The Sultanah Ch. 12

Story Info
Hermaphrodite Sultanah cements alliances.
20.2k words
4.84
26.6k
39

Part 12 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/08/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
YKN4949
YKN4949
5,862 Followers

Dear Reader, thank you so much for reading this story. It has taken nearly a year of my writing life to get the whole thing finished. This is Chapter 12 of 14 chapters and the total is over 250,000 words. It is my Dirk Diggler/Jack Horner act of hubris: my attempt to write an erotic adventure story that pulls you in with a story you want to read, even when there isn't any sex going on (though there is a lot of sex. Crazy, weird, fun sex). It is the most ambitious piece of erotic fiction I have ever attempted. So I hope you enjoy it.

With that said, this book is not for everyone. It will be too long for many people (no shame in that, it is a big time investment). Some of the sex scenes are intense and include themes like hermaphroditism, non-consensual activity, incest, etc. For some people, that will likely be the appeal. In fact, while this story is definitely not for everyone, I think for a select group of people this story will essentially have everything you could ever ask for. So if that is you, congratulations, you found that thing you have been searching for. You can skip ahead to the sex and I won't be offended, but I think this story is more than the sum of its parts. If you read this whole story, you will not be disappointed.

In Chapter 1, our main character, Princess Varis, finds that her father has died and that, by virtue of the fact that she is a hermaphrodite and can father a child, she is now the Sultanah. In Chapter 2, Varis unearthed a conspiracy to destroy her Empire led by Rahip, the Cardinal of the "New Religion" and later she received her coronation. In Chapter 3, Varis humiliated the New Religion and raised the morale of her besieged people. In Chapter 4, Varis lifted the siege through a daring midnight raid. In Chapter 5, Varis survived an assassination attempt and visited her harem. In Chapter 6, Varis faced a challenge to her authority and seduced a noblewoman to maintain it. In Chapter 7, Varis defeats the raiders and comforts a peasant girl. In Chapter 8, Varis is briefly engaged and kills her fiancé for betraying her. In Chapter 9, Varis slept with a member of the harem, her half-sister, while her aunt watched. In Chapter 10, Varis wed her sister and consummated the marriage. In Chapter 11, Varis sleeps with two new hermaphrodite members of the harem.

Some recurring characters you might want by name are Varis (the Sultanah and narrator), Cin (the head priestess of Gunes), Arkadas (Varis' friend and servant), Kardes (Varis' older sister), Nislani (Varis' younger sister), Rahip (a Cardinal of the 'new religion'), Duke Hain (an important lord opposing Varis), Lord Sadik (a minor lord who has spoken in support of Varis); King Sican (the leader of Dusman, a rival kingdom), Prince Lider (Sican's son); King Köylü (the leader of Temsilci, a rival kingdom); Agiz and Got (Subordinate Sun Priestesses); Saygili (Varis' guard); Soyguncu (a pickpocket and spy for Varis); Tutuklu (the head concubine of the harem); Kukla (a noblewoman). Further, Gunes is the name of the Sun God, Tanri is the name of the 'new god.' The city where the story is set is Şehir in the country of Ülke and the Empire of Bütün Dünya. If you need more...reread the earlier chapters.

Please, please, please, please, please tell me what you think after you read this. I put an embarrassing amount of work into this and I want to know what you think. Especially if it is good things.

*****

Chapter 12: Connections Cemented

"If you didn't want to come you could have just said so," I said angrily. Kardes, sitting next to me, jumped slightly, then turned to look at me. Her eyes grew narrow.

"What?" she asked in a whisper. She looked around the reception room to see if anyone heard me speaking to her. We were, after all, technically prisoners. But I was not concerned about that. The Republic of Anaerki was a strange land, but it was not completely without social convention (Cin assured me). The worst case scenario was that we would be released without any other issue. We were waiting, shackled, in the reception room of the Mürebbiye of Anaerki, the elected head of government. Only the Mürebbiye could set us free or, I hoped, cement a deal. But the door to the throne room (or whatever a Republican leader elected for life calls a throne room) I had bigger things to worry about at this time.

"If you didn't want to come on this trip, you didn't have to. Just say you don't want to go, you don't have to be passive aggressive the entire trip," I shot back, not bothering to whisper. Perhaps that was not a great idea, but at this point my nerves were shot. Kardes had been giving them quite a workout over the last few days and I had reached my wits end.

It had started before we had set out for Anaerki. I had thought I was doing something nice for my older sister, but it seemed that I was wrong. Worse, I had no idea why I was wrong. In fact, as I thought of it, I realized she had essentially invited herself along.

The day after my experience with Kıvrak and Peri I had been in my room, going over some of my maps with Saygili. Kardes and Cin were present, talking to one another, and not really paying attention. Saygili and I were discussing the defense of a new trade route, having agreed to a deal with Prince Aptallar Altın of Ada (and no, Nislani had not let me hear the end of how beneficial the deal was). While looking at the map, I noticed a small gray area blocked out on the map that ran through some mountains just to the North of the Empire's current borders. The new trade route would not be affected by this area, nonetheless, I pointed to it.

"What is this?" I asked. Saygili shook his head and began talking about the trade route again, but I interrupted him, "Cin, come here, what is this?" I asked. Cin stopped speaking to Kardes and walked over to the table. My sister followed her. Cin gazed at the map a second.

"Anaerki," she said, then turned and started to speak to Kardes again. I snorted.

"Yes, and this is the land of milk and honey just to its left. There to the right, dogs are kings and the streets are paved in silver," I said dryly. Everyone knew the stories of the Anaerki. A mysterious land in the North with bizarre, savage practices. It was a fantasy land invented by adults to tell their children during long winter nights with nothing else to do. Saygili laughed slightly at my joke.

"The only country with a dog for a king is this one," Cin shot back, "That is the Republic of Anaerki," she said.

"That is a myth, really, what is that place?" I said.

"It is not a myth, Cin said, her voice growing somewhat annoyed. If this was a joke of some sort, she was really committing to it, "The Republic of Anaerki is a small patch of ground with a relatively small, warrior population. Their remote location and savage ways ensured that the Empire, in its hay day, enveloped rather than conquered it. The Anaerkis would, occasionally, raid into the Empire. Other times they were hired as mercenaries. That is how they got their fearsome reputation. But they have never left. They stay in the mountains and maintain their independence and neutrality," she said. I looked at her face, seeking some indication of a smile. But there was none. Cin was, apparently, telling the truth. I couldn't believe it. The stories I had heard since I was child...Some of it was true. But how much?

"Do they boil their enemies and eat them?" I asked, thinking about one story in particular that had given me nightmares as a small child.

"Many of the stories told of them are exaggerations," Cin explained, "But don't believe that it is all just stories. Their reputation is earned." Cin said. She saw me looking at her intently, still waiting for a straight answer, "Boil? Sometimes. Eat? Never," she responded. I felt so strange, like we had uncovered a strange new civilization just outside our borders. A legend come to life.

"If they used to act as our mercenaries, why have they ceased to serve us? Why have they faded into legend?" I asked. Cin smiled now, realizing I was taking her seriously.

"The Anaerkis do not worship Gunes. In the old days, given that they were outside of the Empire's direct jurisdiction, the Emperors did not press the point. They were allowed to worship their own, private goddesses. But Tanri was not as tolerant. The Anaerki refused to convert and the relationship faded," Cin explained. Yet another corrosion of the Empire that could be laid at Tanri's door. But Cin's story piqued my interest nonetheless.

"Are they still as war-like as they were in those days?" I asked now. Cin shrugged.

"My experience with Anaerki is extremely limited. They were always very traditional. I doubt they have changed much," she said.

"I am going. I am going to ask their King..."

"Their Mürebbiye," Cin corrected.

"Their...whatever, if what was once a profitable relationship can be salvaged all these years later," I said. I spoke with iron conviction. I don't know where it came from. But the sense of anticipation was rising in me with each word that Cin spoke about the ancient, mountain people. It was some sort of hunch, a realization that this was what I was supposed to do.

"I doubt it," Cin said without affect.

"Why? Is it dangerous? You know that does not bother me," I said, moving away from the table and joining Cin and Kardes.

"Unfortunately that is true. You don't know that there is a difference between bravery and recklessness. You are lucky that Gunes protects you," she said wryly, "No, I don't doubt you would go. But I don't think you would have much success." I ignored her chiding and pressed on.

"Why not? If the bone of contention was Tanri...Well that is gone. I am in no position to dictate to outsiders. The God of the Empire is Gunes. But our allies can worship whatever they want," I said, warming to the prospect. Here it was, exactly what I had been looking for. A different kind of alliance, one that no one else would court. One that would be difficult to procure. Isn't that what Cin had been implying that I should look for? It seemed like a perfect opportunity.

"I think that it is unlikely that they have forgiven the rebuke offered by the earlier followers of Tanri," Cin explained, "They are a very proud people."

"What is more humbling that the Sultanah herself, coming in person to apologize and ask for forgiveness? We simply explain that we made a mistake in the past, turned our back on an ally...a valued ally at that, and that we want to make amends" The more I talked, the more I warmed to the idea. It seemed like an excellent strategy to me. But as finished speaking, Kardes snorted. I turned to look at her, she looked annoyed. "What?" I asked.

"You think that will be enough?" she asked, "A partnership of several hundred years, discarded over what you will now admit is a passing fad, and you think you can just say you are sorry? What right do you have to expect them to come crawling back to us?" Kardes sounded bitter as she spoke, like she could sense enormity of the harm apparently felt by the Anaerkis. Cin remained quiet, looking at my sister.

"I am not responsible for the circumstances that gave rise to the breach," I said, "I won't lean on that fact, it is unbecoming. But certainly they will be aware. I will simply say that as soon as the situation came to my attention, I decided to rectify it." Once again, I believed I had a perfectly satisfactory explanation.

"So their concerns did not come to your attention until several months into your reign? How will that fly?" Kardes shot back.

"I have been a little busy defending my country and preventing it from being overrun," I said back, now feeling hot myself. Why was Kardes fighting me so hard on this?

"There are still issues closer to home," Cin said and then she looked over at my sister, making it clear she was lending support there. I had expected both my sister and Cin to think this was an excellent idea. But they both seemed reluctant.

"There are always going to be issues at home!" I shot back, "This is a chance to do...to do what you suggested Cin, and you know it. I am seeking new connections on my own terms. What is the source of your reticence?"

"I never told you to jeopardize your existing strength in the search for something new. What are you doing to protect your current network?" Cin said and I instantly furrowed my brow.

"What are you talking about? I don't have a 'network' that is the entirety of the problem!" I said. I had no idea what my priestess was getting at. I was about to continue along this line of questioning, when Kardes cut in.

"You are going no matter what we say aren't you?" she asked.

"It is my right. And I think it is best," I said.

"And you always do what you think is best. No need ask anyone else what they think or consider other options?" She spat back.

"That is what I am doing right now. I just haven't heard anything that dissuades me," I explained.

"If you are going, then I am going to," Kardes said suddenly, "I am going to make sure that you don't do anything rash. That you don't act without thinking." I was blindsided by all of this. When had Kardes ever questioned my wisdom in the past? When had I ever acted impulsively in a way that jeopardized my position? I sometimes acted quickly, but only when the situation dictated it. I shrugged my shoulders and stared at my sister.

"We are going to be riding though the mountains, it won't be an easy trip. But you are welcome to come if you want," I said. I usually enjoyed my sister's company and I knew that it was going to be a boring trek. I didn't see any reason not to allow her to come.

"Excellent," said Cin, suddenly sounding brighter, "If that is the case, then I will make the preparations for your departure." It seemed that Cin's mood had done a 180 degree turn. Suddenly, she was not only on board with the trip, but willing to put everything in motion. I stared at her, confused, but she refused to make an indication of the sudden, seemingly impulsive change in her attitude. Why had my sister's decision to go with me made such a sudden and dramatic difference?

"I will make my own preparations. If you believe it is important, we should leave tomorrow morning. Dawn," My sister said. Then she turned and walked out the door. I watched her leave, my brow furrowed deeper and my body felt tense.

"Alright," said Cin, "Let's plan this out!" And then she jumped into the planning of my mission with great enthusiasm, all previous concerns suddenly set aside. Anytime I alluded to this change, she simply brushed me off. Instead she focused on providing me with all of the information she had on Anaerki, which was more than she had initially let on.

We had set out the next day at dawn, just as Kardes had suggested. As with my last trip to search for allies, I took my small legion with me. Saygili was in command and Soyguncu was there with a small, new contingent of cavalry to act as scouts. Cin stayed behind to manage affairs in my absence.

I had hoped that whatever problem had caused my sister to be so disagreeable the previous night had faded. But it seemed as we left that she was just as angry, if not more so, than the day before. As we traveled I tried, in vain, to start conversations on a variety of topics. I did my best to choose things that I believed my older sister cared about. But Kardes refused to commit to any conversation. She would answer my questions in a monotone 'yes' or 'no' and then speak no further. After a few hours of nervous pestering I stopped.

As we traveled north from Şehir, things did not change. Well, the scenery changed. The army traveled over grassland, forded streams, and passed nearly single file through narrow forest paths. But all the while, Kardes stewed in her silence, leaving me questioning all my actions. I tried to think back over all of my encounters with Kardes over the previous few months, but I could find nothing that would explain this hostility. Eventually I gave up even trying to find out, I ignored Kardes as she ignored me. But within, I could feel a gnawing anxiety, an unease about the source of this sudden breach.

The army seemed to take on our somber, silent mood and we traveled for several days in near silence. Morale was somewhat low as the weather turned. As we made our way through forests in the foothills outside of Anaerki, it began to rain. It was an icy cold rain that fell lazily but persistently. It lasted for days, sinking into our bones and making everyone ache.

But we pushed on. The forest grew denser as we began to climb higher into the mountains. These were not white-peaked alps, but instead old, worn, green mountains that looked like nothing more than hills from a distance but became progressively more difficult to climb the farther we went. The men's calves ached and our horses grew exhausted climbing up and down the winding paths, heading toward the center of the gray spot on our maps. We didn't really know where, exactly, we were going. We were planning on being intercepted by the Anaerkis.

About a week after we set out, this finally happened and in a particularly embarrassing and terrifying manner. We were travel on a twisting mountain pass. To our right was dense forest trending upwards towards the peak of the mountain. The trees were exceptionally dense and it was hard to see more than a few feet into the gloom. The top of the mountain was not visible. To our left was a precipitous drop off, at least twenty feet high but in some places much higher, leading to a small valley below. The path was only wide enough for two soldiers to walk abreast and we were moving slowly. Everyone leaned in towards the wooded side, trying to ensure that they did not fall off the path and into the valley below.

Saygili, Soyguncu, Kardes, and I were in the front of the pack, leading the way. We'd been navigating the treacherous pass for well over half a day, wondering when we could possible stop to eat, when it happened. We made a sharp right turn, following the path. As we turned, I felt a sudden jolt of fear and excitement. On the road, directly in front of us, were two well-armored warriors blocking the way. They stood motionless just a few dozen yards ahead of us. They were armed with long swords and they had bows strung over their back. Their bronze helmets were plumed with red feathers, giving them a particularly fearsome appearance. They matched perfectly with the legends. They were the Anaerki.

"Hail!" I said, raising my hand in a non-threatening manner. We had no desire to trespass.

"Stop, you have no idea what you're doing!" Kardes said. I realized I had acted a little impulsively after being surprised and delighted by the sudden appearance, but I was in no mood to concede that Kardes was right about anything.

"You need to relax, let me handle this," I said to her before turning back to look at the warriors on the road. As I looked, I saw one of the warriors, the one on the right, raise a hand up in the air, locked in a fist. I heard a slight rustling to my right and turned to look. I jumped on my horse and nearly pulled it over the edge of the precipice. Just inches from my face, poking out from the woods, was a heavily armored head! I glance back behind me instinctively. All along the length of our lines, soldiers had suddenly popped out of the woods. The slightest shove delivered in unison could send my entire army tumbling over the cliff.

"I told you!" Kardes said.

"It was too late anyway," I said, my heart thrumming in my chest. I turned and looked at the helmeted face again, I could see cool eyes in the open slit. I could feel the warrior's breath sour on my face. We were in extreme danger. There was really only one choice, "Legion...This is your Sultanah. Keep your weapons in your scabbards. Raise your hands over your head!" I called out loudly. I saw the warrior to my side startle slightly and I grew very nervous. But I quickly placed my hands over my heads. I could hear armor clinking behind me as my soldiers followed suit. The two warriors in front of us hand moved closer now, closing the distance between us rapidly. They stopped in front of me, taking the reins of my horse.

YKN4949
YKN4949
5,862 Followers