The Pirate and The Thief

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The band were in mid flow when the door crashed open, the wind burst into the room, the life was sucked out into the cool darkness as the lanterns flickered and sputtered. The band paused for half a heartbeat before continuing with the reel they were playing but the singing has lost some of its gusto. Molly turned to see what the disturbance was, only to find it was another group of pirates joining the fray. She returned her attention to her companions to discover that they were all looking at the newcomers. All of a sudden, the moment passed and their attention was drawn back to the players. Molly found herself unable to do the same, the group sauntered to the bar as if they owned the place and she wondered who they were. Two quick cracks on the spoons drew her attention and she was watching the band once more.

Three of the new comers came and sat on the side of the table with John and Bart, colour drained from John's face and Bart looked spooked. John glanced into one of the booths and Molly's gaze followed without her realising it. In the booth sat one of the tallest men she's ever seen, he sat lounging back on one of the plush benches, one long leg propped on one knee. She couldn't make out much else because the shadow hid him, just the odd glint from the candles on metal punctured the darkness. John stood up, "Just a moment," he muttered before following the other men to the booth. One remained behind and engaged Bart in a conversation that was hushed.

Molly tried to focus on the band again but an exchanged look between Davie and Len told her to keep her eyes open just in case. The music sounded strained now, she could hear her heart pounding faster than the beat of the drum, her palms were clammy and she wiped the sweat on her thighs. Rog gave her a half smile and a reassuring nod. "It'll be fine," he whispered. She forced her hands to uncurl from the fists she found them in and watched the band.

"What's going on?" she said keeping her voice low. She was tempted to move her head nearer to Rog's but that would be obvious, they were being watched after all.

"Seems the Sea Witch is in town," he said.

12