The Road to EGOT Season 02 Pt. 18

Story Info
Consequences.
13.5k words
4.77
19k
14

Part 36 of the 64 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/24/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The ambulance arrived faster than I had hoped.

"How long has he been here?" A latino paramedic asked me.

"I don't know. I came back and found him like this."

"Does he have any medical conditions?"

"He has a heart... a heart..." I couldn't remember the name.

"What's his name?"

"James!" I told him with wild eyes. I attempted to enter the ambulance but they wouldn't let me.

"Sorry sir, you'll have to meet us as the hospital." After he told me which one, I ran to the garage and jumped into my car. I called Claire, James' wife, as I pulled out of the garage and headed towards the hospital.

"Claire, It's Duncan." I said trying to keep my voice as calm as possible.

"Duncan are you alright?" She asked me. I guessed that my calm tone did nothing to fool her.

"Someone broke into my apartment. James was hurt. I don't know all the details but he's headed to the hospital right now."

"Was he responding, was he talking at all?"

"He was conscious but wasn't making much sense."

"Alright Duncan, I'll be right there." After I told her which hospital he was being taken to, she quickly hung up the phone. I focused on the road. A thousand questions running through my mind. I arrived at the hospital and ran inside, all of this feeling incredibly familiar.

"Which room is James Yorke in?" I asked the woman at the desk.

"Are you family?" I rolled my eyes at that damn question.

"I'm not. I found him. He was lying barely conscious in my apartment. Can I please see him?"

"You need to be a family member."

I was calmed by the thought that Claire would be here soon. I sat down in one of the waiting chairs. This couldn't be! Not James. He was a perfectly nice man who had done nothing to deserve this. He was just doing his job and looking after his family as best as he could.

I was frustrated with myself. I should have known that dinner was a set up to get me out of my apartment. What the hell was he looking for? How much did he know? I felt the anger rise in my chest and forced myself to calm down. I had to keep a cool head and do the best I could to stay one step ahead of Derek. Tonight was proof that if I let my guard down, someone would get hurt.

"Duncan!" Claire exclaimed as she walked into the hospital. She gave me a hug, her cheeks were wet with tears. "How is he?"

"I don't know. They won't tell me anything." I told her. She let go of the hug and rushed to see the nurse. I stayed behind giving her some space and privacy. I saw her shoulders sag. The telltale sign that the news she had been given was not what she had wanted to hear. She came back towards me with fresh tears. "They are about to send him to surgery. They're saying he should pull through. I can see him before he goes in." She told me without taking a breath. "Thank you Duncan." She said before following the nurse.

I felt like shit. She shouldn't have thanked me. I didn't deserve it. I hadn't done anything worth thanking. I stepped outside and took a deep breath of the cool evening air. I removed my phone from my pocket. I dialled Gary's number.

"Hey." Gary said sounding tired and weary. "How'd it go?"

"It was a trap. He pulled me out of my apartment. His bodyguards ransacked the place. They hurt my doorman... My friend."

"I'm sorry Duncan." Gary replied meaning every word. "How is he?"

"About to go into surgery. They're saying he should pull through. But you never know."

"Alright. Duncan I know you're upset, but I need you to focus. Was anything missing from your place?"

"I don't know. I didn't really look. The place was a mess. The files and everything on him are... they're with you." I said feeling myself panic. I heard a loud noise coming from the other end of the telephone line. "Gary? What was that?"

"I don't know. Hold on."

"Gary?" I asked again. I could hear a loud knocking sound but Gary wasn't answering me. I dropped the call and ran to my car once again. I quickly kicked my BMW into gear and sped onto the streets of L.A. Traffic wasn't too bad, but I had to keep my focus. I maneuvered the vehicles in and out of lanes, hearing the angry honking sounds from drivers I was cutting off. I couldn't worry about them now. Gary might be in trouble.

I arrived at his office, not bothering to kill the engine before running out of the car and heading for the building. I could see the lock had been broken on the entrance to the building. I didn't bother waiting for the elevator and ran up the stairs. My heart was beating so incredibly fast, my lungs were burning. None of it mattered. I had to get to Gary. I couldn't let someone else get hurt.

When I reached his floor, I took a moment to get a breather and calm myself. I removed the weapon from my pocket once again, and slowly pushed the door open. I poked my head through and looked down the hallway towards Gary's office. It was quiet. I held the gun in front of me and walked slowly. The gun shook slightly in my quivering hands. I hated having to admit that I was scared. I didn't have a choice. I had to keep moving forward.

I reached the door of Gary's office, noticing the broken hinges of the lock. I pushed it open with my gun and looked through the opening I had created. I could see Gary held against the wall by one of Derek's bodyguards. The black one that was with Derek at Ago's.

"Where the hell are the files?" I could now hear him asking my friend.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Gary told him. I could see he was in pain. He had clearly been beaten. I felt a huge amount of kinship towards him at that moment. He was still in my corner.

"Get the fuck off of him!" I yelled as I pushed the door open and pointed my gun at Stamp's lacky. He looked over his shoulder, continuing to hold Gary up. He finally let him go, allowing Gary to slide down the wall. "Put your hands up." I demanded. He did as he was told as he spun around to look in my direction. He smirked at me. Which worried me more than anything. I had the gun pointed right at him, but something told me I was not in control.

That became wildly evident as I felt something hit me like a mack truck. I felt myself fly through the air and hit Gary's desk hard. I looked up in time to see Stamp's other bodyguard make a beeline for me. I tried to stand but I was too slow. The wind had been knocked out of me. Next thing I knew, his fist connected with the side of my face. I saw stars. I was dizzy. I felt nauseous. I felt pain as he hit me again. I tried to stay conscious. Feeling the darkness take a hold of me. I looked over and saw Gary. Derek's other man had returned his attention to him. I couldn't let things end like this. The one that had been beating me, said something to his partner. I saw an opening and took it. I swept his foot, while his attention was diverted, and saw him fall to the floor.

He grunted as his head hit the floor. I looked around and saw my gun a few inches away from me. I reached for it only to realize that the bodyguard working on Gary, had noticed what had been going on and stomped my hand with his foot. I cried in agony. He didn't move his foot away from my hand. I looked up at him and our eyes met. That smirk was still firmly planted on his face. He lifted his foot, ready to hit me again. Before he had the chance, I heard a loud thump, and watched in shock as he crumpled to the floor.

I looked up and saw Gary standing over him, holding his gun. He had hit him with the butt of it. He pointed the weapon towards the two men.

"Get out of my office." He shouted. The two men got up, holding their heads. I grabbed my gun which was still on the floor in my left hand. I sat on the floor, afraid of not being able to stand on my own. I leaned against the wall, taking deep breaths to avoid the nausea overtaking me. I did the best I could to level my weapon at the two men.

"This isn't over." One of them said.

"For tonight it is. Get out, before it's over for much longer." They looked at each other. Both plainly worried about how their boss would take this failure. They both scampered out of the office, leaving me and Gary alone. Gary kneeled down next to me. "You alright Duncan?" He asked me concern written all over his face. I looked at him and saw a nasty bruise on his cheek.

"I'm fine. You?" I asked as he helped me get up. I could feel sharp pain in my ribs, and worried something may have been broken.

"Nothing some sleep and scootch won't fix. Not my first dance." He said seeming a lot better than I was, even though he had taken much more punishment.

"I'm sorry." I told him.

"Not your fault. I knew what I was getting into. I'm gonna charge you for fixing the place up though." He said smiling and lightening the mood.

"I think you've earned it. You saved my life tonight."

"Hey you came busting in here like Rambo. I owe you one too. We are in this together. We're gonna take him down Duncan. No matter what it takes."

"What about your family? We should make sure their okay." I told him as the realization hit me.

"They're fine. I sent them away the same night you came here with those files."

"The files? Where are they?"

"Somewhere safe. Don't worry. Let's get you to a hospital."

*****************************************************************************************************

A few hours later, I was back home. I had a few bruised ribs, a nasty cut over my left eye and a mild concussion. Whatever the hell "mild" was supposed to mean. They wanted to keep me over for observation, but I was so damn sick of hospitals. I looked around my apartment. Shaking my head as I saw all of the mess. It would take forever to clean this up, especially in my current state.

I went to the bathroom to wash up. I walked gingerly, taking my shirt off as I flipped the light switch. I stood in front of the mirror and took a good look at myself. I looked horrible. I had bags under my eyes and a bandage covering the cut on my face. There were also bandages around my waist for my ribs. I looked at my muscles and thought about all the work I had put in at the gym over the past year. None of it mannered one bit. I was useless and could have gotten killed if it weren't for Gary. The reminders that I was just a writer were painfully obvious to me.

I heard a loud knock at the door. I looked at the clock and saw that it was past 2 am. Who the hell could it be? I went through my jacket and once again pulled out my gun. I walked to the door and looked through the keyhole. A smile spread across my face before I had even noticed. I tucked the gun away before opening the door, forgetting all about my injuries. Margot saw me and concern quickly covered her face.

"Duncan! My god what happened to you?" She asked in her australian accent. She walked in and ran a hand across my face. I winced as her fingers touched my cut. "I'm sorry." She said as she ran her hands across my chest and abdomen. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. It's nothing. Just a bad beating in boxing class is all." I lied. "You should see the other guy."

"You have to be more careful." She said, the doubt evident in her tone, with both of her hands on the sides of my face. Our eyes met and I couldn't help but feel warmth spread through me as I saw her beautiful face. She was gorgeous. Even now with her eyes scared and filled with fear for me.

"What are you doing here? It's late. Everything okay?" I asked her as I closed the door behind her. She stood by the door and looked around at my apartment. The mess couldn't be avoided.

"Duncan, what the hell happened here? What's really going on?" I bit my lip.

"I was robbed. Someone broke in here. I came in as they were heading out and caught a beating for my troubles."

"Is anything missing?"

"I don't know. I haven't really looked around yet. I just got back from the hospital before you got here. And you, have yet to tell me what brings you here at 2 a.m." She turned away from me and walked further into my apartment, accessing all of the damage. "Margot, i'm fine really. What's going on?" I asked her walking up behind her.

"It's nothing. You have enough to worry about. I should just go." She said trying to walk past me. I wrapped my arm around her waist, causing me to wince in pain.

"Don't go." I told her as I turned her towards me and wrapped my arms around her bringing her in for a hug. "Tell me what's going on." She held me tightly. I could feel her heart beating.

"Its Tom. He broke up with me." She said as I felt her tears against my shoulder.

"Oh god, Margot. I'm so sorry. What happened?" I asked tightening my hold of her.

"He said he didn't feel as though I was all in on the relationship." She said her entire body shaking. I brought her with me to the couch and sat us both down. I held her head against my chest and allowed her to get it all out of her.

"Why does he feel that way?"

"He wants me to move to L.A. He thinks it would be much better for both of us. That I would be closer to Hollywood while he can continue working."

"That makes sense. Why don't you want to?" I asked very puzzled.

"I...I...don't know."

"I thought you really liked him."

"I do. I just don't know if I'm ready. I love living in London. Moving to L.A seems like such a huge change."

"But it'd be good for you and your career. You'd be close to Tom and hell you'd be close to me. I miss spending time with you Margot." I told her sincerely.

"I miss you too." She said finally smiling. "But what if Tom isn't you know... the one?"

"You won't know that unless you give it a real go of it."

"I know you're right. But there's something else that scares me."

"What?" I asked her. She looked at me with her incredible eyes. She looked hesitant. Not sure if she should admit what she was feeling. To me and maybe even to herself.

"You." she said looking down at her hands. I watched her as she toyed with the hem of her white skirt.

"What about me?" I asked in surprise.

"I'm not completely over you. I'm scared that if I move back here, spend more time around you, that it might make me doubt my feelings for Tom even more." I was both flattered and worried. I didn't know what to say to Margot. She had made her feelings clear to me when we had seen each other in London. I cared for Margot. She was beautiful and incredible in every way imaginable. I was a mess when we had met. I was with Alex when I knew how she really felt. And now? I was fighting one of the most powerful men in Hollywood.

"Margot." I finally was able to say. "You know it's not that I don't think you're fantastic. The timing always just seems a bit off for us."

"That's what drives me insane. I just think that if we just slowed down. We'd find each other. And that knowledge makes it hard to go all in on things with Tom."

"Margot." I was barely able to finish saying her name, before she kissed me. I groaned into her mouth, feeling her perfect lips against mine. Margot was such an incredible kisser, I was reminded of the fact when her tongue snuck it's way into my mouth. I should have stopped it. I should have pulled away. Margot practically reading my mind, pulled her lips away from me.

"I know. All of the reasons you're about to give me. But please." She asked with the cutest pout imaginable. "Just for tonight." She continued now straddling my hips. "Just be mine." She said before lowering her mouth to mine once more. I knew I probably should have stopped things from going any farther, but the way Margot was kissing me made it so damn impossible. Her lips and tongue were practically devouring me. Instead of pushing her away, my arms wrapped around her beautiful body pulling her closer into me and deepening the kiss.

I moaned as Margot's hips began grinding into my thickening cock. I was so hot for her at this point, that I knew she could have her way with me. She pulled out of my lap and stood in front of me, holding her hand out. I grabbed her hand and allowed her to lead me into my bedroom. We were at the foot of the bed when Margot kissed me again. Her soft lips brushing gently and effortlessly against mine. She unbuckled my belt and pushed her soft hands into the confines of my boxer shorts. I felt her grab my cock and groaned as she began toying with it. My arms enveloped themselves around her slim and sexy waist. I loved kissing Margot. There was really no other way of putting it. Her lips were practically magical. Her tongue was almost like a surgical instrument, knowing precisely which areas would illicit the most delicious of pleasures.

She slowly dropped to her knees, kissing my neck and chest as her hands pushed my pants lower down my legs. By the time Margot had come eye level with my hard cock, my pants and boxers had been tossed aside. Margot looked up at me, lust and desire plainly written into the irises of her blue eyes. She lifted her top over her head and tossed it aside, revealing the impossibly beautiful and perky tits to my feasting eyes.

She rubbed my cock with both of her hands. I moaned as her hands did wonders to me. She looked up at me once more before aiming my cock at the entrance to her mouth. I watched in awe as her mouth opened up and she fit my head in between her sexy lips. She bobbed slowly up and down the length of my cock. Taking in more and more of my cock on each and every downstroke. I stood still, enjoying the wonderful sensations of her mouth. She moved her mouth to the side of my cock and licked it from the bottom to the top, the switching to the other side. Her tongue applying just the perfect amount of pressure to my throbbing cock.

Margot sat on the bed spreading her legs so that I would fit between them. My cock still inches from her face. She alternated between licking my cock and sucking on the head. Her eyes time and time again looking up to make sure I was enjoying every second of it. Margot's lips tightened around my cock as she began to quickly bob up and down. I ran my hand through her beautiful blonde hair. She popped off my dick and used her tongue to lick all over the bottom. She wickedly lapped at my cockhead with the tip, driving me wild and making me want to just grab her and fuck her pretty little mouth.

"I missed your cock so much Duncan." She said to me before gulping down half of my cock in one stroke of her mouth. I couldn't believe how sexy she looked. Her breasts bobbing and weaving with every movement of her mouth along my cock. Margot pulled my cock out of her mouth and stood up. She spun me around until the back of my knees were against the bed. She pushed me back softly. I now sat on the edge of the bed, as Margot dropped to her knees and resumed sucking my cock with new vigor. I watched in amazement as her mouth made it's way up and down my cock. Her tongue dancing across all of my veins.

I was in heaven! There was no other word for it. In my mirror I could see Margot's perfectly formed peaking from beneath her ass. She looked up at me and saw the direction my eyes were going. She smiled before rising and removing the rest of her clothes.

"You're beautiful." I told her meaning every word. She smiled softly before dropping back to her knees and taking my cock between her lips. "FUUUCKKK!" I groaned as I felt her tongue lap across my cockhead. I kept an eye on her ass, as Margot hand and mouth worked in unison to get me off. She pulled her mouth off of my cock so that she could catch her breath. Her hand continued to pump and slide. She licked and suckled on my cock head forcing me to grab onto the bedsheets with a death grip. Margot looked so damn sexy and sweet as she sucked on my dick as though it was the tastiest treat known to man. I took a beat to realize how lucky I was to have her in my life. If things had been different, who knows what might have been between us. I put those thoughts aside for now, as I returned my thoughts to this mind blowing blowjob the sexy australian actress was giving me.