The Swinging Door

Story Info
New neighbor gives Mike a hard time.
2.6k words
4.08
33.3k
5
3

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/12/2022
Created 11/15/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Editor: WhiteWave48

Chapter 1 - New neighbor gives Mike a hard time

My strange story begins on a sultry summer's day in a harborside suburb of Sydney, Australia. I stumbled out of bed, my head as dull and thick as the weather, my eyes barely open, grateful that there was no one to nag me for padding around the house in nothing but a T shirt and wrinkled boxers. It had been a late night, but I couldn't seem to sleep past my normal waking time.

More by the Braille method than memory, I found my way into the kitchen of the spacious, nicely-furnished home that I had just moved into and was renting by the month. My clients had so much business here, it was easier to rent than to stay in a hotel and fly back and forth to the states every few weeks. After coaxing a couple of pieces of scorched toast from a testy toaster and downing some funny-tasting orange juice from a carton that warned it was 'best to consume' several weeks back, I perked up a bit.

I knew I should have pulled on my jeans first, but after a quick peek up and down the street I didn't see a soul, so I made a quick dash to the end of the walkway to grab the morning paper. Due to an unfortunate combination of a reckless attitude and a poor aim, the newspaper-boy usually managed to fling my morning newspaper into someone else's yard. That morning was no exception.

Getting down on my hands and knees, I reached into the thicket of the neighbor's hedge and managed to extract most of the paper without trouble. Absent-mindedly I eyed the day's depressing headlines, grimly musing as to why Fate decreed that the Food and Fashion Sections (useless, in my opinion) always survived intact while the front page and critical Sports Section were often rendered unreadable by morning dew or recent rain.

Still kneeling and absorbed in the ball scores of the day before, I was shocked by a decidedly female voice from above.

"Wouldn't it be easier to buy your own paper?"

I froze, but out of the corner of my eye a splash of morning sunlight on flimsy pastel caught my attention. The flimsy, it turned out, was my next-door neighbor clad in nothing but a light green (did they call that 'English lime' or 'avocado'?) negligee and a short white silken bathrobe, tied loosely in the front. I couldn't see her face, but what I could see was very nice.

The real estate broker, I recalled, had said something about my next-door neighbors. The lady of the house was an attractive blonde, Jenny, married to somebody named... Lewis, or Lawrence, or... totally blank... I think she called him 'Guy' for some reason. He, however, was the last thing on my mind at this point.

"Damn," I muttered to myself, "who is this foxy lady?"

As that thought tripped across my mind my eyes wandered up toward a pair of pretty legs, silken panties, jutting breasts and hard nipples. Needless to say, my lower regions began to respond.

"Cat got your tongue?"

"More like the pussy," I answered, then thought... did I really say that?

"I thought I was the only one up this early," she said, pleasantly.

What could I say? The sun was not the only thing coming up fast at this point. Before I could say a thing, Jenny reached down, grabbed my right hand and pulled me to my feet. As I rose up, so did the rest of me. I was pleasantly surprised to get a full view of Jenny although I was not able to hide my state of mind. An unusual coolness on my lower parts caused me to look down to see my hard dick sticking straight out of my boxers like a large pink broom handle.

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled, waiting for a slap, or a scream to wake up the neighborhood.

Jenny, acting as if a man's stiff prick poking out of his shorts was the most normal thing in the world, simply shook my hand with a very firm and warm handshake. Another neighbor jogged by as we were speaking, noticeably slowing his pace and widening his eyes as he passed the two of us. I was trying very hard to keep my eyes level with hers, without much success.

"I think I heard you come in late last night," I said, trying to re-position the newspaper over my rising interest. "Did you have a good time?"

"Well... I did, but..." Jenny hesitated. She was flushed and excited about something, and a little anxious. She looked steadily into my eyes, then lowered her gaze and blushed. I couldn't tell if she was looking at the ground, or staring at my throbbing cock, which was now causing the newspaper to move, as if on its own accord.

"I need a second opinion," she finally blurted out. "On something that happened last night. Can we talk?"

"Sure," I said, shifting the newspaper a little higher to a more strategic position. "Want to come over after we both get dressed?"

"No," Jenny said, breathlessly, "I need to talk now."

Before I could say another word, Jenny rushed up the sidewalk towards my front door, with me in her wake. She strode right through the front hallway, took a quick right to the living room, and sat down on one of the blue velvet Queen Anne wing chairs, next to the Italian marble fireplace. In that position her short robe didn't cover much, riding up over her thighs and giving me a quick glimpse of that pretty puss before she changed positions and crossed her lovely legs.

"Is it too early for a drink?" my pretty neighbor asked, a little nervously.

"I make a wicked Bloody Mary," I replied, with an emphasis on the "wicked". I took a little longer than necessary in the kitchen to let Big Ben cool down, and when I returned with two tall glasses (I didn't want her to drink alone), she took a long pull on her frosty glass and relaxed a bit.

"To start with, none of this was my idea, you know," Jenny said after taking a deep breath. "It never would have happened," she insisted, "if my husband hadn't decided to... well, I'll get to that. But it really is," she said firmly, "all his fault."

Nothing new there, I thought, it's always our fault, isn't it?

"Last week." Jenny continued, "Guy ran into Rick and Marti, our former neighbors. We had all moved in to this neighborhood at the same time and pretty soon the four of us had become good friends. Unfortunately, a few years ago, Rick changed jobs and he and Marti moved away. After a while, we just lost touch with them. Then, after not seeing them for... I don't know how long, my husband runs into them in town."

"It turned out that Rick's company was throwing a big party, a "special" party, he called it, for their top clients. As it turns out, one VIP couple cancelled out at the last minute, so Rick said he could bring Guy and me as his guests instead."

This got my attention. "What kind of special party?" I asked.

"That's what I said when Guy told me about this," responded Jenny. "But, he didn't really know other than lots of interesting people would be there and since the theme of the party was 'Famous Lovers,' everybody had to come in an appropriate costume. Guy, naturally, had accepted on the spot without even thinking to check with me."

Jenny frowned, then looked at her hands.

"Rick was a real nice fellow, and I always liked his wife too," Jenny added, as she looked up, "but Marti was so... well, so outgoing and kind of risque. I mean, you didn't know sometimes if she was kidding about something or not."

Jenny's voice trailed off, but you could tell that when she was describing Marti, she was talking about someone who was not at all inhibited, and Jenny was both excited by and wary of that.

"And besides," Jenny continued hesitantly, "with that long blonde hair of hers, and that body, which she loves to show off... Marti used to be a bunny, you know, when they had those Playboy clubs."

"You don't say?" I said as my eyebrows shot up.

Jenny looked at me and smiled. "I see I have your attention now, but please, I just have to get this all out. You might be shocked by what I'm about to tell you and I don't know what you'll think of me, but don't say anything until I'm through. Just listen, ok?"

I nodded my head, sat down on the sofa opposite her and waved my hand, as if to say 'go right ahead'. Without pausing, Jenny proceeded to tell a tantalizing tale that many might find indecent, immoral, or even scandalous. As for me, I obeyed Jenny... and I just listened.

*

As Jenny described Marti and the way men would devour her body with their eyes, I could tell that Jenny was just a little jealous of Marti. Not so much because of her friend's looks, since Jenny too was quite a beauty, but more in terms of the confidence that Marti exuded, the way she soaked up the stares of the men and tossed off the glares of other women.

Jenny went on to explain, with some embarrassment, that she knew men found her attractive too, but she simply did not know how to handle the situation, since she loved her husband, but she needed more than just kind words and a friendly pat on the arse now and then.

It wasn't that he – the hubster – was not attentive or not fun to be with, but... she was beginning to feel that life might be passing her by. Truthfully, she sometimes felt that her life was stifling and suffocating. She needed to have a little fun, she thought, before the game was up. Alas, her own guilt and anxiety was holding her back as much as Guy.

She had been, more or less, faithful to Guy from the very beginning of their relationship, at least if you didn't count the occasional short-term fling with an old friend, solo performances with her favorite vibrator, or those torrid cyber-sex encounters. In fact, it was through the internet that she had come to understand that her erotic thoughts and fantasies were absolutely normal.

Her mind wandered to some of those hot private discussions where she chatted about unmentionable things which, although embarrassing at first, had gradually opened her eyes to her own powerful feelings and the wonderful way she could pleasure herself. The things she said and pretended to do in cyberspace were, she thought with a smile, really wild and perhaps even disgracefully wanton. But ohhh, they turned her on and made her soooo hot and wet!

At first Jenny was ticked off at Guy for accepting an invitation to a party without consulting her. If she had ever done such a thing without checking with him, he would have had a cow. Of course, the truth was, if Guy had asked her if she wanted to go, she probably would have said 'no'; but now, the more she thought about it, the more she began to look forward to the party.

Guy was also looking forward to the party, but he hadn't a clue as to what to wear. They went through a number of history's famous pairs of lovers, but Guy nixed one after another, for various ill-defined reasons. Jenny liked Romeo and Juliet, but Guy wouldn't wear tights. Helen of Troy was out because Guy didn't think he'd look good compared to Brad Pitt. Guy suggested he could be Oscar Wilde, until Jenny gave him the evil eye and reminded her hubby that Oscar, although married, was a raging queen, and she was not about to go as his 'boyfriend' or his cuckolded wife.

Jenny finally hit on the story of Sheherazade, the heroine of A Thousand and One Nights. By her own ingenuity, Sheherazade had staved off her execution, night after night, by continuing to beguile the powerful ruler of an Arabian Kingdom with tales of great drama and excitement, many of them involving the mystical and mysterious power of a Genie. Eventually, the king was so impressed that he made the comely Sheherazade his queen.

With this romantic story in mind, Jenny suggested that Guy go to the party as an Arabian Prince while she would be Sheherazade. Guy finally agreed, at least in part because in his mind Sheherazade would have worn one of those head-to-toe, I'm-in-here-somewhere burkas made so popular by those friendly Taliban folks.

That Saturday morning, as she was putting the finishing touches on the outfit, the telephone rang. Jenny listened to the one side she could hear, and got madder as it went on. A business trip suddenly came up and Guy had to go out of town. Jenny knew he didn't really "have" to go, but she decided not to say anything, mostly because if she said a thing it would lead to another argument.

After he had gotten her all excited about the party, it was all off. She could have strangled him. He didn't even say he was sorry. Just, "you go on by yourself." Sure.

She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of letting him know how pissed she was, so she said, in as light a tone as she could muster, "Oh I might," and then waved to him as he hustled out the door. She sighed, picked up the phone and called the hotel where Rick and Marti were staying.

Marti answered, listened for a while, then said, "Hold on; I'll be right over." Perplexed, Jenny hung up without saying more.

Before long, Marti arrived, breathless, excited, and not willing to take no for an answer. When Jenny insisted that it wouldn't be right for her to go alone, Marti had the perfect answer: they had already told the boss that Jenny was a major potential client, and after the first couple had bombed out, it would be terrible for Rick if Jenny canceled out as well. She just had to go.

"We'll swing on by and pick you up around 8," said Marti. "It's a special party and we think you'll have a great time. See you then."

Jenny went back to her sewing, then had a sudden thought. Yes, she would go, and the costume no longer had to please her foolishly jealous husband. She would, for the first time in a long while, please herself. After all, she was not going to do anything wrong; she had always been a good girl, and that was not about to change.

When Jenny had put the finishing touches on her arabesque outfit, she slipped out of her clothes right there and tried it on, wriggling into the brief, jeweled two-piece with its soft, sheer harem pants and floating veils. It was time to see the whole effect – in a mirror.

She was usually critical of her figure and frowned as she saw things that no one else would ever criticize, so this time she poured herself a double of Jameson before going in to take a good look at herself in the tall mirror at the end of the hallway. She was surprised by what she saw.

In truth, she looked like she had appeared out of an ancient Middle East lamp, rubbed by a startled stranger, thereby invoking a shimmering vision, gradually assuming human form from a vaporous cloud of smoke and mystery. She was just stunning.

Before long, Rick and Marti picked her up and she was off to an adventure she would never had dreamed of, even in a wet dream.

To be continued...