The Slippery Slope

Story Info
New neighbor moves in and we go down the slippery slope.
3.8k words
4.38
27.2k
11
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We had no idea where this might lead although we both felt we were on a slippery slope. Yet it was a slippery slope of our own making and we both knew the next step would place us on the cusp of the slide, the point of no return. Hand in hand we took one more step.

Who are we? We are two humans on a path to one of two destinations. One destination means our union, the other our destruction. There is a third possibility of union then destruction because of our union. We are not blind to the outcomes and take our path with complete resignation.

We stare at the horizon trying to glimpse what we can't see over the horizon. With no further delay, we leapt onto the slippery slope. We sighed in unison as we felt our bodies mold to the other. We became one body in an instant of desire, lust, and passion. We felt our bodies reaching our mutual release until we cried out in one voice. We had more love to make before we reached complete satisfaction.

Who gave whom more satisfaction? Were we in some kind of contest? Our bodies gyrated in pleasure, each touch releasing energy driving us toward a new goal. We were a tangle of legs and arms trying draw us more tightly together. We reached a new peak and slid more deeply down our slippery slope.

Onward our desire drove us. Where were we getting the fuel for our drive, how much longer will the fuel last, when will we reach the next stop? The next stop came sooner than we expected propelled by a third mutual release. We reached the junction of gone too far and a long way to go.

I wish foresight were as clear as hindsight.

**********

I watched as my long time neighbors loaded a moving van with the few things they decided to keep after selling off their property and deciding to retire. I knew I would miss our over the fence talks. I was in envy that they were off on an adventure that I still only dreamed of or dreamt for. A final good bye and they were off.

The next couple months saw their empty house a flurry of activity. Trades people filed in and out as extensive remodeling transformed their mid seventies ranch into something more modern and open. I still hadn't met the new owners.

My home is a cookie cutter ranch that the 70s fell in love with. Although I've updated and modernized, it is still a cookie cutter ranch. I guess, I'm kind of cookie cutter also.

I have a traditional job and make traditional money. Fortunately, I fell into an inheritance a few years ago that I reinvested in growth markets and have a nice bundle set aside for my retirement to come -- in maybe 15 years. In the mean time, I live a simple single life.

I was married once. I learned from that experience and have avoided love interests ever since. Listen, I do get out and I do dip my wick regularly with no strings attached. I do have one or two friends with benefits but only when it is safe for both of us. I prefer being discreet for myself and for my lady friends.

In most every way, I am an average almost 50-year-old male in fair shape, a little girth where my waist used to be. I'm just over six feet tall with light brown hair that gets much lighter in the summer sun. My name is Bert. No Bert and Ernie jokes, I don't go that way.

**********

The contractor doing all the reno work saw me outside a couple days ago and told me my new neighbor would move in in less than a week. Throughout the reno, he let me see some of the progress. The new neighbor decorated and furnished with all new furniture in a very stylish pallet of color and accents.

The contractor said he didn't know the new owner receiving instructions by email through a local property manager. I was on my own to make friends with whoever moved in.

As Friday rolled around, my new neighbor pulled into the drive in the evening after working hours. I like sitting on my porch evenings a sipping on a beer, maybe listening to some jazz and reading the paper or a book. I immediately noticed the new car, showroom new, pull up.

There was a single person behind the wheel and didn't appear anyone else. I made a point to wave and smile as I rose from my lounge chair and saunter toward the new neighbor.

A very attractive woman in her late twenties or early thirties smiled back and waved. Her car wasn't packed for moving but since the reno and all new furnishings, it made since she only had her clothes packed.

"Hi, I'm Bert, next door. You are my new neighbor?"

"I wasn't expecting a welcoming committee and I am glad to see I get one. I'm Sara your new neighbor." She exited her car and extended a hand. I accepted with enthusiasm. "Does the welcoming committee also help with a few bags?"

"Very pleased to meet you Sara." I wanted to jump right into questions about husbands and children and noticed a ring less finger on the left hand. "Yes, a hand with bags is highly likely and an invitation to come over for a beer and snacks later if you like."

"After three days behind the wheel driving from northern Maine, I would not like a beer and snacks, I'd love it."

We gathered her bags for two trips in, out, and back in. I explained how her contractor let me see some of the work in progress and how well it turned out. "I need your skills to make my place look better. I think it wreaks of single man."

Sara picked up on the single man with her reply, "Single, oh my lucky day. Not even in my house thirty minutes and I learn I have a single neighbor. How will he take to having a single younger woman living next door?"

"How about that beer, or maybe wine if you prefer?"

"Hell, yes! And, beer is fine."

We walked next door where Sara took a seat while I got a couple cold beers and more snacks. "I brew my own beer and it is a bit strong, close to 15 percent. It might hit you hard after a long drive."

"Single neighbor, brews his own beer, how lucky can a girl get."

Oh how much I wanted to ask, "How lucky do you want to get?" I didn't step into that breech saying only how lucky I was to discover a new single neighbor.

"Bert, you really are a gentleman. I expected a more forward reply."

"Okay, got me, I did think it." The fact was, Sara was a very attractive woman who kept herself looking fit and attractive.

"Good to know your eye sight is fine. This beer is phenomenal! And, thank you for not saying what you were thinking. It is not easy being 31 and single."

"Ain't real easy being 50 and single. If you'll allow one indiscretion, you do add an attractive feature to the neighborhood."

"One indiscretion allowed and one or two more occasionally will go a long way."

Sara stayed for two beers before saying she needed to get home to unpack and wash the road grime away. "Let me walk you home, Sara."

When we reached her door, I said my good bye with another welcome to the neighborhood. Sara smiled, gave me something of an unchaste hug and a light kiss on the lips.

"Can we talk more tomorrow, Bert? You've made me feel very welcome and comfortable."

"With pleasure, Sara. I'll have coffee ready anytime after 8:00. I do watch some of the renovation programs on Saturday mornings, always looking for ideas."

"Coffee at eight it is. See you tomorrow."

**********

The rest of the evening passed quickly. I did some cleaning and freshening the living room and kitchen. The main bathroom needed sprucing up since it rarely gets used. I even spent extra time running the vacuum over the carpets. I realized that I didn't put this much effort into cleaning up for other dates.

Saturday morning arrived and my usual unshaven face sparkled with a clean shave. I showered and dressed in my finest Saturday shorts and knit shirt. I guess I wanted to make a good second first impression.

The slider off the kitchen was open although I expected Sara at the front door. When I heard someone walking up the steps to the deck, I turned to see Sara wearing something similar to me. That frightened me; we couldn't already be mind syncing.

"I hope you don't mind me using the back door. Friends should be informal. I bet you had some good tongue wags over the fence with your old neighbor."

"That we did but I sense many more tongue wags to come." Wait a minute, was that a sexual innuendo? "Coffee is ready, kitchen or deck?"

"Fresh air and morning sun sounds good with hot coffee and a warm new friend." Sara's smile was more sunshine than a universe of suns could produce and I knew Sara was going to be a very welcome neighbor.

"Bert, I'm being forward but I want to know, why is a nice guy like you single? I feel comfortable with you already and can't believe my luck in neighbors. You're not bad to look at either."

"Well, now, don't I feel all a blush?" Truth was, I was blushing and Sara saw it.

"You are blushing, Bert. Now I'm feeling like a nervous school girl." Sara sat softly on the chase lounge and took her coffee.

"If it makes you feel better, I feel like a nervous school boy with the queen of the prom."

"Bert, I was the prom queen." Sara bowed her head with a coy smile on her lips.

"I bet you were radiant in your prom dress and the prettiest bell at the ball." Another innuendo?

"Are you going to answer me, Bert?"

How much does Sara need to know or want to know my mind chased around finding an answer. "I was not single always. There was a wife at one time; however, things didn't end the way they started. So, for about 15 years, I have stayed single. Date occasionally, but for the most part I am single and enjoying myself. It wasn't a pretty divorce."

Sara listened as my words touched her in some way. She sipped on her coffee as if digesting my first personal revelation.

"Your turn, Sara. Why is an attractive woman, young and fit living alone?"

A sad look came to Sara's face and she seemed to slump on the lounger, "The trophy lost its luster." I noted a tear well up in her eye. "The house next door is my entry to a new life."

"Welcome to your new life, Sara." I cautiously sat opposite Sara on the same lounger, reached a hand to grasp hers. "Your luster shines for me."

The smile returned to Sara's face as she answered, "You're just saying that because I'm the new neighbor."

"Well, yes, and that I do think you are attractive. But I've only seen the drive tired and morning bright Sara. We will surely have many more cups of coffee together." After our mutual revelations, coffee mornings sounded like medicine for the hurt. We didn't break our handhold.

"What kind of work do you do, Bert?" Sara stirred us back to reality and getting acquainted. We refilled our coffees.

"I do freelance writing for a couple publications and I do financial research for some investment brokerages. Nothing exciting but I get to work from home and keep the overhead low. What are your plans for now?"

"I want to get settled then after a couple weeks, I'll start reviving my small business, stationary, cards, paper, special occasion stuff. Let's me work from home and keep the overhead low."

"If you're home everyday and I'm home everyday, let's make morning coffee a regular habit." I wasn't sure if I was being neighborly or was I truly smitten with Sara. "The country club has a Saturday brunch. If you're up for it, want to join me?"

"Country club," Sara gasped. "These aren't country club clothes. I have to change and put on some make up!"

"The annual ball is next month. Saturday brunch is today. This is how I'm going."

Sara stared at me with a sweet coy smile and twinkle in her eyes. "Is this our first date, Bert?"

I returned her smile with a simple answer, "No, our second. Coffee on the deck was our first. All you need is a clutch or purse. The motorcycle is in the garage."

The first signs of real excitement spread across Sara's face as she jumped up, slammed down the last of her coffee. "Motorcycle! I'll be back in 30 seconds! Well, it may take a minute or two."

"I have helmets for us. Meet me in front when you are ready."

Sara dashed off and the male in me watched her move across the yards to her house. Attractive, fit, intelligent, and pure sexy, I thought to myself. What kind of loser would say her luster is tarnished?

I have a 1961 Harley V-twin that rides smooth. The Harley purest would hate that I have the pipes baffled but I am just not into loud pipes. With the bike parked in the drive, I waited for Sara.

It was more like 20 minutes before she reappeared and worth the wait. She literally skipped across the lawn with her hair pulled back ready to put on a helmet. She hadn't changed clothes, yet it was obvious she made some adjustments to her face with some make up and other refreshments women do. Yep, I thought to myself again, pure sexy.

"I should have guessed that you would use the female two or three minutes rather than the male version."

"I kept you waiting, poor baby."

"I think I might get used to my new neighbor and waiting for her."

"Come on! Let's get all Steppenwolf! Get your motor running!"

"You are a bundle of surprises, even know the sixties."

While Sara adjusted her helmet, I put down the rear foot pegs and got on. Sara stepped on the pegs like a seasoned rider, swung around and sat lightly behind me. As the engine came to life, Sara hugged herself to me.

Her legs caressed mine, her thighs were tight against back on the raised rear seat, and her breasts pressed into my back. As soon as we hit the street, she hugged herself tighter with her arms wrapped low around my torso. The almost twenty years between us was just a number. I knew that soon there would be more than morning coffee occurring. I sensed Sara knew it too. I took the long way to the country club.

**********

I parked the bike and Sara quickly spun off, pulled helmet off and shook out her hair. I followed just as quickly and we hung out helmets on the handlebars. Not missing a beat, Sara took my hand in hers as we walked across the lot to the door.

"Thank you, Bert. I feel new life filling me." Sara leaned closer as we walked.

I felt something different as well. This lovely woman whom I've known for less than a day had a hold on me hard to explain. She gave me joy I hadn't felt for a long time.

"You must be contagious, Sara." My meaning did not escape her hearing; she gripped my hand more tightly, kissed the fingers of her free hand and placed them on my lips. I kissed her fingers and she brought them back to her lips. Our first kiss, so to speak.

The brunch buffet line was full with a mix of breakfast and lunch choices and Sara amazed me with her plate full. "I've been driving for three days eating little, stopping seldom, just so I could get here to meet my new neighbor. I'm famished!"

The smile on my face followed with a, "You go girl," made us both laugh.

Brunch was good and many of my friends inquired about my new neighbor and there were many introductions. One lady friend quickly observed how perfect Sara seemed to be for me, words that did not elude either of us.

The country club is on the edge of a state park and nature preserve with walking access to nature trails. Sara suggested we have a walk and see the sights. With three trails for choices, Sara picked the intermediate trail, a two-mile walk if we went the full length.

"What a lovely place, Bert." Sara pulled a small camera from her pocket and snapped a couple pics. "Inspiration and ideas for my business when I'm ready. Stand over there," Sara pointed to the trailhead sign, "I need to get you in my view finder."

I could not avoid making the reply that I think we both needed to hear said, "I don't need a camera to get you in my view finder."

Sara said nothing, only smiled, took my hand and led me down the trail.

We walked at a leisurely pace holding hands and chatting about nothing when we came to an undeveloped trail marked with a caution, "Unmaintained trail, use at your own risk."

"I want to come back here when I'm in long pants, that trail looks interesting," Sara commented.

"There is a marshy clearing down the path where water foul nest. But there are a lot of brambles and nettles before getting there." I explained hiking these trails in past years with friends. I told Sara honestly, a couple were old girl friends.

"Well then, the next time you walk down that path take your young girl friend with you." I felt Sara's hand tighten in mine as she spun her body to face mine.

Her next move could have been scripted for a movie. With her free arm, Sara embraced me around the waist, crushed her body against me, and kissed me hard. I responded with equal passion as our mouths opened and our tongues dueled.

"From new neighbor to young girl friend in less than 24 hours. Welcome to the neighborhood, Sara." We kissed again to seal the deal.

**********

Sara and I spent many hours together the first month after her move in. During those days and evenings, we learned much about the other's habits, likes, and dislikes. Sara learned my work schedule and stayed away when I was busy. When I wasn't busy, she and I were together.

Our lives began revolving around each other and since that first kiss many more kisses passed between us. Even though we were adults, we behaved like teens, necked and petted much, yet we never "went all the way."

On the Friday of our one-month anniversary, yes I remembered, we had dinner together at Sara's. The conversation was light and dealt more with mundane subjects than our budding relationship.

"Bert, I'm well settled now and think it is time to get my business underway again." Sara seemed tentative about her statement.

"Sara, are you making a statement or trying to convince yourself? You seem unsure."

Sara's lips began to quiver and a tear welled up in her eyes. "My work is what my luster tarnish. I was a workingwoman not a trophy woman. I am frightened because..." Sara didn't finish her sentence.

The air was charged with what I knew Sara wanted to say. I said it for her. "Sara, I love you, too, and in love with you."

The well of tears overflowed and Sara ran from the room hiding in her bedroom. She cried out deep sobs for many minutes. I wanted to comfort her but I respected her bedroom and stayed out unless she asked me to come in.

"Sara, I can leave if you want." I didn't want to leave but also wanted Sara to have her space. If she hadn't wanted to express her love maybe I pushed to far.

Sara shouted, a voice I never heard from her, "No! I don't want you to go, I want you to love me. Please come in, Bert."

I opened the door to what I found the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen. Her red swollen cried out eyes and makeup a mess, Sara looked electrified, fully charged. I approached cautiously noticing everything, not saying a word. I stopped just inches short of her bed and waited.

"Bert, make love with me." Sara's voice was soft as though she was just as cautious about this next move as was I.

"Sara, there is nothing I want more than making love with you. Ever since the first motorcycle ride and after the first kiss, I knew you were right for me. Tell me what you want, at your pace."

"I want my man to feel me. I want to feel my man. I want to know the power of love and feel my luster shining." Sara gestured for me to lie with her.

I lost all restraint as I lay across her bed with her. We quickly became entangled in the other as shreds of clothing disappeared from our bodies. Gasps and moans exited our excited mouths as we kissed and groped finding new unexplored ways to give the other pleasure.

Our bodies fully naked and more than fully aroused meshed together. My cock found Sara's waiting labia and pushed past into her shivering body. The pleasure we received was intense as Sara found more tears to cry in pleasure as her first orgasm overtook her.

Onward we ascended to new heights of desire based on love first then lust. Our wait for sex drove to one crescendo and another. We had much pent up desire to release as we wildly threw our bodies at the other.

12