The Parable of Brian Brown Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'I bet you all enjoy this, don't you?' he thought as his attention turned toward the congregation that had their backs to him. 'The perfect couple falls. The pretty Brown boy gets left in the dumps like a pathetic shit. All that preaching he'd done in church, and his wife screws cross-dressers like a degenerate tomcat. I bet that's what you're all thinking. I'll give you something to think about!'

"Go out and preach the good news! Until next week..." Pastor Jeff stated from his podium.

"Amen," the congregation stated.

Brian collected himself as he realized the sermon was over. He'd downed the half of whiskey he had left in his flask and steadied himself on a pew as he stood, the alcohol rushing to his head.

Brian was a tall man of 6-2, with a large frame and shoulders, and was a stalky individual. He had large, long legs, but had a firm stomach and was overall fit at 220 pounds. He stroked his black hair as he stood, and rode his hand down his face, over his brown eyes, small nose, and small lips. He looked like his age of 32, but the dark circles that had developed in the last few days under his eyes gave him an unhealthy look, even dressed in a full suit.

He was in no condition to quickly leave the church as he wanted with the alcohol he consumed. Instead, he again got to listen to everyone's wishes of sorrow as they left the church and shook his hands. Again, some showed genuine sympathy. Others, on the contrary, had lips bleeding from the efforts to try and hold back laughter.

Pastor Jeff was the last one to make it to Brian.

"Brian, I'm so glad you could make it!" Jeff said. "I've been trying to get over there the last few days, but with funerals Friday and two weddings yesterday, I..."

"No need to explain, Jeff," Brian said politely with slurred speech. "I understand what it's like to be a 'Preacher Man'."

"Brian," Jeff replied, "we need to talk soon. I'm coming over to your house after I change. Did you listen to the sermon?"

"Absolutely," Brian said.

"I smell the beer, Brian."

"It's whiskey."

"You should have. I wrote if for you. This isn't the end, Brian. Her leaving is not the end. It's not an ending."

"Really?" Brian said with a laugh. "It sure feels like it!"

"We need to talk."

Brian cleared his head. He looked at his Pastor. Jeff had been the preacher at Highlands for only two years. Brian had found him dull in his sermons, but he was a down-to-earth guy – not at all the typical preachy type – and ministered well. He also had a deep care for his congregation – unlike others, who saw pastoring as a means to a free house.

"I know," Brian replied. "I'd like to talk. Come to my place. I mean the hotel. I'm staying at the Inn. I checked in last night – I can't stay in the house.

"What number?"

"Room three, actually."

"I'll see you in two hours."

"Sounds good."

They departed, and Brian walked out the door. He squinted in the sunlight as he stepped out, and his loosened his collar and tie. It was a warm June day in Indiana, and the humidity of summer had hit. He looked back at the church.

"Take your sermon and shove it up your ass," Brian said aloud. He turned left out of Highlands, and prepared to make the ten block walk back to downtown and to his hotel room.

He stopped after a few steps, and looked skyward.

"You happy God?" he said. "I just cussed out a preacher. That's what happens when the woman I love hits me!"

He stormed off down the sidewalk angrily murmuring to himself. He had just come to the first street corner when something stopped him dead in his tracks. He fell backwards as though he were pushed. He looked up to see a small, dark-headed woman sitting on the ground, with papers scattered aside her. He had run into her walking and had not realized it.

"I'm so sorry Ma'am," he said, standing to his feet. The girl looked up, dazed, and began to lift herself up.

"Don't be," she said. "I was in my own little world – I didn't even see you walking."

"That makes two of us," Brian said, and they both laughed.

Brian looked at the girl. She was a short girl of about 5-2, had long, thick, black hair, and had a classic hourglass figure. She was dressed in a short, grey skirt and white top. She noticed the attention she was receiving as she picked up her papers, and smiled at Brian. Brian returned the smile.

'Say hello, sweetie!'

12