The Rose

Story Info
Giving a rose to a stranger leads to a memorable encounter.
2.8k words
3.95
14.3k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They say that love is a funny thing. It is true that it can happen at anytime and for any reason. As can lust and passion. Case in point is what happened with Amy. It might have had something to do with the day being Valentines and maybe the pheromones were just thick in the air, but whatever happened it hit hard and fast.

I was there waiting for my order to be filled and I started to look for a seat. It was a busy day and there were no open seats. I started to look for a table to share. This is when I spotted Amy sitting alone reading a newspaper. I had seen her at this Starbucks before, but really never paid much attention to her, or must had been preoccupied. Today though, sitting just right next to the line, there was just something else there that drew my attention to her. Maybe it was her figure that I never noticed, that dark sexy hair, or maybe it was that perfume, or body wash that I smelled around her. I do know what actually sealed the desire was those eyes. I will never forget the deep brown sultry eyes.

I picked up my coffee and then added a rose that they were selling on the counter, paid for my order, turned, and took the few steps to her table. "Morning. Would it be OK for me to share this table," I asked her.

She looked up and said sure and slid the newspaper aside allowing me to sit. We started talking just a little at first. It was just about stupid things really. We talked about weather, number of people at the store, and exchanged first names and where we work.

I was so nervous talking to her there and she seemed so shy and reserved. I was just waiting for some way to let her know what I felt. Just an opening, comment, anything. Then just on a nervous little reaction to keep my hand busy I reached over and moved the rose just little.

"That's a nice rose. You should put it in water so that it would last for you to give it to your partner," she told me.

I decided that I had to take the chance. "Well, " I started, "it is not for my partner, but I hoped that it was for my lover." Then I pushed the rose over to her.

Her face turned red as she looked at the rose. She was quite for just a few seconds staring at the rose and I was sure that I had blown it. Then I saw it. The small smile and the look in her eyes when she looked up and slowly her hand reached up and pulled the rose closer.

Thus started the fencing match of words, actions, and touches.

"Just one rose for your lover?" She asked with a little hint of amusement in her voice.

"Can you tell me that two, three, or even a dozen would make a difference?" I asked.

"Depends on the lover." She reached down to pick the rose up to smell it.

"What about the one who this rose is destined for? Do you think more than one would make a difference?" I asked still looking for some hint of how she felt in her face.

"Perhaps not. A lot of it depends on the giver and what promises that comes with it." She set the rose back down and reached for her coffee. She lowers her eyes looking down deep into her cup.

"Why would it need a promise to come with it? Why can a rose not just be a gift? One that signifies desires and possibilities." I reach for the rose and held it up and her eyes rose up again to follow it.

She looks at it for a while and takes another drink. She takes a deep breath and I can see that something was decided, but still did not know what. "Gifts are dangerous things. They can raise expectations or they could signify the return of some other gift. Between lovers this is a token of what happens next. What if the lover cannot guarantee that expectation? Would it be right to accept the gift?"

I took a sip of my coffee, smiled, and said, "A gift given between lovers is just a token of attraction between the two. True, there is a hope that it creates; but it does not mean that it has to be a promise. The hope can be better then a promise. It can be even more exciting ... even erotic. The gift and showing my attraction will keep my lover's mind on the possibility. My lover could take the rose and walk away now and nothing else needs to happen, but the woman would still feel excited knowing that they are wanted. The man would be excited knowing that the rose was accepted and that there is hope for more. Either way, the rose has served its purpose." I put the rose in front of her and touch her hand. Just a little brush and was relieved that she did not move away. I reach over and pull her napkin to me. I wrote down my phone number and my address. "I am home by five. No need to call if you don't want to. I will be home all night." I set the note in front of her and drank some of my coffee.

She picks up the rose brings it up to her nose and smells it again. "No promise OK, but there is hope." She looks me in the eye and smiles a mischievous smile. Her foot ran up my leg and it sent shivers up my spine. She picks up the napkin puts it in her purse gets up and leaves with the rose in her hand.

"Well here's to hope," I thought. I finish the cup, get up, and leave Starbucks as well.

That day was just sort of blissful agony. All I could think of was that parting smile, the touch of her leg, and the hope for tonight. I wondered if she would come. I wonder if she would call. I knew that more than likely, that I will not see her again. But that spark of hope remained. It set me on edge all day. I was in this state of excitement that I had no intention of releasing. The women in my office who received flowers just made the feeling even worse. All day I counted down the hours. My work was less then my normal quality, but I some how fumbled my way through it.

At 4:30 I left the building and drove straight home trying hard not to speed. I got home with five minutes to spare and apart of me was expecting her here exactly at five. That is the other odd thing about hope. Sometimes it makes the most unlikely things suddenly seem like assured things. So I tried to carry out my normal night. Trying everything to stay busy. By seven I was checking my phone to make sure that I did not miss a call. By nine I had almost given up. At ten I had given up and just said this was not happening. I sat back watched TV and finally started to relax. Then, at a few minutes before eleven, I got the knock on the door.

I looked at the door and got up unable to believe what I heard. I took a deep breath, slowly walking over to the door and put my hand on the doorknob. All the while that hope that I had abandoned just a short while ago flooded over me. Could it really be her?

I opened the door and there she stood still dressed just as she was that morning. She looked up at me and with a smile said, "I guess the rose did its trick. I could not stop thinking about this all day."

I stood aside and let her come inside. She walked in, I closed the door, and that was as far as we made it. Next thing I knew she was on me...or maybe it was the other way around...it was all kind of hazy. Our lips tried to carry with it them passion of the moment. Our hands were grabbing of each other heads while we kissed making sure the other would not escape. Her leg started rubbing up and down my leg. My knee ended up between her legs and I could feel the wet panties rubbing against it. Her hand was in my pants; my hand was in her shirt. I just breathed in the smells of her hair in my hands and in my nose as I kissed her neck. My God, we must have been quite a scene. I know that she came first on my leg, as her thighs and gripped my knee and I heard the sharp intake of air. I kept kissing her and then she broke away, dropped my pants got down and sucked on me for what felt like 10 seconds before I started to cum and ending up getting most of it on shirt that was still mostly on.

She smiled and looked up at me with those eyes sparkling. "Now look what you have done. Seems like you gave me something other then a rose. I wonder what this was supposed to mean?"

I reached down, took her hands, and pulled her up. "It is a promise of what is to come." I smiled and started to remove her shirt. I did not have many buttons left before I had her shirt on the floor. She reached behind her, unhooked her bra, and dropped it on the shirt. Her breasts were just as I have been envisioning them all day. Not large, but not small either, just the right size and with dark hard nipples.

As I was working on my shirt she again took my head in her hands and started to kiss me and mash her breasts into my chest hair. My hands went to work on the rest of our clothing as she continued to kiss me. She kissed me very deeply and with enthusiasm. She was clearly taking charge of this encounter. We broke to take a breath, and I took her hand to lead her away from the hallway.

She pulled back and shook her head. "No. Right here; right now." She started to lower herself to the ground and I let her lay back. I bent down and started to kiss her breasts. She started to sigh and her hand went to my back and ran those nails over my back.

I stopped and looked up at her and asked, "Do we need protection?" and went back to kissing her breasts.

"Uh uh. Only you might if you don't move your head soon." I took the hint, moved her hand and let my tongue take over. Her hands found the back of my head trying to direct it to what she wanted. Oh my, did she smell and taste good. She must have been thinking about this a lot because she was so wet.

I reached up and stuck a finger in and then back out and licked it. "Mmmm, you taste so good. You must have been thinking about this encounter all day. You must have fantasized about it. Tell me what it would take to make those true and I will share my thoughts with you as well." I went back to eating her out and I could hear her moans.

"Please just keep going. Please." Her hands had now started to rub her breasts and I see her pull on a nipple as her hips slowly starts to rise against my mouth. I insert a second finger and hear her moan a little louder. My fingers start to move a little faster. In, out, in, out. My tongue was having trouble staying on your clit with her hips bouncing. I opened my mouth a little and then started just to munch using my lips as well as my tongue. A third finger went in. I felt her twisting and turning and I thought that she was running away but then she sat up had me lie down and then straddle my head and start to rub her pussy against my mouth. I felt her bend down and can felt her take me into her mouth. The sounds of wet sex filled the air. I felt her down there, but was to occupied to pay much attention to much of what she was doing except that it felt real good, distractible good. Her hips kept moving, grinding into my tongue and mouth. I feel my fingers suddenly getting squeezed and her sudden release of me and heard the clear sound of her cumming. I pulled my fingers out and her pussy settled on my chest.

"I take it that was one of the things you thought about," I asked. I could see the back of her head nodding.

Then she quickly turned around, reached down and grabbed me. "Here is another." She then closed her eyes and slowly sat down and I could feel her tighten up as she slid down slowly. "Oh so much better then dreaming about it." She sat up straight and started to raise and lower herself. Up, down, up, down.

I reached up put the hand that was recently in her pussy up to her lips and took hold of a breast with the other hand. I pushed a finger into her mouth and could see her eyes open as the tangy taste of her sex hit her tongue. "And that was one of mine," I said and felt her lips close around it and begin to suck the moisture from it with a quite moan. I pulled out the one and put in one of the other ones.

She closed her eyes and began to ride me again. "Do you like that? I love to watch you fucking yourself like that while sucking you of on my fingers. Want to try something else I fantasized about today? Not that much different then this," I said starting to sit up.

"Uh huh," she said. I sat up , lifted her up enough for me to cross my legs under her, she wrapped her legs around my torso, I grabbed her head, kissed her, and there we sat with our hips rocking back and forth slowly screwing each other. My hands running up and down her back, to her breasts, and through her hair. Her hands were following mine, nails digging in slightly leaving red lines in their wake. It felt like we were there for forever but it also felt like just a few seconds. Both of us started moving and humping faster and faster. Trying to get more movement and penetration that this position just did not allow.

I pushed her onto her back and without leaving her followed her over. I forcefully thrusted all the way in and she let out a gasp. "This was the other part Amy," I told her as I started to pull out and drop back into her.

"Faster please. Faster." I follow her command and soon I am fucking her for all I am worth. My pants combine with her moans and gasps. One of her hands grab a breast and the other starts to rub her clit furiously. "THATS IT! KEEP GOING! FUCK...FUCK...FUCK. OH... SO GOOD. "

I warn her that I am going to cum and she tells me to wait. I try, God knows, I try. The exertion that I am putting into this fuck must have been the only thing holding me back. She was so close but I could not hold off any longer. "BABY I AM CUMMING....UHHHHH." And I keep fucking her all the way through my climax. It was enough. She starts to cum then too. Oh the yell, and my God did her pussy ever tighten up. I kept it up till I saw her hands drop to her side. I stopped and dropped forward panting between her breasts.

We lay there together not saying a word. Both panting...both exhausted...both spent. I look up dropped out of her and gave her a kiss. Right then I knew something changed in her. She kissed back, but it was hard, had an edge to it. I looked at her and noticed something in her eyes. Realization of what happened hit her. I told her to relax here and I would go get us something to drink. I swear I was gone for less than a minute, but as I turned the corner with the glasses in my hands I see the door close. Just like that she was gone. All that was left on the ground was the rose that had served its purpose and now became just a memory.