The Santa Barbara Sun Pt. 03

Story Info
Anxiety in New Haven.
9.4k words
4.78
4.7k
4

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/27/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They were in dense clouds, circling over Kennedy airport for a landing. Maya was in the middle seat of the three they filled. Her twitching and wiggling had not ceased the whole flight except for a short nap. Allie and Jeff had a drink with their meal, but teased Maya about being drunk when she met Robin for the first time. She punched both of them and had one anyway. Maya was drawing all the attention, but Allie was nervous too. Earnest and Diane Lansdowne had insisted on driving from New Haven to pick them up, so the first meeting was only minutes away. When Robin found out about the pickup at the airport, he took a break from training and jumped in the big SUV as well. Jeff and Maya were keeping this a secret.

As soon as they landed, Jeff was on his phone, checking in with the folks, who were circling the airport. Outside, the March rain had turned to sleet, and Maya wailed, "Oh my god, I am going to freeze!" Allie poked her, "Serves you right, coming to the east coast at the beginning of spring." Jeff frowned as the two dissolved into more giggles. Grown women acting like teenagers, he thought to himself.

They had only carryons, and dashed from the plane to the curb, meeting the SUV seconds later in a quick rendezvous. Throwing bags over the seat, the three piled into the back, hardly wet from the sleet and rain. Everyone said hi and sat back as Jeff's dad maneuvered out of the airport toward the Whitestone bridge and I-95. Maya didn't know it, but Robin was hiding in the third seat, waiting for a signal to emerge.

Jeff said, "Dad, I understand you have some excess baggage in the back?" Robin slowly sat up and brought his hands forward to cover Maya's eyes. She jumped a mile as he said, "It's nice to meet you, Maya."

She screamed and scrambled wildly over the seat into his arms. "Oh, you scared me. No fair!" He pulled her into his lap, leaning for a chaste kiss, which didn't stay that way for long. Allie looked back and said, "Hey, no making out in the car!"

Everyone was laughing as there was a lot of wrestling going on in the third seat. The college kids finally sat back, smiling and holding hands. Robin said, "We're just getting organized for our joint programming project."

Maya, with an almost straight face, added, "Yes, it requires close coordination!"

When they arrived at the beautiful home in a faculty area near the campus, it turned out that Robin had prevailed on Diane to let Maya and himself stay at home, since the arrangements at his dorm would be awkward.

Allie and Maya found themselves on the third floor, with a low ceiling in an open space with twin beds. They were excited, wrestling around. Allie sat up and said, "You'd better behave, or your head is going to hit that ceiling!"

The brothers watched from the top of the stairs, laughing. Robin asked, "There is a lot of body contact out west?"

"Wait until you see them in the pool. It is like a pod of dolphins. Very friendly dolphins."

The women looked up, "Don't mind us, we are just excited to be here."

Each male advanced and gathered a body into his arms. "We are excited to have you visit, but we need to go down to lunch or Mom will be after us. We have strict instructions to behave!"

Diane had just started up the stairs when she saw them descending. "Oh good, I have hot soup and ham sandwiches." She had turned around when four bodies pressed tight, hugging and kissing.

"Stop that, you devils." Her face was pink as they entered the kitchen, exclaiming, "I don't know what we are going to do, Ernie, there is so much energy with four of them here."

Allie still had no ring, and was self-conscious about her lonely finger. Jeff had told her the problem was being taken care of in the east, and refused to say anything more.

Munching on a sandwich, Robin mumbled, "Maya and I have to work this afternoon. We would like to show you something this evening." The two of them were side to side, using elbows.

Earnest said, "We've invited the Andersons to join us for dinner, is that ok? The sons nodded enthusiastically, "That's great, Dad, your sister is always fun. Allie said to Diane, "I will help with dinner."

Robin and Maya washed their dishes at the sink and disappeared. Diane whispered, "I've never seen anything like it. He has been working night and day on his machine with the big screen. Coach called me and asked if there was something wrong because he skipped three workouts."

Jeff smiled at his dad and said, "Mom, you used to complain Robin had no room for girls in his life. You are unhappy that he has found a friend in Maya?"

Diane laid a hand on Allie's. "She is so beautiful." Jeff added, "And so talented. I can't wait to see what they have to show us tonight."

"Yes," Allie chimed in, "this one is just the dumb lawyer who keeps us out of jail!"

She went on, wailing, "I love him dearly, but he promised me a ring, so I removed my IUD. That was almost a month ago and I might already be pregnant!" Allie waved her bare left hand and heaved a huge sigh of frustration.

Diane grabbed Allie, saying, "You poor dear." Her glare was intense, "Ernie, you promised..."

Jeff and Ernie smiled and said, "Patience will be rewarded, soon!"

Diane seized Allie. "Let's go for a walk. I'll show you some of our campus sights."

Walking down a neighborhood street in New Haven, the sun breaking through clouds, Allie teased Diane by opening conversation in French. "Jeff says your French is very good. I was raised in Geneva and it is almost a mother tongue to me."

They held hands companionably. Diane's response was rapid and fluent. "My boys are very dear to me. They are smart and work hard. Ernie and I are blessed to have them. Jeff told me the story about your dad and the Santa Barbara house. It is so sad that he didn't have more years to enjoy it."

"He knew his heart was failing. I was lucky to be able to be with him those months in California. The Rodrigo family has been a world of support for him and for me. You must come out and meet Maria and Manuel. They put the lie to every stereotype about Mexican immigrants."

"Maya is a marvel. She and Robin have really clicked, haven't they?"

"Diane, it is scary how the two of them are already into each other. They could get hurt. Maybe the two of us will have to be the nasty chaperones!"

The older woman had her arm around Allie. "Yes, and we won't get very far, will we?" She stopped for a hug. "You are so good for Jeff. I can't believe I am getting one and possibly two daughters-in-law. I was an only child and then I had two boys. It is a complete thrill to meet you, Allie."

"Jeff says you work too hard. When we have the wedding, you and Ernie must stay in California and play!"

Diane mumbled, "Yes, play." Allie smiled to herself. Diane had no idea how much play was in her future.

There was drama before dinner. Unknown to Allie, a conspiracy had been at work on the ring problem. Maya came from the shower to the attic bedroom and said, "Um, Diane says we have to dress up because there are guests for dinner."

"What! You and I have only one dress apiece and they are rumpled from the carryons!"

"I told her, and she is ironing out the wrinkles. We can raid her drawer for stockings and scent."

Maya snapped the towel at Allie's behind and said, "Get your fine self to the shower!"

Neither of them had any cold weather clothes, so the cocktail style dresses showed a lot of skin. Diane arrived with them over her arm and admired the sexy undies. "You two are something else. Those are all over tans?"

Maya pulled down Allie's bra to reveal her modest but very tan boobs. "You must come and stay. There is tanning every day by the pool!"

Diane was beginning to feel the pull of the Santa Barbara sun as she helped the two beauties into their dresses. "I'll tell Earnest to turn up the heat a bit. Neither of you would fit into any of my wool clothes..."

Maya gave her hostess an excited kiss. "We run and work out every day. Keeps us trim. You will be tan and thin and attackable!"

Allie joined in a threeway hug and Diane felt something special happening in the embrace of the California girls. Going down the stairs, she said, "Drinks in twenty minutes, dinner at seven."

Gwen Anderson was Ernie's younger sister and had a perpetual smile. Her husband Alan was an economist with an adjunct appointment at the university. He traveled a lot but they called New Haven home because Gwen's family and her father's business were there. She had earned an MBA at NYU and was the business manager.

Everyone was enjoying a cocktail and conversation but Allie noticed Ernie and Jeff nodding at each other. Her soon to be father in law walked out of the living room and returned with something she couldn't see that was handed to Jeff.

Silence fell over the room as Jeff approached Allie and knelt on one knee. "Allie, we pledged our love in California, but now that we are here with my family, I would like to ask you again to marry me." He opened the little box and withdrew the ring, which blazed in the light from the fire. There was loud clapping, but Allie was crying and kissing Jeff with emotion.

After things calmed down, he said, "This is my grandmother's, resized and reset for you. Her will asked that it stay in the family." Allie rose to give Jeff's mom and dad a hug. "Thank you so much!"

Off in the corner, Diane caught Maya and Robin having their own passionate kiss. Walking over, she caught their ears and whispered, "Don't get any ideas. You are too young for that."

They smiled back, pressing closer together. "Of course. Way too young. Clueless."

Diane knew Maya was not spending the night in the attic bed, and knew she was not to say a word about it.

After dinner and dessert, Robin and Maya led the way to the study, where Robin's large home system was set up. Gwen and Alan asked if they could stay to watch. The first thing to show up, on the lefthand side of the screen, was the existing home page for RCS.

Maya began, "There is a terrible problem. This beginning programmer here has taken our perfect website and made a horrible mess of it." She clicked on the keyboard and another page came up, full of strange graphics, misspellings, and a tortured guide to RCS services.

Robin countered, "I am sorry to say that my mentor has completely missed the boat on web design." He clicked and a window full of code appeared, with almost every other line underlined in red. He pointed, "These are code errors that even grade school kids do not make."

It was evident that a performance was going on. The two of them, hands around each other's waist, spoke together. "Fortunately, we have discovered complementary skills. She will do the coding and I will do the design..."

They stopped and frowned at each other. "Wait, I will do the coding and ..."

They collapsed to the floor, laughing and unable to keep up the pretense. For the next ten minutes, they previewed the new RCS site, complete with beautiful graphics, background shots of the Channel across the infinity pool, with interactive graphics tied to several design and production services. It was impressive. Overwhelming, considering that two college kids had done it from thousands of miles apart. There was loud clapping as Maya and Robin hugged.

When quiet returned, Gwen said, "Are you available for hire? Our company website could certainly use something as beautiful as that demo." She went over for her own hug. "I'm serious. But, of course, I know you need some private time..."

Diane and Allie were sitting together on the couch, hands entwined. Diane whispered, "Wow, they are terrific together." Allie whispered back, "Just what Jeff and I were hoping for."

Robin and Maya were still talking to Gwen and gestured for Jeff to join them. He wandered over and said, "You are already in trouble and need your lawyer?"

Gwen kissed him on the cheek, "Tell them that a handshake is a legal form of contract."

Chapter 10

Allie was still asleep when Maya crawled into the narrow bed with her. The sun was up, but their brains were jet lagged. The bed smelled of sex and Allie smiled. She and Jeff had not visited each other, but Maya was ripe.

"You naughty girl," Allie whispered, running a hand over Maya's firm breast.

"Very naughty. These college guys, you know."

She buried her face between Allie's boobs. "I am so in love!"

Allie pulled Maya's lips to hers. "Run with it, girl. Can you imagine the two of us hooked up with brothers?!"

They were wiggling around and whispering when two heads appeared at the top of the stairs, frowning. "What's going on? Not more girl sex? You must need male attention."

They were pulled to the floor for more rolling around. Allie said in a loud voice, "No screwing! Diane will be mad!"

Finding his way between Maya's legs, Robin said, "The folks are getting it on this very minute. When in Rome..."

Right there, thumping on the floor, two cocks drove two women to wailing climaxes. Sitting back on their haunches, with dripping cocks still arching out of their bellies, the brothers high fived one another.

Maya and Allie held hands and laughed, "These two are going to be trouble!"

The shower was not big enough for four, but they messed around anyway, soapy hands wandering everywhere.

In the kitchen, three females were pink, and three males were laughing and smiling. Across two generations, sex was a universal bond.

Almost through with breakfast, Allie poked Robin next to her and asked, "You have more coding to do, I suppose?"

Maya answered, "He is in trouble. The Spring Quarter project is already finished, due to the assistance of California girl."

Reaching to take her hand, Robin said, "If she didn't have to graduate this quarter, the California girl would be staying here, working on Gwen's project and certain other assignments."

Allie didn't say anything, but sought out Diane. It was Sunday, and even a weekend when she wasn't on call. She wrapped an arm around Allie's head and asked, "What should we do together? I've never felt as close to a new friend as I do to you."

"I need a walk and a talk with you. Let's get our coats and tell people we will be back in an hour. Put sneakers on so we can jog if we want."

Yesterday's bad weather was gone, and the sun was raising temperatures rapidly. "I am looking forward to that pool in California. I try to swim everyday here. There is a pool in the fitness center at the hospital where I spend exercise time. Most of my practice is correcting congenital abnormalities in children. Very tough and very rewarding. I would not trade it for anything."

"I'm not going to attract you to Santa Barbara for long, am I? I understand commitments. When Dad had his heart attack, I threw everything over for him. He raised me on his own and there wasn't anything I wouldn't do to help. But it was just luck that put the two of us together with the Rodrigos in Santa Barbara."

"You brought Robin and Maya together. I can't thank you enough for that." Diane leaned over for a kiss, and got Allie's lips. They didn't separate right away. Allie said, "You are going to swim with Maya and me and Maria in the pool. We never need suits. There will be lots of fun."

They walked on, hand in hand. Diane asked, "Tell me about Maya and graduation. She is dying to spend more time here."

Allie responded, "If we were in Santa Barbara, the two of us would get naked in my bed and talk things out while playing."

"My mom used to call me a tramp when Ernie and I showed up after an all night party. My dad said geologists never amount to anything and what did I see in him."

Allie hip checked Diane and said, "You were getting mind blowing sex every day and weren't going to give it up, were you?"

"No. Mom was right. I was a total tramp and damn glad of it. You and I need to help this romance along. What if Maya stays with us after you and Jeff go back? Can she study from here? The two of them are really eager to do Gwen's project, whether they get paid or not."

It was Allie's turn to apply a quick kiss that wasn't so quick. "Yes. I will help. There is money to fly her home for midterms and the final. The rest can be online and FedEx. I will find her teacher and explain as soon as I get home. Do you think we can pretend Gwen's project is a big deal? Great stuff for a CS major?"

"I want the dates of the midterms. Maybe she needs a chaperone?"

They giggled all the way back to the Lansdowne house. "We have to make them suffer for this." Diane was excited and grinning. By the time they reached the front door, practiced frowns were evident. In the kitchen, Ernie had his laptop out, showing Maya and Robin some of the geological mapping accessible at his company site.

Robin said, "Dad, dump us a bunch of that. We want to play around with 3D and VR."

Diane said, grimly, "What is all this playing around? Both of you have important school obligations. Allie and I want to see less lovey-dovey and more studying. Maya, I think you need to get your beautiful self back west pdq. This is your last quarter. What about that honors degree?"

Dead silence as three adults faced off two young lovers. Finally, Maya buried her face in Robin's chest, wailing, "Nooooo."

Grabbing the students, Diane and Allie marched them to the living room sofa. Ernie watched from the safety of the doorway, wondering what was going on.

Diane and Allie sat, grim faced, across from Maya and Robin, who were indeed suffering greatly.

"I don't understand why, but Allie has suggested that perhaps, on the basis of hard work and completed chores, Maya might stay with Ernie and me for the next several weeks. Arrangements will be made for class work to be forwarded here, and mailed or emailed back to California. I will volunteer to proctor exams, and Maya will return home for her finals."

In the hushed moment that followed, Diane and Allie saw Ernie's smile and upraised thumb from across the room. Seconds later, they were on the carpet being kissed, tickled, pounded and screamed at. "You are so cruel! You figured that out on your walk!"

Allie whispered in Maya's ear, "You still have to talk to Maria before there is any deal. If you make promises of good behavior to Diane, she will talk to Maria with you."

Allie found herself in Robin's arms as Maya sweet talked Diane, promising the moon of slave chores for the opportunity to stay in New Haven. He gave her a hot kiss and flirted. "I am so jealous that my brother found you first." Allie flipped them over, sitting on his knees with no skin showing. "You are not to be trusted. Just like Jeff."

Three happy couples smiled at each other. The youngest looked dazed from their good fortune. The second youngest were nestled into each other, with Allie thinking she needed to start her own child soon.

Diane, from her perch on Ernie's knee, smiled at them and asked, "Are the two of you ever getting married?" She grinned, "I think I need to fly out for a conference with Maria about all the delay."

With a straight face, Jeff answered, "I promised her substitute Mom that there would be a wedding before she started showing..."

Maya said accusingly, "You aren't?"

Allie smiled, "My IUD is gone, anything could happen." She wiggled her bottom into Jeff's crotch, who stiffened.

Diane pointed at Maya and Robin, "Remember what I said. You have to finish school!"

Maya pushed more tightly into Robin's arms and whispered, "No ideas."

It was sweet, silly and warm as three families grew closer together. Ernie picked up on the romantic feelings in the room and announced he was staying home from work so that there could be a hike and a picnic.

On the trail, Diane nudged Allie and asked, "Would you like some company on your trip west? Your future mother in law coming to inspect?"