The Succubae Seduction Bk. 02: The Twins Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah right," Sheldon groused. "I have to go face my girlfriend's vampire fiancée."

"Don't act childish," Shelly chided her brother, though she wasn't happy to hear Lysa's request either.

"That's perfect, actually," Lysa gave them a ghostly smile.

"I know you're not much older than us, though you were born as an adult," Sheldon said in a tone that made Shelly wince, "but I think you don't understand what perfect means."

"Sheldon..." Lyden warned his son, but her brash brother didn't listen.

"What can be perfect about going into the Pillar of Darkness's domain to confront a vampire, and try to explain to him that his fiancée, who never had any intentions of cheating on him, was forced to fall in love with me by an ancient love goddess, and oh! By the way, I rather like her also, despite my best efforts to be a good man and not steal her away? She still loves him, but she loves me also. And did I mention he was a vampire? The werewolves and vampires barely have a truce right now, and this whole thing could send them hurtling back into another war. Not to mention their speed, ferocity, and strength. If he decides to fight me, I know I can't be killed, but that doesn't mean I don't feel pain, and even I don't know if I can take on one of those. What part of that is perfect?"

"Sheldon Shemhazau Lance!" Lyden shouted. Sheldon was breathing heavily as he finished his tirade, but Shelly's mind was spinning. She hadn't considered until this moment the implications of Gloria's handiwork. The vampires and werewolves were never friendly with one another, and it almost stretched reasoning that two might fall in love. But Shlee's actions, forced though they might be because of Gloria's mistake, could end up sending them into another war, instead of possibly bridging the gap between them.

"It's perfect, because I need you both to go into the Pillar of Darkness's domain to retrieve an object that may bring Arethusa back to life," Lysa stated in unruffled tones. In fact, she could have been discussing the fact that the Pillar of Fire's demesne was unseasonably warm, instead of bringing Areth back from the dead.

"I'm going too," Lyden piped up, his voice firm and adamant. "Why didn't you tell me that there was a way to bring her back?"

"Bring her back?" Lysa asked. "She never left. She's just stuck in her golden statue. And I did tell you, just now. I only got the last bit of information from Brock's new boyfriend, Oberon, a couple minutes ago, and I rushed over here. But you can't go, Dad."

"What?" Lyden spluttered for a few seconds, choking on his shock before he could add, "Why not?"

"Because I think you have the best chance of stopping Jessica," Lysa said.

"Uh, why him and not me?" Shelly asked, hurt by the simple statement. "I was her girlfriend, and even if she didn't really care for me, I should have the best chance."

Lysa looked at her with sad eyes as she shook her head. "I've looked in on her when I could, and know that she hurts for betraying you. I—"

"Wait!" Sheldon interrupted. "You've been watching her? You know where she is? Why didn't you say so sooner?"

"As I was saying," Lysa continued, "I know her feelings for you were genuine, but I think facing you right now—or you, Sheldon—would be a mistake. She is driven by something inside her, and I'm not sure she's entirely in control. If that other part of her hurt either of you, she would lose whatever control she has, and become more dangerous."

"She may have a fragment of an Outsider in her," Lyden informed them.

Shelly thought back to the Paladonic Knight's prison cell, and the way Jessica changed. She'd mentioned something about winning, and being surprised. At the time there was too much else going on to question her, but now she wondered. Had that been the Outsider coming out?

"But wouldn't that emotional attachment allow us to reach her?" Sheldon asked.

Shelly snorted in disgust. Trust her brother to come up with a logical idea to cover an emotional issue. When would he understand that women's emotions didn't follow logic?

"Not necessarily," Lyden hedged before either Shelly or Lysa could respond. "But I don't understand why it has to be me? I'd rather help restore Areth to her natural form."

"Just like we'd rather go after Jessica?" Sheldon snapped at their dad. Lyden grimaced, but didn't look away from the Pillar of Air.

"Because she thinks you're her father." Lysa shook her head, then added, "Oh, I know she isn't. I heard the conversation with Angela. Don't give me that look, Dad. I left before you and she made up."

"So she really did think she was sleeping with her siblings?" Sheldon asked, a disgusted twist to his lips.

Lysa nodded to him before turning back to Lyden. "She fears you, or the Outsider in her fears you. You have the best opportunity of breaking through to her."

"Do you know what her plans are?" Lyden asked, a resigned look on his face.

"No," Lysa stated. "She holds those close, and doesn't even share them with..." she trailed off with a quick glance to Sheldon, before turning back to their father. "With her companions."

"She has allies?" Sheldon asked. "Gee, I guess it didn't take her long to replace us!"

Shelly was a bit surprised at the amount of shock in her brother's tone. She also felt let down by the idea of being replaced so soon, but she kept herself quiet.

"Yes," was all Lysa said in response. Shelly noted something in her sister's eyes, something she wasn't saying, but had other things on her mind.

"All the more reason Dad should take us with him," she said. "We should all face Jessica, and whomever she's got trailing at her heels like a lost little puppy, now." Okay, so maybe she was a bit bitterer than she thought. She had every right to be. Jessica had professed her love, then abandoned her, and was now hooking up with someone else only days later. Sure, she had Sonia now, but that was different. She didn't go chasing after Sonia, and hadn't abandoned all thought of Jessica. Sonia was a boon to her damaged heart, but she couldn't fill the hole left by Jessica's abandonment.

She felt a hand grip her shoulder. She tried to look at who it was, but realized her eyesight was blurry from tears. Without meaning to, she turned and buried her face in the man's chest, and recognized strong arms that wrapped around her as her brother's.

It was stupid. She shouldn't be crying over this still, but she couldn't help it. Jessica had toyed with her heartstrings, and no matter what she might tell herself, it hurt. She didn't know how long she cried into her brother's shoulder, but when she finally pulled away, there was an unmistakable wet spot.

Suddenly she grew embarrassed, not only for breaking down like that in front of her family, but because she wasn't the only one to lose someone that night. Sheldon had lost Gloria as well. He might have received two girlfriends in her place, but she knew her brother enough to know he was still hurting.

"It's decided, then" Lyden stated with finality.

"What?" Shelly asked, wiping away the last vestiges of her tears.

"Yeah, but I don't like it," Sheldon said and gnawed on his lower lip. "You stop whatever she's doing in Gaia's City, and we'll retrieve what's needed to bring back Areth."

"Wait..." Shelly said, realizing that the conversation had moved on while she sobbed. "No, we need to stop Jessica together. As a family. We need—" she choked off as the woman's name formed a ball in her throat. She swallowed and tried again. "Things never work out well when we separate. We need to stay together."

Everyone looked at her for a moment, but no one spoke.

"Please," she pleaded with them.

"I'll talk to her, Dad. You get Mom, and return to the Orange Bubble," Sheldon said in somber tones. "We'll make sure to bring Areth back to you, but be careful."

"I will, Son," Lyden intoned. The two men hugged briefly, before Lyden turned to her. He pulled her into a tight hug. She tried to fight him off, but he was too strong. Tears bubbled up again, but this time she fought them down. Everything was wrong. Nothing was going the way it should, and she couldn't get them to see it. "Take care of your sister." Lyden's voice sounded above her head. "And if at all possible, don't use her when she's in Murasame's form. You saw what happened to her and Jessica at the Knight's base."

"I understand," Sheldon said, his voice somber and grave.

Lyden released her and she stared between the two men, her frustration growing. She tried to find the words to tell them how stupid they were being, but there weren't any. After a few moments, she stomped her foot and walked back into the room she'd shared with Sonia. Let the men be foolish. She'd show them. She'd sneak out and chase after Jessica herself. Sheldon didn't need her to face Shlee's fiancée. She knew she was better suited to talk to Jessica, anyway. Her dad didn't understand Jessica the way Shelly did. He wouldn't be able to reach her, the real Jessica... the woman Shelly had spent so many nights with wasn't... Wasn't... She wanted to say a monster, but she wasn't so certain anymore.

Jessica wasn't the woman Shelly had thought she was, but she didn't think she was the creature Angela made her out to be either.

Shelly would find her, and then she would make everyone else understand. She just needed to wait for the right moment to slip away.

====================

From the Author

====================

Sorry for the long delay in posting. It has been a long hectic time at work, and taking care of family hasn't left me much (if any) time to write or edit. For those that submitted edit to me, thank you very much. They helped a great deal.

*REAL* comments below are ALWAYS welcome. Please let Garbonzo607 or I know how we're doing on this story.

-DBs_Bro