The Pull

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love you," I gasped, not realizing what I had just said. My face then looked pained as if I heard that someone had just lost their loved one.

"I love you too, baby," he kissed me then pulled out to get a washcloth to clean us up.

*

"That was amazing," I said as he finished cleaning.

"And that's just the beginning." He gave me an evil smile that I had grown to love. "But we should really get some food in you. Don't want you to faint on me."

"Oh," I grinned, "I hope I get to be on you."

That night we ate naked.

*

I breathed in the scent of Lial while we were lying in bed. He smelt sweet and musky, it was his cologne. I told him I liked it once and that's all he ever wore after. It was sweet and it told me how much he listened to me. It was nice. He was fast asleep and his eyes started to flicker, like he was dreaming of something. It was times like those that I liked to wake up and look at him because he was so different. He wasn't the smart-ass he always acted like, he wasn't the lawyer who always had to be right, and he wasn't the demon he said he was. He was human, he was...Mine.

He started to shuffle in his sleep and his eyes started to flicker even more.

Shh, it's okay baby, I thought, hoping that maybe he could hear me in his sleep. The chances of that were slim because it looked like it was an intense dream. I just hoped that it was a good intense dream. Nobody wants a nightmare.

At the time, Lial and I had known each other for about a month and there was still a lot that I didn't know. I wasn't ever at his house—he was always at mine—and he never spoke about his family. I told him all about my family, about how my mother and sister talked to me in secret because they didn't want to anger my father. I told him everything. I told him because I loved him and I wanted our relationship to be open and I got nothing in return. But no matter how insecure I felt about our honesty, our relationship, I still loved him more than anything.

I loved how kind he was to me. I loved how he always knew what I wanted. I loved how when I told him that I didn't like him reading my mind he tried to block me out. I love how he was with me. I just loved him. I couldn't stop the feelings I had and I knew I should have doubted some things, but I ignored them.

I was about to reach up, brush some hair out of his face and kiss him when he jumped out of the bed falling to the ground growling. He was growling at me! I looked at him wide eyed because what I saw was not the Lial I had grown to love. He was the demon I didn't realize was real.

His midnight hair was longer and his brown eyes were glowing yellow. His teeth appeared shaper and he had more muscles then before. I was scared for my life. I shuffled to the edge of my side of the bed pushing the sheets out of my way.

"Lial!" I shrieked, "What the hell? What happened to you?!" I started to cry and almost fell off the bed in the process. But then, slowly, his eyes started to clear. They were still yellow, but they weren't filled with the murderous intent that was there previously.

"William?" He rasped, like he was running out of air. He looked up at me and saw how scared I was.

"I...I'm so sorry...Damn it! He always knows how to ruin everything!" He growled, slamming his fists into the floor. Still scared, I crawled my way over to my lover. I wanted to brush his hair out of his face, or rub his back, or kiss him but I was afraid that I was going to get torn to pieces. I let my hand reach out, but it was quickly returned to me by fear.

"I...I won't hurt you..." he sighed, "I would never hurt you, William." I let my hand fall to his head and I gently brushed his hair with my fingers. I wanted to tell him that I loved him but I was still so scared; it was like my voice was in a box trying to get out but couldn't. Lial looked up at me and gave me a sad smile.

"Thank you for trying, love. I know you're scared and you don't have to talk now."

I love you, I thought, my minds' voice shaky. I really do, but that was... What the hell was that? My tears were finally starting to dry up. Lial smiled and took my hand into his and kissed it.

"That was my Fathers fault." He stood up and sat at the edge of the bed. His eyes were no longer yellow and his hair was back to its regular length. He seemed like he was relaxing more and in turn was relaxing me. "He sent me a message. By dream. And it wasn't exactly subtle."

"What was it?" I squeaked, Lial gave me a reassuring smile and I tried to smile back. I guess I was so happy he was going to tell me about his family that I forgot how scared I was.

"He wants me back home. I've been here for too long and shits happening back in Hell."

Bad things? I thought.

"Extremely. Think paranoid Demons and Devils and a really long war." I swallowed what I had of a breath and started to shake. The thought of him leaving was horrid. It was as if I was starting to crumble on the inside. I felt a pain in my chest and I started to gasp for air.

"Fuck William, breathe!" Lial said into my ear,

"I'm still here. Please don't worry, let me finish."

After a few minutes of Lial hugging me close to his body my breath returned to me and I sighed, resting my head in the crook between his neck and shoulder. "What's happening?" I mumbled, closing my eyes.

"Depends, what are you referring to?" He gave a soft chuckle. There was defiantly something he wasn't telling me and I wasn't about to wait any longer.

"To you... to me... to us?" I whispered, afraid of the answer. I gripped his back tighter and tried to bring myself closer to his body. It wasn't possible but I had tried anyways.

"I have to go back to Hell and help my Father out and I want you to come with me. I need you to come with me... Please come with me," he begged, gripping my hair in his fist. His back was tense and I could feel his fears rising from his body.

"Why?"

"Because our bodies need to be with each other. It's our bond, William. It happens all the time, to anyone. I just didn't think it would be this...tough," he said. "Basically it means that if you and I are not together we can feel a certain pain. You've noticed haven't you?" And truth was I had. When he went to work and I went to school I felt lonely and sad that he wasn't with me. But I had just written that off as puppy love. I suddenly felt violated.

"What else are you hiding from me?" I barely said, trying to hold a grip on myself.

"Lots of things."

Such as? I growled in my mind.

"Let me ask you something. Have you ever felt desire like this for anyone else? Ever wanted to be with someone like this? Like you are with me?"

I thought about it and I never really had. I thought I had maybe once or twice but that feeling faded just as they do in some relationships. I just thought that I hadn't found my soul mate...

No, I thought.

"Neither have I. When I was a child I kept having these dreams of a boy named William. And every morning after those dreams I was sad because he left and I was always left with an ache. As a kid things like that don't make sense. So I asked my Father and he told me that it was predetermined by Lady Fortune that we were to be lovers. We hold a bond, William. Anyone can possess a bond with just about anything, but ours is stronger because of the will of Lady Fortune." The most surprising thing about this tid-bit of information was that was the most Lial had ever said about his world AND his past.

"What happens if we're away, Lial?" My body was cold.

"We'd probably fall apart. Starting from the inside out, it would start with our emotions, and then our minds, then we'd start dying. It's not a wonderful process." Lial got off the bed and crouched on his knee. "Please come with me. I want you to meet my father."

"That's... inevitable then. I would like to meet your mother as well."

"She's dead." He suddenly stood up and walked to the window and I looked at his strong stiff back. I wanted to soothe the hurt I have him but he seemed so cold and distant.

"How?" There was no point in trying to hide my curiosity. Besides I didn't want to say something that would anger his father. Dying in Hell was not my opinion of fun.

"That's... a delicate situation. It's probably best if you say nothing about it. Please." I nodded and tried to get up. My legs were numb and it was hard to walk but I made it over to him and I kissed his back.

"How long will we be gone?"

"I don't know. Hopefully not that long but you never know with Hell." He gave me a strangled laugh, a laugh of nervousness.

"So basically I have to quite School? I have to tell everyone that I love that I'm disappearing? Lial, why didn't you tell me this before?" I let go of him and took a few steps away.

"Please, you don't understand. You wouldn't have wanted to see--"

"You're damn right I wouldn't have wanted to start seeing you. Lial, I love you and I told you everything about myself! Why couldn't you do that with me?" I was hurting inside; it was like pins and needles stabbing me over and over again.

"William, please, just give me a minute to explain!"

"Not right now," I said, my face felt like stone; Cold and unmoving. "Please...just go."

I closed my eyes but I heard everything crystal clear. Every step echoed in my head, every shuffle of clothing embedded into my brain. Once the front door shut I felt my heart tear into a million pieces. I fell to my floor and just sat. I didn't move, I didn't cry, I did nothing. The events of the night replaying in my head like a movie.

I felt cold and suddenly crawled into bed. I didn't care which side, mentally at least, but physically my body wanted to be near Lial so much I ended up sleeping on his side; taking in big breathes of his scent.

I cried myself to sleep that night.

*

I don't remember how long I laid in bed. The days just burred together and I didn't really care anymore. The phone rang often but I didn't answer, I didn't care. I didn't want to care. I was tired. Lial lied to me...He's actually a demon...But I love him...But he lied...Will I die by his hands? I was tearing myself apart and it was killing me. I was so confused and scared.

"Wake up you filthy bastard!" My eyes flashed open and I jumped almost bumping my head with Kevin's.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I yelled, getting out of bed and pulling some clothes on.

"Oh no, you don't!" Kevin said pulling me close to him as he stripped me of my clothing. "You are taking a shower. Damn and you need to eat! What did you have for dinner last night?"

"Water and an apple..."

"You need a big meal, I think." Kevin pushed me into the bathroom and started the water for my shower. "You get in there and you scrub yourself good, or I will do it for you."

After a 30 minute shower I walked out of my room with fresh clothes on. I walked into my small kitchen and saw Kevin and Daemon cooking. And whatever it was smelt amazing and my stomach let out a loud growl.

"What is going on here?" I asked as I leaned in the door frame.

"I feel like he just stole my line," Daemon said to Kev, putting a bowl down. He walked over to me and frowned with both hands on either side of my face cause me to look him in the eye. "I know you're hurt but this is no way to live," he whispered to me. "Lial told me all about it."

My face scrunched up and I pulled myself out of his grip.

"Yeah, well, he probably lied to you. That's what he seems to do best," I said crossing my arms. I didn't want to deal with Daemon if this was what I was going to get. I didn't want anyone to defend Lial.

"Probably, that was what he was taught to do when he is uncomfortable." Daemon went back to his spot in the kitchen and back into stirring batter.

"Oh, he's one of those," Kevin sighed, "Generally that happens to children who have a parent or older sibling that they look up too who lie when they don't feel comfortable. It happens often. But then again, you have to remember that most humans do that in general." I noticed the use of the word humans and looked at Daemon. It was possible that Daemon hadn't told him but I just wanted to make sure. The dominate male understood and nodded... so Kev did know.

"What do you suppose I do then?"

"Well, for starters I'd clean your apartment because it stinks to the high Hells and I can't imagine anyone living in this place. Then, I want you to talk to me about this issue you're having. We'll see what to do after that later. For now let's start with this shall we?" Kevin gave me a plate of roasted potatoes and eggs with bacon and a chocolate chip muffin and a glass of OJ.

"This is way too much for me." I complained, taking the food.

"Too bad, you're eating it. All."

*

I had cleaned my apartment, almost crying twice just thinking about Lial, and was then sitting on my couch waiting for my friends to come back. They had went out to get things for dinner and told me to stay put. So I cleaned. And thought. I was serious when I said that I would go with Lial into Hell to meet his family and I still wanted to go. But I also wanted him to realize the pain he put me through by not telling me the truth.

"We're here," Kevin announced, "and lookie lookie what we have here!" Kevin was happier after he met Daemon. He was less angry and more normal, and his evil sadistic side was disappearing. It was like the Angel was stealing all the evil and using it himself, because Daemon looked more dominate than ever. I turned my head and looked at the couple as they walked in. I was genuinely shocked when I noticed the bag from the sex shop.

"...the fuck?" I asked, standing up. I didn't know what else to do. I looked at Daemon and he gave me a smile. A shiver ran down my spine but then at the same time my heart felt like it was being torn. I didn't really understand what was going on.

"Wanna have some fun, Will?" Kevin smiled; it wasn't lustful, but more hopeful. I wasn't sure what he wanted at that moment and I really even wasn't sure what I wanted. It's not like I hated the idea of fucking Daemon. He intrigued me and I had always found Kevin attractive, but I was so in love with Lial. I didn't want to betray him.

"Tempting..." I joked, trying to hide my uncertainty, "thank you for the offer Kevin, Daemon, but I just want to be with Lial."

"Tell us what happened, then." Kevin said, "And don't skip out on details because I know everything. Daemon told me all about the Angels and Demons thing, personally it's interesting but not that surprising. The supernatural beings and aliens were bound to happen; we can't be the only ones out there in the universe."

"Aliens?" I said looking over at Daemon.

"He does have a point." The Angel said, nodding.

"On with it! Daemon stop distracting him or I will send you away!"

"Okay," Daemon leaned over to Kevin and kissed his cheek then left my home. Kevin winked at me and blushed. That was a rarity and I felt privileged to have witnessed it.

"He's being really cool about all this. I think he's going to Lial's apartment to calm him down. He said he went last night and things were worse off than here. He hadn't eaten at all, three days at least." Kevin said casually.

"Is he okay?" I asked. I really didn't want him to be hurt and just hearing that made me want to cry.

"Yeah, he's fine. It's going to take more than a few days without food to kill a demon, I assume." Kevin brushed his hand in the air as if to send the thought away. "But right now we're going to talk about you. Talk."

So I told him. Everything, about my insecurities, about my fear of having my life planned out for me, about how I'm afraid I might die by Lial's hands. Kevin was really kind about the whole thing, nodding when necessary and patting my back when I got choked up but at the end of my little speech he stood up and punched me in the arm with all he had.

"What the fuck!?" I yelled rubbing my arm. Kevin just stood there looking like I was a huge disappointment in his life.

"Dude, you need to think about what the man said. He said that this Lady Fortune chick just wanted you two to be together. She didn't plan your whole life, so chill. Secondly, Lial would rather die than let you be harmed. So there's no worry about you being killed by his hand. Thirdly, Lial lied because he was afraid he would lose you. He loves you, Will. He's trying to kill himself over at his place because he's afraid you don't love him."

"He'll get over me and find someone—"

"No, don't even start this shit with me!" Kevin said as he punched me again, "You and I both know that won't happen. You can't even have shameless sex with two guys without wanting Lial to be there. This bond thing, it's real and it will tear you apart Will."

"How do you know?" I sniffed; I was starting to feel like a fool. Kevin got up and walked out the door. When he came back a few minutes later he was with Daemon. I wasn't sure how he made it back so fast.

"You talk to little Miss. Unsure here while I take your place at Lial's place." Then he was gone and I was left with the true sadist. We sat in awkward silence for about five minutes before either of us said anything.

"He misses you."

"I miss him."

"This is all because of his father, you know. He was right when he said that. All these little problems that he has are because of him and Belial hates it." I looked at him as soon as he said Lial's full name. It felt so foreign in my home.

"How so?" I asked, resting my hands under my chin. I felt so lost I didn't know what to do anymore and I was scared shitless at what was happening.

"His father forced his mother to marry him. His Father was so in love with his mother he forced her to marry him when she was in love with another being. An Angel. Now, his father didn't mean to do it as an act of hate. He did it to protect her, but she had bonded with this Angel and it tore her apart when she couldn't stay with him. So, she ended up dying. It was like an Angle and a Demon weren't meant to be together." He took a breath and looked out one of my dingy windows. "But the funny thing is his Father fell so in love with his mother that he had bonded with her. He's not dead yet, but he's damn near it. He's lost most of his mind and is very unstable right now. That's why Lial wants you to meet him, before it's too late."

"Holy crap," I whispered, "That's a... fucked up childhood."

"I don't know the whole story, just what my dad told me, so there's probably more to it than just that. But at least you know that's where he gets all this from. That's why he reacted that way when he woke up. That's why he lied; he wanted to make sure you wanted to be with him. He needed the reassurance, William."

I looked at Daemon and started to cry.

"I need him," I mumbled as I rubbed my eyes.

"I can get him," Daemon smiled. In almost a flash the man was out the door, gone and on his way to my lover.

*

I just couldn't stop the tears. I waited for what felt like years instead of just minutes but the tears just kept flowing. I couldn't stop them and I was beginning to go crazy. Lial, I kept calling for him over and over in my head. But no matter what he didn't respond. I was starting to think he didn't want me anymore and my chest felt like it was being torn in two, and that only caused the tears to flow even faster. Why was this happening to me? I had thought. I didn't want Lial to leave me...

Belial! I yelled with my minds voice, I'm so sorry...

If he was listening—and this was the end for us—I at least wanted him to know. I fell to my floor, sitting on my knees trying to wipe all my tears away when I felt a hand on my back. The hand gently rubbed and soothed all my pain and sadness away. After a few moments I wasn't crying anymore. I opened my eyes and looked at the strong kind hand. It was tan with long lean fingers. I knew those hands very well.