The Three Day Pass Ch. 31

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I am sure he will be here, but if not than I will be honored to do it. If you want I can arrange everything for you. You should not have to do this yourself."

"Thank you! Not being a Muslim I would not know where or how to get started." Joseph said. "And one thing more I am sure Ibrahim Smith would like to speak and also perhaps his mother. I will inform his wife and daughter, if you have not done so already."

"They have been informed, but they were asked not to contact you until I had the opportunity to tell you first." Hassan said, I did not want you to get the bad news on the telephone."

"That was very considerate of you, thank you and I do appreciate it." Joseph said. "Now I leave the details up to you, just keep me informed."

"Yes sir, I will get right on it." Hassan said as he left the room and house.

Joseph's students paid their respects and stayed with him for a while then left to return to the base. He called Rich and told him the news.

"I'll be right there. Is there anything I can do for you? Are you all right?"

"Yes I'm fine. Will you inform your dad and mom? This changes everything. A rather unexpected ending---but an ending never-the-less."

About an hour later a call came in from Mary and Cassandra (Kassie). Kassie was glad to see that Joseph was taking it so well.

"You sound almost relieved now that he is gone." Kassie said, "Does this make any difference in our relationship?"

"This only means that you and Mary will each become very rich women. The last time we spoke I told you there was no future for us. What happened to Fazzi does not change anything. If you want to hire a lawyer, I will be glad to meet with him and come to some agreement on a legal settlement over Fazzi's estate." Joseph said.

"Yussef, habibi, anything that you decide will be fine with mom and I. We already have all we need. You know I will always love you for what you did for mother and I. I'm glad and I'm relieved that you too will be free of him now and that you can find someone to settle down with and find happiness with. You were right about my future. I have very good news for you. A while back I started going with one of the men at Med-School. He goes to the same church as mom and I do and we are going to be married in six months."

"Wonderful, I am so happy for you. Will you permit me to arrange and pay for your dowry and wedding?" Joseph said and then added, "As your brother it would be my pleasure and duty to do this."

"Yes I would like that and we would also love for you to "Give" me away, if you will."

"That sounds fantastic, Yes, I would be most happy to do that, Kassie."

After this he placed a call to his company commander and asked and received 'Bereavement Leave'. "Some of your students reported to me about the death of Fazzi... I am so sorry to hear of his death. I will take care of everything from here. Just try to take it easy. He was a great man and I know how much he cared for you and you for him. You will notify me when the memorial service will be held. I would like to attend and I'm sure some of the students would like to show their support for you as well as pay their last respects to your father."

Rich had told the Worthingtons. They were shocked. They called and offered condolences. Joseph called Bill Barns and told him. He was told to go right ahead with the funeral plans and Bill would get in touch with him later.

Allie called from his commercial flight and they were on the phone for a long time. "Look I will make all the arrangements. You do not have to do a thing," Allie told him. "As far as the memorial service goes you can have anything you want, except that Ibrahim's mother will not be able to eulogize him at the service. I am sure she will have time to express her feelings at a time and place and in a manner that is suitable later. You as his son would be allowed to participate but as a infidel it would be best if you did not show too high a profile."

Joseph told Allie that he appreciated his willingness to help but that he would rely on the local Imam as to what form the arrangements take. "However I would appreciate if you would consult with him." Joseph said.

The next morning the Imam came to call with a delegation of Arab notables and Joseph was informed of what was going to happen at the service. Latter in the day a tired Allie showed up and Joseph, Allie and the Imam went over the final arrangements.

"Given the special circumstances of the situation I think we can permit Mrs. Smith and Ibrahim to express their comments at the service. We shall even permit Yussef to say something. In cases like these we can and will make exceptions." The Imam said. "Yussef, I know how close you were to Fazzi and he would have liked to have had you participate."

"Thank you, but I don't think that I could speak, I would break down. And I do not think the Muslims emissaries would understand a man crying in public. My father, Fazzi, knew how much I thought of him and I think it would be too much at this time. Allie will you do the honors for me?" Joseph said as he turned to Allie.

"Yes it will be my honor to do it." Allie said.

After they left Allie sat back in the soft chair and said to Joseph. "I was sort of Fazzi's legal advisor and he showed me the latest will he had drawn up. He left you everything except a small trust fund for Mary and Kasemah. The estate is quite large and then there is the "fund" which you will now manage in his place. He left it up to you as to what to do with the funds. I will do what I can to help, but you are free to administer it as you see fit. Need I remind you that the continued support of the Arab/American community will rest upon how you handle both the fund and yourself?"

"Allie, for that I will need men like you to help me." Joseph said as he put out his hand to Allie. "Fazzi wanted us to work together and he trusted you enough to suggest to me that you would make a very good assistant. I hope you will take the job and advise me until my feet get wet."

"I love your American expressions and yes I will be glad to serve as your assistant."

And so the memorial service was held and went off like clockwork. A letter of sympathy was read from the President of the United States thanking Fazzi for his help and stating how much he would be missed. Everyone spoke and said such nice things about Fazzi that you would not have recognized who they were talking about. Afterwards at the house Joseph said to Rich when they were alone... "At last it is over and we can go back to living our lives." He pulled Rich to himself and kissed him and the two of them felt at ease for the first time since Joseph had started his undercover work.

"Yes --- it is done. It is over at last!"

The End.

12