The Runaway Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Halili?"

"Who--? That girl!"

"I'm Janet," she said. "I don't think I told you my name."

"I'm very very sorry, Janet! I made a terrible mistake! I thought you--"

"It's okay, listen, I have to tell you something."

"Can you forgive me? I was an animal!"

"You were great!"

"I was great?"

Janet laughed. "You were brilliant! Where are you going?"

"Me?"

"Yes, you!"

"Home!"

"Can I talk you into having coffee or something instead?"

This was not the way Halili lived his life. Nothing ever happened to him. Except Janet. "Coffee. It's very late. Where? That donut place?"

"Dysart's." The truck stop was always open, with plain simple American diner food. Halili agreed.

In the parking lot they spotted one another. Janet smiled and led him in. They took a table against the window, and the hostess promised their waitress would be right with them.

"I never should have kicked you and stuff; I was just panicking."

"I didn't know you were afraid. You seemed to want-- I mean, I thought you--"

"I did want it! Christ, I asked you to, remember?"

"Yes. But then--"

"I know, but I was worried all of a sudden, about..." Janet lowered her voice and leaned close. "About AIDS. No condom."

"Oh." Halili processed this. "Oh! I see! But I don't have the AIDS," he whispered, "I never have any sex!"

"Shh! I know, I got a test and I talked to Lisa, too. I was worried for nothing, and I hit you and kicked you and I want to say I'm sorry."

Halili sensed someone closing in, and looked up to see who it was. It wasn't the waitress, but a large state trooper in uniform.

"Is your name Janet Waterman?" he gritted.

"Yes."

The massive man's black belt, laden with armaments, creaked. Halili stared at it. "You're wanted for questioning in the Jake Philbrick case."

12