The Scarlet Dove - Issue 01

Story Info
The perilous origin story of a young superheroine.
11.6k words
4.66
68.3k
112

Part 1 of the 20 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/10/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Issue One – Origins

Prologue

"Happy birthday baby!" Brad said, tugging her shirt off eagerly.

Starling Chase giggled, more than a little nervous. Instinct made her cross her arms over her chest, covering the lacy black bra she was wearing. Tossing her shirt on the floor, Brad leaned over and began kissing her. The girl returned the kisses, parting her soft lips to allow his thick, warm tongue into her mouth, meeting it with her own, just the way he had taught her. One big hand slid up her back, tangling fingers into her thick red hair and sending a shiver down her spine.

They were in the front seat of Brad's hot rod, parked at the old rock quarry just outside of town. Starling had been dating Brad for about six months, looking forward to this night with nervous anticipation. He was quite a bit older than she was—not an old man or anything, but out of college, old enough that he had insisted they wait to have sex until she turned eighteen. Until this night.

Pushing her arms apart with his free hand, Brad began to grope at her plump round breasts, caressing them over the thin lacy bra. Starling felt a nervous titter dance down her chest and into her stomach. His grip tightened in her hair and he kissed her a little more deeply. His musky scent filled her nose and nearly set her head spinning. Her heart began to thump, feeling him sliding the straps of her bra off her shoulders, then slowly pulling down the cups to expose her boobs. Instinctively her hands moved to cover them, but this time Brad swatted them away immediately, grabbing a handful of her milky white bulbs.

Goosebumps rippled across her porcelain skin, feeling his rough palm cupping and squeezing her breasts. Icy tingles danced through her chest, and her sensitive pink nipples quickly stood up on end. Brad immediately began to toy with the hard little nubs. Starling couldn't help but moan softly into his mouth as they kissed.

Hearing her, Brad broke away and grinned. "You like this? Excited already?"

Starling made no reply, pulling him back to her lips. "Like" and "excited" weren't exactly the words she would use. She was suddenly realizing what a comfortable little bubble she had slipped into with Brad. Because he had been the one refraining from sex, she had been able to relax and not even think about it. Now it was as if all the pressure she'd avoided for six months was crashing over her all at once. In addition, she began to remember just how many of their conversations had revolved around this night, how much Brad had been looking forward to fucking her. Did she even have a choice at this point? Would he understand if she wanted to wait a little longer?

Of course not, the young girl thought, feeling him untangling from her hair so that he could fondle her boobs properly ... with both hands!

Starling glanced out the window wistfully, as Brad laid her back in the seat. She reached up to touch his arms and shoulders, trying to relax but finding herself unable. Soon his hand found its way down to her leg, sliding up her smooth inner thigh. She had worn a tight miniskirt, just as he liked, and he wasted no time reaching under it to stroke the lace covered mound between her thighs.

The butterflies in her stomach were doing a frantic dance. Why was she so nervous? This wasn't her first time, after all. Her first time with a real man maybe ... maybe this time would be enjoyable ... maybe if she actually wanted to ... except that she didn't, not really...

Starling gasped in surprise as Brad pushed aside her panties and ran his fingers along her prim, hairless slit sending a bolt of electricity racing through her brain, scrambling her thoughts.

"Mmmm, smooth and shaved," he whispered in her ear. "Good girl!" He punctuated the throaty compliment by nipping at her earlobe.

Starling trembled, looking up at him with big doe eyes as his fingers wiggled into her soft pussy lips. She couldn't tell him no; something deep inside her desperately sought his approval. That's why she was here in the first place, wasn't it? To earn the validation of an older man, a girl had to play like an older woman, right?

Feeling herself getting wet despite her trepidation, Starling spread her legs and moaned like a good little whore. She reached down and grabbed Brad's crotch, feeling his manhood already swollen and rigid. She bit and sucked at his neck, trying to get the front of his pants open. He continued to finger her moist pussy lips, spreading them open to find her clit and beginning to toy with the hot little nub. The girl squirmed, gasping, and meanwhile finally liberated his cock from its denim prison!

It felt so big, thick and veiny in her dainty little fingers. Starling began to stroke it, then pushed him back in his seat and leaned forward. In the meager moonlight pouring through the windshield she caught a glimpse of his member, and her stomach did a back flip. He was so big, he would never fit inside her! Would he?

Still, she gripped him with both hands, stroking slowly. Brad groaned, leaning back with an approving grin on his face. Starling looked at him, licking her lips in her best attempt at playing the part of sultry temptress. Then she leaned down and kissed the tip of his dick. Instantly a pearly bead of precum appeared, and she licked it off.

"There's my little slut!" Brad groaned. "Don't tease, suck it!"

Starling didn't particularly like being called that, but he never meant it meanly, just playfully. Besides, a blow job she could handle; she had done that plenty of times. Of course, this would only be a stalling tactic, and soon he would expect ...

But the girl put that out of her mind once more and wrapped her lips around his engorged cock. She slid as far down his shaft as she could, only gagging a little bit. She began to bob and suck, running her tongue along his length as she did. Soon his cock was slick with her saliva and white hot, twitching in her hands and mouth. She grasped his balls gently with one hand, rolling them sensually between her fingers, savoring the tremble that rolled through Brad's body as she did. Starling sucked eagerly, beginning to work his shaft more firmly.

Maybe if I make him cum like this, she thought, then he won't have to fuck me after all!

His hand coiled into her thick red mane once more, while the other reached down to grab one of her dangling D-cups. Squeezing her plump round bulb, he began to guide her rhythm with a handful of hair. Starling followed his lead, hoping to keep his cock in her mouth as long as possible.

Feeling him trembling in her mouth, she could sense he was on the verge of cumming. Starling felt a little swell of power. She teased, licked and squeezed, savoring the control she had at that moment. She could make him cum at any time, or hold him on the verge. He was putty in her hands ... er, mouth.

Maybe this wouldn't be bad after all ... maybe I can trust Brad.

Suddenly, light flooded through the back window, and the sound of tires on gravel made Starling jump back in panic. Brad looked over at her with unsatisfied expectation.

"Somebody's here!" Starling gasped, tugging her bra back into place and fumbling about for her blouse.

Brad glanced out the window and grinned. "Looks like your surprise party is here."

"What!?" the girl was completely befuddled.

Brad tucked himself back into his pants and got out of the car. Starling's heart began to sink, and a cold feeling crept into her stomach. Outside she heard doors opening and closing and men's voices. What was going on?

"Star, come on out here, it's alright," she heard Brad shouting.

Her knees were practically knocking together as she got out of the car, struggling back into her shirt and wiping her mouth. Brad was standing with a group of guys, three other men. A couple of them were familiar; she'd met them before, but their names completely escaped her at the moment.

"Don't be shy," Brad urged. "Come say 'hi'!"

"Brad, what's going on?" Starling asked, reluctant to get any closer.

"Aw, we just wanna wish you happy birthday, girly!" shouted one of them.

"Yeah," slurred another. "We got presents ..."

Starling took a few steps back. Even at that distance she could smell alcohol wafting off them. Brad walked over to her, his arm slithering around her waist as he pulled her towards the group.

"It's okay, baby," he said. "They just want to celebrate your birthday with you."

"But- but I thought it was just going to be you and me," she replied.

"I promised you a wild night, didn't I?" he said. "It's your first night as a woman, so I thought you might want to spend it with some real men."

"Brad, what do you mean?!" She pulled away from him.

Suddenly one of the other men was there, putting his arm around her narrow shoulders. "He means," the man began, "We're going to break you in properly ... together."

"Not on your life!" Starling gasped, pushing away from the other man and inadvertently positioning herself to be surrounded.

"Come on, Star," Brad said. "You've talked such a big game this whole time, don't tell me you're really just another high school tease?"

Starling could not swallow the sudden lump in her throat. She'd said and done a lot of things to impress Brad. She had so desperately wanted him to think she was cool and mature and daring. The truth was, she was just an inexperienced little girl seeking the attentions of a cool, older guy. Regardless, this wasn't part of the deal!

"I- I don't ... and I didn't ..." she stammered, beginning to realize she was surrounded. "Whatever I said, I didn't mean this, Brad!"

He grinned, but it wasn't a warm expression, more taunting. "It's okay to be nervous, but you'll like it. You're that kind of girl ..."

Starling stepped back. "What does that mean?"

"You're a slut, Star."

"I am not!" she gasped. This time he'd meant it precisely.

"Sure what it sounded like to us!" one of the others laughed.

"Star," Brad chuckled. "You snuck out on your birthday, in the middle of the night, to be with a man more than a decade older than you ... you're a slut."

"I can't believe you'd say that to me," Starling snapped, feeling tears welling up. "You can take me home now!"

"I will ... just as soon as your party's over ..."

"Not on your life!" she growled.

All four men came towards her suddenly, and Starling screamed in panic! The man beside Brad reached out, and instinctively the young girl lunged, swiping one hand like a claw! Her nails slashed at his face, doing little actual damage, but he swore and lurched back out of range. This opened a hole in the group, and Starling dashed through it!

"Shit! Get her!" Brad shouted.

She wasn't really paying attention to where she ran, more focused on the rumble of the four men chasing her. She was in heels, scraping precariously through the gravel, and a cold tightness gripped her at the realization she'd never be able to reach any kind of speed. Behind her the men were all shouting, but through the tears and panic and noise of her flight, Starling could only manage to make out three words: "stop", "wait" and "ledge."

Then before she could even process those words, the ground was crumbling away beneath her feet. For a moment the young redhead felt weightless, floating, and then came the sudden sickening lurch as she began to fall. In her panic, she had run straight off the high outcropping and was now plummeting, presumably to her death, into the old rock quarry.

For some reason, in that moment she thought of the pretty, ivory dove statue her mother had given her when she was little. It had belonged to her father before he died, and that had made it extra special to the young girl. Even in that instant Starling could picture it perfectly, sitting on her dresser back in her room. Wouldn't it be nice to be a dove, to spread her wings and fly away ... fly away from the men on the cliff ... fly away from all the bad decisions that had brought her to the old quarry with Brad ... fly away from the painful landing rushing up to meet her ... wouldn't that be nice?

Suddenly she felt a surge of energy coursing through her entire body, like a burst of adrenaline. Everything seemed to slow down, and then ... was she falling up ... no, not falling ... flying! Starling flew straight up into the night sky! She could hear the men below, and when she glanced back, they were all peering over the ledge in horror, no doubt looking for her broken, bloody body at the bottom of the cliff. Had they not seen her? Would they have believed their eyes if they had?

Could Starling believe it herself? Was she really flying? How was this possible? Yet, in the back of her mind, it seemed perfectly natural. It was the statue, of course, that pretty ivory dove. She had always known it was more than just simple decoration, although she had often discounted such thinking as childish imagination.

Controlling the flight came instantly and naturally to the young girl. In fact, she felt completely liberated for the first time in her life. She soared through the cool night, high above the small city where she lived with her mother. Everything looked so small from this high up, almost vulnerable. She couldn't explain it exactly, but looking down on things from this perspective, she began to feel a sort of responsibility. It seemed as if for the first time, she could see the big picture instead of just her own sad little snapshot, that of a girl with no father, raised by her reclusive, paranoid mother.

Feeling a strange new sense of clarity, Starling turned towards home. Floating down into the backyard, not thinking what might happen if anyone saw her, she scrambled back in through her window.

There was the dove statue, on her dresser just as she'd pictured it, only the little emeralds it had for eyes were now glowing brightly. Starling didn't know how any of this was possible. Could she even tell anyone, or would they just think she was crazy? The only thing she did know, was that her life would never be the same!

Chapter One

"Hurry up, Blockhead!"

"I almost got it."

"We 'almost' gon' get caught, hurry up!"

"Shut up, Rocky!"

"Both of you shut up and pop the damn lock already," Brick growled, his patience growing thinner by the moment.

There was a grunt of exertion, a metallic screech of steel on steel, and finally the deadbolt popping as it broke open. The three men glanced at each other excitedly as the rear door to the Warden City Blood Bank swung open.

"Alright, let's make this quick and clean!" Brick told the other two. "My guy will pay well for any lab equipment we can get him, but not if its busted, so be careful!"

"Always good advice!" shouted a woman's voice behind them. "But it may be too late for that!"

Brick whirled around to see a deliciously feminine figure standing on top of the trunk of their getaway car. Somehow she had snuck up on them without making a sound! As she stood before the three criminals, they drank in the sight before them, unable to keep their mouths from dropping open.

She was wearing a pair of golden high heeled boots, which came to about mid-calf, glittering even in the meager light of the alley. The rest of her long, shapely legs were bare, all the way up to where a pair of pure white bikini-style briefs clung to her curvaceous hips. Above them, a gold belt was wrapped around her trim little waist, and a white bustier fit skintight over the supple curves of a pair of perfect breasts. There was a golden bird design emblazoned over her right breast. Her soft, bare shoulders fed into firm, slender arms, with golden bracelets encircling each wrist. She had bright red hair, which fell past those rounded shoulders in thick wavy tresses, framing a face that was clearly beautiful, despite being partially obscured by a mask. The mask was also white, with feathers around the edges, and outlined two glittering green eyes.

"Where the hell did you come from?" Brick asked. "You better not be scratching my paint job, bitch! Just who the hell are you anyway?"

"Just a concerned citizen, but you can call me the Scarlet Dove!" she declared, planting her hands on her sexy hips and giving her red mane a pointed toss. "Now tell me, why would you idiots be breaking into the blood bank?"

"That's our business, girly," said Rocky. "Now get the hell outa here!"

"Or better yet, stay and make a donation!" threatened the one called Blockhead, brandishing a metal crowbar. "Gallons worth!"

"You guys sure are thick," the Scarlet Dove shook her head. "I'm a superheroine, here to send you to jail!"

The men all laughed!

"Superheroine??" Brick guffawed. "Blockhead, teach this bitch a lesson!"

The thug lunged forward, swinging the long crowbar overhand at the spandex clad beauty.

"Wait! Not the paint job!" Brick gasped as the crowbar slammed down on the trunk of the car.

The Scarlet Dove had already leaped gracefully upward, and with incredible agility turned a perfect midair cartwheel above the weapon's arc and over her attacker's head. She landed nimbly behind him, and as Blockhead turned to face her, she whipped one of her gorgeous gams in a high kick, catching him square in the temple! He dropped the crowbar, clutching the side of his head, clearly dazed. Lightning quick, the heroine slugged him on the chin and he crumpled against the car, groaning.

"Now, are you two ready to surrender?" the crimson haired girl asked, turning back to face them with her deceptively dainty fists clenched. "Or do you all want to spend your jail time explaining how you were beaten up by a girl?"

Brick glanced at Rocky and shouted, "Don't just stand there; get her!"

Wide-eyed, the thug nodded and charged with a big looping right hook. The heroine ducked, doing perfect splits, letting the man stumble past her. She came up gracefully, spinning on him and bringing up her leg in a high side kick. Her golden boot nailed him right in the throat, causing him to pitch back against the car, coughing. The Scarlet Dove turned right into a wicked roundhouse kick, knocking the thug clean off his feet!

While her back was turned, Brick leapt towards the heroine. He grabbed her skinny wrist and twisted harshly before she could react. The woman squealed in pain and surprise, trying to turn towards him and pull her arm loose. Before she could, Brick's free hand slammed across her jaw, spinning her around and dropping her to the ground.

"Silly little bitch," the thug growled, looming over her. "Is that all you got?"

He kicked her in the ribs, hard enough to knock the breath out of her. Then he bent over, grabbing her arm and a fistful of that thick crimson mane. He hauled her back up and threw her curvy little body against the back of the getaway car. She hit with a groan, her long legs sagging weakly. Brick cracked his knuckles, and came forward to finish her off.

Then just as he got within arm's reach, the heroine lunged forward and planted something on his chest. It was a small golden pin in the shape of a bird. He glanced back at her just as she touched a button on one of her bracelets. Instantly the pin lit up, blue sparks jumping all across its face! Brick arched painfully, screaming in surprise as the pin delivered a severe electric shock. He fell to the ground, tearing it from his shirt. He scrambled to his feet and began to run!

He barely noticed the shadow passing over him, but pulled up short when he noticed the Scarlet Dove soaring overhead. She banked hard, coming back at him with both fists extended in a sort of torpedo dive. Before he knew it the thug was eating pavement, gasping for breath and clutching at his battered chest. He rolled to his back, looking up through bleary eyes at the exquisite beauty standing over him.