The Scarlet Dove - Issue 13

Story Info
The chief of police sends our heroine on a perilous mission.
12k words
4.68
22.2k
26

Part 13 of the 20 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/10/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Issue 13 ~ The Chemistry of Evil

Prologue

(A few minutes ago.)

The red head's pretty green eyes fluttered open, bleary and unfocused. She blinked trying to clear them, even as a piercing ache crept through her skull. It took a concerted effort just to lift her head. Although her vision had not cleared, she was beginning to make out blurred shapes in the dark room around her.

What the hell...? Starling thought through the pain. Where am I?

Shifting uncomfortably, she quickly realized that her arms had been pulled behind her back, the all-to-familiar feel of plastic cord encircling her wrists! She was lying on a concrete floor, and as she began to pull against her binding, she discovered her legs had been bound as well. That unmistakable sensation just above her knees and ankles, wrapped, knotted and cinched tight.

Starling rolled and thrashed, feeling panic edging into her foggy mind. Her bonds were so tight she could barely move at all, and when she tried, they cut painfully into her delicate alabaster skin. Still she strained against them, letting out a sharp moan of distress...the muffled sound of which alerted her to the thick cloth thread between her lips!

Gagged too? Oh no! What has happened to me? Why can't I remember?

The panic fueled surge of adrenaline cleared her vision, and she realized she was in some kind of store room. It was dark, but she could make out cases of beer and alcohol pushed against the walls, along with numerous kegs.

The bar! Oh yes, the bar... she remembered. But how did I get here? And what happened to...

Her attention was drawn suddenly by the sound of fearful whimpering. Glancing around, Starling found the source immediately. Another woman lay not far off, wearing a familiar beige tube top with a black miniskirt. She was bound just the same as Starling, arms pulled back, long, slender legs lashed together, and a thick cleavegag knotted around her pretty face as well. She looked towards Starling, shaking back thick brunette locks to reveal rich brown eyes, glistening with fear.

...Lacey! No! Starling screamed in her head. I knew this was a bad idea, how could I have put you at risk this way!

Starling tried to scoot toward the other woman, hoping to comfort with proximity if nothing else. However, her bonds made even that much, painful and difficult. After a moment of fruitless squirming, she slumped on the floor and when her gaze met Lacey's once more, she could not keep the fear from flashing through her own green eyes.

A moment of empathic dread passed between them, as the two women realized they were both equally helpless!

Then the door to the store room opened, and two men entered. Starling recognized the larger immediately, his name was Ox. The other was familiar, he might have been the bartender...but their brief meeting at the beginning of the night seemed a hundred years ago now.

Starling struggled into a half-seated position, as Ox came towards her, checking to make sure her bondage was secure. The helpless red head squirmed and snarled at him through her gag.

"Stay down, bitch!" he snapped, giving her a stiff back hand.

Starling flopped onto the floor from the force of the blow. Across the way, Lacey squealed angrily seeing her friend struck. The bartender had been checking her bindings, but now he grabbed her bare shoulders, and lifted the brunette onto her knees.

"What's the matter, cutie?" he taunted.

"I don't think she likes watching me hurt her friend," Ox said as his big boot blasted into Starling's side!

The red head screamed into her gag as all the air left her lungs and pain rippled through every curve of her body. As much as her bondage would allow, she curled into a ball, gasping in agony.

Lacey thrashed and growled into her gag. The two men chuckled at her unintelligible protests.

"That one's got some spunk," Ox grinned.

The bartender leaned down, speaking directly into her ear. "Maybe you can keep us distracted, and we won't have to hurt her any more..."

Starling could only watch as the goon reached around, and yanked down the other woman's beige tube top. Lacey whimpered indignantly as her perky, B-cups were exposed in a flash. She looked at Starling; brown eyes round as saucers, brimming with tears, teeth clenched around the cleavegag, an expression of abject humiliation that Starling, herself had worn enough times to recognize instantly.

In the next instant, the bartender's hands were reaching down to cup those perky tits. Lacey squirmed as he began to fondle her. The big hands cupped and squeezed, so unsettling in their masculinity to the captive lesbian. Her rose colored nipples responded immediately, standing up eagerly between his rough fingers, despite her discomfort at being groped by a man for the first time since she was teenager.

Starling could see the familiar tumult of emotions playing across the brunette's face: embarrassment, disgust, shame, anger, despair and then back through the loop again. The captive red head knew all too well the emotional distress of being tied up and molested by a lustful captor.

Watching this might be even worse than when it happens to me! She thought, as the man continued kneading her friend's supple breasts. If I could trade places with you, I would...oh gawd, I'm going to be next regardless aren't I?

As if on cue, Ox's big hands grabbed her soft, narrow shoulders. He lifted her off the ground, positioning the captive red head, likewise on her knees, across from her brunette counterpart. She growled fiercely into her gag, even as he pushed aside her crimson locks and unclasped her halter top. The front of her dress to fell open, revealing the soft, pink nubs on the tips of her plump, round D-cups. Her futile protest became a helpless whimper, as big hands closed around her fleshy orbs, squeezing tightly.

The captive women locked eyes, each realizing she was powerless to help her friend...and yet fully aware they were both about to become victims, as there was no way to stop these men from having their way with them!

Chapter One

(Last night.)

Starling Chase had never felt more like an actual superheroine than she did at that moment; swooping down out of the cool, night sky for a clandestine meeting with the Chief of Police on the roof of City Hall.

She was wearing a brand-new uniform, so the white spandex bustier and matching bikini bottoms clinging to her hourglass figure were in pristine condition. As were the glittering gold boots at the end of her mile-long stems. There was a slight breeze whipping at her lustrous crimson locks, blowing them back from her beautiful, masked face.

Where are those damn paparazzi now? She thought, imaging how THIS image would look posted all across the internet.

"Good evening Chief Maddox," she said, alighting behind him.

The man jumped slightly, and whirled around. His gaze crawled over her scantily clad body, and he swallowed hard. The gorgeous young heroine couldn't hide her smirk. He was a fairly handsome man, he could easily be her type if he hadn't been old enough to be her father.

"And to you miss...erm, Dove?" he stammered a bit. "I guess I don't know what to call you..."

"I imagine the less you have to call me the better," she replied with a green-eyed wink.

"I imagine so," he nodded. "It's good to see you back in uniform, you didn't look in too good of a state last night."

The Scarlet Dove blushed under her white feathered mask. "Let's just say it was a good thing you came along when you did."

"Does that kind of thing happen to you often?"

"What kind of thing?"

Something unsavory (lusty?) flashed through his eyes, but when he spoke his tone was proper, like giving an official statement. "When I arrived on the scene last night you had been stripped completely naked, and was about to be carried off by a hulking ...mutant-man-thing. THAT kind of thing."

How do I respond to that? She wondered taken aback. I thought he wanted my help, not to hear the torrid details of my recent missions...

"No offense, Chief," she said after a moment. "But is this why you asked me here tonight?"

"That sounds like a 'yes'," he scratched his stubbly chin. "I'll level with you... I asked you here to enlist your help, but I need to know if I'm allying with the vigilante superheroine everyone's been buzzing about lately, or if I'm sending an overeager bimbo to get raped or killed by the bad guys...cuz one of those I can't have on my conscience."

"I see," she frowned. "Allow me to level with you...the things I do aren't without their perils, but if everyone is buzzing... it's because of my results...not what it takes to get them."

"The ends justify the means?" he grumbled. "Is that what puts you to sleep at night?"

"Most nights, yes."

Chief Maddox looked away, rubbing his bristly cheek. "Alright, fine," he said at length. "Short of putting you behind bars I guess nothing I do'll stop you from taking those risks anyway."

"Not any time soon," she replied, thinking; at least not until I've brought Dominion and my father's killer to justice!

"Might as well get some use out of you then, let's talk business," Maddox said. "Are you familiar with the meth epidemic sweeping through Warden city?"

"Well, I know it's on the rise," she replied. "I didn't realize it was an epidemic yet."

"Yet!" Maddox snapped. "We're seeing more and more of the shit everyday...and I want it stopped before it takes this city right out from under us!"

"I didn't realize it was so serious!" Picking up on his energy, Starling felt a charge run through her. "How can I help?"

"Aside from busting petty dealers and the occasional kitchen, the only lead we have is the phrase 'mendeleev'," he went on. "But I'll be damned if we have clue one what it means...if it's a new ingredient, or just a slang term...hell, could be some new meth cartel for all we know..."

"It's the name of the supplier," the heroine blurted. "Or an alias, or whatever..."

"What? How do you know that?"

"Well, um, I met him once," she admitted sheepishly.

"You've met him!?"

"I didn't realize what he was then," she explained quickly. "He helped me attain some information on another case I was working."

"Hot damn!" Chief Maddox exclaimed. "So you know how to find him?"

"Not exactly," she replied. "He sort of came to me last time."

"Blast it," the cheif snorted. "Well do you think you can find him again? I mean you rooted out half the damn Scarpone family, and they were dug into this city like ticks..."

"I can do it, Chief!"

"That'a girl! How?"

"I have my methods," she replied with a smirk and a wink. "But once I get him, how will you charge him? I mean you didn't even have enough evidence to know what he was..."

"You find him and I'll take care of the rest!"

"But, how...?"

"I have my methods."

Starling couldn't repress a smile. He took out a business card and handed it to her, it had the number of a secure, direct line to him for when she found Mendeleev. She slipped it into her gold utility belt, and shook hands with the Chief.

Then with a toss of her crimson locks, and coy, confident wink, the Scarlet Dove soared off into the night.

Chapter Two

(Earlier today.)

"So you really didn't have any luck?" Lacey asked, absently stirring her soup.

Starling shook her head, chewing a big bite of her spinach salad. They had come to their usual deli for lunch.

"I even went by Baker's place," she added swallowing. "From the looks of it, he already cleared out."

"Good riddance," Lacey snorted. "I can't help but think this is a bad idea...you went through so much this weekend, you deserve some time off!"

Starling leaned across the table to whisper. "I'm a superheroine, Lace, I don't get time off..."

"Come on!" the brunette pushed. "We could take some time off, after those naked pictures and all the scandal, Ed would understand...we could head up north, maybe spend a couple days in Capital City and just relax..."

"Nah, Ed's got me working on that piece about that huge bridal expo..."

"The one being put on by the mayor's wife?"

"Yep, I'm actually a little excited about it!"

"You are such a girly girl," Lacey grinned, putting her hand on Starling's knee underneath the table. "Guess that's why I'm so attracted to you!"

The red head froze mid-bite as that hand slid under her skirt, sending ticklish tingles along her inner thigh. Quickly she grabbed the other woman's wrist, stopping her progress.

"It's not that," Starling snapped a bit more aggressively than she intended. "I know Ed and everyone else thinks it's just some fluff piece for chicks, but I get to interview the mayor's wife and it's a headline piece!" She pushed Lacey's hand away, causing the brunette to visibly pout for a moment.

This is moving really fast, Starling felt a bit guilty watching the other woman's expression. Does she really want to go on a trip with me? I don't even know if this is what I want... I mean, how can I be a lesbian, I still can't get Pierce Ashton off my mind...This is so confusing...

"Starling!" Lacey said sharply. "Are you even listening to me?"

Had she been talking while Starling drifted into her own misgivings?

"I'm sorry, Lace," she replied. "I...you know I've got a lot on my mind."

The brunette frowned. "Yeah, I know...doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm serious about you taking time off...not just from the paper!"

"Look, these are things I have to," Starling said sternly. "I know they're hard to understand, but I can't just walk away... when I told you everything I wasn't just trusting you with my secret, I was trusting you understand, or to support me even if you didn't."

The brunette's pretty eyes dropped to stare into her soup for a long moment. Starling took a deep breath and a bite of salad.

"Okay, you're right," Lacey said looking back up. "I'm sorry."

Now Starling felt bad. "I-I'm sorry I snapped at you."

"No, its alright, I just...I'm worried about you, but you're right...listen maybe I can even help..."

"Really? How?"

"Well as you know, I know all the party people in this town," Lacey went on. "Maybe one of them can get a line on where to score some of this Mendeleev meth."

"Oh Lacey, no," she began. "I can't let you get involved..."

"I already am," the brunette replied. "And don't think you can stop me any more than I can you!"

Starling let herself smile a bit. "...okay, then..."

Chapter Three

(Earlier this evening.)

The two women arrived at Dat Joint, dressed to kill. Starling was wearing a leopard print halter dress. A pair of pink party pumps made her shapely legs seem to go on for days, before disappearing under the skintight hem of the skirt clinging to the ample curves of her heart-shaped ass. Her crimson locks had been straightened, falling past her soft shoulders in tresses. It was not a subtle look, but Dat Joint was a divey bar that wanted desperately to be an upscale dance club. Dressing down would have made her stick out even more.

Likewise, Lacey was wearing sky high black heels with a matching microskirt which left next to nothing of her own elegant legs to the imagination. Her petite and perky breasts were wrapped in a beige tube top, so tight and so close to the color of her skin, that she might have looked topless at first glance. Her own slinky mane was pulled up in a smart bun, displaying her swanlike neck.

The bouncer at the door was not subtle about checking them out, letting his beady eyes slither all over Starling's hourglass curves before moving over to Lacey's tighter, more subtle figure. After checking their IDs (his eyes never so much as glancing at the plastic cards) they were ushered inside.

Starling wasn't happy about Lacey tagging along, but the brunette had insisted. One of her contacts had come through in a big way, giving her the info that Dat Joint was the central hub for Mendeleev meth. However, Lacey had insisted they go together to "scope the place out" and if it seemed legit, the Scarlet Dove could return on her own. Cleverly, the lesbian had also withheld any specifics until they arrived at the club, to ensure Starling could not cut her out.

There was not a lot of people there yet, but enough that they knew it would soon fill up. The bar just off the dance floor would be swamped all night, however, there was another bar and seating area in an adjacent room. The girls headed for this area, finding a spot that provided a good view of the entire place.

"Can I get you lovely ladies a drink?" asked the bartender. "Or are we waiting for the guys to start buying?"

Starling glanced at him, and smirked but before she could say anything, Lacey's arms coiled around her.

"This one's all mine, pal!" the lesbian proclaimed, there was a playful edge in her voice. "I'll be doing the buying...couple of cosmos, please!"

"Oh, I beg your pardon," he chuckled. "Comin' right up."

He was a good looking dirty blond with an easy smile, and began mixing the cocktails with the flourish of a classically trained bartender. Starling watched him a moment, then turned and scanned the rest of the club. Almost immediately she noticed half a dozen exchanges that could have been drug deals, awkward flirting, bad dancing or... who knows what else.

This might be trickier than I expected, she realized.

The bartender returned, setting down two drinks. "So, is it just the two of you tonight? Or meeting someone else?"

"Erm, a friend...meeting a friend," Starling replied.

"Hope it's another girl pretty as you two," he replied quickly.

Rolling her eyes, Starling giggled and took a sip of her cosmo... it was delicious and she took a bigger drink. "This is very good!"

He smiled, affecting a bow. "I take my craft seriously."

"Well, it shows."

He left them alone for a bit, tending to some of the other customers. Starling continued to watch the crowd. She wasn't sure what she was even looking for, just assumed she'd know it when she saw it. Unfortunately, as the crowd continued to grow, it became harder and harder to keep track of anyone, much less make sense of what they were doing.

Gawd, this is good, she thought draining her drink.

"I think I need to check out the premises a little more," Starling turned to Lacey.

"Okay, I'll come with you," the brunette said quickly.

"Actually, I need you to stay here," the red head countered. "You know parties better than me, see if you can figure anything out here...while I just take a look around the back."

Lacey chewed her lip unsurely for a second then nodded.

Starling wasted no time, slipping her cute round butt off the barstool and heading for the doors into the back area. She had also been watching the barback's come and go, so she was pretty sure the doors would be clear for just long enough for her to slip through.

"Where'd your friend go?" the bartender seemed to appear rather suddenly in front of Lacey.

"Bathroom," the brunette blinked. "Where else?"

"Ah. Another?"

"Mm, yes please!" Lacey said.

He began mixing right away, then grinned and added. "I'll make this one extra special for you."

Starling made her way through a double set of swinging doors, into the back of the club. She passed a darkened kitchen, wondering errantly when was the last time it had been used. Then she remembered seeing a food menu on the bar and her stomach did a little backflip of revulsion.

She continued down the hallway until it came to a fork. Hearing voices coming from the right, she quickly went down the left branch. Her heels click-clacked noisily, reminding her once more that women's fashion was not meant for stealth. The hall ended in a stairwell, but she ducked into the first door on her right. Behind her the voices had been coming closer, and she did not want her shoes to alert anyone to her presence.