The Quest Ch. 01

Story Info
A desperate quest to save the Mollo.
1.2k words
2.54
260.9k
0
2

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/25/2022
Created 05/29/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Joseki Ko
Joseki Ko
178 Followers

The Quest

Hail and well met good citizens,

I Joseki Ko have been to the grave of Mollo the small and it is I that our good Pope claims to be unnatural.

But wait there is more to the story than there seems. I did in fact dig up his grave. But not I assure you for any solicitous reasons. I dug him up because I could not believe in my heart of hearts that Mollo the small, bringer of the winds could truly have passed from us.

Upon his exhumation I find that I was partially correct, he was not truly dead. Just mostly dead. If he was truly dead there's not much you can do except go through his pockets and look for loose change. But since he was only mostly dead I have taken the body and gone in quest of a healer to revive him. I shall not fail in this quest.

I'd like to thank those of you who have offered help. But I have the Mollo and I have set sail to Wolf's Head Bay. I'm sure that I can find some help there. I have tried a remedy that was recommended to me. I got some bellows and tried pumping him full of air. Didn't seem to help he just kept passing gas. (Whew not really sure what he was eating before he died but ohhh it's bad) Never dear good people I will succeed in my quest.

It is with both a heavy heart and light head that I must tell you of our travels. Lacking my own navigator (due to a bad peach) I borrowed one from my brother Calico. I'm sorry to say Calico hires Navigators that navigate like he does. So our journey has taken a few unexpected turns. We sailed in search of Wolves Head Bay, to ask questions of The not so good Captain Osito. Instead I find we have sailed into the Bay of Cancoon. Ah well all was not lost. We seem to have sailed into port just in time for a major religious ceremony. It seems they celebrate the Break of Spring here. I'm not sure why they want to break springs but far be it to put down another mans religion.

On the brighter side I found a gentlemen name Big Bad Voodoodaddy. He has undertaken to try and cure our good Mollo of his mostly dead condition. He was somewhat successful in that Mollo seems to have responded. I don't think he is all that good as a healer because all Mollo will do is dance, but only if someone is playing drums. However Mollo has achieved instant notoriety here. He is the best dancer here and that apparently means something. I'm given to understand that dancing was originally a religious practice meant as an appeasement to the gods. So Mollo is a great appeaser. Also Since he dances so well his bed never lacks for company. Mollo the magnificent. (or so the ladies in Cancoon have named him) Every couple of hours he brings home a new doxy. And they all leave satisfied. I think the rest of the crew is growing jealous of him. Ah but what can one say Mollo has always been larger than life in our Kingdom.

I had originally intended to set sail again before now. But it seems I have developed a hole in my ship. The shipwright tells me this is what happens when you hit it repeatedly with a large hammer. I checked my crew but did not find Adus the Mercenary among them.

Mollo continues to be a hit, although he has been brought back by a veritable menagerie of people, mostly ladies a few men and once...well once by a goat. I really wish he could talk so I could hear the tails.

I have received several messages stating that I am a heretic. I am very surprised by this. As I am not resurrecting the great Mollo because he was not Truly dead, he was just Mostly dead. So I am merely having him healed. So I do not believe I am doing anything sacrilegious, merely saving his life. But we are all misunderstood from time to time.

I have not wasted the extra time I've had to spend in Cancoon. I've been talking to Big Bad Voodoodaddy and have found out that he knows of a place that might be able to truly heal our good Mollo.

It lies three weeks journey due south. I have been able to retain his navigator so we won't get lost on this little trip. It is called temple Isle and the entire Island has been made into a temple. It is believed that the priestesses there can raise him. Big bad, has been very vague on what god they worship and how they will raise Mollo. But it sounds like our best chance so we will go.

The shipwright informed me this morning that the Cherry Blossom (My ship) is sea worthy again. We have been taking on supplies for the last few days and are ready to set sail with the tide. And not a moment to soon. The religious ceremony is ending and we need to skeedaddle before the local authorities start asking questions about us.

We set out this afternoon and the winds favored us as we slipped out of the harbor and into obscurity. Our new navigator has set us a course and we will follow it, hopefully he's better than our last navigator.

Mollo has continued to dance to the beat of the drum and has become very popular with the crew. They seem to have forgiven their earlier jealousy, and are setting out to enjoy out time together.

It has been three weeks on the sea now and land was sighted this morning. The crew's spirits have been high the entire voyage and seem even higher now that our goal is in sight. They are cavorting around like children and are playing a lively beat on the drum. Mollo has never danced more freely in his death.

As we neared the coast it became apparent that this whole island has been carved in the shape of a temple. The stones form Roman columns rising from the water to a majestic height where they seem to be topped by a dome. I have never seen anything as monumental in my life. There seems to be a sort of harbor at the base. I've ordered depth reading to be taken and we still have plenty of clearance. My only worry right now is that we end up on a reef somewhere.

We were able to dock in what appears to be harbor, albeit a small one. I was very surprised to find that we have a reception committee waiting for us. As I scanned the committee with my telescope, only to find that they were all young women. I wasn't sure what god or goddess owned this Island but they apparently have good taste. The women seem to range in age from 18 to 21. Only the leader seems older and she may only be in her thirties.

I gave firm instructions to my first mate that none of the crew was to leave the ship unless I specifically sent for them. Leaving the ship without my direct order was punishable by death. We loaded up a longboat and began rowing for the island.

To be continued...

Joseki Ko
Joseki Ko
178 Followers