The Smith Family Endeavors Ch. 01

Story Info
A mother grows 'closer' to her son
7.3k words
4.49
133.5k
32

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/04/2022
Created 12/07/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Writer's note: I would like to thank Pro_Ball_Player, a literotica writer, for inspiring me to write my own erotica stories. I would also like to thank Mistress Penelope, my editor, for her assistance in getting my stories to be acceptable for submittal.

This is a story involving a coming of age incestuous relationship between and mother and her son. I have chosen the common surname, Smith, to be applied to this family. Any similarities between events in my fictional story and someone's experience in the real world are purely coincidental. Incest is frowned upon in society and is used in this story for fictional purposes only.

Chapter 01

My name is Michael Smith and I live in the suburbs about 40 minutes outside of Chicago. I live in a modest Midwestern home belonging to the typical middle-class family. My father (Raymond), mother (Deborah), sister (Julie) and I all live together. My dad works full-time for a local design firm. My mom is a teacher for the local elementary school. My sister and I are fraternal twins and have just turned 18. I don't know about her but I am still a virgin. I've fooled around with chicks before but haven't gone 'all the way.'

Just after our 18th birthday, my sister and I were told that we would be going on some vacations. My parents set aside time to spend with us. A weird twist was that the vacations would be separate; we wouldn't be going as a full family. I was going to spend the first week at the cabin with Mom and then the following week at the lake house with Dad. My sister would spend the first week at the lake house with Dad and the second week at the cabin with Mom. These were places we routinely visited as a family. The lake house was about 90 minutes from home. The cabin in the woods was about 2 and-a-half hours from home in the opposite direction.

As I was packing the night before heading out with Mom, I wondered if I should bring any of my contraband (porno, etc.). I really wanted to have some alone time, but being that this trip was going to be spent in such close proximity to Mom I didn't think the opportunity would present itself. I would just wank it in the shower; Mom would never know.

It was late, so after I was done packing, I rubbed one out, cleaned up, got ready for bed, and then cut the lights. The next morning I awoke to the smells of a good breakfast. Mom was making waffles with all the fruit toppings and syrups I loved and the bacon smelled great too. The delicious aroma called me from my comfy bed; I just had to head to the kitchen.

"Good morning Mom and Dad, what's with all of this? Usually we just grab road food and head out when we go on family trips."

"Oh, we just wanted to have a good breakfast before heading our separate ways." My mom answered as she set the breakfast in front of me.

Conversation was light during breakfast. I picked on my sister and Dad told me to knock it off. It was a typical routine. Afterwards we all helped in cleaning up. We loaded the cars, hugged each other good bye, and then headed in our separate directions.

In the car I asked my mom, "So what's up with these weird vacations? Is everything okay between you and Dad?" I'm not sure why I asked the last question. Every now-and-then they had the usual fights about bills, interest rates, politics, etc. But they never showed any signs that things between them were bad.

"Everything is fine between your father and me...unless there's something you know that I don't." I laughed it off reassuring her that I didn't know of anything. Again I hinted that these trips were weird and I was just guessing.

"I'll let you know the reason for these separate vacations when we get to the cabin."

The drive to the cabin was smooth with idle chit-chat. Upon arrival we unloaded the car, did some quick cleaning, and took inventory of items we would need to pick up from town later that day.

"Unless you need any help with anything, I'm setting up the hammock and taking a nap." I told my Mom. She said that was fine. She was going to take the time to start reading her new novel. After my nap I asked Mom if we could grab lunch in town while we were grocery shopping. She thought that was a good idea. We had lunch at the Village Soda Shop and did our grocery shopping at the small store next-door. While picking out some wine for herself Mom told me "Why don't you pick out something (pointing to the beer) for yourself? It's only going to be us this week and I'm not going to tell anyone. You're 18 and will probably find some drinking buddies when you're at college anyways."

She was probably right. I had graduated from high school a month ago and was looking forward to life at the University. I picked out a few six-packs and put them in the shopping cart and said "Thanks Mom."

Getting back to the cabin and unloading groceries it dawned on me that my initial question wasn't answered yet. "So Mom, what's the deal with these separate vacations anyways?"

Mom finished putting her wine in the refrigerator so that it would be chilled for later and then answered.

"The reason for these trips are to take time out from our lives and reconnect with one-another. Next week you'll spend time bonding with your father. When I turned 18 my parents did something like this for me and your father's parents did the same thing for him when he turned 18. You'll be on your own in a few years when you graduate from college. Between now and then you'll be on your own when you're at school. We'll be a full family on summer breaks and long weekends." She paused and sat down at the kitchen table. I followed suit.

Mom continued, "Setting time aside like this is important. It's a time for your father and me to determine if our lessons in life have sunk in. It's a time for us to ask and answer each others questions regarding any topic. This time is going to be our moment together to sort out any issues that we might have in relation to the many aspects of life. Most importantly this is time that we can utilize in order to sort out any issues that we may have, both good and bad, with one another."

Mom paused and then continued. "In order for this week to be comfortable for each other I have a few rules. One, everything we discuss is to be open and honest. I won't tolerate any lies. You're not going to skirt issues. You're not going to give me the Swiss-cheese version of the truth."

I had to interrupt, "Swiss-cheese version of the truth? What's that mean?"

"That's the version of the truth with a bunch of holes in it. If you're not telling me the entire story I can only think that you're hiding something from me. If you're hiding something from me then I won't be able to trust you; I'll view hiding things to be the same as lying. The second rule is that nothing is taboo. The third and final rule is that I'll adhere to my own rules. That way we're both treating each other with the respect that the other person deserves."

I was about to pipe-up and say something stupid. Maybe my facial expression gave it away. Mom cut me off. "Michael, we're not going to talk about anything right now. I want you to take time by yourself right now to contemplate what I just told you. I want the rules to sink in. Everything that we discuss this weekend is important and I NEED you to realize this. You're my son. I love you. I want this week with me, and next week with your father, to be the beginning of the rest of your life. Your father and I want you and your sister to have the best life possible as you both become independent individuals. College life will fly by so fast. You're going to have to take the bull by the horns and hit the ground running after you have graduated. Between now and then your father and I will have to adjust to letting you go. You'll always be our son, but you're also your own person. We have to respect that."

I started to tear up. Mom embraced me with a hug. I told her I loved her and thanked her for the words. I gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "I guess I have some things to go think about right now," I mentioned as our hug ended.

I headed out to skip stones across the creek and didn't head back to the cabin for quite a while. I hoped I was ready. I wasn't sure what I was so nervous about. I just had a feeling that a simple trip to the cabin with Mom was going to become complicated.

When I got back to the cabin Mom had just finished making dinner. "Go wash up." She told me. "Did you want to have one of your beers with dinner?" she asked.

"A beer sounds great. I'll be back to the table in a moment." I announced.

Dinner was great, and the conversation was light. Mom wanted me to review my college plans with her to make sure I wasn't missing anything. We quickly reviewed my finances and a bunch of other things as the night progressed. Later we eventually became tired, got ready for bed, kissed each other good night, and went to sleep.

Day two started with breakfast and proceeded to a relatively calm and routine day at the cabin. Mom was reading, I was listening to my mp3 player, we had lunch, etc. It wasn't until after dinner that we had another 'serious' conversation. This conversation shifted to the topic of drugs and alcohol. Talking about this was ironic in that Mom had been letting me drink beer while being underage. The conversation was inspired by Pink Floyd's song 'Comfortably Numb.'

Mom asked if I knew what that song was about. I mentioned that I thought it was about using heroine. She said I was right and then asked me if I've ever tried any drugs. The truth was that I smoke pot every now and then and once tried acid. The acid trip was horrible and I would never try it again. An entire evening conversation about this topic boiled down to the fact that Mom had tried a variety of drugs when she was younger. She occasionally smokes pot and likes to drink in moderation.

She was happy with my honesty and didn't frown upon my pot smoking habits. She would have been a hypocrite if she gave me grief for it. She was happy that I turned away from the heavier stuff. The general understanding was that my drug/ alcohol use shouldn't become abuse and that I should always remain in control of such usage. That brought up topics of peer pressure and what the college drinking experience would be like. She didn't want me binge drinking or getting into trouble. She would not bail me out of a night or so of jail if I got a DUI. Drinking and driving was unacceptable behavior.

Talking to her in an honest way was feeling more comfortable and I was beginning to feel like I was in charge of my life and becoming an adult.

Day three was a lot like the others, we seemed to be settling into the same routine of leaving the 'serious' topic of discussion until after dinner. Mom put the ball in my court on that night.

"So Michael, we've some great talks and I feel like we're getting closer together as mother and son. I also feel like there's a real understanding developing between us."

I agreed and thanked her and dad for these week-long trips.

"What did you want to talk about tonight?" she asked.

"Honestly Mom, I don't know. Did you have something in mind?" It was the question that would change my life.

"Yes, actually I did, but your complete honesty is required." She answered, and then continued. "I wanted to talk about sex."

"Mom, we had the birds and the bees talk ages ago. What else is there to talk about?"

"Michael, there's plenty to talk about. For starters, how's your sex life?"

"Um Mom, I'd rather not talk about it."

"Well we are going to talk about it. How do you expect to grow up and be good husband material? Being responsible to the finances and career is a start that builds a family. You'll be able to have a home and provide for loved ones. Being attentive and responsive to your lover's needs is entirely different. It takes a lot of work to be on your own as a single man. It takes even more work to develop and sustain a relationship with your lover. It takes even more work and responsibility to be a good husband, and even more work to be a good father as well. That's what your father and I want for you. You've already demonstrated that you have the basics down as far as building a foundation for your future. We want to make sure that you're a well rounded individual." I told her thank you for the sentiment. I told her I loved her, but had to pause. After collecting my thoughts I answered her original question.

"Mom, my love life is terrible. I'm still a virgin."

She didn't look happy, sad, shocked, or anything like that. She looked almost clinical and said, "In that case I will be careful with my words."

After another pause she said, "I kind of suspected that. It's not that I think there's anything wrong with you. I've rarely seen you out on dates, and even if you do go on a date you're often home early. You're a handsome young man. If you're having trouble with the girls then let me help you. I'm guessing that you're not quite yourself when you're around girls."

I didn't answer.

"Michael, did you hear me? Is there any way I can help?

"I did hear you, but I'm not sure how you could help." I answered.

"Well then, let's start at the beginning. What are your dates usually like?"

I explained that I'm often awkward at first, then that subsides and I begin to feel like myself. When it came to being intimate on dates I would only get to kissing her and on a few occasions I was able to touch her over her clothing. After that she would want to head home without me.

My mom was almost in tears but she held strong. "Did any of the girls ever tell you why they were heading home?" she asked.

"One girl told me I was a bad kisser and a few others just didn't feel a connection. They said I wasn't 'there' whatever the heck that meant."

"I think I'm beginning to understand." Mom said, and then continued. "After returning home what do you do or think about?"

"Mom, I can't answer that!"

"Why not?"

"It's private, that's why."

"Son, do you trust me?"

"Yes, of course I do." I said.

"In that case, I'll get a glass of wine for myself and a beer for you. By the time I return I want an answer. Whatever you have to say will not get me angry. I'm on your side."

She returned a few minutes later with the drinks. After opening my beer and looking at it for a while, I finally took a sip. After setting the bottle down I said:

"Mom after a bad date I usually come home, feel bad about myself, masturbate, and then go to sleep."

"Son, there's no reason to feel bad about yourself. Masturbation is normal human behavior too. We all have needs that go un-met sometimes. I've even masturbate. Does it shock you to think of me in that light?"

The honest answer was that it didn't. I knew that Mom masturbated; I've often heard her. I've also heard her and Dad having sex a few times too.

"No Mom, it doesn't shock me. I guess you're right everybody probably does it."

"Okay," my Mom started, "maybe there's a psychological issue preventing you from going all-the-way with your dates. What do you think about when you masturbate?"

Now this question I couldn't answer. I wouldn't answer. It would get me in too much trouble.

"Mom..." that was all I could get out. My eyes were pleading, but Mom was calm and persistent.

"Michael, you're not telling me something. Do you remember what I said about the Swiss-cheese version of the truth?"

"Yes." I answered.

"Then tell me. I can't help you if I don't have the tools to help you."

I slowly finished my beer before I was able to speak again.

"Mom, you know that I love you right?"

"Yes honey."

I need you to promise me that you won't get mad or grossed out at what I might say."

"Son, I promise you."

"Can I have another beer?"

"Yes, but it's your last one for the night. Provided I get it for you, do you promise to tell me what's on your mind?"

"Yes." It was all I could say. I couldn't take it any more. I needed to get things off my chest.

When Mom returned I let it all out. I told her that I thought of her when I masturbated. I told her that I found a pair of panties when I was a young child and enjoyed how the felt. They were fun to play with. As I got older I found her other lingerie and enjoyed playing with that. After I hit puberty and was able to ejaculate, I stopped playing with her unmentionables for a while. I was afraid of leaving messes and getting caught. It wasn't until a few years ago that I started playing with her panties again. Only this time I would play with her dirty panties that I found in the hamper. If I made a mess in them they would be in the wash soon anyways and would get cleaned up.

I told her all of this while looking down at the table. When I finally lifted my head to look her in the eyes I was surprised to see a calm and understanding face.

"Son, I'm so proud that you were able to be honest with me. I'm not mad at you for playing with my unmentionables."

She paused and then asked for a hug. While I was hugging her she said:

"Since you've been honest with me, I'm going to be honest with you."

She broke off the hug and looked me in the eye.

"Michael, I've know about your habit pretty much the whole time. I thought it was a phase that you were going through initially and that it would be something that you would grow out of. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

Now I was shocked. "You KNEW?"

"Yes, I knew about it. I also knew this day would come where we would talk about it. From now on I want you to refrain from playing with my lingerie and panties...."

I groaned out loud, interrupting her. I must have looked sad. I didn't even know that I had lost focus and drifted away from her.

"Michael, you're not really 'with me' right now. I wasn't able to finish my sentence. Come here. Look me in the eye. I want you to refrain from playing with my lingerie and panties without asking my permission first."

I was shocked again; my head was almost spinning.

Mom continued, "I can see that it's not a phase you're going through. You seem to enjoy my underwear. What I don't like is that you go around sneaking them like you're some sort of thief. That kind of behavior is unacceptable. Are we clear?"

I was about to laugh and cry and explode all at the same time.

"Son, I want my last few statements to sink in for a while before we continue talking. In the meantime I need to know that you're still on the same page with me. Come here and hug me please."

I did as requested. The hug turned into a long cuddle; maybe a half-an-hour passed before either of us spoke. I had to come fully clean.

"Mom?" I said as breaking away from the hug.

"Yes son."

"There's more I have to tell you. You might reconsider your offer after you know this."

"What is it? You can tell me anything. Just look me in the eye when you do."

"Mom, a lot of times when I play with your lingerie I like to wear the clothing, especially the panties. When I masturbate with your dirty panties... I... well... I like to sniff them and lick the center portion that was touching your pussy."

Without missing a beat my mom looked me dead in the eye and said, "I could have guessed it. My offer still stands."

I was totally shocked. Mom glanced at the clock. It was getting late; Mom said that we would continue the conversation in the morning. Before dismissing me she asked, "Is there anything you want from me before bed?"

"Oh yeah," I gave her a big kiss on the cheek and said, "I love you Mom."

"Was there anything else you might have wanted tonight?" she asked.

I couldn't think of anything and shrugged my shoulders.

"That's odd." She said. "You wouldn't like playing with these before falling asleep?"

As she asked that she reached up her skirt and pulled off the pair of panties she was wearing.

"Oh my God!" I gasped. I gave her another kiss. This time I missed her cheek and kissed her on the lips.

12