The Succubae Seduction Ch. 33

Story Info
Lyden has many battles to face before the end.
10.6k words
4.79
26.6k
26

Part 61 of the 62 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 04/08/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DBs_Bro
DBs_Bro
1,216 Followers

Many battles lie ahead for Lyden. The fallen will fall again as Lyden goes up against his most dangerous foes. Many will die as these two titanic forces meet.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Chapter 33

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Varun and the Outsider

"You now have all the tokens you need," Gaia whispers to me. "Now it's time to face the Outsider, and your death."

The lead weight that fills my stomach is enough to make me nauseous. I want to sick up. I want to go to my room and just go to bed, forgetting about all the troubles in the world. I don't want to die. I don't want to go up against either Outsider, Aldol and its new ally, and likely lose one or more of my friends. I've already given up too much. All of the blood, sweat, and tears. Lisa's life, though I can't directly tie that to Aldol. All of it seems to weigh me down in this one moment. It's too much, I want to scream. I never asked for this!

"Everyone gather around," I croak past a throat that doesn't want to cooperate. I have to repeat myself to be heard over everyone else, but this time they look at me. Once again my voice flees as numerous eyes look to me expectantly. What am I even going to say to them? How about, thanks for everything you've already done, but now I need you to put yourselves at risk while I try to live long enough to take out the light monsters. Monsters that have made my life nearly unbearable.

Thankfully I have these friends with me to help me through.

Looking into Brooke's loving eyes, Becky's intelligent ones, Sheila's trusting gaze, and even Areth's excited ones, I know I can't tell them that I can't live past the final battle. None of them will understand the necessity. I have to die, so that there can be peace.

"Lysa," I say, facing my daughter. I have to swallow the sudden lump in my throat as her mother's eyes regard me. "I can't thank you enough for the gift of these swords." I gesture to the hilts with invisible air blades.

"Oh don't be so formal!" Jennifer yells, and there are a few titters of laughter around the room. I can't help but smile, glad that some of the tension has seeped away.

"You're right," I tell the woman whose chest could almost rival the Empire State Building for grandeur. "Now that we have these weapons, and the talismans we need, it's time to take the fight to Aldol. I, for one, am tired of running from the Outsiders. It's time we take the fight to them, and show it that these are our worlds. Prove to those creatures that we're not going to idly sit by while it seeks to destroy everything we hold dear.

"All of you have already made sacrifices in one form or another," I say. I can't help but notice the looks exchanged between Emmet and Alloria, nor how the elf rubs her stomach. I hope those two can cope with what they did. I also don't miss Areth rubbing her behind. "We've lost friends, our ways of life—"

"Lost weight!" Jennifer announces, and I nod to her point. The woman had once been overly obese, but now has the body any woman in the adult industry would kill for. I still wonder how that happened. I'll have to look into it if I ever get the time.

"Some of us have even lost our sanity for a bit," I say with a smile, before adding, "or maybe that was just me." There are more laughs than I think the joke deserves, but I'm still grateful for them. I get a few odd glances from those that weren't around for my episode with Muramasa. "Regardless, we are here today to prove that no matter what the adversity, the Outsiders cannot win!"

I'm surprised by the volume of the cheering that suddenly erupts as I finish my speech, until I realize that most of it is coming from outside.

"I hope you don't mind," Gaia says, gliding forward, "but I went ahead and broadcast your words to every place that had ears to listen, through my earth. It seems to have boost their moral. They'll need it."

"Then they'll know we're coming," Becky says worriedly.

I pull the short brunette into a tight embrace, her head resting on my sternum. "It already knew," I tell her. Turning to the dark skinned Pillar of Earth, I ask, "Any idea where the best place to attack will be, or where the monster is?"

The corners of Gaia's lips dip down, and I already know I'm not going to enjoy her answer.

"The Pillar of Fire is already engaging the Myrmidons in her lands. She doesn't have the loyalty of her subjects as TanaVesta did, and she's being hard pressed."

"Angela's in trouble?" I gasp, grabbing the grip of Murasame. "We need to help her!"

"Not so fast," she warns, and I have to tamp down my anger at the rebuke in her tone. "Varun is also under assault. It seems the Outsider's friend has influenced him enough, that he is laying waste to his own subjects. Both threats must be squelched if our worlds are going to survive."

For only a second I'm tempted to say Varun can go to hell for all I care, but I know Gaia is right.

"Why don't the Outsiders control you?" Becky asks. I swallow a curse, as I realize I'd never considered this.

"It's the nature my mind, as well as that of all Pillars, takes that can protect us. Don't misunderstand. I'm not saying your minds are weaker," she tells the short brunette. "The very nature of the power we possess, changes us. Only if our minds have been weakened, as Varun's was by TanaVesta, can the Outsiders gain purchase and control. Or when we are new to our powers." She nods to Lysa, who is wearing her amber colored glasses. "I don't know how it took control of the previous Pillar of Fire, but Angela and Lysa should remain safe as long as they wear those glasses."

"What about the Pillars of Light and Dark?" Becky asks next.

Gaia laughs softly before answering. "They are even older than I am. Neither one will be susceptible to the Outsiders. That's why Aldol had to work through TanaVesta at first, to weaken this world, instead of just commanding us to commit suicide. Its power can seem absolute, but some of you know it can be fought."

I glance at Becky, hoping she doesn't still feel bad about how Aldol had controlled her and almost killed me. From the steely determination in her eyes, I see her mind is working through other things, assimilating what the Pillar of Earth said.

"You might be surprised to find that Marchosias is fighting against the Pillar of Water," Gaia adds in. I have to stop myself from swearing. I still hold a grudge against the demon for what he subjected us to in his nightmare world. "Also, many of the denizens of Darkness have come forward to fight for the Outsider in both realms. The Outsider has either lied to them, or is manipulating them towards its goals. Some of them relish chaos and fight for their own reasons."

"Do you have any good news?" I snap, irritated more and more as things seem to be getting worse.

"We're alive, and still able to fight," Lysa says. I turn to my daughter, eyes wide as I realize how much like her mother she just acted.

"You're right," I tell her, trying to hold back tears of pride. Whether it's from the time she spent in my mind, or some supernatural ability of hers, she knows how I feel. I don't mind the blustering wind as she hugs me tightly.

"Gaia," I state, turning to face the woman, "can you send some of your forces to buttress Angela?" She nods, and I smile, though there is no mirth in it. "If there are any that can help Marchosias, send those to him. I hate that monster for what he did, but as long as he's fighting on our side, I'll support him."

"We should go help Marchosias," Brooke says, indicating Ondine and Arethusa. "We can act as your eyes and ears there." She pauses for just a moment before a twinkle enters her eyes. "That is, if you're okay with that, General Snow."

General Snow?

"I don't think—" Thomas begins to argue, no doubt about staying with Ondine, but I cut him off.

"Remember what my father taught you, Thomas," I tell him. "If there is a way for them to take you safely into their domain, go with them. Otherwise I could use your military expertise back here." My father had told him that Ondine was the type of woman that needs to know her man is there for her, supporting her, not stopping her.

My old coworker looks from me, to Ondine, and back, before swallowing visibly. "I didn't make it very high in the ranks before getting out of the service," he states, "but I'll help out however I can."

"Thank you," I tell him, before turning back to Gaia.

"We'll go help your succubus," Jennifer pipes up before I can say anything. "Come on, old man," she elbows Jewkes in the ribs. "If you perform well enough, maybe I'll let you get a better look at these tits you can't stop staring at!"

From the police captain's face, I can't tell if he's looking forward to the prospect, or unhappy about getting busted. Of course, he's also married, so who knows.

"Blue," I turn to the dragon sunning herself on the balcony, "go with them, and keep them safe." The dragon snorts in response, smoke coming from her snout, but stands up and waits for them. The randy woman and the hook-nosed man each pick an air blade from the pile to add to their rifle and shotgun, and then climb onto the dragon's back.

"I hope that's your hilt poking me in the back," Jennifer laughs. Before Jewkes even has a chance to respond, they're off. I really hope I see them again.

I turn to look at Becky, Sheila, Emmet, Alloria, and Gaia. Sheila has been so quiet, I've nearly forgotten about her. I'm torn for what to do next.

"If we can take out the one in Water's domain first," Becky says, coming to my rescue, "can we use that against the fire ants?"

"The realms are on opposite sides of this world," Gaia says. "But that one should be the weakest one."

"Then I'll head there first," I tell the room.

"I wish to go with you, Master," Sheila says subserviently.

I look into her brown eyes, and hate that I have to turn her down. "I would take all of you if I could, but you won't be able to breathe under the water. Stay and help the efforts here. I want all of you to wear the Blublocker glasses Jewkes gave you."

"As you wish, Master," she says in a way that sounds more like, "But I still want to go."

"I have summoned some Rocs to get you there," Lysa says. "They will be the quickest way to fly. Even faster than your dragon form."

"How are rocks going to fly?" Thomas asks, confused.

"You'll see," she says with a soft laugh I hope he doesn't hear. Already I see the enigmatic ways of the pillars starting to come forth in her. A moment later, we hear a loud screech outside, and two massive birds land on the balcony. The two large avian creatures barely fit on something that Blue was able to rest on comfortably. Their wings are easily large enough that I wouldn't be surprised if they are capable of lifting elephants into the air. "These are rocs," Lysa says unnecessarily.

"Gawk later," I tell the man, trying to hide my smile at his reaction. "Gaia, can you set Thomas up somewhere, where he can watch both battles?"

"I can't see most of what's happening in the water," she tells me. "But I can show him what I can see." She waves her hand in front of her. The floor shifts, changing into small representations of hills, and mountains. I can make out TanaVesta's, or rather Angela's, mountain peak in one rainbow shaped area. Creatures are moving around, also in miniature, and I realize I'm looking at the entirety of Fire's domain. Across from that is an oppositely bent rainbow strip. This one has fewer creatures on it, and I can only guess that most of Varun's forces are swimming, where Gaia can't see them.

For but a second, I see a bright spot in Water's half of the map, and know it must be the other Outsider. Even though I know it won't be there by the time I arrive, I still rush to the back of the nearest Roc and hop on.

"Thomas, Gaia, I leave everything in your hands. Becky and Sheila, please offer what help you can. Lysa, please take care of yourself. Emmet, Alloria. . . . Please try not to kill each other." I don't wait for a response as Areth lands on my shoulder. The other two mermaids climb onto the other Roc, and we take off. We hold on tight to each other, as the massive birds take flight.

Even when flying in my dragon form, I don't move as swift or as smooth as the Rocs do. In less time than I would have thought, and definitely not enough time for me to get mentally prepared, the huge birds begin circling in the air, skimming just over the water.

"Areth. . . ." I trail off, not sure what to do with the fairy. I don't dare send her to Marchosias, considering his anger with her before, but I don't know if she can breathe underwater, either.

"I'll take care of that big meanie demon," she tells me. "He can't scare me, now that I'm free to be with you." She gives me a chaste peck on the cheek, and then a not-so-chaste nibble at my earlobe. Despite how odd her words seem, I understand. With her maidenhood broken, yet still free to move about, the demon can't hurt her. At least, he'd better not!

"Take care of yourself," I tell her. She zips up to give me a another quick peck on the cheek, but I turn my head in time for her whole face to land between my lips. As she splutters, I tell her, "I love you."

Her whole body glows for a few seconds, before she flutters away. Before she's out of earshot, I hear her yell, "You'd better survive down there, dolt! There are some perverted things I want to do to you when we're done!"

Despite myself, I blush as the two mermaids regard me. It doesn't help when Brooke adds in, "Damn straight you'd better survive. There are more than just a few perverted things I want to do."

"He does seem rather good at them, doesn't he?" Ondine muses a moment later.

I dive into the water before I see Brooke's imagined scandalized face. Thankfully Ondine wasn't touching any earth, so I know Thomas hadn't heard that through Gaia.

I create my dragon's tail to propel me through the water, and open my lungs to the water, as I did last time I entered this domain. I haven't been swimming enough to get used to how weird it feels at first, as the liquid fills and cools my chest, slowing my breathing. I ignore it, swimming for the spires of Varun's castle below us. I marvel at how just a short time ago, I couldn't stand to be in any water deeper than my knees, but now I'm swimming to the bottom of a massive ocean.

The only warning I have is Brooke's gasp, before something bites painfully into my tail. I spin around in the water, and see something that looks like a cross between a great white shark and a crocodile. That's all the time I have for impressions, as I see the thing open its jaws, revealing numerous rows of sharp teeth, and prepare to bite me again. I'm able to move my appendage away in time to avoid the chomp and grip Murasame, ready to draw my sword out.

Brooke beats me to the kill, her blue wavy blade invisible in the water. In less time than I can think, the monster's shark-head is floating away from its body.

"That blood is going to draw a lot more of those," Ondine says. I realize that both mermaids are topless above their long fish's tail. Turning, I see that my tail is bleeding profusely from the bite, mixing with the blood of the croco-shark creature.

"Since the tail isn't really a part of you, can you heal it?" Brooke asks.

Shaking my head, I say, "No. If I were to change the tail, my rear end would just end up with the wound." Then something Gaia had said occurs to me, when she warned me about going up against Aldol. I might not be able to absorb the Outsider's energy safely, but what about the ambient energy in the water? Can I use that to close my wounds?

Closing my eyes, I concentrate, trying to pull the energy of the water into me, to heal the damage. Gasping, I open my eyes and shiver. The water around me turned into a thin layer of ice! I'll have to remember that, and be more careful, I think as I break myself out of my little cocoon.

"I didn't know you could make ice," Brooke says, shocked and rubbing her arms to keep warm. Both mermaids' nipples are hard as a rock in the cold water.

"Let's go," I say, giving her a warm kiss to get her moving. We don't have the time for me to explain why pulling energy from the water turned it to ice. I was never good in physics class in college, anyway.

The sounds of battle greet us long before we reach Varun's castle, even in the almost murky depths of the water. Lights flash as two groups magically battle one another, and swords clash as others are wounded and dying.

"Where would Varun or the other Outsider be?" I ask Brooke, but it's Ondine that answers.

"They should be in the main courtyard." Looking at Thomas's girlfriend, I still have to admit that the Blublocker glasses don't do her justice. Both women are beautiful in their own right, but the glasses almost add a comical air to them. Not the image we want to have going into battle, but better safe than sorry.

"Lead the way," I state, waving my hand.

As we get closer, I pull Murasame free of his scabbard and immediately feel more confident.

Careful, son, Shemhazau's voice fills my head. If you wound anyone with me, you'll gain their powers.

And I should be careful about that? I mentally ask him back.

What if their power drives them to constantly kill or harm those around them? Also, I don't know how well my sanity will hold up, as I continue to fight Muramasa and Masamune for dominance. Every kill you make, might make it harder for me.

I hadn't thought of that. For just a second, I'm tempted to re-sheath the blade, but I keep him out. Murasame is my best weapon right now. I'll do my best not to make my father's existence any worse than it already is, but the fate of two worlds is resting on us. Like I said before, better safe than sorry.

Whatever you do, don't use it on Varun. Not only will that transfer all of his power as the Pillar of Water to you, but it will most likely kill you. You're not completely aligned with water as an element. That will also make it impossible for anyone else to become the Pillar of Water, for his mantle will become useless.

In other words, I need to be careful!

A group of mermen are guarding the water between what I think might be the courtyard and where we are now. Upon seeing us, they rush forward, ready to meet our attack. We're outnumbered, three to five, but we don't slow as they come on.

I hear Ondine's name mentioned from the opposing side, and realize they must recognize her. My hope that this means they'll let us pass is dashed, when two mermen attack me. Even with the skill Marchosias gave me in his nightmare world, added to what my sword imparts, I'm hard pressed to defend myself without killing them. My parries are slowed by the water, making things even more difficult. They have no skill or finesse in their attacks, simply hacking and slashing in an attempt to get through my impervious defense. Their movements aren't hampered, and I wonder if it has something to do with them living and training in the water.

One of my attackers stiffens, and a moment later boiling air pierces the other man's chest. Looking past them, I see Ondine pluck an air dagger from the first one's back before pulling her longer blade free of the second one's chest. As she sheaths her blades, I marvel that her blades had been invisible while out of the water, but very noticeable while under the water, whereas Brooke's is now invisible down here.

Speaking of Brooke. . . . I turn in time to see her wiping her blade on one of her attacker's tail, cleaning it off.

"You fought well," Brooke compliments the other mermaid. "Once this is over, you should apply to be an assassin."

DBs_Bro
DBs_Bro
1,216 Followers