The Sultanah Ch. 13

Story Info
Hermaphrodite Sultanah gets revenge on her enemy's daughter.
21.6k words
4.69
36k
35

Part 13 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/08/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
YKN4949
YKN4949
5,887 Followers

Dear Reader, thank you so much for reading this story. It has taken nearly a year of my writing life to get the whole thing finished. This is Chapter 13 of 14 chapters and the total is over 250,000 words. It is my Dirk Diggler/Jack Horner act of hubris: my attempt to write an erotic adventure story that pulls you in with a story you want to read, even when there isn't any sex going on (though there is a lot of sex. Crazy, weird, fun sex). It is the most ambitious piece of erotic fiction I have ever attempted. So I hope you enjoy it.

With that said, this book is not for everyone. It will be too long for many people (no shame in that, it is a big time investment). Some of the sex scenes are intense and include themes like hermaphroditism, non-consensual activity, incest, etc. For some people, that will likely be the appeal. In fact, while this story is definitely not for everyone, I think for a select group of people this story will essentially have everything you could ever ask for. So if that is you, congratulations, you found that thing you have been searching for. You can skip ahead to the sex and I won't be offended, but I think this story is more than the sum of its parts. If you read this whole story, you will not be disappointed.

In Chapter 1, our main character, Princess Varis, finds that her father has died and that, by virtue of the fact that she is a hermaphrodite and can father a child, she is now the Sultanah. In Chapter 2, Varis unearthed a conspiracy to destroy her Empire led by Rahip, the Cardinal of the "New Religion" and later she received her coronation. In Chapter 3, Varis humiliated the New Religion and raised the morale of her besieged people. In Chapter 4, Varis lifted the siege through a daring midnight raid. In Chapter 5, Varis survived an assassination attempt and visited her harem. In Chapter 6, Varis faced a challenge to her authority and seduced a noblewoman to maintain it. In Chapter 7, Varis defeats the raiders and comforts a peasant girl. In Chapter 8, Varis is briefly engaged and kills her fiancé for betraying her. In Chapter 9, Varis slept with a member of the harem, her half-sister, while her aunt watched. In Chapter 10, Varis wed her sister and consummated the marriage. In Chapter 11, Varis sleeps with two new hermaphrodite members of the harem. Chapter 12, Varis performs a sexual ceremony with three surprising women.

Some recurring characters you might want by name are Varis (the Sultanah and narrator), Cin (the head priestess of Gunes), Arkadas (Varis' friend and servant), Kardes (Varis' older sister), Nislani (Varis' younger sister), Rahip (a Cardinal of the 'new religion'), Duke Hain (an important lord opposing Varis), Lord Sadik (a minor lord who has spoken in support of Varis); King Sican (the leader of Dusman, a rival kingdom), Prince Lider (Sican's son); King Köylü (the leader of Temsilci, a rival kingdom); Agiz and Got (Subordinate Sun Priestesses); Saygili (Varis' guard); Soyguncu (a pickpocket and spy for Varis); Tutuklu (the head concubine of the harem); Kukla (a noblewoman); Maderşahi (the leader of Anaerki, an ally). Further, Gunes is the name of the Sun God, Tanri is the name of the 'new god.' The city where the story is set is Şehir in the country of Ülke and the Empire of Bütün Dünya. If you need more...reread the earlier chapters.

Please, please, please, please, please tell me what you think after you read this. I put an embarrassing amount of work into this and I want to know what you think. Especially if it is good things.

Special Note: This chapter contains non-consensual themes and extreme sex acts. Beyond the sex, it is an exceptionally dark chapter. You have been warned.

*****

Part VII: The Final Crisis

Chapter 13: Disaster and Revenge

"No," I said simply and shook my head. There was an audible grumble in the room as my voice reverberated around the hall. It was bulging to capacity and, in fact, several lords were standing out in the hall, peeking through the open door and trying hear what was said.

"I do not believe you understood what I said. I was not asking Sultanah, I was explaining the historical situation," Duke Hain eyes were protruding out of his head and his mouth was opening and closing like his mother's legs, "Castle Inhanet was deeded to my ancestor, the fifth Duke of Bok Kafa nearly eight centuries ago, I have all of the documentation. And, under the Restoration Act of 1215, lands recovered by the Empire revert to their lawful owner or that lawful owner's heir. There is no question I am the rightful heir to the Inhanet estate and I demand to know when you intend to hand it over to me." Hain spoke with growing vehemence with each word and spit flicked from his lips. He looked around the room as if to ask the other barons assembled: can you believe I have to ask? There seemed to be some agreement with him. But I was unmoved.

"Duke Hain it has been apparent for months now that you believe me to be a particularly stupid woman. But I assure you, I understood you the first time. That is why I said 'no,'" I explained with even greater heat than Hain had brought. I could not believe that I was having this conversation here and now. Who exactly did Duke Hain believe he was and why did he believe he could speak to me in such an insolent manner. Nonetheless, my sharp manner had placed the room on edge. Everything had become extremely quiet and the barons were leaning forward, waiting to see what would happen next.

"That is against the law..." Hain began, nearly shaking with rage.

"I am the law, in case you have forgotten Duke Hain. I may suspend or selectively enforce any Act passed by any deliberative body in the Empire at my sole discretion," This, of course, was true. Though most Sultans chose to tread lightly. But I had decided that today, I was going to make an example. And it felt good.

I guess I was feeling a bit confident. I had recently returned from my trip to Anaerki and the conclusion of my alliance there. Kardes and I had returned home and it seemed my Inner Council was more united and productive than ever. I had also shepherded several actions through the Executive Assembly to control bread prices, begin plans on widening several important canals, and modernization of city defenses. Perhaps most important, we were now well into campaign season and King Lider had not returned with the Dusman army. There was no evidence of the Temsilci either. I was beginning to think that the resilience the Empire had shown in the face of their previous invasion was giving them pause. Even if I could simply hold them off for another year, I believed I could be fully prepared for the defense of the Empire.

It was in that mood of confidence that I had met with the Peers. While most of the barons' business was now conducted by the Executive Assembly, I still liked to have the Peers around on occasion, to hear concerns that might not be raised by the Executive Assembly. But today, as soon as I called the meeting into Order, Duke Hain had immediately rose (without recognition) and demanded (as he had at every Executive Assembly meeting for weeks) the "return" of Castle Inhanet.

I was not the same scared girl who had sat down on the throne nine months earlier. I was no longer willing to be cowed by this fool. I had looked to my right and I could see both Kardes and Cin wordlessly pleading with me to remain calm and to ignore the Duke's tone. But I had learned a valuable lesson (and I still consider it a valuable lesson, even in light of the events that would later befall me) that I had been too accommodating to my enemies and not nearly loyal enough to my friends. I had been trying to cultivate Duke Hain's good will for months now and the only thing that I had achieved was an emboldened foe. He had constantly tried to belittle and undermine my authority. I expected him of every treachery, included attempts at my life. He believed he could treat me infamously in my own chambers, before the Peers, and that I would simply take it. Perhaps he believed I would be embarrassed by the confrontation in front of everyone and that I would give in now, having blocked him several times at the Executive Assembly. Well Duke Hain was mistaken and Cin and Kardes were to be disappointed.

After I shut him down, Duke Hain seemed nearly apoplectic. Now he was the one to be embarrassed in front of the Peers. They avoided looking at him, feeling uncomfortable in his disappointment. Even the loyalist avoided his eye. He sputtered for several minutes, before tactlessly addressing an issue that we all understood but consciously avoided discussing.

"I should expect nothing else, you have always played favorites. Certainly if Lord Sadik had requested the proper enfeoffment of Castle Inhanet he would be swiftly obliged. You have allowed our political differences to cloud your judgement. How can any Lord know that he will receive fair treatment at your hands?" he asked, looking around desperately. I saw several Collaborationist lords nodding. They may not have liked Hain's brash style, but they knew I did not favor them. Duke Hain was attempting, rather ham-handedly, to show me the limits of my power. Rather than tempering me, this pushed me farther.

"Your right hand, Lord Örnek, petitioned just three days ago for a six month extension in paying a military tax in lieu of providing the required 125 men for the defense of the city. I granted that request and also offered additional months of indulgence in the future as needed. I have extended this courtesy to several Lords disrupted by the war, regardless of their political affiliation. This has nothing to do with overall party politics. It is about you Duke Hain, and the manner in which you present yourself here, in my throne room. Do you believe yourself to be my co-Sultan? Is that why you behave in this boorish manner? Well let me disabuse of your notion. You are a Lord. You are surrounded by your Peers. I am the Sultanah. I sit above you. I have no Peers." I could sense Cin wincing without even seeing her. I was being heavy-handed. But I felt I had earned it. I had been demure and yielding for too long.

"I have never been anything but a loyal servant to you and your family..."he began trying to win sympathy from the crowd. He actually looked and sounded hurt, I half expected tears to well in his eyes. I didn't notice if any of the Lords were agreeing with him. I kept my eyes fixed on his ugly face.

"Good," I interrupted, "Then I expect you to loyally fulfill my following request. In light of your unstatesmanlike behavior at this meeting I ask that you resign your seat on the Executive Assembly effective immediately." The crowd actually gasped now. Lord Hain had essentially invented the Assembly. He was a leader of an entire court faction. I didn't care. I was trying to shake things up, to put foolish men in their place.

Of course, there had been no plan for this. I had always hoped to remove Hain at some point in the future, if possible. I had been waiting for my political position to improve. And it had been improving. But I had not yet decided the time was right until just then. Duke Hain was still quite powerful and many men followed his every word. I wasn't really sure I was powerful enough to take him on yet. But the words came tumbling out and they felt very good on my lips. Whether or not I was truly ready politically, I was ready spiritually, and I let that guide me. Lord Hain simply stared at me for a long while. His face was incredibly red and he appeared to be trembling with rage.

"You cannot remove me..."he began.

"No I cannot, that is why I asked you to resign. But If I needed you removed, I could certainly find three votes on the Executive Assembly for your censure and impeachment, could I not? You would think a man who believes himself to be so intelligent would recognize that he is constantly outflanked" I said, cutting him off again. I had him routed. He should have recognized I was willing to make this threat without making me say it, but instead, he was forced to absorb another body blow. He stammered for several seconds before finally, being able to control himself.

"Give me my Castle and I will resign immediately," he said and I actually snorted.

"If you had come to me and discussed this with me in an appropriate venue you probably could have received that request. But you chose to make a scene here, in this venue, of all places. You have dishonored yourself and you have embarrassed me. I cannot now give you anything but my contempt," I said, savoring my ultimate triumph. How much had things changed in just a few months? Could I have even imagined to stand so firmly on my convictions just a few months ago. I felt power surging in my limbs and I knew that others could feel it as well. Hain did not even speak. Before I was even done with my remarks he was already turning towards the door.

"I do not need to stay here for this abuse," Hain said dramatically, "I am leaving, and anyone who wishes to follow me may come. We will return to the Sultanah when she is more willing to speak in a respectful manner." And soon, in a huff, Hain was out the door. A handful of hardcore Collaborationist followed him out. Loyalists looked pleased. Many others looked troubled by the discord, unsure what to do. I did not say a word, instead I sat down and I held the meeting I intended to hold the entire time.

* * * * *

"I am not saying he did not deserve it. By the Sun God's eyes I cannot even say that I did not enjoy seeing it happen. But that does not change the fact that it was a mistake," Cin was sitting next to me in the throne room and she was running her hands nervously through her hair.

"What was I just telling you about your impulsiveness?" Kardes chirped in. She was pacing in front of me and shaking her head. The rest of my Inner Council were standing around the room, not sure of how to take this sudden assertiveness. We had waited here after the meeting with the barons concluded. They had filed out slowly, many still looking dazed by the encounter. Now, several hours later, we were going around and around the confrontation from every angle. I appeared to be the only person who believed I acted correctly. I sighed.

"I was being decisive. We can all agree that Hain has developed an exaggerated notion of his own importance. I was just demonstrating that today. Did you see how few lords followed him out? I think I made my point," I said, "There is no longer any question of who is the most powerful person at this court."

"Yes, but that does not mean that you can simply get rid of him. Not everyone who supports him left. You spoke in a manner that would worry all of the Lords, not just Collaborationists," Cin said wearily.

"I have never been in a stronger position. It was time to flex some muscle domestically," I explained my thinking.

"I agree that it was time for that. But you didn't flex your muscles, you put on a weight-lifting exhibition. And you lack the endurance to maintain the show! You are more secure than ever, but you will expose your still-weak position if you push too far too fast. You should have made a smaller demonstration and then built to removing Hain over time while simultaneously isolating him at court by picking off his followers," Kardes explained. That plan actually sounded pretty effective, but I was not yet ready to admit that my bold action was any sort of a mistake.

"I have spent months neutralizing domestic enemies. It was time to heighten the division and force them into submission. I did it," I said.

"You exposed the desperateness of their position. You are consolidating your power and you have gained a valuable time for the Empire to recover. That won't convert the Collaborationists to your side. It will make them reckless," Cin predicted. I was not in any position, at that time, to recognize the wisdom of her words.

"Good, their desperation will force them into further mistakes and I will exploit those too. I wasn't lying to Hain. He probably would have gotten what he wanted if he behaved liked a gentleman. Now I get everything and he gets nothing," I said.

"Don't be so sure that your actions have not been reckless. Maybe someone is plotting to exploit your mistake as we speak," Kardes replied, annoyed.

"Let them come," I said, "I am no longer afraid." At that moment, the world seemed to slow down. I will never forget that moment as long as I lived. For some time I almost believed that I had spoken some sort of magical words, that, in my hubris, I had summoned something into being that would not have been present otherwise. That my pride had risen and Gunes had to put me in my place. I still don't know. At best, it was a horrible coincidence.

Regardless, as I spoke those fatal words the doors to the throne room were tossed open. I was not looking at them, but I could hear them swing wide and slam into the walls on either side. I heard a clanging thump as two armored bodies were tossed onto the floor in front of the door. They were my guards. But that sound was almost immediately drowned out by the sounds of swords slipping from scabbards, armor brushing together, and the roar of enraged men.

Now I was able to turn around fully and see what was happening. It was all happening so fast I didn't really comprehend what was going on. But instinctively I knew that a disaster was about to occur. My skin prickled, my heart thudded, and my stomached tightened. I swung around in slow motion in time to see men beginning to pour into the throne room. The chairs that the peers had been sitting in were still strewn about the room and my Inner Council and I were on the far side. This slowed down the advance momentarily. But nonetheless it was clear that there were dozens of men throwing chairs to both sides and making their way in my direction. These men were heavily armed and expensively armored. There was no attempt to conceal their identity. In fact, in the front of the pack, with his visor set up so that he could stare directly into my eyes, was Duke Hain.

While I lacked the full time to fully work out all of the details of what was occurring, I already knew the broad strokes even before the front line of soldiers made their way halfway through the throne room. Of course, these were Collaborationists and their retainers. Duke Hain and his followers had been waiting for months for me slip up so that they could seize my power and destroy my dynasty. I had worked carefully and wisely and I had denied them any chance to do so. They had bided their time and come up with nothing. Then, today, they had seen me flex my muscles and they knew that the people, the other Peers, and the world as a whole were growing to accept my existence. Rather than strengthen with time, their hand was growing weaker. There were fewer Collaborationist than ever and they were certain to keep shrinking if they did nothing.

And so Hain had quickly gathered his loyal followers. They had likely discussed this possibility many times in the past, waiting for the proper opportunity. They had already been in the city, no need to crash the gates. I had few guards in the palace (most were on the city walls, waiting for external threats) and they had quickly overpowered my household retainers. They planned to rush into the throne room and murder me.

They would perform a coup, perhaps placing Hain on the throne or presenting the city to Dusman. Either way, with me dead they would present the situation as a fait accompli to the other Peers. With no choice, my dynasty would die and no one would say a word. They no longer believed they had anything to lose. It was a desperate plan, but the Collaborationists no longer believed they had any alternative. And, like my own boldness and decisiveness earlier, it seemed to be bearing fruit. They had breached the palace, found the throne room, and they were coming for me now.

YKN4949
YKN4949
5,887 Followers