The Sins of the Fathers Ch. 21

Story Info
Dads talk, 'Mano a Mano', about the girls' summer, so far!
13.2k words
4.64
26k
28

Part 21 of the 30 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/04/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***** Enjoy!

STARBUCKS COFFEE DATE

Across town, Jack stirred as well. Propping himself up on one arm, he sat up in bed and just lay there for several minutes, leisurely examining the small form in bed next to him. "God-damned nice ass," he sighed contentedly. Cursorily, he glanced around; clothing flung here and there, linen and pillows littering the floor--a total disaster. The fact that the whole damn place looked like it'd been hit by a cyclone, merely added to his pleasure. Now, that's what I call epic fucking! I do believe my luck has changed.

Happy, he bent over and gave that 'nice ass' a gentle bite, followed by a kiss. In turn, she simply purred like a kitten, "Mmm...."

He whispered in her sleeping ear, "Coffee, downstairs. When you're ready."

He grabbed a pair of boxers and padded across the room to the shower. Once he was clean, he headed straight for the kitchen.

A few cranks of the hand grinder, some scalding water, and a press of the stainless plunger. Voila! Le great coffee.

He sat down, taking a sip of the brew. His forehead got sweaty. Okay, just about the right strength. He picked up the small flip-phone from the table. Almost hesitating, he tapped in Jennifer's cell number.

It rang once, she picked up.

"Jack?"

"Yeah, it's me. I know it's been a while; but, I think that maybe we need to talk."

"Is this about the case? You know, what's his name, 'Bad Dad', Paul Traynor?"

"Hey, don't call our client 'Bad Dad'," Jack interjected.

"He's not my client."

"No, it's not about the guy and his daughter--not about the case. Well, maybe, about 'a guy and his daughter'; because, you and I probably need to talk about Nicole."

"Nikki and you?"

"No," he stalled for a second, "we're good." Definitely not going to be talking about that!

"What is it then?"

"Nicole's just going through a lot of changes. A lot of new experiences this summer. And, part of that is boys; on second thought, make that men. Alcohol, dancing ... well okay, I'll grant you that those two things may be my problem; but, there have also been changes in how she and MacKenzie are relating. I thought ... maybe ..." He delayed, hoping she'd interrupt him and solve this word-puzzle for him.

Jennifer waited. When the silence started to get uncomfortable, she reminded him, "Jack, you thought—what?" Say the words, Jack. Just say the words!

"Maybe, would you ... maybe, you would like to go out for coffee?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?" That actually surprised her. Jack, you're so out of practice at this!

"Yes. Well, no; I mean ... yes, I know you're spoken for. By the way, how's Dr. Sam?" Jesus, when's the last time I asked someone out on a date, even a freaking coffee date? I gotta start getting out more often.

Jenn laughed; it was still a friendly laugh. "Well, right now she's all ears!"

"Put us on speaker, Jenn."

She did. Jack hit the speaker button on the flip phone and laid it on the breakfast bar so he could drink his coffee and talk at the same time. I need fucking coffee if I am gonna talk to Samantha Green.

"Hey Sam ..."

"Jack."

"I'm trying to steal your woman." Jack could almost sense Samantha Green's eyebrow arching.

"Really?"

"I just asked Jennifer if she would come out to coffee with me. I need to talk with her about Nikki."

"Oh, okay. Nikki's how old now--eighteen? And, she just finished four years at the Immaculate Deception Academy." Dr. Sam laughed. "This is the first summer when she isn't going back to an all- girls' school in the fall. I bet you do need to talk."

Jack frowned. Somehow, the conversation had become a threesome. "Yeah, it started with Nikki's first reminder to me a couple of weeks ago that she's not a 'girl' anymore. Apparently, now she's a 'young woman'."

Sam intervened, "Jack, you don't have to share all of this with me, if you don't want to. Jennifer doesn't need my permission to see a friend. I don't own her, Jack. Never did. She's not mine to give."

Jessica shuffled into the kitchen, perpetually naked. She bent over, kissing Jack and mumbling, "Coffee? For the love of God, coffee!"

He pointed at the French Press coffeemaker, setting over on the countertop.

Jennifer asked, "Was that Nikki?"

Oh shit! Jack panicked, barely managing to to keep his cool. "No, Nikki's at Mac's. It's a ..." he desperately groped for just the right term for the relationship. Is there a relationship? Good question. Is this one night or more? Is it just a series of one-night stands? Am I just working out my stresses here or is there more?

Sam supplied the obvious answer. "Girl, woman, young woman, maid, lady of the night? Pick one, 'cause you are soooo busted."

Since they were talking about her, Jessica spoke right up, "Young woman, friend, maybe lover. He hasn't decided yet; and, my name's Jessica, LADIES!"

Jack cringed, Ouch!

"Ouch!" Dr. Sam echoed his thoughts, "Down, kitty!"

"Jessica, this is Jennifer--Nikki's mom."

"Hi."

"And Dr. Sam ... she's ..."

"Come on, Jack, I know it's challenging. Find the right word, lawyer!" Sam nailed him.

"Jennifer's friend, lover, and quite significant 'other'."

"Hello, Jessica."

"Hey all! Jack, do you want me to wait for you in bed?" Chew on that ex-wife lesbian and 'highly significant other'.

Ouch, again! he thought, but dare not speak.

"No, stay," Jack told her.

Jennifer reentered the fray. "I'd love to have coffee. Nikki's 'our' child and, maybe, you're right. Is your concern the Birds and Bees thing, growing up, sex?"

"Can we talk in person, Jennifer?"

"When, Jack?"

There was whispering in the background. "Jack, Sam says that even though she doesn't own me; I'm free right now, if you have time. She also reminded me to remind you that she loves Nikki, too. And, that child development is kind of her thing. She wants to know if you want to make it a ...?"

"Threesome?" Sam added over the still-open speaker phone.

Jack had to smile, Of all the words in all the world, why did she have to chose that one? But, he already knew; he'd always admired Sam's quick wit and devastating sense of humor.

"I was going to say, 'coffee date'! You know, actually, I'd like that. Maybe it's time we all talked again. Sam, I'd like to invite you to coffee with us."

"We'd love to join you for coffee, Jack." Dr. Sam never gave an inch.

"Then, we will be three." Jack said. "See you both in about an hour. Starbucks by the marina."

Jack hit the End Call button and looked across the table. There was an extremely unhappy young woman, leaning on her elbows across from him. She sipped her coffee; but, the eyes above the brim of the cup were hotter than the coffee itself. They were also hurt eyes.

Shit! Shit! Shit! He cleared his throat. "Look, ex-wife, child problems, really family stuff."

The eyes didn't falter.

"Can I purchase a temporary forgiveness?"

He put his hand out for hers on the table. It remained empty and lonely, out there on the table all by itself.

"I was thinking maybe, you might like to go out on a date.?"

The eyes did not waiver, but she spoke, "A real date?"

"Yes, a real date."

Silence. Then, "Where?"

Where, indeed? he thought. Finally, a tiny light bulb finally popped on in his head.

Jessica could almost see it happening. Hmm! Interesting-er and interesting-er.

"Have you ever been to The Inferno?"

"No." Her smile, or rather its absence, didn't falter; but, the eyes are the windows to the soul. They dilated at the thought of 'The Inferno'.

"Jack, I'm a college student, and poor. I don't have a ..."

He supplied, "... a dress sexy enough, good enough for The Inferno."

She nodded. Those sleepy, sexy eyes were wide awake now.

"I'll buy you a dress."

She slipped in quickly, "And shoes, a hair styling, and a visit to a salon."

He asked, "Purse, panties, bra?"

"I don't think so, but we'll see."

"So, is that a short-term forgiveness?"

"No, that's a 'Yes'; I'll go to The Inferno with you on a real date." She slipped her hand into his on the table, intertwining their fingers and squeezing gently. "No forgiveness is necessary, as long as you tell me absolutely everything that happens at coffee."

He smiled. "I promise."

"Now, get out of here and go to coffee," she was all efficiency, "so you can get back and take me shopping."

"Do you want me to just give you a credit card?"

"No. Then, you wouldn't get to watch me try stuff on."

"You're right, I'd better get going. I'll call you as soon as I'm headed home."

As she stood to kiss him 'goodbye', he held her face in his hands for a few seconds longer. "And, just so you know, I've decided. It's 'friend and lover'."

She just stood there naked as he strode towards the door. But, he turned and looked at her. "Surprised you?"

She shook her head No, but it slowly became a Yes.

He smiled. It was a good smile. And, then he was gone.

When Jack walked into the Starbucks, he spotted them immediately. Dr. Sam always lit a room. She was red-headed, large-breasted, big-boned but well-proportioned. Well-kept, healthy, and radiated sexual heat. Jennifer was Jennifer. They'd grabbed an outside table, shaded and away from everyone.

He waved to them, then approached the counter and placed his order. "Mocha Latte with spanked-cream on top and kissed with a shot of Grand Marnier!"

"Certainly, sir, coming right up!" the perky little barista spieled back to him. Evidently, the young woman took her Starbucks' training seriously; she made it obvious that 'her work went beyond handcrafting a perfectly-made beverage; it was about creating a human connection with every customer'.

When the coffee was almost done and in the cup, she looked up at Jack. "How would you like your cream 'spanked', sir?"

Jack wanted to groan, but politely replied, "By hand, please. Nothing out of a Reddi-whip can."

Smiling, she added some heavy whipping cream to a small canister with a small amount of powdered

sugar. She watched Jack as she twisted the lid on and shook the mixture briskly. When the 'spanking' was finished, she quickly added a CO2 cartridge to the top of the container and twisted. There was a quick hiss as it pressurized.

She clicked her tongue at Jack. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, so old-fashioned. My grampa still calls it 'spanked- cream' too, when he and I have coffee together. But, at Grampa's house, I have to use my hand to spank his cream ... he doesn't have an electric blender." She licked a touch of the cream. "This is sweeter than his."

He was still looking over his shoulder as he started to the table. Did that young girl just hit on me?

"You look lovely." Jack said, taking a seat across from Jennifer. "Just beautiful."

"She is, isn't she?" Jennifer motioned to Samantha.

"Dr. Sam, as always, you're fucking gorgeous," he added.

"Nice cover, Jack!" Samantha laughed and a gave him a genuine smile.

Skipping over the other pleasantries, Jack got right to the point. "Can we talk about Nikki?"

"Sure."

Jack laid out the short version, as he knew it.

Dr. Sam asked the first question. "You said her relationship with MacKenzie had changed. How?"

Jennifer inserted, "Have she and MacKenzie had a falling-out, fight, disagreement?"

"No," Jack hedged, "Actually the opposite, they're 'closer' than ever."

Two voices spoke as one, "Closer?"

Increasingly nervous, Jack clarified, "Yes, 'closer'! Abruptly, he set his cup down and stared into it. Either he was meditating or a fly had fallen into it. Perhaps, he was thinking about how cream gets spanked. Whatever it was, he could not and would not lift his eyes to look at the women.

"As in?" Sam probed.

Neither woman failed to notice Jack's acute sense of discomfort, but it was Jennifer who started the cross-examination, "Okay, Jack, let's see if we can give this fear a name. 'Closer' hmmm. I know, let's play fifty-questions. Do they still spend nights at your house?"

"Yes."

"Do they both sleep in Nikki's room?"

"Yes."

"Same bed."

"Yes."

Dr. Sam asked, "Jammies?"

"I ... don't think so."

"You don't think so? Don't you know what your daughter wears to bed?"

"Look, I don't tuck them in. Okay?" Not exactly true, but hey, lawyers have to deal in half-truths all the time.

"Is it a big bed?" Dr. Sam asked.

"No."

Samantha laughed; Jennifer turned to her. "What?!"

"He's worried about his daughter ... oops, I'm sorry. He's worried about your daughter, being 'closer' than ever with her best friend. You know, 'C-L-O-S-E-R'!"

Once the meaning of Sam's revelation finally sunk in, Jenn's jaw dropped in astonishment. Wide-eyed, she just sat there staring at the man she'd been married to for fourteen years. You're the father of my daughter. You're one of the two great loves of my life, but you're still such a fucking 'guy'.

She couldn't resist the opening. "You know, Jack," she needled him, pointing at herself and Samantha, "we don't wear jammies either. We sleep together in the same bed, and she spends nights at my house, overnights. And, well, we're really close." She leaned into Jack. "Really, really CLOSE!"

"Jesus, Jenn ... " he stammered. Nonetheless, he thought about the image. God, you're still beautiful. You two are both fucking beautiful!

Sam came to the rescue. "Jennifer, Jack ...." She actually took a hand of each and spoke to both, "They're eighteen-years-old, best friends since birth, and held captive in a Catholic Academy in their teens. Of course, the first time they get any freedom, they're going to act on impulses as they arise. It doesn't mean anything. It's actually a sign that, in spite of being strictly indoctrinated for years, they've survived the rigors of a Catholic Girls School education."

Dr. Sam squeezed Jennifer's hand, but looked at Jack, "We aren't born lesbians, Jack; we're born to love another. Sometimes 'the other' is a woman. It won't hurt them. They haven't decided anything yet. But, since they were raised together, they count on each other; and, because of that, they can play safely. They're playing with people, who they know won't hurt them! They're using use each other to learn things: the secret things, powerful things that adults won't tell them. Does any of that make sense to you? Does it fit the behaviors you're seeing?"

Samantha looked at Jack. Okay, he actually gets it.

After that, it took a surprisingly short amount of time to reach agreement that Nikki needed to talk to another woman. That woman needed to be Jennifer.

Jack still had a half-cup of warm coffee when Jennifer offered, "I'll call Nikki and see if she wants to come out to the 'river house' and spend some time. But, you need to prepare her for the call. Just tell her I'll be calling."

"Okay."

"Jack, I may have to tell her about my dad and me." Yeah, it may just finally be time to get this done.

"I know."

"Does she know about Spencer, you, and me?"

"No, I don't think so." I don't know, but I don't think she knows. How could she?

"You don't think so?" What the fuck does that mean? You either told her or you didn't!

"I haven't told her about Spencer and us. But, she and Mac share everything, and I mean quite literally everything. I don't think MacKenzie knows. So, if you tell Nikki, just understand that you may also be telling MacKenzie."

Jennifer looked at Dr. Sam; Samantha shrugged, then nodded.

Jack took Jennifer's hand in his; then, before Sam could object, he quickly took her hand as well. He spoke warmly, sincerely. First looking to Jennifer, he said, "I love you," then to Samantha, "I love you both!"

After he left, Jenn and Sam just sat there in silence for a couple of minutes. Finally, Sam merely chuckled softly. "Well, that's a first."

Striding back across Starbucks' parking lot, Jack was feeling mighty good about himself. That could have been such a clusterfuck; but, it went pretty damn well! Damn! I rule!

Like most attorneys, Jack Grant prided himself on not missing much. Hell, Jack prided himself on never missing anything important. Hubris! An ancient Greek term meaning pride; and, considered by tragedians, a fatal flaw in a human being. Pride! Also mentioned in the Old Testament, Proverbs 16:18 (loosely translated) as 'Pride goeth before the fall'. And, to make matters worse, theologically it's listed a one of The Seven Deadly Sins, the kind that get one damned for all eternity. All in all, it's hazardous to one's health in this world and the next.

Just now, at coffee, Jack had missed the two simple items--identical wedding bands. One was one Jennifer's finger and the other on Dr. Samantha Green's. He'd have probably caught the oversight, if he'd noticed that the ring Jennifer was wearing wasn't the one he'd bought her almost twenty-years ago. It no longer matched the one on his right hand. But, perhaps, it was just because he had other things on his mind.

As Jack fired up the Jeep, his phone beeped again. He flipped it open and put it to his ear.

"Jack, it's Spencer. Can you come get Nicole?" Please, before this gets any worse.

"Not a problem. I'm at Starbucks with her mom and Dr. Sam. Give me fifteen minutes and I should be there."

"See you then. And, Jack, do you have a few minutes to talk?"

He thought of Jessica, but Spencer never asked to talk if it wasn't important. "I'll make the time."

"How was the Star Trekathon?" Spencer smiled.

Jack laughed. "I don't think I have the stamina to watch more than seven hours of 'Star Trek'. I can barely move."

As he slipped the Jeep into gear, he hit speed-dial for 'Just Jessica', "Hey, something came up. How about tomorrow afternoon for the shopping trip? I'll take the whole afternoon off, so we don't have to hurry."

"Is it the girls?"

"Yeah, I think they damaged Uncle Spencer last night. I have to go get Nicole and make sure he's okay. Maybe it's just his ego that needs repair after their first clubbing adventure. I'm not sure Spencer has had as much experience with them as I am." Shit, that's an odd way to phrase that.

"Alright, but how about 10 a,m., 'cause I have to work tomorrow night."

"10 a.m. it is. I'll take the whole day off then. That way we won't have to hurry."

As Jack parked the Jeep, Spencer met him outside. Spencer looked worried and extremely tired.

"Hey, Spencer, what's up? Where's Nicole?"

Spence nodded towards the house. "They're trying on each others new clothes. Jesus, Jack you have to see those dresses. And, their new looks." Fuck, they're freaking shit hot!

"So, did you survive? I vaguely remember a call, a sort of SOS yesterday afternoon. How'd their night-out go?"

Totally frazzled, Spencer glared at Jack. "Did I survive? Oh, their night-out went fine. It's the rest of the night that we may need to talk about. Let's go get something to drink."

"Coffee? I think I've had my limit. Any more and you'll have to pry me off the ceiling."

"No, not coffee. I was thinking whiskey." Yep, definitely whiskey.

"Spencer, it's 10 am?!" When did you start drinking before lunch?

"Trust me! We're gonna need the fucking whiskey."

Jack took a seat on the couch as Spencer went to get the bottle. An unidentifiable bass-beat music floated down the hall from MacKenzie's room. Spencer reentered with the two glasses and a bottle.

He poured each a shot. His never even made it to the table. One down!

As Jack sat back, his brow wrinkled. Hard liquor, whiskey-level discussions between them had always been about sex. The last time we sat like this was after the first night with Jennifer. That's a long time ago.