The Shopping Trip

Story Info
A desperate wife meets an old girlfriend.
1.9k words
3.38
53k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Oswynne
Oswynne
10 Followers

Sara woke up wondering what smelled so bad. Then she knew...it was Billy, her high school sweetheart and husband. She had married him nine years ago, when he weighed 180 pounds. Now, he must be close to 270, all of it in the sagging gut that hung over his belt. She laughed to herself as she wondered if he could still see his shrunken little weenie when he went to the bathroom.

She was a pretty girl from a poor Southern family, what some folks call trailer trash. Sara was, however, anything but trash. She had worked her way through college, and now she supported the lump of flab that was smelling up the bedsheets. She had started her own book keeping business, and worked at a desk tucked into a corner of their living room. The rest of the room was crammed with tacky used furniture, old hunting trophies, and Billy's NASCAR memorabilia collection.

Billy was supposed to have taken over his dad's owner-operator trucking business, but he lost his CDL shortly after they married. A couple of DUI's had screwed that up. Since then, Billy divided his time between swilling beer with his friends and watching ESPN. About once a week a drunken Billy would demand a blow job or mount her like a deranged hippopotamus for what passed for sex. She read sappy dime-store novels for romantic diversion, and would sometimes masturbate while her heroic knight in armor was out drinking. Thankfully, they had no children. She took The Pill and let Billy think she was barren. The thought of breeding more Billies made her shiver. Such was Sara's so-called "life."

As the years went by, she often thought of why she stayed with Billy. She had grown up "churched" and was trapped in all of that holy love, honor, and obey business. Her religious background had taught her that everything was "God's plan," but she began to wonder if this God wasn't a sadistic voyeur who delighted in her suffering. Faith wasn't going to find Billy a job or satisfy her need for romance. She began to wonder if she deserved better.

Oh, well, she thought to herself, might as well get busy. She had promised herself some fashion shopping today so she could make a good impression on potential clients. As she stepped into the bathroom, she checked herself out in the mirror. Not bad, she thought. She wasn't a 16 year old cheerleader anymore, but at 27 she was a slim, mature woman with long, thick blond hair and a nice figure.

As she ran her hands over her body as she showered, she longed for the lean young athlete she had married. People change, she told herself. She had made a vow, and she was stuck with her choice. Or was she? Adultery was grounds for divorce, but an affair for her was out of the question. But what about Billy? No, that's a laugh, she thought. Nobody but a desperate hooker or half-blind bar slut would touch him. Dammit, she thought, there had to be a way out.

With a sigh of resignation she left Billy's beer allowance on the coffee table and headed off to the mall. She walked into an up-scale fashion shop that seemed appealing and started looking over the professional business attire on the racks. As she was checking out a smart-looking blue skirt suit, a voice came from behind, "No, that one isn't you."

She turned to see a tall, slender, raven-haired beauty of a woman smiling with one hand on her hip. "Jackie!" Sara exclaimed, "It's so good to see you!" Jackie had been Sara's Best Friend Forever in high school, but graduation, marriage, and careers had caused them to drift out of touch.

The two old friends hugged and giggled for a moment, and talked about what each of them were doing these days. They decided to head for the food court for some lunch and old times. Jackie listened to Sara's tale of misery, but when Sara mentioned looking for a way out Jackie cut her off abruptly.

"Billy was such a stupid jock in school. He'd be easy to set up for a trap." Jackie cooed with a tone of slyness. "When I found out Bobby was internet chat-cheating on me, I turned the tables on him and came out way ahead." Jackie gave Sara a coy little wink just for emphasis.

"I thought you caught Bobby on video with some internet floozy who turned out to be a hooker," Sara said.

Jackie gave Sara a mischievous smile and told her, "Yeah, the hooker I paid for!"

Sara's jaw dropped as Jackie continued, "The stupid ape really thought he had pulled a slick Don Juan act on a good-looking babe on his own!" Both girls shook with laughter, and then calmed down to a thoughtful silence.

"I could really do this? You think I could pull it off?" Sara whispered as she leaned forward. Jackie reached across the table and took Sara's hand.

"I'll help." Jackie whispered back. For a moment, their eyes met. Sara blinked and looked away. "Come over tonight after work. I have to go." Jackie said.

Jackie hurried off to her job at the bank, and Sara went back to the shop and picked out two new outfits. On the way home, she thought about her talk with Jackie. Then, she thought about Jackie. She was so strong, so confident, so happy, so...beautiful. "No!" Sara told herself out loud as she sat in traffic. She'd read plenty of novels that featured lesbian affairs, and some of them aroused her fantasies in a strange way, but she'd never thought of herself with another woman.

Reality greeted her ears as soon as she got home. As she opened the front door she heard the pop and whoosh of a beer can pull-tab and a loud fart. It could only mean Billy was finally awake.

"Where the hell you been at, woman?" came the usual tirade. "Git yer butt in here 'n fix me something to eat."

Sara thought to herself, "My hell is right here."

She worked at some book closings and did some tax forms till she heard Prince Charming's pick-up truck start and drive away. Then she went to the bathroom and freshened her makeup. For a brief second she asked herself why she was getting all prettied-up just to see another girl, but she banished the thought and headed for her friend's place.

She drove to Jackie's apartment complex with a strange, undefined feeling of danger mixed with anticipation, but when her friend greeted her at the door with a glass of chilled Pinot Noir, she felt suddenly at ease. Jackie's apartment was perfect., with a comfortable contemporary decor. Melissa Etheridge was playing softly on the expensive stereo.

When they were seated on the sofa, Jackie said, "I could make this happen for you tomorrow. The meth addict I hired for Bobby is willing to do the same job for another hundred bucks. She'll take him to a motel room with a hidden web-cam already running. We can watch it all by internet on my laptop."

"I'm not sure I want to watch a movie of something that grosses me out every night." Sara giggled, and Jackie laughed along with her. For a measly hundred bucks and a no-fault divorce filing, she could dump her sloppy redneck husband and get on with her life. "Ok," Sara sighed with resignation, "let's do this. Thank you so much for your help. You always were my best friend."

"No problem, hon. I've missed you all this time. I'm glad I can help you out of this situation. You'd better get going before that pig gets suspicious. Where does he usually hang out?", Jackie asked.

"That sleazy sports bar down on Route 52. The one with the demolition derby cars out front." Sara replied.

Jackie laughed. "OK, sweetie, meet me here at eight tomorrow night. This is gonna be fun."

Jackie walked Sara to the door. Sara turned and thanked Jackie again. Jackie just stood there for a moment gazing into Sara's eyes. This time Sara didn't blink. Jackie's hand brushed Sara's cheek and Sara shuddered and quickly walked away. Jackie shut the door and leaned with her back against it, smiling.

The next evening, Sara reminded Billy of the extended happy hour at the bar that night. She knew he couldn't pass up nickel beers. He'd be there.

She headed over to Jackie's as soon as Billy drove off. Jackie had a bottle of tequila and a plate of fresh chopped limes on the coffee table next to her laptop. The two of them giggled like school girls who had just put a love note in a boy's locker and sat down to watch the show.

"The motel has wireless internet." Jackie explained as she poured the first shooters. They chatted and made jokes while they waited, putting a fair dent in the bottle on the table. Finally, two shadowy figures appeared in the grainy video feed. The two women sat close together and leaned forward to watch the show.

The time stamp on the video feed said 9:46 as the two figures came into focus. There was Billy with his hands all over an anorexic-looking woman in red spandex and stiletto heels. All of a sudden, Billy pushed the woman to the floor and walked out of view. The girl stood up and appeared to be screaming something when Billy reappeared with a shotgun and fired twice into the woman's abdomen.

Jackie and Sara watched in silent horror, not believing their eyes, as the the lifeless prostitute flew backwards with the impact of the shots and slid to the floor. Billy seemed to just stare at her with the gun in his hands when his head turned toward the motel room door and he swung the shotgun around. Sara screamed as she watched Billy's head explode from what turned out to be a policeman's bullet. Two cops came into view on the screen, checking the lifeless forms on the floor. A few minutes later, more cops and some paramedics showed up. Jackie switched off the screen, with a dismayed, "Oh my God!"

Sara was in tears, with her head resting in Jackie's lap. She sobbed uncontrollably as Jackie stroked her hair. This wasn't exactly how it was supposed to happen.

Jackie poured them another shot, and the two women sat silently, each lost in their own thoughts. Sara felt terrible about that poor woman, but strangely, she felt nothing about Billy. Nothing.

Sara's cell phone rang, and she struggled to compose herself before answering. "Hello?"

It was the county coroner. He had some bad news. Her husband had been involved in a shooting. Could she please come by in the morning to positively identify the body?

The call seemed to calm Sara down. "What a mess!" she thought out loud. "Now what?"

Jackie had all the answers. She was so in control now, so cool, so...strong. "There will be a coroner's inquest, I suppose. It looked like Billy argued with the girl and killed her, and then the cops showed up. Looks like he pointed his gun at the cops, and bang! All his fault. No witnesses, no charges, just a funeral and some formalities. You did it, babe! You're free!" Jackie grinned.

Sara didn't resist as Jackie leaned forward and softly kissed Sara on the lips. As they kissed, Jackie's soft hand glided up Sara's thigh to her tummy and then to her breast. Sara sat enraptured for a moment as the pure joy of Jackie's kiss and the pleasure of Jackie's touch coursed through her body like a drug. She reached out to pull Jackie down on top of her on the couch, and finally replied with a smile, "No, I'm not."

Oswynne
Oswynne
10 Followers