The Things You Make Me Feel Ch. 08

Story Info
Happy birthday, Bro.
23.8k words
4.82
45k
107

Part 8 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 12/26/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
blackmatter
blackmatter
1,311 Followers

"I'm so glad you've finally found the time for us," Kara said venomously as she sipped her cocktail on a girl-outing the following Thursday evening.

"I'm sorry," Ellie said. "I know I've been a lousy friend this past week, but I've been so busy."

"Too busy to pick up your phone?"

"I said I was sorry, but I have been busy."

"Jason?" Dayna said.

"Yeah, among other things."

By other things, Ellie was referring to her precious brother, who'd been hogging the bulk of her leisure time. On Monday, she'd joined Michela and him on a road trip, and she couldn't have had a better time with them. She'd totally delivered on that day, obliterating the bleak memory of their last getaway into oblivion. She and Oliver had even risked it in the car and held hands with Michela in the backseat. She felt as if they were a family, a real family, and she'd wished for that day to never end.

For the rest of the week, she had been dividing her time among her lover, her niece, and Dave. She and Michela were growing closer by the day, especially when Ellie had begun taking some of the load off of Oliver's shoulders regarding his daughter's meals and baths. Ellie was getting quite attached to her niece, even if she herself hadn't realized just how much.

She and Oliver had been having their stolen moments once Michela was asleep: taking long strolls in the cold, pretending to watch a movie in the living room when they were actually fooling around under the wool blanket, and taking drives to remote places where they could love each other freely.

In between, Ellie was planning Oliver's birthday party with Dave, who as her confidant, was rewarded with the truth about her and their bro, even if she initially hadn't intended to divulge it. It would have been futile anyway, Ellie knew, since Dave had seen right through their act, and she really needed someone to confide in about them however difficult it was for her to admit their relationship to Dave and for him to accept it.

"Has he been giving you problems?" Dayna said.

"Surprisingly, no. I think that what happened on Sunday persuaded him to give up. He moved out on Tuesday, and I changed locks promptly." Ellie sipped her appletini, brooding on Jason. "And don't forget I had a wedding to cancel, which has cost my parents a shitload of money."

"No offense, Ell," Kara said, "but your parents can afford it. Hell, you can afford it."

"Yeah, but still..."

"Didn't Jason pay half?" Dayna said.

"No, I didn't want him to. It was me who got us in this mess. I knew I didn't love him for months, and yet I stalled, and stalled... hopefully, he'll think better of me now."

"I don't think he could've paid for his half even if you'd forced the bill down his throat," Kara sneered. "He's broke, isn't he?"

"He's not broke, but... he doesn't have great means, either."

"He doesn't even own a car," Kara scoffed. "What guy at this age doesn't own a car?"

"He didn't need one! It's not that he couldn't afford it."

"Either way, you made the right call. He would've only mooched on your inheritance."

"Kar, Jason's not like that; he's a decent guy. Just because I don't love him anymore, doesn't make him a bad person. He's a good guy, and he'll find the right girl for him in the end."

"Fantastic; very mature of you, Ell. Now can we please stop talking about that broke loser?"

Dayna and Ellie burst out laughing while Kara smiled proudly. The straight face which Kara was serving her digs with was priceless.

"You're just incorrigible, aren't you," Ellie giggled as she quaffed her beverage. "Fine. What does Kara wanna talk about? Brad again?"

"Dear god, no. I don't even wanna remember I ever knew that barely four-incher."

Dayna chortled, and Ellie was equally amused.

Since Kara had always been very graphic about her sex life, Dayna and Ellie, along with currently absent Lyndsey, felt they could have probably picked Brad's small cock out of a police lineup.

"Then what guy do you wanna talk about?"

"You know, Ell, it really hurts when you always think that all I do is talk about guys. I do have other interests, you know."

"Such as?"

"Stuff," Kara said cryptically and shot her drink down her gullet. "Like... boys."

The trio guffawed again.

"Well, excuse me for being so quick to judge," Ellie said sarcastically, stressing all the right vowels for the perfect delivery. "So what guy—sorry—what boy do you wanna talk about?"

Kara smiled as she pulled back her russet-dyed, shoulder-length hair. "Your hot brother as a matter of fact."

"My hot brother? I have three hot brothers; be specific."

"She does make a good point there," Dayna agreed while smiling knowingly at Kara, which hadn't escaped Ellie's perceptive eyes.

Kara smirked back at Dayna before she shot Ellie a sly look. "The super-hot."

Ellie's blood seethed in her veins as she stared into Kara's man-eating eyes. For her best friend's sake, she'd better not be alluding to her baby bro.

"That doesn't help narrowing it down," Ellie said in a strict, no-nonsense tone.

"Really?" Kara frowned in surprise, her long nail circling the rim of her empty glass. "I was sure it would clear up the situation..."

Ellie gulped, anger welling up inside her. "Well, by that slutty look in your eyes, you'd better not be talking about Jack."

Kara snorted. "Oh, please. Out of all your hot brothers, he's the least hot." She chuckled and ordered another round for the three of them. "Besides, I would never go after an attached guy."

"Wouldn't you?" Ellie said, all kinds of insinuations in her tone.

"Well"—Kara smirked playfully—"not after an attached guy who's my best friend's brother."

"Isn't that comforting," Ellie retorted. "So you're not talking about Jack?"

"Try try again."

"One down; one to go," Dayna said.

Ellie shot Dayna a look, now confident that she was in the know, before setting her eyes back on Kara. "Well, it's a tough one, so why don't you spare me this game and tell me what exactly you want us talk about that involves one of my brothers."

"Isn't that exciting?" Dayna said, indeed looking excited. "How she keeps the thrill going by not guessing further?"

"It is, actually," Kara admitted with a grin and sipped her drink. "I've been lately thinking that... you know, that Sunday has helped me realize a few things."

"Do tell."

"Well, for starters, I've realized how much I love you."

"I'm touched."

"As you should be. In fact, I love you so much, Ell, that I want us to be this close forever."

"Oh, stop. You're gonna get my mascara running soon."

Kara gave a strained giggle while revising her approach since Ellie seemed to her quite unfriendly if her wry, expressionless replies were anything to go by. The tension around the table was very much palpable.

"Can I be honest with you here, Ell?"

"You must."

Kara sipped her drink while weighing her words. "You see, I've been doing some thinking, and I've realized that... we're not that young anymore! Yeah, we're hot and still have great bodies, but... it's time to settle down. Don't you think?"

"You gotta be kidding me. You, the eternal party girl, is done partying?"

"I know I've sorta got a reputation of livin' it large—and don't get me wrong, it has been a great life for me—but... it kinda loses its appeal after a while, you know?"

"I can't believe what I'm hearing here. How would you ever be able to give up all those meaningless one-night stands?"

"Fuck you, Ellie. Not all of us were fortunate to hop between one meaningful relationship to another. And I'm not ashamed of myself. Yeah, I've been playing the field and probably fucked more guys than I should have, but it doesn't mean that I don't want the same things you, Dayna, and Lyndsey want."

"So what are you saying, Kar?"

"I'm saying that... I don't wanna keep doing this! To still be partying in my thirties like a sad middle-aged slut. I'm 27 for god's sake! I want what Lyndsey and Liam have. I want a husband and kids and the whole white picket fence shit, maybe even a dog... oh, and a nice—"

"Kara."

"But I digress. Anyhow, I'm worn out by this debauched lifestyle, and I'm looking for a serious, committing relationship now."

"Fascinating," Ellie remarked in the same cold, remote way she had been commenting until now. "What does all of this have to do with the brother we speak of?"

"Good question. So while I'm reflecting on this life-changing revelation, what do you know? Sunday happened."

"I'm still not following."

"Your brother totally made a move on me, and I, obviously, shot him down out of respect for you, but... I kinda like him, and I want you to give me your okay."

"You want to date my brother," Ellie reiterated, if only to make sure she understood correctly.

"I do. And again, I'm in a totally different mindset now. I'm not gonna play games with him; you have my word."

Ellie calmly sipped her appletini and pondered which of Kara's cheeks she was going to slap first. The left one did seem to be begging for it. Yeah, she was going to pull her hair, and then...

Ellie started laughing, overwhelmed by the welcome sensation of relief. Kara and Dayna were amused, yet they did not interrupt Ellie while she was cracking up for a long moment.

"Oh my god..." Ellie ended her laugh with a part sigh part giggle.

Kara laughed, as well, though in a more anxious, confounded manner. "So, is that a yes?"

"Kar, you know you're like a sister to me... of course it's a yes! Go for it! I'll be the first to congratulate you if it actually works out."

"Oh my god, seriously, Ellie?"

"Seriously! And honestly, you're like a really good fit, if you don't mind the age gap."

"God," Kara giggled in amazement. "I was so worried you were gonna veto it! I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that you trust me with your brother."

"Why not?! And I know it's early and all, but just think that if you hit it off and got married... you could be my sister in-law!"

"Yes! That was... the exact point I was going for at the beginning! I'm so glad you... Ellie, thank you."

"Not a problem. Listen, Kara, you are an amazing person who's just struck out in love. And I know my brother; he's one of the good guys. I'm sure that with Dave it's gonna be differ—"

"Hold it, hold it, back it up," Kara chimed in, her eyes widening. "What do you mean with Dave?"

"What do you mean what I mean? You were talking about Dave, weren't you?"

Kara slowly shook her head, her eyes equally expressive.

"I'm pretty sure she was talking about the other one," Dayna murmured in a serpentine, sleek voice. "You know, Jason's slayer..."

Ellie almost sprained her neck when her screwing her head to her BFF in disbelief. "Oliver?"

Kara nodded in trepidation. "Yeah..."

The blonde shook her head, rage and pain bubbling through her. "No, this can't be. There's no way Oliver made a move on you."

The insult was carved all over Kara's face. "Why not?!"

"Because... it's just impossible!"

"Ohhhh, so I'm good enough for Dave but not for Oliver?!"

"Yes!"

"Oh my god!" Kara said in shock.

Ellie pulled her fair hair back, desperately clinging to composure. "No, I didn't mean it like that. It's just that... Oliver is an infant! Do you really wanna be going out with a 22-year-old?!"

"23 on Saturday, and we've already established that I'm fine with the age gap. I've always liked them younger anyway; you know that."

"How do you even know that his birthday is on Saturday?!"

"He's on your Facebook! Duh!"

Ellie gobbled up Dayna's drink and shook her head in ire. "You know he has a daughter, don't you? Do you really want that kind of baggage?!"

"I can't say it didn't bother me at first, but you know what? The hell with it! It just means that he's more mature and be less likely to play games. I can't keep waiting for the absolute perfect package; otherwise, I'm gonna stay single forever." She sipped her cocktail, crossing her toned legs. "And I really can't fault him. He's insanely hot, a great father, and he's your brother, which is really just a bonus." She sighed, her eyes begging into Ellie's. "And we have serious chemistry, Ell. This could be it."

Ellie couldn't believe her ears. Every word her best friend had uttered felt like a thrust of a dagger into her chest. She ordered a beer and clammed up.

"Dayna, help me out here," Kara sighed wearily.

Dayna bobbed her head, also confused at Ellie's reaction. "Ellie, why yes to Dave and no to Oliver?"

"Exactly! Why is it okay for me to date Dave but not Oliver?"

Ellie sighed and chose her words carefully. "Kara, we've been best friends since college, and don't take it the wrong way, but I'm telling you that there is no way in hell Oliver is interested in you!"

"Again with that?! What the fuck makes you say that?!"

"Because Oliver is not into slutty!"

Kara and Ellie rarely quarreled in the eight years they had been best friends, but when Kara made the mistake of showing interest in Ellie's man, all bets were off.

"You should talk! Half of this joint is staring into your cleavage! It looks like your tits are gonna pop any second!"

Blood mounted up in Ellie's cheeks, her blue eyes darting around in embarrassment, since Kara made it common knowledge with her screams. "FYI, a girl can dress sexy and not be slutty, and you know why? Because slutty is a behavioral pattern! A pattern you are all too aware of." Ellie took a swig from her beer and shot a derisive look at Kara. "I'm just saying, and just like you admitted before: you are not known for being not loose."

Kara's eyes welled up with tears. "I can't believe I'm hearing this from my best friend... is this really what you think of me, Ellie? That I'm just a no-good slut who can't possibly attract anything but scum?"

Dayna considered Ellie in befuddlement, hating Kara's tears. "Ellie, you're way out of line. Why are you talking to her like that?"

Seeing the rivulets of tears that coursed down her best friend's cheeks, Ellie knew she'd gotten carried away. "Kar, I'm... shit."

"I have never in my life been insulted and hurt like that, not even by my worst enemies."

"Kar, I'm sorry; I'm so sorry. I don't know why I said those disgusting things, but it's not at all what I think of you."

"Yeah, right!" Kara wept. "You think I'm a loose skank! That's what you think of me."

"No, honey, not at all." Ellie rose and pulled Kara into her embrace when she sat beside her. "If I thought that about you, would I be excited by the idea of you dating Dave? My own brother? You know I wouldn't..."

Kara sniffled, her body shaking in the blonde's arms. "Then why did you freak out like that when I told you I was talking about Oliver?"

"You just... caught me off guard, that's all. He's my baby bro, and I've always been protective of him... and I'm also a crazy bitch who's still waiting on her period... it just all added up." Ellie sighed as she palmed Kara's cheeks. "I really didn't mean it, Kar. You know how much I love you."

Kara was still finding it hard to settle down. "You of all people know what a string of shitty guys have fallen into my lap in recent years. It's not as if I wanted this life for myself."

"I know," Ellie sighed, caressing her pretty hair.

"And I know that Oliver is a stand-up guy 'cause he's your brother and 'cause I had a chance to chat with him a little... is it so wrong of me to want that for myself? To be in a serious relationship with a quality guy?"

"Of course not," Ellie struggled to utter, the pain of hearing another woman talking about Oliver this way killing her.

"And I'm not gonna lie, it was seriously hot how he beat up Jason for talking to you like shit. Any woman would want a guy like that, who'd protect her, defend her honor..."

"Yeah..."

"And he's into me, Ellie; I'm telling you."

Tears sprang to Ellie's eyes at the thought Oliver might have come on to Kara that night. It was a betrayal she would never be able to forgive. She stroked Kara's hair, calming her down. "So what do you wanna do?"

"If you're sure you're okay with it, set us up."

Ellie sighed, unable to fathom any of this was really happening. "Should I give him your number or—"

"What is he doing on his birthday?"

"I don't know... but I'm throwing a surprise party for him at my parents'."

"Oh my god, that's perfect! I'll tag along, help you set up everything, and then I'll take it from there, at his party."

"Sounds like a plan," Dayna approved.

"Oh, god," Ellie sighed in ache as she chugged her beer.

"Ellie?" Kara said.

"What?"

"Are you okay with that? That I'll come with you?"

Ellie fetched the beer coaster and started fanning her face and breasts. "It's so hot in here it's crazy..."

"Are you okay?" Dayna asked in puzzlement. "Because it's really not hot in here."

"Yeah... just heat waves, I guess."

After a minute of watching Ellie cooling herself with various coasters and the chilly beer bottle, Kara said, "Ellie...? I'm still waiting for an answer."

Ellie heaved a sigh, heavyhearted. "Yeah, you should come."

"Yes! Thank you, Ell." She hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. "And who knows, if it happens to work out, I pledge we'll name our first girl after you."

***

"Pardon me, could please you tell me where I can find Oliver Jensen?"

Friday noon, and Ellie stepped into Oliver's place of employment. She'd texted him that morning that she wanted to speak to him over lunch but hadn't told him what about.

"He's right over there," the man said, pointing obliquely across the room.

"Thank you." Ellie started walking but halted quickly. "Oh, excuse me."

The man strode back to her. "Yes?"

"Who's that woman he's speaking to?"

"Who?" The man adjusted his angle. "The red?"

"Yes."

"That's Jill. Why? Do you know her?"

"No. I was only... curious. Thank you for your help."

"Sure thing," he said and gave her the one over, lingering on the blonde's perfect heart-shaped ass. "Are you his girlfriend?"

Ellie fleetingly toyed with the idea of saying yes. "No, I'm not."

"Oh." He fumbled with his tie, racking up the nerves. "So uh... I was thin—"

"I have a boyfriend."

"Yeah, thought so," he mumbled in embarrassment. "It was worth a shot though, right?"

She faked a smile, and the man let her be.

Ellie kept her distance and observed for a spell. Jill was sitting in a cubicle, and her brother was leaning over her shoulder, pointing at the monitor. A second later, the red burst out laughing, and Oliver laughed along. Scoping them out, Ellie couldn't deny that they seemed awfully chummy and...

She instantly made a U-turn and darted out.

"Something's come up at work. Can't make it," she texted and entered the elevator.

***

"So... 23, is it?" Dave said while watching TV in the living room, easily picking up on Oliver's glum mood.

"Yes," Oliver replied inattentively. "Michela, ten minutes."

"Ma, Papi?! Iho—"

"Save it. Ten minutes."

A bitter murmur in Italian followed his orders.

"What is she saying?"

"Better not translate it."

Dave chuckled and sipped his coffee. "Are you planning to celebrate tonight? Because I'm—"

"No. I don't feel like it."

"Come on, it's your birthday tomorrow; we have to go out. It doesn't have to be over the top; we'll keep it low key."

"I appreciate it, Bro, but I think I'll just stay home and read a book or something."

"Alright; have it your way. I'll just go out with Ellie then."

Oliver whirled on him, his face lighting up. "Ellie?"

"Yes. Our sister, Ellie."

"Is she um... planning on going out tonight?"

Dave smirked down at his phone while pretending to be texting. "What difference does it make? You're not coming with us anyway."

blackmatter
blackmatter
1,311 Followers