The Pandora Effect Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

"Wow you guys are a real riot. Come on Bob it's your turn for a stupid question," Kevin responded and then slammed what was left of his beer.

"You have to admit those were pretty funny Dvorska, but I have a more serious one for you and Jake."

"Christ, now what?" Jake said under his breath.

"What happens to you two if you get taken out by the Pandora Effect?" The laughter stopped just as suddenly as it erupted. Every face was turned towards the two human-formed werewolves.

"I'll field this one Kevin. To be honest Chief, more than likely the wolf side would try to emerge and survive. I can't even begin to conceive the devastation something like that would cause. My suggestion to you as the team's Chief is to arm everyone with those Desert Eagles we brought with us. I think I speak for both of us when I say, if either one of us gets infected you'd be doing the world a great favor by unloading the entire clip right between the eyes."

"I don't know if I could do that to you Dvorska. You're still a Navy SEAL."

"I guess you really don't have a choice Bob. At least I'll know I don't have to listen to anymore of V-man's fire hydrant jokes."

Alpha fire team broke out in a hardy round of laughter once again, as the cute server appeared with two large baskets of hot wings. As the men dug into the spicy hot meat, Kevin felt at peace knowing that he indeed had his friends back. He also knew he could trust these men to keep the secret he so carefully guarded these long years.

**********

Adam, Neal, and Garrett stood silently in the waning hours of the glowing sun as they watched the Gulfstream 2 slowly roll towards them. Two other SEALs in civilian clothing stood just behind, holding a small metal briefcase containing the recovered samples of the Pandora virus. Neal's thoughts were still spinning with astonishment as he played the story over repeatedly in his mind.

"A few months, that's all I had to do. Now my last job on active duty is to stop the dead from coming back to life." Neal's thoughts faded quickly into the cool air as the Rolls-Royce engines throttled back to idle.

As the contoured steps lowered, Kristine Dawson emerged from the bright interior. She smiled at the three men and quickly rushed out to meet her husband. Adam steadied himself for the oncoming embrace, but was shocked when she stopped short of the small group.

"Where is that little bastard? When I get a hold of Kevin I'm going to slap him silly for making me lose sleep!"

"Hi honey. Yes, I'm fine. You remember Neal don't you? Of course I'm hungry, thanks for asking." Adam had his hands on his hips as he smiled mockingly at his wife.

"Oh I'm sorry sweetheart. It's just that he's got me so mad I can't think straight," she replied as she pressed her tender body against him.

"You were supposed to be here a few hours ago, what kept you?"

"We had to make a stop first. I'll tell you about it later when we're alone," she whispered in his ear.

After releasing him, she quickly grabbed Neal Hawkins and squeezed tightly around his rugged mature body. After kissing his cheek affectionately, she stepped back and stared at the senior SEAL of the base.

"It's good to see you again Neal. How's your wife Misty doing these days?"

"She's fine Kristine, but she really has a burr under her saddle for me to retire and head back to the states."

As the pilot brought out Kristine's luggage, he spoke briefly with Garrett. The Director motioned for the two other two SEALs to board the CIA transport. He had no worries that the virus would reach Langley safely, as Commander Hawkins assigned two of his best men as couriers.

The small group turned and walked slowly towards the waiting car. Kristine squeezed Adam's hand gently, letting him know she loved him. They were almost to the vehicle when Kristine turned towards Hawkins.

"I hope you don't mind me using your Intel people. My team really needs every piece we can get." Neal was stunned at the statement and gave Adam a hard scowl.

"I know Neal, don't ask. I'll tell you about it later," Adam replied with a heavy sigh as he opened the car door for his deluded wife.

"This whole -- my team shit -- is really getting on my nerves."

**********

The music was loud to a point that the patrons of the Enlisted Club couldn't hear the karaoke contestant singing off key. When a high note came, the DJ nudged the volume dial a little bit further. Three people winced horridly at the inhuman screech. One of them was the half-drunk Air Force youngster trying to sing an old Air Supply song, badly, and the other two were a pair of werewolves trying hard not to kill him.

Both Kevin and Jake tried hard to suppress the grimace of pain quickly spreading across their faces. Bob noticed that his point man was bothered by the rendition of the hit song and leaned forward on the table.

"Hey Kev, is this one of those times when you want to scare the shit out of the patrons and kill someone," he screamed above the music.

"I don't have to change to shut him up Bob. He'll have a hard enough time ruining that song with that microphone shoved up his ass!"

Suddenly the song ended and Kevin didn't know if the drunk people were applauding because he did a good job, or that the torture was finally over. A pretty brunette server strolled up to the table and began picking the empty bottles up. She was more mature than the one the team started out with. Bob couldn't decide if her flirtatious demeanor and noticeable English accent was a ploy to increase her tips, or she was genuinely searching.

"Are you kids ready for another round, or is it too close to bed time for -- most -- of you?" Bob Holiday saw the gleam in her soft brown eyes as the last statement rolled off her tongue like sweet candy.

Jake reached into his wallet and tossed some money onto the full tray of bottles. "Don't worry, our mothers said we could stay out late tonight since we don't have school in the morning. We'll take another round, and there's another fifty in it for you if you poison the last singer."

The brunette locked eyes with the seasoned SEAL Chief. "Oh I think I can come up with something that will stop his heart."

After the busty woman left, V-man leaned over towards his Chief. He didn't notice the movement because Bob was totally engrossed in watching her sway her flared hips. He tried hard not to blush as she stopped and turned her head to see if he was watching her. She quickly flashed a bright smile and continued towards the bar.

"I never thought I'd say this to you Bob, but that hot mama has got it bad for you." Dan Vazquez chuckled as he leaned back in his seat.

"Shut up V-man. I know a lady who's trying to work for more tips when I see one."

Carl shuddered as if he were cold. "What the hell's wrong with you Werner?"

"Nothing Chief, it's just that I got this quick image of you two in bed. It's like catching your parents having sex."

Every man at the table moaned in disgust at the halfhearted remark. Bob on the other hand glared at his heavy gunner, then with lightning reflexes, slapped Carl in the back of his head. The moans quickly turned to laughter as Carl's body fell forward.

"Nice to see everyone is getting along once more. Is Carl running his mouth again Bob?"

Adam Dawson stood next to his team and peered down at them with his powerful arms crossed over his chest. Next to him stood Garrett Brown and Neal Hawkins, who shook his head in disbelief as Carl rubbed the back of his stinging head.

"Damn Werner, I thought you would have grown out of being stupid by now. Are you clowns gonna move over so we can sit down, or do we have to find our own table?"

The younger men quickly moved so that the senior SEAL and their team leader could join them. After moving the chairs around, Neal turned and looked for a server so he could buy a round for his favorite team.

"Hey Adam, I thought you two were picking up Kristine?"

"Keep your pants on Kevin, she went to the ladies room. I should warn you that she's pretty ticked off with you."

"What the hell did I do?" Kevin had a quizzical look on his face as the brunette bombshell came up and started setting beers in front of everyone.

As she went around the table, she quickly switched hands and served Bob a cold beer. When he reached for it, the flirty woman slipped a small piece of paper into the palm of his hand. She took the new arrivals order then shot Chief Holiday a quick glance. With a wink of her eye, she turned and retreated to the bar for the drinks.

"You've got to be kidding me Bob! I leave you guys alone for a few hours and you're out hunting for a wife for the night?"

"I didn't start this Adam. She's coming on to me so she can get more tips!"

Kevin leaned towards him. "So that note she just slipped you is really our bar tab?"

"Don't make me get up and slap you silly Dvorska."

"I'll save you the trouble Bob," Kristine said sternly. In one fluid motion, she slammed her fist into Kevin's shoulder. As he winched in mock pain, she placed her hands on her slender hips.

"That's for making me lose sleep, you jackass. I have half a mind to put you back in the hospital Kevin Dvorska. Don't ever put me in that..."

"Okay Kristine, I think he gets the point," Adam interrupted.

Alpha fire team tried hard to stifle the laughs at the petite woman. They couldn't deny that it was humorous to see her glaring at someone who she knew to be a werewolf. Bob finally realized that Kevin was no more a threat to any of them than a small Chihuahua would be.

Adam was just about to pull a seat out for her when the tone-deaf singer from a short while ago approached. When he reached the table, he placed his arm around Kristine's slender shoulder. The entire team watched cautiously, but made no attempt to interfere.

"Hey gorgeous, why don't you come sit with a group of real men. I'm doing another number in a few minutes and I want you front and center so I can sing you a love song." The young man couldn't help but slur his words as he tried to lead her away.

"Sounds like a tempting offer, but I'll take my chances with them. Now if you don't mind, would you kindly remove your arm?"

"Oh come on cupcake, I can show you a real good time."

Adam Dawson watched his wife's eyes for any sign of fear, or the need for assistance. What he did see, forced him to grab a lone empty beer bottle and move it out of the way. The SEALs quickly picked up their drinks and held them close, everyone but Jake Newton.

"Better grab your beer Brother," Kevin whispered.

"No way, I might have to help Kristine with..."

"You should know that I really hate being called cupcake," Kristine growled.

The SEAL wife moved her left hand across her chest and took hold of the drunk's hand. As his thumb was pushed in, he winced in pain as the digit started to dislocate. She quickly turned his wrist and transferred the now useless appendage into her right hand.

As she ducked under his arm, Kristine bent the wrist upward which caused the drunk to shift his weight forward to avoid any more pain. Quickly, she grabbed a handful of black greasy hair and slammed the drunken Airman face first into the hard table. As the wood shook violently, Jake's beer toppled into his lap and soaked the dark slacks he wore.

"I tried to warn you Marine. That's why we all picked up our beers. Guess those reflexes only work in the field," Kevin chuckled to his werewolf companion.

Adam leaned over and came face to face with the stunned drunk. "That really looked like it hurt. I guess I shouldn't have shown my wife here how to do that, although you have to admit it was a pretty good move."

One of the bouncers quickly came up and latched onto the young man. As he was escorted out of the building, his friends jumped up and went after him. They all looked a bit nervous as they steered clear of the table full of Navy SEALs.

Now that the excitement was over, Bob placed his hands under the table and unfolded the small note. "You look good enough to eat. My break is at eight, and if you're interested meet me by the kitchen entrance. Nancy."

Bob placed the note in his pocket and looked back at the small group. All eyes were trained on him as he cleared his throat and quickly grabbed his beer. Kristine looked around at the staring faces and wondered why everyone was so interested in the team's Chief looking down in his lap.

"Is there something I missed fellas?"

"No Kristine, Bob here is just checking the bar tab." Kevin laughed as he finished off his beer.

Just then, Nancy came up with a fresh tray of beers along with a gin and tonic for Kristine. As the drinks were passed out, Nancy kept glancing at Bob for any sign of acceptance to her offer. When she collected the money, she paused for just a moment as Bob checked his watch.

"Wow, look at the time, it's almost eight. I guess we'll have to stay awhile Boss. We don't need to call it a night so soon do we?"

"What the hell are you talking about Bob? We just got here and I wouldn't mind unwinding for a bit if it's all the same to you."

Nancy smiled slightly as her ivory skin took on a hint of crimson. "I'll be going on break soon, but I'll make sure you -- men -- are taken care of."

She walked away at a fast pace, but she didn't realize that two of them had extremely capable hearing. "I'm going to bloody take care of that hunk of man meat for sure."

Kevin and Jake looked at each other with astonished faces, and then almost fell out of their chairs with laughter. The others looked at them as Adam reached out and caught his friend before he fell.

"I'm glad to see everyone enjoying themselves," Neal said as he placed his hand in his jacket pocket.

"Sorry Commander, it's been a long couple of weeks for the guys," Adam proclaimed as he tried to direct any displeasure away from his team.

"I don't think all of you know that I'm retiring in a few months." The gasps of disbelief filled the musty air as the statement took hold.

"No fucking way Sir, you can't do that!" Bob screamed out.

"I can see Lieutenant that you still have a hard time keeping your men in line."

Adam shot Bob a silencing stare. "Yes Sir, I'll have to have a talk with them about manners while out in public."

"Well since you can't do it as a Lieutenant, perhaps you'll be more successful as a Lieutenant Commander."

Commander Hawkins placed a worn set of gold oak leaves on the table in front of his longtime friend. Adam looked at the small collar devices in disbelief, as tears started to form in Kristine's sparkling blue eyes. He picked up the tarnished pendants and looked back at Neal.

"They were mine quite a few years back; I thought they might bring you some luck. Congratulations Lieutenant Commander Dawson."

Cheers went up for the newly promoted team leader. The SEALs smiled and clapped their hands as the two Officers shook hands. Kristine leaned in close to her husband and hugged him tightly. As the two embraced, Kevin looked on with admiration. His friend had taken a chance on a new point man years ago, a chance that changed the course of his life forever.

"Congratulations Lieutenant Commander. This still won't make me salute you," Kevin said as he shook his hand.

"I knew I did a fine job training you, Boss. Trust the Chief and you shall prosper," Bob said with a short laugh.

Neal Hawkins leaned over the table and stared hard at the seasoned veteran. "I couldn't agree with you more Bob. Behind every good Officer, there is a Chief making it all happen. Let's see if you can continue the success with these on your collar."

Hawkins slid over a pair of gold anchors, just like the ones he wore on his official uniform. When Bob looked down, he saw the shimmering silver star on top of them. The rank of Senior Chief was attained by only three percent of all Chiefs in the Navy. Bob Holiday realized this and picked them up with a slightly trembling hand. As he looked closer at the anchors, he noticed some wear marks along the edges. It could only mean another Senior Chief used them in the past.

"I see you've noticed that they're a bit worn Senior Chief, let me solve the puzzle for you. Those belonged to Senior Chief Andrew Stall from Bravo squad. If anyone got them, I'm sure he'd want it to be you."

Bob Holiday started to choke up as he remembered the torn body of his friend on a cliff above Predjama Castle. Wanting to keep his emotions in check, Bob moved his chair back and stood up. As he placed the treasured anchors in his pocket, he pulled out his wallet and tossed a wad of bills onto the table.

"You bozo's try not to drink all that by yourselves. When I get back, I had better have a cold one waiting for me. I'm going to call my sister and tell her the news," the new Senior Chief said, and then moved around his friends and teammates.

After he was gone, Neal turned to Adam and Kristine. "I'd love to hang around and celebrate with you and the rest of the team, but my better half would have my lower half if you know what I mean. Have your team in the briefing room by 0900 hours."

"I'll make sure they're all present and accounted for Neal," Kristine said as she took a sip of her Gin and tonic.

Neal once again gave Kristine's husband a quizzical look, but shook his head and left the SEAL team to continue the party alone. Nancy's replacement scooted around the elder SEAL and set her tray down to collect the empties. She was younger than Nancy, but worked quickly to complete her task and take their orders.

Kevin looked towards the area of the phones but realized his team Chief went towards the bar area. He turned and looked the other way and found his fellow werewolf looking at him with surprise. With a large smile on his face, he gave a hurried chuckle.

"Don't worry Kev; I'm sure he's in capable hands."

"Her hands don't worry me. I just don't want him to have a heart attack with that man-eater," Kevin replied with a smile.

**********

Bob Holiday scanned the area on the other side of the bar. The area had fewer tables than the main area where his team celebrated without him. He questioned his actions as he noticed the entrance to the kitchen area was unoccupied. He wondered if he was set up from the start just to get better tips from the mature women.

He was about to walk away when he saw Nancy come out of the kitchen as she dried her hands on a small towel. When their eyes met, a smile formed slowly on her aged face. The gleam in her hazel eyes proved to him she wasn't after tips, not the money kind anyway.

With a nod of her head, Nancy moved towards a dimly lit hallway and went down about halfway. She looked over her shoulder to see if Bob followed her. When she saw him appear, she looked at the other patrons to see if any of them noticed the two enter.

As he came up beside her, she quickly opened the door and pulled him inside the large storage closet. Once he was safely out of the way, she shut the door and locked it from the inside. Nancy ran her hand against the wall and felt for the light switch. When she flicked the small white switch, the room glowed in the soft light.

Bob quickly adjusted his eyes and scanned the room. There were shelves on both sides along with a folding table along the back wall. When he looked back at Nancy, she had her hands behind her shapely ass and a sly smile on her face. Her brown hair was hanging loosely to one side as she looked down and checked her watch.

"I don't want to seem forward here, but I've only got fifteen minutes before they start looking for me. Fancy skipping the foreplay on this one?" Her rich English accent made his cock stir in his pants.

"Well I wouldn't want you to get you in trouble with the management. Maybe we can..."

Nancy's impatient lips quickly silenced the beefy SEAL, as she pressed her body against him. Bob wrapped his powerful arms around her and lifted her up, then set her down on the table behind him. He felt a bit out of sorts since he hadn't done this in a long time. With the aggressive nature she displayed, Bob thought she might be in the same situation.

boneams
boneams
739 Followers