The Touch Ch. 43

Story Info
Baby Love.
12.9k words
4.84
16.8k
47
17

Part 43 of the 45 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/08/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

WARNING TO NEW READERS TO THE SERIES - This is a long, rambling story and VERY British which has been divided into several parts for ease of editing and reading. The individual parts will make more sense if read in sequence as they follow straight on chronologically and therefore new readers should start reading at NOVELS & NOVELLAS > The Touch> Chapter 1 – Jamie's Story.

Most, but not all chapters contain some sexually explicit sections and the story has a strong incest theme which some readers may find disturbing and might wish to cease reading now.....

My apologies! This chapter may meander even more than usual as it is part of a collection of several short 'day in the life' journal style entries which have been linked to make up Chapters 38-44

THE TOUCH Chapter 43 BABY LOVE

I was up early as usual, took Gwen a cup of coffee in bed about 06:30 am and then laid out the breakfast things for Gwen and Emma before taking my shower, changing into my work clothes and packed my overnight bag with the clothes that I would need whilst I was away. In the words of John Denver 'All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go....' I had decided to take Vera into the garden centre that morning as I was bursting to show her off to Maggie and intended to take off directly after work to places as yet unknown, infused with an enthusiastic spirit to go camping. I had even surprised myself at how much I was excited by the idea of the freedom of the road and spending a few nights in the caravanette. I had always loved camping when I was younger and those holidays were some of the happy memories that I had of Emma and I being together with both Mum and Dad on the rare occasions that he joined our family holidays.

My Monday was almost perfect as most of it I spent with Maggie. I got into the office around seven-thirty having made a quick tour of the centre and spoken briefly with Colin who was leaving early and spending the day at the Old Rectory Hotel at Warminster with Libby taking measurements and plotting out the structural changes that Maggie had put into her design for their new visitor friendly grounds and alfresco dining area. The job was not officially starting until after the RHS Chelsea show in June but we had some spaces in our work schedules and Maggie had decided to press ahead with Warminster and my roof garden job for Caroline and get them under-weigh whilst the opportunity presented itself. Gardening like farming is often subject to the vagaries of the weather and so it was essential to take advantage of dry weather when you could.

Maggie and Gwen had something in common.... each time one of them walked into a room just the sight of them made my heart jump into my throat and it happened every morning when Maggie arrived at the office. We spent an hour or so just sitting next to each other on the large couch in our office just catching up. It was one of my favourite things....just sitting with Maggie our elbows and thighs lightly touching when one of us moved, drinking coffee and laughing at silly things that came into the conversation whilst I drank in the heady aroma of her gentle herbal shampoo as that little blonde ponytail bobbed constantly in the corner of my eye. We spent an hour that way most mornings and always got a shed load of work done but mostly I just enjoyed being close to Maggie.

About nine-o-clock Emma came through from her office and joined us to go over the daily mail and the schedules for jobs in hand and deliveries for the day. She seemed happy to be back at work. I had not yet had a chance to talk to her alone about the previous night but she seemed to be acting perfectly normally and totally absorbed in her tasks for the day, it was approaching the end of the quarter and she and Taylor were up to their necks in preparing the VAT returns for Mr. Swindells at the accountants.

My taking a couple of days off was going to make very little difference to anything. Most of my own project work was well advanced.... The regular contract work at The Cedars Care Home, Craven Manor and the commercial office grounds we had taken on was well in hand and was being driven by Colin most of the time, and Kitty could be left to supervise the other smaller jobs and was developing into a first class trainer for the younger members of the team.... Much better than myself really..... I am very good at what I do but not really that good with people skills.... but Maggie and Kitty both had the knack of being able to put things across so that they were clearly understood.

By lunchtime Maggie and I had been over all the major work that we had in hand and had divided up the tasks that each of us would take on in the afternoon. My main priority was to contact Philippa Shelby to get moving with her landscaping project. I desperately needed to gain access to her library to search out any original nineteenth century plans or drawings of the old gardens on which I hoped to base my final designs and to get her to agree the general principals of the rejuvenation of the grounds so that we could move ahead. I had tried telephoning her several times but she was either too busy or not interested enough to return my calls.

I liked Philippa and we had shared a couple of impromptu and energetic shags, but she could be difficult to work with a times with a total lack of understanding of other people's schedules and needs. It had been she who had begged me to take on the landscaping project and whilst it had a great potential as a portfolio leader for De Veres I was becoming a little bit annoyed with Philippa's haphazard attitude. If Maggie had not been keen to undertake the venture I think that I would have been in favour of dropping it but it had also been Maggie herself that had warned me that Philippa could be challenging at times.

I stepped through to the main office to find that Emma was alone, obviously Tayler had gone out for her break. "Emma, would you mind getting Philippa Shelby on the telephone for me..... I really do need to talk to her urgently..... As you are her favourite pupil.... try and persuade her to play nicely for me...." I asked. Emma had in fact been one of the riding school's protégés as a young teenager and still did casual work at the stables in her spare time in exchange for time in the saddle. Janice, Philippa's Head Stable Girl was her best friend.

She spun around on her swivel chair and cupped her hand around my testicles and squeezed ever so gently, "What is it worth, Jay?"

I stepped back quickly, "Bloody hell Emma...." A glance around confirmed that nobody else was about, I guessed that Maggie was still down in the produce shop talking to Josie Dobbs. I bent over and kissed her on the top of her head, a brotherly kiss.... "Emma, we really need to talk..... we can't take risks like last night, we must never make love in the house when Mum is at home... she is far to observant and astute....... and we mustn't fool about at work where someone might catch us...OK?" I felt as though I was scolding her but I guess that I was as much to blame. "You do understand....don't you... Ems?"

"I do know, Jay..... I really do," she giggled, "but messing with you is such fun... I just can't resist it sometimes..." I tried to scowl but her happiness was infectious. "and fucking with you is even better......!"

"Sh-h-h-h-h! Emma!" I hissed, but I knew my sister and I knew that the message had got through.

"I'll call Shelby's and get Philippa for you..... even if it takes all afternoon..... because you are my very special brother..." she promised seriously.

I returned to my office and poured a fresh mug of coffee but had hardly got back to my desk when my extension 'phone started to ring. "Hi Jay..... I've got Philippa for you....." Emma obviously had the magic touch. There was click and then the call was transferred. I paused for a couple of seconds to make sure that Emma was not still on the line just in case something got said that needed to stay private.

"Hello, Philippa?"

"Hello Jamie..... I'm sorry that I haven't got back to you.... I have been really busy.... Janice told me that you called in to see me a couple of days ago....."

"Yes, I have been doing some work on the plans for your garden renewal project, but I think we need to get together to discuss exactly what you want..... and to look at my preliminary ideas...."

"Er yes, OK, Jamie.... If you think so...." She sounded a bit unsure, not at all her usual highly confident self.

"Is everything OK Philippa? You do still want to go ahead with the idea, don't you?" I asked.

"What....? Oh yes...I definitely want to do this...... I am just a bit tired that's all.... When do you want to meet?"

Philippa Shelby was tough, vibrant and energetic.... Something was obviously bothering her, 'tired' I didn't believe it for a minute, in the past I had watched her do a full day's eventing, grab a couple of hours sleep in the horse box and then do the same again the next day...and walk away with the cup before spending most of the following night in the bar...... but in the end it was none of my business, we had a friendly relationship, we shagged sometimes when we needed to share sexual release, but there was no real emotional ties.

"Actually I thought that we could go for dinner at The Old Rectory near Warminster.....sometime at the end of the week perhaps..."

"Are you asking me out on a fucking date...!" She sounded a bit annoyed, I guess I could understand why she might not want to waste her valuable time going out with me socially, running any business with livestock was a logistical nightmare.

"No, not exactly..... although the idea is a nice one...." I ventured trying to melt a little of the ice which had begun to coat our conversation, "It would be strictly business.... Maggie has designed a new purpose built garden and outside dining area for the hotel..... I think that their operation is similar to what you have in mind and thought it might help for you to see it...." She remained silent on the other end of the line. "The food is really good.... " I offered, "My treat....?"

"When?" She sounded a little bit less stand-offish.

"I'm away for a couple of days.....how about Thursday?"

"How about Friday.....you can drive and I will drink?"

"Is a deal.....I'll pick you up about seven, OK?" I gave a tight fisted air punch of victory. If I could just get her to sit down and talk to me I felt we could make some progress and then we could get on with the work. But I needed to be 100% positive that the job really was going to materialize before committing our resources.

"Just one other thing...." I added quickly before she could hang up. "I have a researcher from the Salisbury Civic Society working with me on the project...... their stamp of authenticity would be a major selling point in your prospectus... I would like her to help me search through your library.... If you are willing, of course?"

I held my breath waiting for her outright refusal.

"All right....but I can't waste my time baby-sitting you...... " She snapped. "I will show you where the library is and give Janice a set of keys to the main house.... You can let yourself in and out....but I don't want any of the books removed from the house...."

"That is totally understood, Philippa..... Thankyou.... That will be a great help and speed the job up no end." Another small victory!

"Good.... I will see you on Friday... don't be late!" She replaced the receiver her end and the line went dead.

I lit a cigarette and sat for a minute or two contemplating the conversation that I had just had. Next Friday night could be a stormy one! I jumped when a hand ruffled my hair from behind.

"Have you been getting a hard time from 'Fearsome Philippa'.... Emma told me you had her on the telephone....?" Maggie asked as she moved past me to her own desk.

"I have finally pinned her down to meeting me on Friday.... I am taking her to look at The Old Rectory set up to give her some ideas for her own place."

"That's good...but just be careful..." she grinned mischievously, "I don't want you covered in whip marks and spur scratches when we go to the Chelsea Flower show next week."

The thought was intriguing but I didn't think that Philippa Shelby was in the mood for fun and games at the present time.

"I have also got her to agree to allow myself and Anthea Askew access to her library," I added. "and I had an idea that if the job gets the go ahead and she signs the contract we could have a team 'away day' and blitz the garden area to clear the weeds and undergrowth. Take the whole team out there one Sunday.... Lay on a picnic lunch and a few beers..... what do you think?"

"Hm-m-m-m-m, that sounds like a great idea..... just say when and we can get Emma to organise it."

She got up and came and sat on the corner of my desk "So where are you off to this evening...?" she enquired.

"I am thinking of driving up to Cheltenham and spending the night at a caravan site I've found at Stansby House then going up to Winchcombe to Sudeley Castle and having a look around their gardens...."

"Wow.... Sudeley is really terrific.... Make sure that you take plenty of photographs... the Knot Garden and the Secret Garden could provide some good ideas for the Shelby job....." She enthused.

"That is what I thought...." I had only decided that afternoon that I would make Cheltenham my destination and had telephoned to book my pitch at the camp site, it was close to Tetbury and I could visit Sudeley either Tuesday morning or on Wednesday, maybe both....the gardens were extensive. "Actually I know one of the senior gardener's there... he gave a couple of talks on historic gardens to our group at college, if he is there I might pick his brains for a few ideas..."

"I wish I was coming with you...." Maggie said wistfully. I wasn't sure if she really meant it but I think that she did. Just my luck, I was meeting with Gill and that was the real reason for my trip and our liaison was something that I was fully committed to and I was looking forward to spending that intimate time with her.... But I would have loved to have had an outing with Maggie, just to spend the day together doing something we were both enthusiastic about.

"Me too..." I heard myself mutter disconsolately.

"One of us has to stay and mind the shop...." She said and leaned down to give me a light kiss on the lips her honey ponytail flicking across my face erotically as she sat back up. "I was thinking about taking a trip down to the RHS Garden, Wisley at Woking next month to see the new glasshouse project....maybe I can persuade my nephew and partner that it is worth an overnight trip in his new camper van.... I take it that there are two bunks...."

"Er, not really, only one double bed....." I guess that I sounded a bit thwarted, two people could sleep on the bench seats at a push although they were very narrow but I did not want to miss out on having time out with Maggie.

"Well I guess we could manage with the one bed....." Maggie laughed, "That's half the fun of camping... we have all worked really hard this year.... I think we all need to start having some fun..."

I was all for having some fun, especially if it meant getting some days out with Maggie.

I got to the camp site at Stansby just to the west of the Cheltenham outskirts about 8pm having stopped off at Dillon's restaurant on the way for one of his large and luscious fillet steaks with a baked potato with cheese and huge flat mushrooms fried to perfection. Dillon was now sourcing all his vegetables from our produce shop and so the mushrooms were originating with Maureen Day's small holding at Manor Farm, her mushrooms were the best I had ever tasted and they were in high demand with our customers as well. Maureen would be keeping the small holding on after Basil closed the nursery in September and I already estimated that we would be placing enough orders with her for specialist vegetables to keep her business viable. Dillon himself had come out to the car park to give Vera the once over and his seal of approval as a seasoned 'traveller'.

"Hit the road, Jack!" He had chuckled, "Loved those old hippy days..... really miss the 1960s ... world ain't been the same since my Missus wanted to start livin' in a house...." For all his hippy look, long hair, ripped jeans and flowered shirts Dillon and his wife Angie lived in a really smart 1920's Art Deco house at Old Sarum; Top Dollar property. Somebody once told me that he had written a song which soared to the top of the hit parade worldwide in the early '60s and was able to live comfortably off the royalties ever since. I guessed that his restaurant customers were going to get treated to his renditions of old travelling songs for the rest of the evening. It was part of the charm of his place, Dillon sitting on a stool with his guitar crooning softly in the background.

The caravan site was small but had recently been refurbished and was clean and smart with hard standing for the dozen or so caravans and motor homes that it could accommodate. Each pitch had a square of grass at the side where you could pitch an awning and I noticed that several of the larger pitches had been provided with a timber picnic bench. I parked up, put on the kettle and made myself a mug of instant coffee then sat outside in my folding camp chair reading until the light went. It was great being out in the open air. The site was quiet except for the occasional raucous quacking of flights of ducks passing overhead to their night roosts and the odd dog walker who nodded a greeting or raised a hand.

Gwen had made sure that Vera was well stocked with the essential groceries before I left home and so I was able to make myself a luxury breakfast the next morning of eggs, bacon, toast and a pot of real filter coffee. It was on my agenda for the next couple of days to do some shopping and buy some permanent bedding, kitchen utensils and other essentials that could stay in Vera all year round. I needed to get another camp chair and a small table so that meals could be eaten 'al fresco' weather permitting, I was never one for trying to balance a plate on my knees to eat cooked food....that seems to be one of those skills that few men can master but most women excel at.

I was not sure what time Gill would be arriving at Tetbury, she had simply indicated that it would be 'after lunch' but she had to drive across from Hereford, about sixty miles, and so I guessed that it could be any time after 1pm. I wanted to check into the hotel before she arrived to avoid any embarrassment for her at the reception desk and so I decided to postpone visiting Sudeley Castle until Wednesday and instead drove into Gloucester, parked by the cathedral and took a walk around the city. I remembered from a previous visit that there was a large second-hand bookshop on Eastgate Street and spent an hour or so browsing through their three floors coming away with a bag full of histories and reference books plus a couple of paperback novels by Tom Clancy to keep in the caravanette for easy reading and then found a tea shop close to the Tailor of Gloucester Museum and made an early lunch of a pot of mediocre coffee and a couple excellent of cheese scones.

I had noticed a large camping supplies shop on the way into the city and detoured to call in on the way out. I managed to pick up another camp chair, a brilliant German made aluminium light weight table which folded and rolled up into a bag like the chair and some light weight saucepans and a frying pan, plus a duvet and a couple of pillows; then added a box of assorted crockery, glassware and cutlery. I was more than pleased with my purchases and spent half an hour on the shop car park fitting everything into the lockers and cupboards before heading for Tetbury.