The Therapist Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Shaima32
Shaima32
1,214 Followers

There were work hours and out of work hours. She organised her schedule along regular work hours as best she could. Casual clothes went back into the wardrobe and every morning she put on office clothes and for the first three months she literally got into her car and drove around the block before returning to work where she went straight into the office. It seemed a silly routine but it helped to centre her into the idea that she was going from home to work. In the evenings or when she'd finished work, she repeated the process and after pulling into the garage, changed into casual clothes and put work out of her mind.

The lines had become blurred however with the arrival of Damien, by then she'd stopped that routine and used to just go straight to her office without driving around the block. Having her son in the house, despite the home help was a distraction that couldn't just be wished away. There were times she had to step in and spend time with him. It was that dual pull between home and work that many women struggled with, equality had brought many advantages but it too was a double edged sword.

Being human meant making mistakes and owning them. She'd said that countless times and there were times she caught herself making the same mistakes as her clients. Getting caught up in the need to control everything. She was married to a younger man who prided himself on his alpha male status and yet mocked it at the same time, one of his more endearing qualities was a healthy sense of self depreciation. It was no doubt a quality that drew Svetlana to him. She'd pored over that woman's Facebook page and been startled to discover that she'd met Robbie over eighteen months ago, not long after Damien was born. Was that when it began? Did she seduce him or was it a mutual thing? Their sex life had been through a rough patch immediately after the birth, Valerie had been unable to breast feed despite her best efforts. It depressed her although Robbie was quite happy with her larger breasts. At some point that night, Valerie passed out on the couch.

She woke to the constant ding dong of the door bell and the knowledge that she was still fully dressed. Her mouth felt like the bottom of a bird cage and she had a stinking headache. For a few moments she actually considered ignoring the doorbell but then common sense took over. If the person on the other side of the door didn't get an answer they might assume the worst and call the police.

Karen greeted her with a wry smile as Valerie blinked against the sunlight. She was wearing a long-sleeved pink shirt tucked into black trousers that matched the black tailored jacket, a photo ID card hung from her neck. She had a wicker basket in one hand and her handbag slung over her shoulder and was just putting her phone away.

"I was just about to call," she ran her eyes over Valerie, "God, did you sleep in that?"

"Afraid so," she scratched her head, "I must have passed out."

"I thought so," Karen replied, "I never got a reply so I kind of assumed you were out to it, I nearly called but decided against it."

"I can't remember much, I know we chatted."

"We certainly did," she replied, "for three and a half hours."

"Oh," Valerie frowned as Karen shifted from one foot to the other.

"So, are you gonna give me the Jehovah's Witness treatment or invite me inside? I brought some food and some orange juice," she glanced at the basket.

"Come in," she stepped back and let Karen enter, "but I need a fucking shower."

"Yeah, that might help," Karen chuckled.

"My mouth feels like the bottom of a bird cage."

"How about you have that shower and I'll get breakfast?"

"Thanks, sorry about this."

"Don't worry about it," she smiled.

Nevertheless, Valerie did worry about it as she made her way up the stairs to the bathroom with the phone in her hand. The Messenger app was still open at her conversation with Karen. She couldn't recall tapping out much of what she'd said. There were gaps in her memory, as if someone or something had erased sections of her memory leaving nothing but blankness. The last thing she'd sent to Karen was a selfie. The front of her dress had been pulled aside to reveal a bare breast and she'd added the words. Suck on this.

What the fuck was I thinking?

The hot shower woke her up but it didn't wash away the embarrassment. That only came some twenty minutes later when she made her way down the stairs dressed in a tan top and jeans, Karen had tidied up the living room and she felt a twinge of guilt when she saw the empty Jack Daniels bottle beside the bin.

"I didn't know where your recycling bin was," Karen leaned against the bench.

"That's fine," she ran a hand through her wet hair, "um, about that photo, I can't remember taking it at all."

"I kind of guessed that," she checked her watch, "been there, done that and got the tee shirt. I have to be at school in about an hour but I thought I'd take a detour and check up on you."

"Some detour," Valerie looked at the croissants and orange juice, "you didn't have to go that far but thanks, I've cleared my schedule for today. Back to work next week."

"Not taking more time off?" Karen asked as Valerie took a seat at the table.

"Can't afford to," she sighed, "the husband leaves you keep working, he comes back you keep working, he brings his mistress back you keep working. I can't just drop work because Robbie is rooting that little slut behind my back. I am pissed off that I didn't see the signs earlier."

"You wouldn't be the first," she adjusted her cuff, "you won't be the last."

Valerie sighed and nodded.

"He's coming back tomorrow, to move the rest of his shit out. I told him to do it in the afternoon, I have to drop Damien off at mum's place. I'll tell her then as well, I'm not ready to tell her today."

"Do you need me to come around tomorrow?"

"Why not?" Valerie contemplated a croissant, "we may as well fire up the barbie and have a party at the same time, we can all sit around talking about bastard men."

"Sounds good," she chuckled, "count me in."

It was the kind of flirting she expected from Karen but she had little time to contemplate anything with another person. There were things to organise now that she'd cleared her client schedule until Monday, such as getting his name taken off the utilities, taking his things out of the house and into the garage, and writing up a list of things she had to get done over the next month. At some point she would have to involve a lawyer, change her insurance policy and arrange access visits and that brought her to the problem of Damien. How did you tell an eighteen month old child that mum and dad weren't going to be living in the same house?

And yet that turned out to be easier than thought. Children are surprisingly adaptable to changed situations, Damien seemed to adjust easily enough although there were tears when his father left but that was where Karen came into her own, distracting him with silly games. She was just one of the people on hand that afternoon. Valerie had several girlfriends around for a yard cleaning exercise and barbie. By the time Robbie arrived to clean out his things the yard was filled with friends and family, and whilst he knew most of them he preferred to keep out of the way and just carry boot loads of things away over the next couple of hours. When he finished she saw him briefly on the path beside the garage.

"So, is there any chance?"

"None," she folded her arms, "we had this discussion when you proposed to me, I may forgive in time but I will never forget."

He actually looked hurt by that statement and mumbled something under his breath.

"We'll work out a time for you to see Damien," she reassured him, "but for now it's best you go and do what you have to do."

She wasn't aware Karen was moving up behind her as he turned and walked down the path but when she turned around she found herself barely a foot away.

"That's the worst of it over," Valerie bit her lip.

"Let's hope so."

"Hold me," she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around her.

"Holding is good," Karen squeezed her and rubbed her back, "you'll get yourself sorted out."

"I have to organise other babysitters," she sighed a minute or so later, "Aludra can only do a few days and I can't afford the day care."

"We'll sort something out," she reassured her.

It was not a promise made in vain as Valerie discovered over the next three weeks. Mandy, Karen's youngest daughter was on hand at least once or twice a week and other women came forward to offer their help too. One of them was Karen, she came around at night at least twice a week and kept her company. At first Valerie thought this was the start of something else but Karen seemed quite content to just sit and chill out, pass the time of day or play with Damien. It was almost like having a partner she conceded to Anne a few weeks later.

"I mean the woman is gay but she hasn't made a move towards me."

"Why should she? If a guy was to start coming around would you jump into bed with him?"

"It would depend if he looked like Johnny Depp," she replied.

"Well, apart from him."

"No, not necessarily. It's not like I don't have needs, just not right now."

"So, why should gay people be any different? Maybe she's just being friendly or maybe she's just sounding you out. Take it as it comes or take it any way you can get it."

"I almost could," she sighed.

"Well, you'll get my support no matter which way you go."

It was a comforting thought and yet it was hard to describe her feelings for Karen. On a basic level she liked her. Karen might have a responsible job but she was surprisingly uncomplicated and very easy going. Even when Damien was pushing her, Karen didn't react the way she expected. She would laugh it off, laugh with him or pull him into line but to be fair, she'd raised four children. On a deeper level she valued her as a sounding board, Karen could listen without interrupting and then dispense practical advice without making it sound like it was coming from an older woman. It was at the very deepest level however that Valerie felt conflicted because she felt a definite attraction towards her that felt both arousing and risky.

It was a situation that could have gone on for months if not for the fact that Karen decided to move out of the house for two weeks to give Jonah time to move his things out and get a builder to finally complete an extension that had been sitting partially built for the last twelve months. It had become an eyesore because neither of them were happy with the work but there were legal issues to deal with before it could be completed. However because both parties wanted to separate, they agreed to settle out of court for much less and use the money to finish the extension.

She could have stayed at any number of places as she was leaving her youngest daughter with Jonah to give them both some quality time together, but taking Valerie's offer was both practical and gave her a chance to get to know her better. They would have two weeks together and then Jonah would be out of the house and she'd be back there.

"I could even be back within a week going by the conversation Jonah had with the builder over the phone tonight," Karen leaned her upper arm across the back of the couch.

"Mind you it could be the builder making wild promises, you know how men love to brag."

"Robbie was always bragging," she managed a tired smile as she finished folding the last of the clothes, "if I'd managed to talk him into folding clothes he would have been the best clothes folder in the history of clothes folding."

"Touché," Karen put her empty coffee cup on the table, "so you're okay with sharing a house with me for a couple of weeks."

"I'm fine," she replied, "I might even get sick of you."

"Likewise," she flicked at her hair, "okay, I have to love you and leave you," she got to her feet, "I'll probably drop by after dinner tomorrow night."

Valerie nodded as she followed her to the door. She'd been here for the better part of an hour, normally she stayed three or four hours but tonight was a flying visit. She took Robbie's old house keys down from the hook and handed them to her.

"You may as well take these now," she glanced at the alarm panel, "the smaller key turns off the alarm but I'll be here anyway."

"No worries," she squeezed her shoulder.

Valerie turned slowly, she was inches from Karen's face and without thinking she leaned across and kissed her gently on the lips. The kiss took the other woman by surprise and somewhat worried, Valerie swallowed and brushed at her lips.

"Shit, sorry."

"Don't be," Karen replied, "it was a nice kiss."

Valerie smiled as she contemplated her and then she put her hands on Karen's waist and kissed her again. This one was a little longer but it was definitely not a mere peck. She felt a slight tremor and the slight pressure on her belly as Karen's fingers danced over her belly, sending her nerve endings tingling and then the moment was past and both women were taking a half step back.

"That was a little sudden."

"If you want me to withdraw my offer, I will."

"I'm not asking you to," she looked past her, "but Jonah is away at her place for the night and I've got a daughter at home."

"So go," Valerie moved forward and kissed her fiercely as she squeezed her buttocks firmly, "family is important."

It was only when she heard Karen driving away some five minutes later that Valerie closed her eyes and put her back to the wall. Her heart was pounding and she felt a delicious warmth in her belly, she savoured the moment as she recalled the last kiss in front of an open door, an open-mouthed kiss that might have been seen by her drug dealing neighbours.

I kissed a woman, she smiled, and I liked it.

She opened her eyes as a child's cry split the silence.

Damn it, he's awake.

To be continued...

Shaima32
Shaima32
1,214 Followers
12