The Prize Rules Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TaLtos6
TaLtos6
1,936 Followers

But Robert's deciding to force Eden to speak in Cora's presence had been the act of a wise coward for he knew that she wouldn't mention specifics with anyone else in the room. That had been the thing which had decided things for her.

She hadn't needed ten days to get to St. Vincent. She took one to sit Cora-leen down and warn her as seriously as she could. "Go back there to report just one night and keep your back to the door. Tell him that from now on, you're not going to report to a man alone late at night where there isn't anyone around to know it if he does something that she might regret more than he ever might.

If he gives you trouble over it, just unsnap the cover from your pistol. Don't draw it, you mind – not unless you absolutely must. You just want him to see that you mean what you say."

And then Eden had gone to see Loody.

She told him everything and asked about her options. After getting angry at first, her father had settled down and they'd gone for a walk to the town so that he could buy a few things.

When they got back, he sat down and thought while Eden kept them both hydrated in one way or another.

Ludwig had been a little different from most of the young men who might have emigrated in the last war. He hadn't come from farming stock and he hadn't come from the urban centers. The wealthy folks around Port of Spain tended to derive their wealth from farming large tracts of land or operating the large oil companies – or just selling the rights to those firms to set up their wells and equipment.

Loody wasn't a part of the 'plantocracy' on Trinidad; that well-heeled bunch who wanted to be aristocratic in their hearts and only manage the next best thing.

But Ludwig was. He was the youngest son of a count with four brothers between him and the title and he'd been to the same expensive schools that the present crop of wealthy layabouts on Trinidad had gone to. He could read and write more than half a dozen languages and if there was one thing that Loody excelled at, it was at crafting a well-written missive.

Eden stayed only one more day after that before she boarded a ship bound for St. Vincent and she'd only stayed that long in order to go see a friend of hers who, she'd recently learned, now worked for the Kirkwalls at their estate. The friend had agreed to Eden's request and they parted after that, promising to compare notes a little more often.

TaLtos6
TaLtos6
1,936 Followers