The Sacred Tunnel Pt. 01

Story Info
Neolithic Monument inspires love and lust, then and now.
6.6k words
4.67
13.6k
7

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/19/2022
Created 10/01/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story was inspired by a recent trip to New Grange, located near the Boyne River in Ireland. The monument there dates to the Neolithic, or early Stone Age, around 3000BCE. The valley, known as Bru Na Boinne in Gaelic, is a fertile area, and the river teems with fish. Archeologists consider the monument to be a "passage tomb." There is a tunnel about 30 feet long that ends in a large chamber. The tunnel itself is narrow and modern humans stoop to enter. The main chamber is quite large, perhaps 15' in diameter and a ceiling as high. There are three smaller chambers, or recesses, forming a cross pattern. The entire monument was built of large and small stones; it was not tunneled into a hillside, but rather constructed on the top of a hill. Passage tombs themselves are not unique; there are many scattered in that area, throughout Ireland and in the Brittany region of France. The monument at New Grange is unique because the main passage lines up nearly precisely with the rising sun on the Winter Solstice. The sun penetrates the long passage and illuminates the main chamber for approximately 17 minutes at that time. The main excavation of this monument occurred in 1962, but it had been plundered for centuries before. The 1962 excavation and reconstruction is now somewhat controversial. Although archeologists consider it a tomb, only five sets of remains were recovered during excavation. Some argue those remains significantly post date the original construction and use of the monument, and reflect later usage. Stone balls and phallic shaped stones were also recovered.

The interpretation below is entirely of my own imagination. I am not an archeologist or an anthropologist. I have not studied the evidence carefully. However, I still think I'm right. And mine makes a way better story.

I thank Fire_breeze for many helpful comments and suggestions.

Bru Na Boinne: 3000 BCE

Croag's muscles strained as he maneuvered the large stone into place. In spite of the cold wind blowing up the valley and the faint late fall sun, trickles of sweat ran down his broad back. He was committed to showing his strength and virtue to Shamar, the Most Revered Woman, in hopes that he would be selected to be the consort of the New Revered Woman at the time of the New Sun. His thoughts then jumped to Amma, whom he hoped would be selected as the New Revered Woman for the sacred rite. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Shamar emerge from the Sacred Tunnel of the Mound, Her long black hair blowing in the wind, and the womanly curves of Her body silhouetted against the grey nearly winter sky. Along with the other men, he paid homage to Her as the perfect Woman, but in his heart, Amma was perfection. He paused for a moment in his work, his gaze traversing the valley and river below the Hill of the Mound. His mind wandered to Amma's body, Her curvy breasts, which had blossomed over the last few years, and Her broad hips, which signaled her ripeness. They had grown up about the same time together. Croag had passed the trials of manhood last spring, while Amma had been conferred Young Woman status at the end of the summer. He remembered her beauty at the ceremony in the late summer heat, the flowers in her hair and the long flowing robes which clung to her shapely body in the wind. Catching himself, he did not want to be seen malingering, he shook his head to regain his concentration. Returning to his work, he strained at the stone all the harder, hoping Shamar would see his actions and not read his heart.

As the sun set, the tribe gathered for its evening meal near the tribal lodges on the slope of the hill just below the Mound. Croag sat at his Mother's feet, as all unmatched men did. The matched men were raised to sit with the Women of the tribe. He glanced around, trying to catch a glimpse of Amma, sitting with the other Women. He was surprised to see Her sitting next to Shamar, surrounded by the Revered Women. Shamar and Amma seemed be talking and Croag's heart beat quicker. He knew that the selection of the New Woman and her consort would occur soon. It was always a surprise: the Most Revered Women announced the choices when the Goddess spoke to her in a dream. He would die if Amma was selected and he was not, and he looked around in vain wondering if there was some way to gain their attention. His Mother, sensing his unrest, gently placed a hand on his shoulder, reminding him that men were to contain themselves when in the presence of the Women of the tribe. He tried to relax, and prayed first to Mother Earth and then to Father Sun.

As the meal ended, and the tribe began to break up, he was surprised by a hand on his shoulder. As he turned, he found himself looking into the eyes of Shamar. He had never been this close to the Most Revered Woman and was surprised to find that he was taller than Her by some amount. Yet, still he felt short in Her presence. His heart pounded in hope and fear when Her gentle loving voice said, "Croag, your efforts for our tribe have been noticed by the Revered Women, and we have selected you to train to be the consort of the New Revered Woman. Gather your belongings and move to my lodge." The smile that burst upon Croag's face was echoed by the smile on Shamar's face.

Croag sputtered "I am so honored...I will get my stuff...I...I ...who...who " and then, before he could control himself he asked, "Who will be the New Revered Woman?"

His heart pounding as he realized this could be insulting to The Most Revered Woman. He tried to recover. "I'm sorry, I ...I just..."

But Shamar smiled and Her hand gently moved up his shoulder, Her fingers sliding through his hair, and his Manhood began to stir. "You know this will not be revealed until later," Her voice soft, gentle and sensuous, "you and I will need to work on your patience and control, for you must learn to please the New Revered Woman and that takes patience."

She drew his head down to Her and began to kiss him. The gentle kiss grew deeper and more passionate causing his Manhood to swell and throb. He had, of course, never been kissed and to share this first one with Shamar was an amazing honor. His heart pounded and his Manhood swelled, he had never been so aroused as by this, and even thoughts of Amma left his mind as he was totally overtaken by Her expert kiss. Only as She released him did he begin to hear the sounds of his tribe behind him. The other young men shouted congratulatory words, or grumbled jealous epithets, while the Women voiced their approval at the selection. For the Kiss of the Most Revered Woman was known to only be conferred upon the consort of the New Revered Woman.

Dublin: present day

Ida sat working at her computer in one of the tiny basement offices inhabited by graduate students in the archaeology program. It was cold, being early December, and the basement room was poorly heated. The department was quiet, the term having finished the week before; only the dedicated graduate students were around. Her thesis, examining Celestial Phenomena of Neolithic monuments, was coming along, but slowly. She struggled to make sense of what the sun, moon and stars of 5000 years ago would have looked like through the tunnels and around the monumental rocks of the Neolithic structures. She hoped her first paper, part of the application for special access to the Passage Tomb at Newgrange and other important sites, would be impressive to the Professors who were reviewing the proposals. In particular, she knew she needed to impress Professor Sherridan, the Director of the Newgrange committee, and hoped that her diligent calculations of astronomical alignment would give her the access that she needed. But deep in her heart she knew that her real thesis would have to wait, because it was simply too controversial. She glanced, again, at the clock on the computer, the minutes crawling by. She knew the decision was close at hand, but didn't know when. She sighed, and stood for a moment stretching. Then, she sat and began pouring over her latest tables, calculating positions, as her mind entertained her hidden ideas.

That evening, Ida sat cross-legged on the couch while Craig sprawled beside her, his feet -- as usual -- on the coffee table and his arms stretched out over the couch. Craig, also a graduate student studying Chemistry, was engrossed in the football game while Ida's attention was on her laptop where she chatted with friends and responded to emails. Craig's hand wandered over her back and sides intermittently, and somewhat clumsily she thought, clearly trying to flirt with her. She loved Craig, and was glad they were married, but wished that he was...what? A better lover, like the ones she read about in some of the on-line story sites she occasionally perused. She didn't have a lot to compare him to in real life, indeed, he was only her third, and frankly the first one almost didn't count since it was a one night, drunken kind of thing during her last year in Sixth Form. Craig was way better than that...most of the time. In fact, really, of the three, he was the best and she only occasionally had to get herself off after he fell asleep. But she wanted to experience something magical, something that transcended the simply physical. She had, in some ways, come close a couple of times on her own, reaching orgasms by her own fingers that wiped her mind of reality. But she wanted to experience that with her lover, and he to experience it with her.

The chime, indicating a new email, brought Ida back from her reverie, and she switched windows to see which one of her friends was sending some crazy comic or picture that would make her laugh. When she saw the address though, her heart began to pound; it was from Professor Sherridan, and the subject was `Congratulations.' She only realized that she had shrieked out loud when Craig reacted and jumped slightly on the couch.

"What's up?" he asked as he moved to look over her shoulder.

Ida could hardly find the words "I think..I might have...well...just a sec" as she tried to calm her adrenalin enough to manage the small motor coordination necessary for the touch-pad.

As she opened the email, she felt thrilled: "Your project has been selected for special access to Historic sites." She burst out, "Oh My God, Craig! Everything...well, nearly, but Oh My God...and starting...wow, in a just over a week!"

She could hardly contain herself. Craig was smiling and nearly as happy as her. That was what she loved so much about him and their relationship, they both reveled in each other's success.

"I want to Celebrate," she said as she sat back down, having jumped up to do an impromptu victory dance. Craig laughed and put his arms around her. He leaned in and they began to kiss, gently at first, but with growing passion.

"You are so sexy when you get excited," he growled and she felt her pussy begin to tingle. His shoulders were broad and strong, although no one would describe him as athletic. She wasn't athletic either; her broad hips and full breasts were more "pin-up" girl quality than lithe athlete. Craig had been telling her, since their early courtship, how beautiful and sexy she was, and she had finally come to believe that he was earnest; that his idea of a perfect female form was her curvy body. Their bodies began to intertwine and his hands, somewhat clumsily, began to tug at her clothing. She thought, well, this isn't exactly what I meant by celebrate, but the tingling of her nether lips and the tightening of her breasts made her realize that she was somewhat more aroused - perhaps by her own success? - than she had realized.

Craig's passion grew while he tugged and pushed Ida's clothes from her body. As he released her full breasts from her bra, she felt her nipples harden, partly from the cool air of the drafty flat, but mostly from arousal. She gently guided his lips to her nipple and he began to suck and lick her. She threw her head back and cupped her breasts, presenting them to him, aching to have him focus on them, to lick and suck them until she was carried away with arousal. His mouth closed over one nipple, his tongue swirled and she gasped. His fingers began to fumble at her trouser button, distracting her, as he moved too quickly for her tastes. With his hands clumsily working to strip off her slacks and panties, his mouth left her breast and she felt somewhat let down.

Craig guided her onto her back on the couch and, tearing off most of his clothing, moved between her legs. He quickly, and passionately, kissed her breasts. His hands grabbed the outside of her hips as his mouth trailed down her stomach and found her nearly bare pussy. He began to kiss and lick her. Ida's fingers moved through his hair, trying to guide his lips against her swelling pussy lips.

"Oh God, yes, Craig, lick me there," she intoned and he moaned against her mound.

She felt entire being begin to centre on her great mound below and Craig's tongue and lips felt amazing. He seldom ate her this way, so she was thrilled by these new pleasures. But all too soon he stopped, and moving up between her legs began to enter her. She sighed, she wasn't "not ready" but simply wanted this to take longer. She looked into his eyes and saw the faraway look he got when he was so aroused. His arousal was intense and arousing to her, knowing that it was her body and her success that generated such passion in him. He thrust deep inside her, and her legs wrapped around him drawing him deeper. His thrusts came quickly and powerfully, and it was arousing to see him overtaken with primitive passion. As he began to cum, his grunts echoing in her ear, she felt her orgasm shudder, weakly, through her body. In a moment, they lay together, as he panted, recovering from his exertion. She wished his mouth would return to her pussy, licking her until she exploded. She sighed as he moved off of her, feeling somewhat empty as he withdrew. She wanted to demand that he please her, that he not wander off, but she did not know how to ask for what she needed.

Bru Na Boinne: 3000 BCE

Croag was nervous as he entered Shamar's lodge carrying his few possessions: bedding and clothing. He knew, more or less, what was expected of him and his Manhood was partly erect in expectation. His mind wandered back to Shamar's kiss and he almost groaned at the idea of Her taking him into Her sacred tunnel. Shamar stood near the soft glowing fire at the centre of Her large lodge. The floor, covered in straw and animal skins, was soft and comfortable under his bare feet. The fire, not too large, warmed the space against the cold air of the season.

"Please," Shamar gently instructed "Place your clothing there and your bedding with mine."

He was comforted by Her soft tone; Women were not always polite to men, and this put him more at ease. He placed his clothing in the wood chest and arranged his bedding with Hers on the slightly raised round pallet. He turned and faced Her. Shamar stepped toward him and placed Her hands on his upper arms. Moving Her hands to his chest, She slowly unwrapped his tunic. He shrugged and let it fall to the floor behind him. Her hands caressed his broad strong chest as She looked up, with a deep gaze, into his eyes.

"I can see your arousal and I am glad that you feel this way. A man should desire a Woman in this way."

He nodded, not trusting his voice with his heart pounding and his Manhood throbbing.

Shamar continued in a sensuous and soft voice, "But it takes patience and control to turn that wonderful desire into the Magical Pleasure that you must give the New Revered Woman."

Her hands slowly slid up his arms and Her fingers spread through his hair as She brought his face to Hers in another amazing kiss. His hands naturally fell to Her hips and they pulled together as the kiss deepened. He was close to exploding, his balls tightening in the loose confines of his trousers. Her hands continued to explore his neck and shoulders as Her tongue danced in his mouth, mingling with his. He became nervous again, his loins on fire with his desire. Shamar must have sensed his nervousness, as She slowly broke off the kiss. She stepped back a moment, sliding his hands off Her hips, and taking them in hers.

"Do not worry if you cannot control your Manhood and seed yet," Her words re-assuring and soft. "This is why you are here. You know I train all men before they are coupled. You have already shown more control than some, demonstrating that we were right to select you as Consort."

He was stunned that he was not failing, as he felt the pre-cum begin to ooze from his member, more so by the way She said Consort. Shamar's voice carried respect for the word, something he had never heard from a Woman before. She dropped his hands and found the front of his trousers. Deftly untying the rope that held them, they fell to his ankles. His Manhood stood rigid, the purple head throbbing in the firelight. She gently guided him to Her bed and he lay down on his back. Shamar, standing at the foot of the low pallet, let Her robes fall to the floor. He gasped at Her nakedness. Her beautiful skin, wide womanly hips and full sensuous breasts were amazing. He knew now why She was the Most Revered Woman, and his cock oozed with his excitement. Within seconds She was straddling him and he was in Her Sacred Tunnel, exploding. He groaned and Shamar, looking down into his eyes, actually smiled. He felt shame that he had not lasted. How could he be the Consort? Would She kick him out? Shamar, again sensing his fear, leaned down and gently kissed him.

"Do not worry, we have already judged you worthy, you will learn." She rolled off of him and they burrowed down into the soft bedding.

After a moment of cuddling, Shamar spoke again. "Croag," his name sounded almost holy spoken by Her, "I want you to watch me now."

Her voice trembled with passion, something he had not expected. She slowly pushed the bedding back, and he could see Her, lying on Her back. Her legs slightly spread revealing Her Tunnel entrance. Her hands began to slide up and down Her body, gently teasing at Her nipples, cupping and caressing the soft skin of Her breasts. One slowly slid down Her stomach and began to caress Her inner thighs while the other continued its attention to Her nipples. He could hear Her breathing coming in short ragged gasps, like his had only moments before. Then he watched, mesmerized as Her fingers slid up and down Her slit, dipping into Her Tunnel and then swirling around Her bud, something he knew existed but had never seen. In a few moments Her hips began to buck and She exploded, like he had, only it seemed deeper and more complete than his. He gasped and Her eyes met his. He could feel his Manhood stirring again at the amazing view and her wanton moans.

As Her breath slowed, She said, "You will learn to please me even more than that," She sighed. "And more importantly, to please the New Revered Woman." They pulled the covers over their naked bodies and fell asleep in each other's embrace.

Dublin: present day

Ida rolled out of bed, shivering in the cold near dawn of wintertime Dublin. She was still giddy about her successful proposal, but also now petrified that she had been selected. She had to make this count. And she felt the pressure to succeed as a tight knots in her stomach. Craig snored softly in their bed and she went to the kitchen, pulling her robe tight around her against the drafty old apartment. She made tea and sat down with her computer and breakfast, rereading Professor Sherridan's email. Her first stop today was his office to meet with him about the project. Although his gregarious and friendly personality was endearing to most, Professor Sherridan always scared her. He was incredibly smart and she always felt one or two steps behind him. She had sat in one reading class from him and had learned so much because he was as enthusiastic as he was knowledgeable. She had felt a rapport with him, but wasn't sure how he viewed her, although she had done well in his class. She now knew he thought highly of her, and she so wanted to show she was worthy of that respect.

12