The Precocious Pool Girl Ch. 02

Story Info
A chance meeting again brings two young people together.
2.1k words
4.51
7.4k
5

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/30/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ibis1074k
Ibis1074k
4 Followers

(Recap: Part 1 begins in the summer of 1969. A young man working for a wheat harvesting crew meets the girl of his dreams. In Part 2, there seems to be a mutual attraction between the two young people—but is it destined to be only a passing flirtation?)

*

Kenny, Dave, and Jay lounged in their chairs next to the pool's snack bar drinking cokes, smoking, and shooting the breeze. However, Jay was only half-listening to his friends' banter. Terri, the girl he'd just met, was still very much on his mind.

It wasn't typical of him to be so forward as to sit down with a girl uninvited. He'd been surprised at his own boldness, but the lovely young girl had that effect on him.

His eyes kept returning to watch as she and her friends swam or sat on the pool's edge chatting. Jay tried not to be obvious about it, but sometimes she caught him looking at her, and would give him a sweetly enticing smile.

Terri seemed much more poised and mature than the girls he'd known back when he was in junior high. He decided she'd told him the truth about her age, but it was still hard to believe she wasn't really 18.

He and his pals eventually got in the water themselves. Jay challenged them to a race and beat them easily. He was a good swimmer, but didn't like going off the springboards. That was when Kenny showed off his skills. He could do a nice jack-knife and even perform a forward somersault. Jay was a little envious, as it seemed Kenny's diving ability caught the attention of all the girls around the pool.

As the afternoon passed, the three young men were occupied in swimming and horsing around. As the shadows lengthened, Jay thought they shouldn't test their boss' good humor by staying longer. He climbed from the water and motioned to Kenny and Dave. They left the pool, and picked up their towels, while he went to get their street clothes.

Jay paused, scanning all the faces around the pool and watched the kids swimming, but Terri wasn't among them. "Well...darn it," he thought. He wished he could have said 'good-bye,' or something, before she left and he never saw her again.

When the girl at the concession stand brought him their basket, she gave him a knowing smile. Jay couldn't figure out why she was acting that way. Then he saw a folded piece of paper torn from a spiral notebook laying on their shirts. Written in red ink on one side it said, "To Mr. Jay."

He quickly stuffed the note in his wallet without reading it and headed to the changing room. Inside, the three young men collected their belongings and put on their shirts. After leaving the basket at the Dutch door, the trio headed back to the pickup. Jay didn't mention the note to Kenny and Dave.

Later that night, in the travel-trailer parked at the farm where they were cutting wheat, he unfolded the notebook paper.

It simply read, "Write me sometime. Theresa Beck, Star Route, Big Creek, KS." He smiled at how she'd drawn a little heart to dot the 'i' in time. The way Terri printed the letters were very rounded, and girly, he thought.

Jay returned the note to his billfold. He wondered if she'd really write back to him if he sent her a letter. He closed his eyes and could see her lovely face framed by honey-colored hair—with any luck he might dream about her that night.

***

The next morning, the weather had turned hot and clear and the crew started work early, and didn't stop until after midnight. When he took a load of wheat to the elevator, he always kept a look-out, hoping to see the young blonde. During the day-time trips through town, although he would get in trouble if his boss found out, he would drive past the swimming pool. He couldn't stop or get very close, but he strained his eyes, hoping he could pick out Terri lounging with her friends.

Now that it was dry again, all the farms and crews were rushing to cut the fields and get the grain to storage. In town, the wheat trucks were backed-up forming long lines waiting to get to the elevators. The trucks were as close together as safety would allow and almost bumper to bumper. Vehicles of every make and model, and from pickups to semis, were in the queue.

The smell of the ripe wheat was everywhere. It wafted from the uncut fields, and from the trucks and elevators, and hung in the air. The small town bustled with activity. The cafés stayed open late, along with the gas stations, and the streets remained crowded with people even at midnight. Adding to the noise, periodically Jay could hear the metallic crash of hopper cars on the Santa Fe tracks, as they were shifted and filled with grain.

That night when he came into town, Jay drove into place joining the long line crawling towards the elevator. He'd been awake and working for 14 hours and the night was not over.

When the truck ahead went forward for another 30 feet, then he'd follow, before stopping again. The wait before moving was usually about 15 or 20 minutes. That was the amount of time it took for a wheat truck to dump it's load. Sometimes, because the worn brick streets in town were so flat, he could take the truck out of gear and just let it sit idling without worrying it would roll on it's own.

While he waited for his turn to advance, he listened to the KOMA radio station in Oklahoma City. It was coming in clear as bell and once again, they were playing "Mama Told Me Not to Come." While he sang along, he was wishing he had time to get paper, envelopes, and stamps, so he could write to Terri.

"Hello! Hello-there Mr. Jay!" he heard a girl's voice calling.

He looked around and there across the street he saw Terri waving at him. Smiling and running, with very womanly movements of her shoulders and hips, she came over to stand on the truck's running board.

"Hi!" she said, gripping the window sill.

"Hello, where did you come from!" he grinned.

"Four trucks ahead of you...I'm riding along with Paul...he's my big brother!" she answered breathlessly.

"It's great to see you again," he smiled. "Actually, I've been hoping we might run into each other sometime!"

"Yeah, I've have too," she said, a bit shyly. "My brother sent me to get some burgers for us while we're in line. I was just on my way to the café."

"Ah!" Jay said, suddenly aware of his own stomach growling. He couldn't remember the last time he'd eaten that day.

"If you'd like, I could get something for you too," she offered.

"Oh, thanks, that would be terrific!" he said, and digging in his jeans pocket, he handed her a crumpled five-dollar bill. "Could you get me a couple of burgers and a black coffee?" he asked.

"Sure...be back in a few minutes, Jay!" she said, and dashed across to the curb. He watched her long ponytail sway from side to side as she hurried down the main street. He thought she looked very cute in her cut-off jean shorts.

"Beep!" the horn sounded from the truck behind his—the line had moved ahead. Jay had been so distracted staring at Terri, he hadn't noticed. He let out the clutch too quickly and the truck lurched and then stalled. Jay cranked the starter, got the truck running, and moved forward.

Just seeing Terri again made him happier than he'd been in days. Jay forgot how tired he felt. Before the line had moved very far, she was back, stepping up on the running board. Handing him a bag with his food and the coffee in a paper cup, she said, "I'm going to take Paul's sandwiches to him—then I'll come back and ride with you for a while!"

Jay started to say something, but Terri interjected, "My supper's in the bag with yours. I wanted to make sure Paul would have to let me come back!" she grinned, "See you soon!"

He had to chuckle at how clever she was to come up with that plan. Jay thought Terri's brother might have a problem letting his baby sister ride with some strange guy.

A little while later Terri returned and climbed in the cab. As they sorted out which hamburger belonged to whom, she asked, "My brother wants to know how old you are...since you never mentioned that while we were at the pool...and your last name."

"I'm 18...it's Walker" he answered.

"Jay Walker?" she smiled. "You're kidding me!"

"Nope, dad had a sense of humor."

"I guessed you were 18...that's what I told Paul. He's the same age as you are," she said. "Do you already have a lottery number? His is 232."

"Yes...mine is 195."

"Do you worry about being drafted?" Terri asked, between bites of burger.

"No, not really. I know that my number could certainly be called. I guess it kind of seems inevitable," he answered, letting out the clutch to roll the truck further ahead.

"Paul thinks you're too old for me to date," Terri said, looking over and smiling at him.

"We're not exactly dating...this is only the second time I've even spoken with you," Jay chuckled.

"Right...I think he just said that to tease me. Although, you sitting with me at the pool stirred up some gossip among my girlfriends!"

"Now I suppose your reputation will really be shot when they see you riding around with a dirty old custom-cutter!" he joked.

"Ha!" she laughed, "I'll chance it. Anyway, I think they're just jealous!"

"Should I take that as a compliment?" Jay said, grinning back.

"Perhaps," she replied demurely.

"I have a confession to make," Jay admitted.

"Oh? Something you said to someone about me?"

"Yes...I lied a little bit to my friends that were at the pool."

"What did you say?" Terri gasped, lightly swatting his shoulder, and pretending to be shocked.

"I fibbed indirectly about how old you are," Jay said. "I told them your boyfriend had given you a promise ring...and that was why we broke off talking."

"And they believed you?" she said, surprise in her voice.

"Sure..." Jay shrugged. "They think you're the same age as us."

"So, because I'm underage, you didn't want to talk to me. But, now you do...what changed your mind?"

"Terri, I apologize. I do some very stupid things. To tell the truth, I'm especially stupid around girls."

She sat quietly as she listened to him.

"I know there's several years between our ages, but I haven't stopped thinking about you since we met. It floored me when you left the note with your address." Jay said, laying bare his feelings.

"What note?" she asked blankly.

Jay's face dropped. "Theresa Beck? He'd just assumed 'Terri' was her nickname. Maybe 'Theresa' was the girl in the concession stand and she'd left the note." He thought he'd been had.

Terri waited a beat, and then smiled wickedly, "Just kidding. I left you the note—I hope you will write to me."

Jay was stunned...then laughed in relief. His emotions had gone from high, to low, to soaring skyward once again.

However, the joy he felt began evaporating as he realized the local harvest was ending. "Terri, this will be our last night in Big Creek. Our crew will pack-up and be leaving tomorrow," Jay said.

Her head drooped, her eyes look down she asked, "Where will you go from here?"

"I'm not sure, probably somewhere up in north-west Kansas."

She looked ahead at the line of waiting trucks, saying, "Paul just turned the corner and will soon be getting on the scales to weigh the truck. I need to get back."

Jay was holding down the clutch with one foot and was braking with the other. Taking one hand off the steering wheel he gently lay his palm on her cheek, saying, "Terri, just one thing before you leave..."

Before he could finish the sentence, she threw her arms around his neck and kissed him.

He was so surprised the whole parade of wheat trucks could have passed by and he wouldn't have noticed.

"Wow!" Jay said, looking at her glowing angelic face.

"Umm...I have to go now," Terri said.

She got down from the cab and shut the door. When Terri stepped on the curb, she paused, and then turned to hop back up on the running board. "Write me...send me your address...I promise I'll write to you!"

Jay saw tears forming in her eyes as she turned away. He watched as she sprinted up the block and climbed into her brother's truck.

"Wow!" he thought again, "that's one kiss I'll never forget!"

***

To be continued...

Ibis1074k
Ibis1074k
4 Followers