The Proverb Stories: Alea Iacta Est

Story Info
The die is cast.
4.8k words
3.85
39.2k
21
47

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 11/06/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
hansbwl
hansbwl
598 Followers

Literotica is an odd meeting place for maybe writers. Me, an old geezer from Scandinavia find and get the help of a young female writer and editor who make my attempts at least readable. Thank you very much Cheer_Smartie526.

*****

I love my partner Claire and yesterday I was one hundred percent sure she loved me just as much. Today I am not as sure.

What made me say this? What made me doubtful? Nothing she said or did, just a strange feeling.

Both Claire and I travel for our jobs; she is employed by a successful advertising agency as a sales person. I work as a service engineer in a packing plant, making customized packing for the food industry. She is away from home two to three days at a time, the same as me. Our travels rarely coincide, so we only see each other on the weekends. That's why we agreed to save our money so we could have a comfortable financial situation upon turning 30; then change our career to more home based jobs and then hopefully start a family. As we are both well paid, all is going according to plan and we have a year left before reaching our target.

Yesterday I told Claire I would pick her up at the airport in the evening after a trip to Denver. She had been away for three days and two nights. She deplaned alongside her boss; they often travel together. I knew that and she told me that on this trip they both would be going. That was no surprise; neither was her kiss and hug, which was as loving as it used to be.

When we came home yesterday evening, we did as we always do when one is coming home to the other, made love. Yesterday was no exception; there was no indication that anything was wrong. We made love, slow delicious love that is so very comforting and satisfying for both. We undressed each other, the loving touches, feather light hands stroking my neck while her lips brushed my cheek, seeking my hungry mouth. To feel her soft lips lock on mine is great, I can never get enough.

A few moments later, we lay down on our spacious bed, stroking and caressing each other's bodies. My hands comfortably enclose her breast and she likes me to use my thumb playing with her nipple. It gets hard, very hard; she sighs and asks me to do the other, which I do.

"Please, do me now she begs".

I hug her from behind, her favourite position, fondling her tits, they are each a handful.

She plays with herself while I ease my cock in her, gently till it is firmly imbedded to the hilt. She likes it to be slow and gentle and for several minutes we lie there enjoying each other building up to the glorious finish. We lie still for some time, resting while my cock withers and slowly slides out of her. After resting in each other's arms we go to the bathroom and take a shower together. I wash her and she cleans me, my cock especially.

Back in bed, she takes my now flaccid cock in her mouth. She says it is such an erotic feeling to have the soft cock head in her mouth and let the tongue swirl around the head, to feel it start to swell and get hard. She is a champion cocksucker, she deep-throat like a pro and this time she carries on until I with a shattering climax fill her mouth. She smiles and opens her mouth, show me what she has on her tongue and swallows.

---

Yet, sitting in my office today, I remembered there was a smirk around her boss' mouth that irritated me. This said in my imagination; "I know something you don't," or "I have fucked your partner." That's why I went from certain to almost. It's an ugly feeling.

We came home at the same time, made dinner together and had a pleasant evening relaxing and talking. I did not voice my concern; I had to think it through first. As this was a Friday, we had the whole weekend together. Saturday is my golfing day with the boys, while she usually goes shopping with the girls. We went out with friends in the evening. After a walk in the countryside on Sunday and a quiet afternoon, I decided to approach the subject delicately. I didn't want to ask her outright, she would be hurt if she had nothing to hide. If she did, she would most likely say nothing inappropriate happened at all. I won't snoop in her phone or her laptop; I won't bug the phones nor hire a PI. If it was a one-time occurrence I will forgive; but I have made a plan how to deal with the situation.

After dinner, I asked Claire, "Hey, may I speak with you about something?"

"Is something wrong?" she asked. Her face gave nothing away.

"No, not that I am aware of at any rate," I replied, "You see Claire, we are traveling a lot, we are away so often that I am a little worried. We work, eat, and sleep and have little time to go out and have some fun. Being away from you makes me feel lonely sometimes. Do you feel the same way?"

"Yes, John, I do."

"When I am away I see a lot of lonely men and women who solve their loneliness by having extramarital relationships. They say it makes the time away from home more exciting. They also say they don't love their spouses any less, but in my opinion that can't be true. You can't have intimate contact outside marriage without disrespecting your spouse; that's certainly not love."

"Do you suspect me solving the loneliness this way John?" She asked and I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"No, I don't, I trust you. To assure you, neither do I. However, I had an idea that would put my mind at ease, and also create some suspense and excitement."

"OK, let me hear what you have up your sleeve," she laughed.

"Together, we have earned a great number of air miles. We fly so often that we do not feel the need to use any of them for pleasure. Some are about to expire and I think we can put them to use in a certain fashion."

I pulled out a die from my pocket. I had found it in my study a short while ago thinking about the problem. I showed the die to her and said, "Next time one of us leaves town on business, I suggest the spouse who is left at home rolls this die after the traveling spouse has left. If it settles on a six or any other predetermined value, the spouse left at home makes a visit to the travelling spouse, by booking a ticket to the same town and surprising him or her at the hotel. I would be delighted to have an unexpected visit from you and I hope you feel the same. What do you say?"

I watched closely to see whether she looked disappointed or not. She didn't show any emotions, but did mull it over for some time before giving her response.

"An interesting idea John, but do you really think it is a good idea to fly when we don't need to, instead of being home to rest and collect the strength that we need for our jobs?" she asked.

"Point taken Claire, but remember there are six faces on a die, the chances are only one in six for the number you choose to turn up. You could throw the die for months before it would end up on the number you have chosen. Alternatively, it may turn up on the first throw. You won't know, that's the interesting part of it."

We discussed the idea for some time, Claire being a bit reluctant. I ended our discussion, saying, "If you are tired, don't throw the die. If you have some spare time and feel up for an adventure, just make the trip and surprise me. You don't actually need to throw the die; it's entirely up to you. I won't know. However, I am going to throw the die every time you are leaving on an overnight trip and let chance decide."

Our busy schedule continued for several weeks without any of us surprising the other with a visit. I did not throw the die, as I was very busy with my job. I just waited for an easy period so I could put in a surprise visit to her.

One evening I was at a hotel bar in Palm Beach with two colleagues. Personal Care Product Council had its annual meeting in our hotel. My friends Mark and Steve had picked up two women, Eve and Nancy; both with husbands and children at home. I did not like the situation at all, as Mark and Steve were married too. They pestered me to find a companion and go clubbing with them. I refused, telling them, "Go, I will retire to my room and read a bit before going to bed."

Just as I was about to leave, a very pretty lady came through the door. Something about her made me look twice. She moved like Claire, but it couldn't be, could it? I did not recognize the dress she was wearing. She had long, blond hair and Claire is a brunette. She wore glasses; Claire used contact lenses. The woman went up to the far end of the bar and found a seat, sweeping her hair over her right shoulder, so it cascaded down the front of her dress. It was that give away movement that made me sure Claire had come to visit.

As I was at the other end of the bar, I went up to the bartender and said, "You see the blond lady at the other end?" He nodded.

"I know for a fact that her favourite cocktail is a White Lady. Please make one and give it to her from John and put it on my tab."

"With pleasure, Sir," he replied.

I was nursing my beer and I looked at Claire. When she got her White Lady and the bartender pointed towards me, she turned towards me and lifted her glass in a salute.

"I have changed my mind," I informed my companions, and I rose and walked towards Claire.

"You did go overboard trying to fool me didn't you? Dying your hair, buying a new dress and using glasses, it is very clever."

"Well I am surprised that you recognized me so quickly, how could you?"

"I was sure when you moved your hair over your right shoulder, that was a dead give away," I said, laughing, "Claire, can you do me a favour, please?"

"Yes of course, what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to go back to our table with me. Pretend we have never met before. They know I am in a relationship, but they don't know your name so you can use your own name."

"Of course, but why?" she queried.

"My two friends at the table are married, but not to the ladies at the table. They have husbands and children at home and are out for some adulterous fun. Could you play it by ear and scare them a bit about the consequences?"

"Sure, this will be fun, let us join them."

We went up to our table and I made the introductions and ordered another round of drinks. We made small talk for a few minutes until Mark and Steve obviously wanted to move on and go to the club as they had planned.

Eve looked at Claire and asked, "Will you and John join us?"

"I'm not so sure, I think I'll go to bed early," Claire replied. She continued, "You and Nancy are planning to go clubbing with Mark and Steve, I understand, but what are you doing later?"

"I think we know Mark and Steve sufficiently to say that if the rest of the evening turns out as expected we will eat breakfast with them... If you catch my drift."

"Of course, but do you think your husbands will approve?"

"What our husbands don't know won't hurt them," Nancy said quickly, "We work hard and have a heavy load at home, and we need some fun and excitement at least once a year. They don't complain when we get home and shower them with affection."

Claire looked at them with a crooked smile, "What would you say if you came home and your husband asked you why you were grinding against a strange man at a nightclub, or why you went into a stranger's hotel room late at night?"

"I don't understand," Nancy replied, "he wouldn't know."

"A neighbour or friend might have seen you and told him."

"I will tell him that nothing happened, it was just some colleagues from work and a late nightcap. He will believe me."

"Where was the convention last year?" Claire asked.

"Naples." They replied in tandem.

"Let us assume that your husband's friend saw something along those lines when you were in Naples last year. Let us assume he trusts you and doesn't ask, but decides to verify. He might employ somebody to see what you were up to here in Palm Beach; do you want to take the risk with the possible consequences?"

"There is no risk, we are careful. We have never seen anybody our husbands know," Eve said, but her expression showed uncertainty, and a little panic.

"I see," said Claire, "How do you know I am not employed by one of your husbands?"

"What! You are joking!" they exclaimed. Their faces showed definite panic now, Nancy's face was pale.

"No, I'm not. You can relax, if one of your husbands had employed me, I would have followed you to the club, observed, and later reported. Indeed, I would have given you the rope to hang yourself. So, you are safe from me, but it shows you are not as smart and careful as you may think."

Eve looked at Nancy and said she needed to go to the restroom. If one woman goes to the restroom, she rarely goes alone, so Nancy followed her.

After they left, the atmosphere around the table was chilly. Mark looked at Claire and asked, "Why was this any of your business, couldn't you just let them make their own choices and not meddle?"

"Sure, I'm not saying anything when they come back, they can certainly make their own decisions, but they should remember the possible risks and consequences."

They were gone for quite some time and when they came back, it was obvious that they had cried.

Eve came to the table, handed Steve a fifty-dollar bill, and said, "We flirted with you and gave you the impression that we would spend the night with you. You have given us several drinks and we have fooled you and misled you. Please let us pay for the drinks you bought us, we are going to bed - alone. Good night, we are sorry, but Claire has opened our eyes."

They walked out of the bar without looking back. Mark turned towards Claire and said angrily, "Claire, you bitch! You destroyed our evening, does that make you happy?"

I said calmly to my two colleagues, "The same goes for you two; are you sure your wives are forgiving? Do you take the risk of losing kids and a nice home with a loving wife?"

After a few moments of silence, the men finished their beer, and then Claire took my hand, pulled me up from the chair, and said, "Come John, let's go to your room and enjoy ourselves."

"YOU HYPOCRITICAL BITCH!" Steve roared, "You chase away our girls with your moralistic speech and then you are contemplating spending the night with John? What a piece of SHIT!"

"Sorry Steve," I said smiling, "but this wonderful and beautiful bitch is all mine, we are partners for ever." We walked hand in hand to my room.

We did have an enjoyable night. Surprises can be very nice.

---

Three months later, I was sitting on a plane to Chicago. I remembered Claire's visit to Phoenix and the fun episode at the bar. After that incident, I hadn't doubted her fidelity, so I never rolled the die. I was simply too busy and the doubt had returned to certainty. It felt good. I was looking forward to tonight, this time I would surprise her without having rolled the die.

When I came in this morning, my boss told me he had booked a flight to Chicago for me, with a return ticket late evening. There was a problem at a local plant and he was sure I could fix it in a very short time.

When I told him that my partner was in Chicago for her company and about our dice scheme, he agreed to rearrange the return to the first flight next morning.

The job took a little longer than expected. I would have missed my late flight if I had kept my original booking. I took a taxi to the hotel Claire stayed at, which incidentally is the same hotel my company uses while in Chicago.

Upon entering the lobby, it was therefore no surprise that the receptionist recognized me and greeted me, "Good to see you Mr. Cotter, I didn't know you had planned to stay with us tonight."

"Neither did I. But my company sent me on a service call and knowing my lover and partner is here today I thought I would surprise her."

"So nice Mr. Cotter, she is in room, let me check - 627 it is. She went upstairs less than half an hour ago, alone I might add," he added with a smile, "I'll make a key card for you immediately."

He gave me the card and said, "I see you travel light, only your attaché case, do you need a toilette set with tooth brush and shaving kit?"

"That would be nice; I did not have time to go home and pack." With the little bag of necessities, I was on my way to her room.

I locked myself in, knocked lightly on the wardrobe door to warn her, saying, "Claire? It's me," while I walked into her room. Her clothing was on the bed, her case open on the floor, but no Claire. I knocked on the bathroom door and opened it; she was not there either. Puzzled, I walked back into the room and then saw an open door to the next room. I heard the squeak of bedsprings, the rustling of sheets, and the soft smack of flesh against flesh. A chill ran down my spine. Then I heard a scream I knew too well, the sound of Clair climaxing.

My first instinct was to rush into the room next door, but something held me back. I simply did not want to see her in bed with another man. They had stopped fucking, they started to talk, and I could hear them very clearly. I went to the half open door, took my iPhone out, and recorded their conversation.

"That was very good, Claire."

"Yes it was Peter, but please understand that you are not a better lover than John, you are a substitute for him because you are here and he is not. You make my stays away from home bearable, but do not for one minute believe I prefer you to him."

"I understand that perfectly, I love my wife and prefer to stay at home also. However, I really enjoy our moments together when we are out traveling. What our spouses don't know won't hurt."

"Let it stay that way Peter, remember what you promised me a couple months back?"

"Sure, when you turn thirty you will have a job at the head office with little or no travel."

"Yes exactly, as I have told you we have been approved as adoptive parents and we expect soon to be in line for a little girl or boy. We will then be a complete family and nobody but John will share my bed."

"I understand. I have to enjoy the last six months together and be glad to get them. I was rather disappointed when you said stop after the first time and John launched this dice scheme."

"Well, I absolutely intended to stop at that time. Then you came up with the idea of having interconnecting rooms, never going to our rooms together, and never interacting as lovers outside the rooms. I felt secure that we wouldn't be busted. But as I told you, after the family is complete, I will never stray again. I will forever be faithful to John."

At this point, I had heard enough. I carefully closed the door on my side and locked it.

I sat on the bed and cried; the shock of finding my Claire in bed with her boss was devastating. She had told him that she loved me and not him; that she enjoyed being with me more than him. However, how could I share? For a long time, I just sat there, contemplating my next move. It was sinking slowly into my mind; my time as her partner was over.

I showered, set the alarm on the phone to five, my plane was departing fifteen past seven, tomorrow morning and I had to be there shortly after six.

Just lying there alone, in a bed I had hoped to share with Claire, was disheartening. I didn't sleep a wink that night. Since only one of the doors between the rooms were closed, I could hear them going at it a second time. It made me cry a bit more.

When my alarm went off, I prepared to leave. Peter was snoring and I could hear the sounds of Claire sleeping. I wrote a small message on the hotel stationary and put it on top of her laptop so she would not miss it.

The note read as follows:

Claire,

I am very sad to discover your relationship with Peter. You are scheduled to stay in Chicago until Friday, do your job and do not come home today. Please give me the courtesy, stay away, and give me time to move out. If you do, I promise to see you at the house Saturday at noon so we can talk. Please ask Peter to be there; I need to speak to you both. Afterwards we can talk alone.

hansbwl
hansbwl
598 Followers
12