The Poets Ch. 03

Story Info
A new twist in the lives of the poets.
5.8k words
4.57
10.5k
4

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 08/01/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Quantuman
Quantuman
90 Followers

I opened my eyes and felt Leah's soft, peaceful breathing against my back. Her warm, naked body spooned me and one arm hugged me from behind. The candle still flickered. I rolled my eyes toward the clock. 2:45 AM.

I reached back and placed my hand on her hip. Every time I touched her, I marveled at how soft her skin was. She stirred slightly, made a little sound and tried to cuddle closer. Her pubic hair tickled my bottom. With a heavy sigh and a big grin, I gently rotated to face her. She tried to hug me tighter and made a sound of protest. I kissed her forehead, and she kissed my neck.

"I have to leave, don't I?" She asked softly.

"Yes, love, but not alone. I'll walk you back."

"Wouldn't that be breaking some rule?"

"I'll just follow behind you. I wouldn't be able to sleep not knowing whether you were back safe and sound." She tried to snuggle closer.

"That's so sweet."

She crawled higher up on the bed and kissed my mouth. The feel of her breasts moving against my chest brought an instant reaction from me. One of her thighs nestled against my awakening cock, and she moved her leg up and down massaging it into a full erection.

"Hum, what do we have here?" Leah whispered, reached down and took it into her hand.

"I love touching you. The head is so soft and velvety." She rubbed the glans with her thumb as she wrapped her fingers around the shaft. I kissed her deeply; my tongue explored the inside of her mouth.

In one swift motion, I rolled her on her back and came up between her legs. We continued our kiss, and she hooked her feet around me. I so desperately wanted to be inside her; instead, I slithered down, kissed her breasts, her naval, her stomach and brushed my face through her soft pubic hair. I gave her wonderful vagina a kiss and rolled off the bed.

"Wait," she scowled. "That's it? You're going to send me home without making me scream one more time?" I stood next to the bed with my hands on my hips and my cock sticking up at full attention.

She crawled to the edge of the bed, swung her legs over the side and grabbed me by the hips before I could react. Leah pulled me toward her and engulfed my cock with her mouth.

"Ahh," I groaned. Her warm, soft mouth moved up and down on the shaft. She looked up and giggled. It didn't take her long. One hand cupped my balls and the other assisted her mouth with quick, short strokes. I laced my fingers into her red curls and shuddered as I filled her mouth with my climax. She made encouraging little sounds as if she were eating a delicious meal.

Now feeling fully committed to reciprocating, I pulled away from her with a load pop as my cock pulled out of her wet mouth. A small trail of semen hung down from the tip of my penis and her tongue darted out and wiped it away. I dropped to my knees, pushed her back on the bed, spread her legs and buried my face into her aromatic, moist center. She laughed the whole time, but when my tongue parted her labia and slid inside her, Leah moaned loudly and called my name.

"Marty, you make me feel so good," she said breathlessly, lifted her legs and squeezed my head with her thighs. Her hips began to rock slightly. Her heels dug into my back. As I went straight to work on her clitty, sucking and licking, Leah began to thrash from side to side. Her fingers pulled my hair.

"That's it! Oh, yes, baby. Right there!"

I pushed one finger into her tight, warm and wet vagina and started sliding it in and out, rubbing my finger tip over her most sensitive spot inside.

"Aaaahhhh! Oh, god. I'm gonna to cum, sweetie." Her body convulsed and quaked as her orgasm rolled through her.

"Yes, yes, yes!" I moved my finger faster over her G spot, and as I sucked on her clit, I vibrated my head back and forth in rapid motion. Her hips bucked my face, her vagina wept its lovely, sweet nectar and finally she collapsed against the bed and let her legs fell to the side.

I pulled away and kissed her belly with a loud smack.

I fell back on the bed and lay beside her, curling my fingers into her hand.

"Wow," I said.

"Wow," she repeated. Leah turned her head and faced me. "Have I told you I'm crazy, stupid in love with you?"

"Not in those exact words." I turned my head to look into her beautiful face. She smiled so sweetly.

"Have I told you I adore the ground you walk on?" I asked.

"I don't think so. Nope; you never said that before."

"I do, Leah."

"And I'm crazy, stupid in love with you, Marty."

Our kiss was long and tender.

After a few minutes in the bathroom, we both dressed, kissed an extra long time at the front door and then she went out ahead of me. I followed after she turned onto the sidewalk. During our walk back, Leah glanced back at me several times. I only smiled.

When she skirted alongside her dorm building, she turned toward the entrance. I stopped in the shadows and watched her card the door and enter. For the briefest of moments, she stopped, looked back and searched until she found me. Then she lowered her head, entered the dorm and let the door close behind her. I felt like a flock of birds took flight in my heart.

When I returned back home, I opened my lap top and a new e-mail from Leah waited.

I'll get a new e-mail addy tomorrow. Until then my love, sweet dreams. I can still taste you and smell you. I am soooo happy. I clicked Reply.

My too, angel. When finals are over, let's go up to my cabin for a week. Have a wonderful day.

She replied. Can't wait. Good night. J

The remaining days before finals were too busy for Leah and I to spend any time together, but every day my new e-mail address in-box would have a poem from her.

My favorite:
I dreamed I was floating
On a pillow of sighs;
Asleep in dreamless sleep,
Wide awake with closed eyes;
I felt Life stirring
In a womb that isn't there,
And ached to set it free
I know not where.

But this one almost made me break a rule and go see her:
I can't say your real name,
For fear of breaking rules;
So I've coined you a nickname
To hide us from fools;
In my arms you're, "Oh my god!"
In my diary you're, "The One."
In my heart you're a wordless feeling;
In my e-mails you'll be, "Don".
He,he,he.

When I entered my Friday Lit class, Leah was already sitting way back in the last row. She stood out like a polished diamond lying exposed on a barren landscape. I wanted her so bad. How I got through the lecture, I have no idea. At the end, she came forward smiling. This was going to be a test.

"Excuse me Dr. Warren," she said.

"Yes, Miss Parsons. How may I help you?" Gulp.

"I'm having a little trouble with completing the written assignment. Do you have a moment to look at it?" She held out a sheet of paper, folded once over.

"Ah, sure, let me see." I took the paper from her and our fingers briefly touched. My hand shook slightly.

It read;

I ache for you. It's driving me crazy. I need you sooooo badly. I want you inside me! Let me come over in stealth mode. Please!!!

"Ah...yes," I said with a stammer and looked around the class room. We were alone. "Anytime after dark," I said quietly. "I...want...and need that too."

"Thank you," she said calmly and snatched the paper from my hand. She tore it in several pieces as she walked away and stuffed it in one of the pages of a book. She didn't look back. My heart raced.

I was entranced the rest of the day. All I could think about was Leah. When darkness arrived, I paced around the house, more than anxious. I truly ached for her.

The passing minutes turned into hours, and I became alarmed. I checked my e-mail several times, but there was nothing. When I had enough, I put on my coat and went out on the street. I followed a path I though Leah would take.

When I turned the corner onto Seventh Street, the scene before me turned my stomach into a twisted mess. The street was cordoned off, and two police cars blocked all lanes of traffic. Their red and blue lights flashed and reflected in the window glass up and down the street. I quickened my pace, and after a few steps, it turned into a run.

"What's happened?" I breathlessly asked the first officer I came to.

"Hit and run," he said without looking up from a note book he scribbled on. I looked around. There was no ambulance.

"Was someone hurt?"

"A young girl. A coed. Busted up pretty bad. She's over at Mercy General. May not make it."

"Dear God!" I turned and ran back to my house as fast as I could.

I frantically looked up Mercy's number and called, but they refused to give me any information. A young woman had been admitted, but they were still seeking next of kin. I grabbed my car keys, and headed for Mercy General, about a mile away. When I got to the emergency entrance, I parked and bolted in. I waited as patiently as I could until the woman at reception gave me her attention.

"Hi, I'm a professor over at the university, and a young female student failed to show up for a tutoring session. I heard there was a hit and run, and I was hoping you could tell me if it was her. Her name is Leah Parsons."

The receptionist looked at her computer screen, hit a few keys and said, "Yep, we got her."

"Can you tell me how she is?"

"Sorry, I can't do that. We're still looking for next of kin."

"Her father's name is Anthony Parsons, and he lives in Porter, Indiana. I'll try and reach him."

I turned away and went outside, flipped open my cell phone and stared at it. After thinking through how to do it, I made a quick internet search for Porter, Indiana's area code, and dialed information."

When the operator came on, I asked for his phone number. After she gave it to me, she asked if I wanted her to connect me. I agreed. It rang several times before he answered.

"Is this Anthony Parsons?"

"Yes."

"Leah Parson's father?"

"That's right," he said. "What's this about?"

"Mr. Parsons, my name is Martin Warren; I'm a professor at Leah's university. She is one of my students. I have some disturbing news. Leah has been a terrible accident. It was a hit and run, and she's currently at Mercy General Hospital."

"Jesus!" He muttered. "How bad is it?"

"They won't tell me, because they're still searching for you. I gave them your name and location, but I thought I'd try first. I think it's serious."

"I can't get there until tomorrow," he said.

"If you could call them and give them permission to share any info with me, I'll be here for you and Leah until you arrive."

"Thank you very much. I'll call right now."

"Let me give you my number." I gave Anthony my number, closed my phone and went back inside. I told the receptionist I had reached Leah's father, and he would be calling soon. I waited

After a few minutes, the phone on the receptionist's desk rang. She took down some information and hung up the phone. She looked at me.

"Are you Martin Warren?"

"Yes, mam."

"There still working on her. As soon as someone has a free moment, they'll come talk to you." She got up and went through the doors that read, Emergency Staff Only.

I took a seat and waited. Two hours went by and finally I heard my name called.

"I'm Martin Warren," I said and stood up. A tired, middle aged nurse approached me.

"Hi," she said. "She's a lucky little lady. She has numerous broken bones, what we hope is only a minor head injury, and she's in a drug induced coma now. We'll keep her there until we're sure about the extent of her head injuries. Her vitals aren't too bad, but she's lost some blood. She looks strong and healthy, so the prognosis is pretty good. We'll just have to wait and see."

"Can I see her?"

"Not tonight. We'll move her up into ICU. You can check in their tomorrow morning. That will be their call."

"Thank you."

I let out a heavy sigh. My shoulders sagged, and I suddenly felt very old. I went outside and called Leah's father back and shared what information I had.

It was a slow and lonely ride home. I would have preferred staying over night at the hospital, but I thought it would better serve us all if I tried to get some sleep.

I collapsed on my bed fully clothed, and sleep sucked my into its abyss. At best, it was fitful until I found Leah in a dream. She stood in the middle of a small, wildflower filled meadow. She held her arms out to me. The smile on her face was angelic. She was bathed in light. I tried to reach her, but every step I took didn't bring me any closer.

"It'll be okay," she said. Her voice had a metallic quality. "Wait for me. I'm coming back to you."

**********

Anthony Parsons had money. He set up a trust in her name that paid for Leah's twenty-four-seven care. He came once a month the first year she lay comatose, but he hadn't seen her for the last three. Eight months ago, he had a massive heart attack and died.

Leah had no other family except me. I came every day.

I brushed Leah's hair; no small feat being thick and curly. I exercised her arms, hands and fingers; as well as her legs down to her toes. I wrote reams of poetry and read it to her every day. I constantly told her how much I loved her and needed her return. Most of my current poetry was about Leah.

You are not alone,
Where you wander and roam;
You are not lost;
I know.
I see you in my dreams;
I hear your voice on the wind;
In my heart
Your love lingers still.
I try to imagine

What it's like where you are;
Is it deep sleep,
A nightmare
Or a dream filled with light?
Can you see me?
I'm speaking;
Let me say it once more.
Come home,
I need you;
Step through my door.

"Good morning, Dr. Warren," Nurse Kelly greeted me as she came on duty at the start of day 1,487. "How's our girl today?"

"About the same, Kelly," I replied. "I exercised her legs and arms. I thought she moved her head from side to side, but I'm always seeing something. Just my wishful thinking I guess."

"Don't stop wishing, dear. I've seen coma patients open their eyes after more years than this. She's been breathing on her own for years. That's always a good sign."

"I know, and I don't give up hope. It's just that..."

Kelly looked at me with compassion and sadness.

"You really do love her, don't you?"

"She's very special." The conversation immediately brought tears to me eyes. The nurse put her hand on my shoulder.

"Love is an important part of Leah's recovery. Don't you dare give up on her." She patted my shoulder.

"Never," I said and wiped my eyes. "That will never happen."

"As long as she has someone beside her that loves her, she has a chance." Nurse Kelly left me alone, but stopped before she went through the door.

"Let me know if there's anything you need." I nodded and looked at Leah.

The bed and Leah had all sorts of elaborate devices to assist in her care. She had a catheter to collect her urine, and a feeding tube to supply her digestive system with substance and a bag to collect whatever drained from her bowels. A saline drip kept her hydrated.

She had gained weight where I know she wouldn't be happy about, around her belly and hips, but the daily exercise I put her arms and legs through helped to keep her somewhat fit even thought they had become very thin.

Tomorrow would be her twenty-eighth birthday.

I had retired the year before and spent most of my time from 7AM to 10PM beside Leah's bed. Some nights I fell asleep in the recliner chair across the room. The care facility had allowed me to put it here, and most of the time I was reluctant to go home.

Tonight I decided to stay so that I could greet her first thing on her birthday morning. I changed into my sweats and pulled some light socks over my feet. Nurse Kelly came in, looked over Leah and turned toward me.

"Would you like to sleep next to her?" She asked with the sweetest smile. "I think we could make room."

"Really," I said and rocked my chair in the upright position.

"Come on, give me a hand," she said. "We'll just scoot her over and move all the tubes a bit."

I helped Kelly move Leah to one side of the bed. We raised the side rail next to her and the nurse arranged a second pillow for my head. When she raised the sheet for me to slide under, I could see Leah's hospital gown had pushed up exposing her bare leg and hip. I slid in and immediately relaxed in a way I hadn't felt in years. The mere presence of Leah next to me brought an audible sigh to my soul.

"Sleep well," Kelly said and turned out the light as she left the room.

I lay in the dark feeling the warmth from Leah's body. Her breathing was soft and easy, and I found myself breathing in sync with her. I pulled my sweat pants down so that I could feel the skin of her leg and hip against me. She was so soft and smooth. I took her hand in mine, raised it above the sheet and kissed her fingers.

"Please come back to me, love," I whispered. Just as I said that, Leah's chest swelled and she took a deep breath. I lay very still, but her breathing returned to her usual slow, steady rhythm, and I fell into a deep sleep.

"Excuse me, Dr. Warren," Leah said as I stood at my lectern at the end of class. "There's something in my eye, can you help me."

I looked closely and saw the reflection of a sky full of clouds drifting from one side of her eye to the other.

"Not that eye; this one." She pointed to the other eye.

I stared at her other eye, and saw my own reflection.

"See," she said. "You're stuck in my eye."

Her laughter echoed inside me as I awoke next her.

When I opened my eyes, Leah was awake, still holding my hand and looking at me.

"Leah?" I raised my head. She faintly smiled.

"Leah?" I went up on one elbow.

"That's my name, don't where it out," she croaked and coughed.

"Leah!" She smiled.

"Yes, Marty. Me Leah. You Martin."

"Oh my God! Leah!" I started to cry. She tried to reach her other hand over to touch my face, but it was tethered to her IV. She frowned and looked back at it.

"What's happening?" She laid her head on the pillow and looked at the ceiling.

"Marty. What's happened?" She rolled her head in my direction and looked at me. My hair was totally white now. She let go of my hand and touched my face.

"Leah, my precious Leah, you are back." I continued to cry. My tears flooded down my face and onto the pillow. She ran her soft, delicate fingers through the wetness on my cheeks.

"What has happened, Marty?" She stared into my eyes.

"Leah...," I stammered. "Sweetheart, you've...you've been in a coma for almost...five years." I let that sink in. She turned away and stared at the ceiling.

"There was a terrible accident. You were on your way to my house, let's see, it was 1,488 days ago, and you were hit by a car." Leah laughed. I frowned. That wasn't supposed to be funny.

"That's just like you, Marty," she said, her voice still croaking like a frog. "Counting every day. Have I told you I love you lately?" I started to laugh.

"It's been a while."

"Kiss me," she said.

I leaned over her and brushed my lips against hers. Her hand went back under the sheet and she felt my bare hips and legs.

"Martin Warren, lying naked with a poor girl in a coma. Naughty boy. Remind me to spank you later." I laughed and kissed her again.

"Happy birthday, love," I whispered.

"It's my birthday?"

"Yes dear. You are twenty-eight years old." Leah turned and looked at the ceiling again.

"Let me get the nurse, angel." I pulled my sweat pants up making a face at her, and she smiled.

Quantuman
Quantuman
90 Followers
12