted - to be with you."

- "Min ..."

- "I've always known that your father would pass away one day. I prayed it wouldn't be for years, but ..."

"Just as I've always know that you would marry some day. I just hoped that your wife would be kind, and that I could continue to cook and clean for you both. And you know that I would care for any children of yours."

"And if for some reason you wanted to come to my bed, you know that I would never turn you away. All I wanted was to be with you."

I couldn't cry for my father, but now the tears came to my eyes.

- "Min, it's complicated." I tried to say.

- "No." she said. "It isn't. You know that I want to be with you, whatever the hardships. If it's inconvenient, or dangerous for you, then I will do as you say, go where you direct. But don't send me away because you think it would be better for me."

I didn't know how to answer that.

- "Do you remember the day you bought me?" she asked.

- "Of course I do."

- "I was terrified. I wondered if my new master would be cruel, or kind. You were wonderful to me - you always have been. Even when you came to my bed, it was a month later than I hoped it would be."

"You have never used me. I know the difference. You have shown me nothing but respect, and kindness. Why would I ever want to give that up?"

Min was one of the most level-headed, rational people I knew. She had a remarkable ability to cut straight to the heart of the matter.

Could I duplicate that? I considered the facts:

- my life was in danger

- I couldn't see a way out of my present situation

- I was married. And in love. (not that the two are incompatible)

Could I love two women at the same time? Minika seemed to have no difficulty envisioning it. But before I delved any deeper into that problem, there was one more simple fact to consider: I didn't want Min at the Palace.

Yasina would be only too happy to use her as a hold on me. I could picture Min toiling in the kitchens, harassed by the Chief cook, or groped by the male servants. I had no illusions, either, that the Empress would let me see Min any more than I did now.

I had no plan to extricate myself from my situation. Did I even want to? Especially now, with Bereyar? But if an opportunity to escape arose, would I be able to take advantage of it if I had to worry about Min?

Yes, I wanted her with me. But Min had to be safe. There was a simple way to explain it to her: I decided to tell her the truth.

I told her about my chance encounter with Yasina outside the apothecary's shop. I explained my uncanny resemblance to Bishkur, and described the Night of the Knives. I didn't leave anything out.

The concubines, Nanka, Notroh, Semira ... everything. It took a long time. I told her that I was going to be a father ... and that I was married. I told her about Bereyar. At the end of my tale, I was exhausted.

- "You're right." she said. "It is complicated." Minika rose, and put her arms around me again. She cradled my head against her chest. "Thank you for telling me. I understand so much better now."

"I thought, perhaps, that we could run." she continued. "We have money. But you can't leave your wife like that. Or the children."

- "No." I agreed. "I can't leave Bishkur, either. He needs my help just as much."

Minika sat down again. "So what do we do?" she asked.

I was cheered by her use of that pronoun. So I explained the idea that had growing in my head for the last hour.

Faran arrived in the early evening. I had not seen him for over six months. It was a little awkward, at first, but we embraced, and he offered his condolences. I thanked him for what he had done for my father, and for Minika.

I had concocted a simple lie to explain my absence from the Palace. I told Faran that the Emperor sent me to inspect fountains and cisterns secretly - incognito. That would explain why the guardsmen at the gate did not know my name.

Then I sat him down, and came to the heart of the matter.

- "I understand that you want to marry Minika." I said. "I have mixed feelings about that, Faran. I'd prefer to keep her myself, if possible. But I also believe that you would treat her well."

"So I'd like to ask you a favor - and to make you an offer, at the same time."

- "An offer?" he asked.

- "I don't want Minika living alone, in this empty house, while I work at the Palace. So I'm asking you to take her in. I can provide money for her upkeep."

- "That's not necessary." he objected.

- "I have money. That's not the issue. But here's the catch: I want you to look after her for me, for a year. At any time, I may come home, and take her away with me. If I do that, I will give you this house, to live in, or to sell - as you wish."

"But at the end of a year, I may not be able to take Minika with me - and I would ask you to marry her, as you intended. I would provide her with this house, as a dowry."

- "That's ... also not necessary." said Faran.

- "You understand? Either way, you get this house. But it isn't generosity, Faran. I'm being quite selfish, here. I'm asking you to look after Minika for a year, after which I may simply take her away again."

Faran looked to Min. "Is this acceptable?" he asked her.

- "You would be doing a kind thing for both of us." she answered.

I had considered giving Min the house, and some money, outright. But even if I freed her, it would not be ideal for her to live on her own. There would be heavy pressure to marry, and she would be exposed to all sorts of unwelcome attentions.

Faran accepted the bargain, as I'd hoped. When he had gone, I thanked Min as well.

- "Me? For what?"

- "For putting my mind at ease. I will sleep better, knowing that you're safe."

- "You must be exhausted." she said. "You should go to bed."

- "Oh, I'm going to bed." I agreed. "But I'm not going to sleep."

I made love to Minika tenderly, but thoroughly. I wanted both of us to have a memory that would last for some time. I explored every inch of her thin body, even down to caressing her toes. She tolerated my stroking and fondling patiently, but Min simply wanted to be joined with me.

AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,267 Followers
12