The Real World Ch. 01

Story Info
Young woman gets used to living on her own.
1.8k words
4.22
8.3k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They say hard work pays off. That doesn't seem to be the case when it comes to love and sex. Sure, it's true in other cases. There are few 25-year-old females in a spot like mine. I worked hard through college to get my degree and secure a good job. I live in a nice sized condo complex by myself, and thanks to my parents and part time jobs during college have left me with no debt.

But like I said, hard work doesn't seem to be the case in terms of love and sex. I haven't been in a relationship since sophomore year, and haven't had sex since junior. Working hard at my job and working hard to get good grades have made it difficult to find the time for a relationship, and I'm not the type to go for a one night stand or a fuck buddy. I've always considered that a thing for sluts, and I don't like to consider myself one. I have been told I'm cute. The term "hot" does come up sometimes, but people prefer to call me cute. I'm 25, although I've been told I look 21-25 usually. I naturally straight hair blonde hair, however I like to curl them as they are now. Bright blue eyes, average height, 120lbs and work out a fair bit so the weight is in all the spots men like. My ass isn't huge, but it's a good size, and it's nice and round and firm, and men sure loved touching them during my relationships. My cheeks have a tiny bit of rosiness to them that's very subtle. I wear a 32C bra. Not massive, not tiny, but still firm. I guess I've been blessed with good genes, but alas my love life is poor.

My employer required me to move to another city for the job. Not a big deal; a change of scenery might be nice and it is in a warmer climate, which is nice. It has been two weeks since I have moved into my condo, and one week since I've started work. The job's a usual 9-5 desk job that is pretty easy, but also quite boring. It's a start though, and I will climb that ladder as time goes on. Unfortunately there aren't many young men at my workplace and nobody there really interests me, so that's one source of love checked off. Not a big deal. I'm young, attractive, and have a bright future ahead of me, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting urgent to get laid.

I've tried porn, cyber sex, sex stories, but none of them are even remotely as satisfying as real sex. The sensuality, the warmth, the touch, the breathing, the sounds, the foreplay and the intercourse are just something you can't get with anything other than real sex. No matter how hard I've tried. But like I've said, I have my morals. I'm not just going to go out and have sex with anyone just because I want to have sex. Never going to happen.

For now, I'm embracing being alone. I lived at home during my college years, since it was cheaper than to have a dorm. I can eat dinner whenever I want, I can do everything by my own rules and I love it.

In fact, I feel the need to make myself a strawberry milkshake. I've always loved my own milkshakes. Oh, no strawberries or yogurt to make it? That's fine. It might be 12:00AM but I can do that now without my parents thinking I'm weird for going out for groceries in the middle of the night. It won't even take long, since there's a Walmart just a couple blocks away from my condo. I can walk there, get my ingredients and then walk back in about 15 minutes. This whole living alone thing seems pretty cool. Since it's midnight, I can leave home in my normal night clothes; my grey tank top, black sweats, with my black bra and thong. I let the bra straps show from outside my tank top, just to see if I can catch any looks while I'm there.

I walk into the grocery store and go down the dairy aisle to grab the yogurt. My first thought was I couldn't believe how quiet Walmart is at this hour. I should shop at this time more often. I head to the produce to find some strawberries, where I am able to catch a few glances from other men shopping at this time. Feels good, even if that person's not particularly attractive.

I head to the checkout with my items. There's only one till open, but I guess that's to be expected at this hour. There are a couple of people ahead of me, so I put my items on the conveyor belt and wait in line.

Maybe 30 seconds later, I hear a man say "so you're a midnight shopper too?"

I turn to look at him. Quite attractive. short dark hair and blue eyes. A nice body, without being a meathead. Also dressed in sweats with a white t-shirt on. Looks like he might be a few years older than me, but it's close enough to keep my interest. At first I didn't realize he was talking to me. I turned my head around to look at the other people in line to see if he was talking to one of them. Then I turned my head back to him, who was looking right at me.

I shyly smile "Oh... yes" I shyly laugh out.

"My name's Brian. I live in the same condo complex as you." He lends out his hand to shake mine.

"I'm Leslie" I say with a smile as I shake his hand. He was a bit taller than me, which I didn't mind. He seems nice, not creepy, he's attractive and around my age. At this point, all signs are go.

How do I make myself sound interested in him without sounding slutty? "And how haven't I noticed you around the complex?" I say.

"Well I do live behind you, so you probably don't see me too often."

"Plus I've been busy with moving in and all."

"That too."

"I was actually good friends with the guy who lived in your condo before you, so naturally I look there pretty often, so that's how I noticed you."

"Oh really? What happened to your friend?" I ask.

"He had to move out because he got a job in another city. It sucks, but your career is important obviously."

"That's true," I say.

"I actually moved here myself for my job. Came up north in Canada to here in Seattle."

"Oh cool. And how does Ms. Canadian like Seattle so far?"

"It's really nice. I can get used to this weather. Not having to shovel snow in the middle of January is quite nice."

At this point, the cashier is checking my groceries through the till. I pay with my debit card and get the receipt. I decided to wait for Brian, since it's been a while I've gotten to talk to an attractive young man casually. First base is what, holding hands? So what's this? The on deck circle? Pretty sad for someone my age that just even a casual chat is exhilarating, but at least it's a start.

Once he got his groceries though and paid for, we walked towards the exit.

"So did you walk here or drive?" I ask.

"I walked," he said.

"Not much point when I'm only buying a few things."

"Same," I say.

"So has anyone given you a housewarming gift yet?"

"No" I say. "I haven't actually gotten any visit from anybody around since I've moved in, which was two weeks ago."

"Well that's unfortunate. How about you come by my place and we can have a couple of beers or something. Maybe it's not an amazing present, but it's something, right?"

A jolt went up my spine. "No, that sounds amazing! Just let me put this stuff in the fridge."

We stop by my place and put my groceries away, then head to the other side of the complex to his apartment. He took the cap off of a bottle of beer and handed it to me and then got one for himself as I sat on the arm rest of his couch and he sat in a high chair by the kitchen counter.

We talked about work, school, the city and all sorts of stuff for about an hour and couple more beers.

Then, while a bit tipsy, he asked "So, do you have a boyfriend?"

My heart stopped for a moment. Is he hinting at something? I hope so.

"No. Work and school has made it hard to get into a relationship."

"I know what you mean," he said. "I haven't been in a relationship for a long while myself."

"Really? That's hard to believe."

The alcohol must have given me a new sense of courage. I never would've said that sober.

"Thanks" he said. "I can say the same about you."

My heart stopped again. He's definitely attracted to me, and I'm definitely attracted to him.

"I just miss that sensuality in a relationship. It's just not just about the sex, though that's a necessity too." I blurt out.

"I know what you mean. About both things. It doesn't help if your ex was never a very sexual person" he said.

"Really? How wasn't she?"

"Well, this might be a bit blunt, but she never really liked giving BJs or any kind of foreplay."

"Oh, that makes it kind of boring." I say. I blush a little.

"I actually really like giving head; probably my favorite form of foreplay."

"Well, all your exes must have been lucky men for as long as they were with you."

We talked for a little while longer about other things until I decided it was time to go home and get to bed. He walked me back to my condo.

"Well thank you for the housewarming,"

I said. "It's probably the nicest gift I've gotten in a long time."

"It was my pleasure," he said.

He put one of his hands on my bare shoulder and rubbed up and down it slightly.

"Maybe we can hang out again?" I ask, putting my hands on his hips and scratching them softly.

"I'd love to. I'll see ya later" He said, taking his hand off my shoulder and walking back to his condo.

I walk into mine, almost shaking from the experience. Might sound sad, since it's only one day, but it felt good to be doing what somebody my age should be doing: meeting other young adults. Still couldn't believe I was hitting it off with someone so attractive. Definitely better than my past boyfriends. Have I hit the jackpot, I thought to myself. I guess I would have to wait and find out.