The Pirate and The Thief Ch. 05

Story Info
Dinner at the Captain's table.
2.6k words
4.67
9.8k
4

Part 5 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 02/08/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lucreace
Lucreace
59 Followers

Molly came back to herself in unfamiliar surroundings. She was lying in a cot, not a hammock and she was alone. She knew she was below deck and she had a blanket covering her. She was also naked. She took a glance around and tried to sit up. She could see her clothes across the deck on a chair. There was a thick length of frayed rope next to it; then she remembered. She coughed and sparks shot through her vision.

"John tells me that nothing's broken, just bruised," Captain said. She'd not seen him sitting behind the head of her bed. Molly sank back, too aware of her nakedness underneath the thin blanket. Heat rose on her cheeks and she swallowed hard.

"Is she-"

"The ship's fine, that was a brave thing you did," he said, "Foolish and rash, but brave none the less," she could hear him shifting his weight behind her head, the memory of him soaking wet flashed through her head, unwanted yet not unwelcome. She covered it with a small cough and did her best to smile. Lavender drifted over her as she moved and she breathed deep, she pictured her head resting in his lap, his long black curls tickling her as he leaned over. His delicious hands would cup her chin as... "Are you all right?" he asked looking over the top of the cot.

"I think so," she said, dismissing her train of thought, she wished the colour of her cheeks wouldn't betray her so. He raised an eyebrow as she gripped the blanket tight against her, "Who undressed me?"

"It wasn't myself if that's what you're worried about," he said.

"No, no that's not it!" she said

"Oh? So you wouldn't mind me undressing you?"

"That's not what I meant at all!"

"There's a shame," he said with a shrug, "The blush on your cheek says otherwise."

"Maylan's breath! Did you come here to annoy me?" she said thrusting her chin upwards.

"No. I came here to see if you'd still want to join us, that's myself and my officers, for dinner later. I was going to introduce you but if you find me so deplorable I'd happily forego the whole affair," he said. Molly felt blood pour into her cheeks and she swallowed back a retort. Would it be so bad? Getting to know the crew would definitely help her during the coming weeks and pissing off the Captain would do her no favours. She forced a smile onto her face and turned her head to look at him. The cornflower blue eyes twinkled down at her, how could she refuse?

"I'd love to," she said, it sounded false in her ears but it was the best she could manage. He nodded before standing.

"Good, I'll meet you on deck at the sixth bell," he said. She listened as his footsteps receded and climbed the ladder back onto the deck. Then she relaxed back into the cot, name of the God's what was she thinking? There was no way this could go well but then, there was no way she could get out of it either. Maybe she could get away with having a couple of drinks and some food, then claiming she had a headache and leave early. She'd not offend anyone that way and she'd just fallen off the rigging, no one would be able to question her for leaving. That sorted she settled herself and let her eyes close once more.

Molly was unsure how long it was she'd slept for but when she awoke, she felt fresher than she had for a while. She sat up and stretched, her ribs were still sore but not as much as they had been earlier. She wrapped the blanket around her and stood. Her clothing was still on the chair so she made her way there. She was dressed in no time. She replaced the blanket on the cot. "I can get you some soap and water if you like." Molly jumped and spun round.

"Ged's blood!" she said.

"Sorry Molly," another pirate stepped through the hatch and gave her a smile. It was another lady.

"I thought I was the only woman on board," Molly said trying her best to keep her shock from her face.

"Of course not, name's Sasha," she said. Sasha was a short blonde lady somewhere around Molly's age, "I'm the one who tends wounds and helps Cook when needed. I'm no trained doctor but I'm the closest thing this ship has. I was the one who undressed you and made sure you were well," she explained.

"Thank you," Molly said, "What time is it?"

"Just past fifth bell, evening. Did you want some water?" Sasha said.

"Yes, I don't think I should go to dinner smelling of sweat and salt," she said.

"What do you think the rest will do?"

"Lavender scent isn't so bad," Molly said with a shrug.

"Aye, but Captain's different. He's an educated man, not common riff-raff like the rest of us," she said. She turned away for a moment and then turned back with a bucket filled with water, "It's seawater, we ain't going to waste drinking water on washing."

"Of course not," Sasha handed Molly the lump of rye soap and walked passed her. Molly washed as best she could. She had to admit, when she was done, she felt so much better, "Thank you," she said, "Where do you want this?"

"Just stick it through there, I'll deal with it shortly," Sasha said.

"I'll see you soon," Molly said. Sasha nodded and she left, heading back to the forecastle. The usual hive of activity was present on deck, swabbing, adjusting, mending and climbing. Molly smiled as Bart greeted her with a clap on the shoulder. Mahoney called her from the main yard and she waved as she looked up at him. Had she climbed up that far last night? It seemed so much further when she stood down here looking up. She continued back to her own living space and grabbed some clean clothes. They were the new ones she'd purchased in Nass, they were still soft from the makers washing and she sighed as she shrugged into them. The watch bell began to ring, she smiled and made haste, by the time the last bell had rang, she was on the quarter deck waiting for the Captain.

When he strode out the cabin he looked, well, he looked like a pirate. He wore a huge red frock jacket over his black waist coat and white shirt. His black curls were kept out of his rugged face by his large hat and those bright blue eyes flashed when he saw her waiting there. He strode over, polished boots clicking on the pristine deck, "There, I thought you'd change your mind," he said.

"And spent the rest of the voyage avoiding you?" she said.

"There are places," he said.

"Yes but the bilges are hardly a place I want to spend all my time."

"Very true," he conceded, "If you come with me dear Molly, I'll show you around the rest of the ship," he said. He held the crook of his arm out for her and she blinked once before linking hers through it. The red coat was made of soft velvet and she couldn't stop pushing at the fibres with the tips of her fingers. He led her across the quarter deck and onto the poop deck. "This is my favourite part of the ship," he said, "Watching the sun set is something else, on a calm sea after a long day you can lose yourself here," he led her to the rail and she looked back across the sea. The soft breeze picked at her hair and she knew what he meant. She unlinked her arm and leaned over the rail, watching the swell of the waves and white caps as they sailed onwards. He was right; the sun had just caressed the horizon sending washes of red light over the sky. The sea itself was the calmest she'd ever seen it, barely a ripple on the glassy surface below them, "Do you like it?" he asked joining her at the rail.

"Of course I do, you knew I would," she said. He gave her a smile confirming her suspicions.

"I know what it's like on the Red Plunder, I doubt she'd have shown you any of the small joys there are on board," he said. He leaned against the Taff rail and followed her gaze out to sea.

"I was in the bilges a lot, after that I repaired sail and fought when it was required. Bess realised I was a woman half way through the trip, after that, she'd summon me to talk at me about the injustices she thought had been done against her," Molly said.

"You won't have heard much good about me then," he said.

"Not really."

"Yet you're still here?"

"Is it so hard to believe?" she said with a shrug. He didn't answer, instead focused on the setting sun.

"Come on then Molly," he said finally, "If you're as hungry as I am you'll be anxious to get below."

Her stomach growled as if on cue and she realised the truth of his words, she was famished! "What about the rest of the ship?" she said.

"There's enough time for that later," he said, once more extending her arm. She took it, enjoying the feel of his strong arm through the fabric. He led her back to the quarter deck and through the door. The large cabin had been partitioned and a dining table was set in the middle of the room. There was a door, which was shut, in the middle of the partition. Molly guessed that it would lead to the Captain's private quarters. He pulled a chair out at the table for her and beckoned her to sit. She did so and only when he was sure she was settled, did he see to his own comfort. Sitting at the table already were three men, the Helmsman, Quartermaster and the Boatswain. Jack, the quartermaster and Mahoney, the boatswain, she already knew, she'd only seen the helmsman from a distance so gave him a polite nod.

Molly was out of her depth and she knew it. What could she possibly have to say to these fine experienced seamen? She looked into the faces of each one in turn and did her best to not balk and run for the door. "Molly, this is Jack, Mahoney and Harri, finer men afore the mast you'll never meet," he said

"Rum?" Harri said by way of greeting.

"I thought you'd never ask," said Mahoney. Molly held out her mug for Harri to fill it before taking a delightful little swig. The honey liquid slipped down her throat and pooled in her stomach, spreading warmth with it. It was a million times better than the grog she'd drank back in Nass. The door opened and Cook walked in carrying a huge bowl of hot stew. Sasha followed with a plate full of bread rolls, "Don't get used to it fella's, it won't last for much longer," he said as he placed the food on the centre of the table. Sasha served the stew to them before they both left.

"Eat up, please, before it gets cold," Captain said. Molly didn't need telling twice, the smell coming from the bowl in front of her was divine. She picked up her roll and commenced battle with the stew. It was the most delicious thing she had ever tasted, the meat fell apart when it was touched by her spoon, the gravy was thick and clung to her bread but never fell off or made a mess. There was complete silence around the table as they all ate and drank their fill of rum. When she was done, she pushed her bowl to one side and relaxed back into the comfortable chair with her mug of rum.

"Now tell me you enjoyed that!" Harri said.

"Maylan's breath, that was some of the best food I've ever eaten," Molly said. She knew the smile on her face was silly but the warm food and warming rum had flushed her cheeks and she couldn't keep the smile away.

"I'd not let Cook hear that, go straight to his head it will," Jack said.

"Now Molly, tell us of you," Mahoney said as he pushed his food aside.

"There's not much to tell, I came here from Karana," she said, not wanting to tell them everything but not wanting to lie either, "I lost my family, was living on the street so decided to gain passage south. My ship was wrecked and I wound up in Nass eight months ago. I needed work so signed on the first ship I came across, the Red Plunder. The rest you know," she said.

"And how did you find life on the Plunder?" Harri asked.

"I faired OK," she said, "I began learning a trade and aside from the harsh words of the captain life was agreeable to me," she added as she sipped her rum. She found the mug empty and Harri refilled it for her. "And how did all of you end up here?" she asked. The four men looked at each other, Jack coughed.

"I joined this crew many moons ago, I've always been a sea faring man and after a stint on shore I signed up and have been here since," Jack said.

"Aye, I think Jack speaks for us all," Mahoney said.

"What about you?" she said turning to the Captain. She rested her chin on her hands and her elbows on the table, he was her sole focus for the moment, it would be interesting to hear his story.

"Oh, it's the same as all the other tragic tales you hear," he said leaning back in his chair, his long legs spread out before him, "I was given a career in the navy which fell to ruin, I found myself also in Nass and built myself up from there. Not an interesting story and not worth dwelling upon," he said. He removed his hat and pushed his hand through his thick black locks. Molly nodded at his answer yet noticed the mistruth of it, Quillaa had no navy. She took another swig of her rum and shifted her weight. The men began talking of headings and proposed, the soft sway of the ship rocked her and combined with the warm food and the alcohol, made her eyes heavy.

"Come, we're sending Molly to sleep with our prattle," Jack said. Molly jumped and smirked.

"No such thing!" she replied.

"Liar," Captain said.

"And you were watching me were you?" she said, unable to choke back a laugh. She leaned her cheek on her hand and smiled up at him.

"If Jack noticed it must have been obvious," he shrugged, "Bring some cards out Mahoney," he said, "Maybe that will keep Molly awake. You do know how to play right?"

"Depends what you play," she said. It had been years since she'd played and never been something she took much enjoyment from. Still, Harri filled her mug once more and she found that she didn't want to leave just yet.

"Frigates?"

She nodded, that was one game she did play. A board was produced and soon enough, the game was underway. She was paired with Jack and Mahoney, while Captain played on a team with Harri. She took the time to study him while hiding her face behind her cards. Flashes of his soaked muscled body ripped through her mind as she gazed at hands holding the cards. Thoughts of what those hands could do coloured her cheeks, at least the rum hid that well enough. His blue eyes lingered on her too and she could feel them searching her while they played. She drained her mug once more and Harri on the ball as ever, refilled it. She picked it up and grinned, so much for pleading a headache and leaving early.

Lucreace
Lucreace
59 Followers