The Trunk in the Attic Pt. 03

Story Info
Caleb meets a girl that helps him.
5.3k words
4.66
11.1k
11
0

Part 3 of the 18 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/13/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 8

I arrived in York a few hours later and being mid- week I found a room overlooking Long Beach. I smiled to myself as I thought I would get some good beach shots even if they wouldn't be saleable. I drove around a little and ended up at Nubble lighthouse which is the iconic destination that everyone who visits southern Maine has to visit at least once. The day was perfect so I took some pictures from different angles and using my long lens got some good close ups of the buildings. I stopped for lunch and had a lobster roll that was delicious and coupled with a beer was very filling. I meandered up the coast stopping from time to time to take some interesting pictures. I was enjoying the day and it passed all too quick as I got back to York. I unlocked the door to my room and opened my laptop, booted it up and went to wash the dust of the day off me. I wanted to download the images from my camera and see what I had captured among the one hundred pictures I took. I took the laptop and my camera over to the small desk that was in the room and was shocked to find the journal standing on desk. Now I knew that the spirit was attached to me. After I calmed down I logged into the laptop and "Hello Caleb, thank you for the vacation" appeared on the screen. "You're welcome Etta, I hope you are enjoying the trip as much as I am" I said aloud, I wasn't comfortable with the thought that she could read the thoughts in my head. I wondered if we could talk to each other through the laptop. That would open a new territory to explore.

I looked thru the pictures I took and some were beautiful to say the least. The beach scenes were great with scantily clad girls playing volleyball or just working on their tans. In one picture I noticed a woman walking on the beach quite a distance from where I had taken it. She had some sort of short dress on and I blew up the image to get a better look. There she was again. Etta was walking on the beach coming toward me wearing the old fashioned swim suit that was in the attic back home. Her dark hair was blowing in the offshore breeze and her skin looked radiant in the sun. I didn't see her in any other pictures and I wondered if she only had a limited amount of energy to manifest herself. I didn't know if I should look for answers or just let things develop at their own speed. I sat on the balcony overlooking the beach as darkness fell around me, I listened for any indication that Etta was with me or would be, I was hoping for some sign to tell me what to expect.

I purposely didn't read the book that had been delivered to my room by Etta's spirit. I wanted to see if she would somehow try to force me to continue reading her day to day account of her young life. The breeze coming off the ocean was cool, the sound of the surf lulling me to sleep and I gave in to the calming effect, falling into a deep sleep.

I had some dreams about Etta, not all of them erotic but sweet comforting dreams where we were walking along the beach, strolling down a path in the woods or just sitting on a blanket talking and enjoying the nature around us. I woke up at dawn refreshed and ready for breakfast. Getting dressed I told Etta I was going to Sandy's for breakfast and if she wanted to join me she was welcome. I didn't expect her to answer me or to join me but maybe if she knew where I was going she wouldn't surprise me by jumping out at me or something. Sandy's was crowded as usual and I had to wait for a table but knowing what great food they had it was worth it. I struck up a conversation with a young lady that seemed to be alone and asked if she would join me at my table when it became available and she accepted.

We ordered a nice breakfast when we were seated and she asked me what I did for a living and if I was there on vacation or if I had a summer place in the area. I explained I was retired, single and on a mini get away for some recreation. I didn't mention my spirit that was following me around. She said her name was Jan and she was working on her Master's degree at a Boston college and was working in the area to help with school expenses. She didn't volunteer what she was doing her masters in so I asked and she told me it was in paranormal studies. I was really tempted to tell her about my spirit but I thought she might think it was just a line to try and pick her up. Our food came and we ate while we had small talk. We finished up and after paying our bills left the café, I was about to say goodbye when she asked what I was doing for the day. I said I was just going to hang around and take some pictures and explore some of the beach roads that most people didn't frequent. She asked if she could tag along with me awhile because she enjoyed talking to me so we headed for the beach that was just down the road. We walked along the beach talking and picking up odd stones and the few shells that were still whole.

We had walked about a mile down the beach and spotted a bench so we sat to rest for a few minutes. I asked her why she was interested in paranormal studies and she kind of skirted the issue. I told her to relax because I have had some experiences that caused me to believe in the spirit world. That seemed to put her at ease and she said she was a sensitive and could sense spirits. She went on to say that was why she wanted to walk with me a bit because she could sense a female spirit hovering around me. She said it was a friendly spirit and I should welcome her into my life. I told her that I already had and proceeded to tell her what had been happening. She was amazed that I was so calm about it and asked if she could spend more time with me and possibly document my stories. I said she could but I didn't want my name mentioned, she agreed and we started walking back down the beach toward the village. She asked if she could stop and buy something and we went into a drug store and she bought a notebook and some pens explaining that she wanted to take notes as we talked.

I recounted my story and she made notes as I talked about Etta. I had started from the first time I walked thru the door and the cold feeling I got every time I used the front door, the calling of my name and the items that followed me around including the books. We stopped at my room and I showed Jan the picture I had taken on the beach. She asked why I thought it was her and I told her about the incident in the bar and showed her the pictures I had found and copied. I showed her the pictures I had remotely taken in my bedroom but didn't show her the video I had taken. She was impressed with the amount of documentation I had amassed in a short time. We sat in the room for a few minutes and she said that Etta was with us. I remembered that I didn't tell her about the strange messages on the laptop and her eyes widened in surprise. I told her that I had taken to talking to her out loud and my reservations about Etta reading my mind. Jan said she didn't think it would make a difference but to do what I was comfortable with. It was late afternoon before we knew it and since we missed lunch I suggested some dinner at a near- by restaurant. Jan accepted and I shut down the laptop, put my camera away and we left to walk up the street to the restaurant. We had some wine with dinner and since it was late afternoon and a little before the early bird time we were able to take our time and linger over our dinner and wine. Jan asked if I minded her coming back with me as she had some more questions to ask me and didn't want to do it in public. I told her I understood and felt the same way because I thought most people were non-believers.

We returned to my room and I put my fingers signaling to be quiet and went to my laptop and booted it up. Jan was at my side when the screen lit up and Etta wrote "Did you and Jan enjoy your dinner." She fell back in the chair and I reached to catch her as she held her chest like she was in trouble. I asked if she was ok and she just nodded trying to catch her breath. I let her compose herself and she said that was the most amazing thing she had ever experienced.

"Welcome to my world Jan, this has been going on ever since I bought the house. Now do you believe me."

"Yes Caleb, I believe you and for the most part believed most of what you told me but now I believe all of it. I am embarrassed to tell you that I thought you were making some of it up but after what I just saw I know you are attached to your spirit."

"I don't blame you for doubting what I was telling you, it is so unbelievable I don't believe it myself sometimes." I was glad that Jan had come back with me because I wanted her to see if Etta had left me a message welcoming me back to the room and I was really surprised that she included Jan.

Jan told me that she had been studying the paranormal for two years and this was the first time that she had an actual experience. I suggested that we go out for some air and reached over to pick up the diary that was on the table and made sure that Jan saw me put it in the drawer of the desk. She was confused as I escorted her out the door and we strolled down the street. I explained that Etta liked things left where she put them and we would see if the book was back standing on the table when we got back.

"I am not trying to spook you Jan but I want you to believe everything I tell you about my experiences. I enjoy your company and wouldn't mind if you continued to use me and "Etta" as a case study. You can come to visit me at my home if you want to and if you would feel safer you can bring someone with you, I have plenty of room."

Jan said "I trust you but I would like to bring someone with me for added credence to the evidence I would hope to collect. I have a girl that is in the same program as I am in and I am sure she would be anxious to be part of this study. In fact if you wouldn't mind can I call her and tell give her a brief description of what you told me and what I saw. I will ask her if she would like to come with me when I visit you at home. Is that ok?"

"Yes that is ok as long as she understands about anonymity. I really don't want my name brandished about in this matter."

Jan called her girlfriend and she was more than willing to come with Jan when she came to visit. We had been away from the room for about an hour and I unlocked the room and as expected the book was back on the desk where it had been before I put it in the drawer. Again Jan was amazed and was finding it hard to believe what she was seeing. She made some more notes in her notebook and said she had better head home for the night. I walked her to her car and she let the window down after she got in, "You haven't told me everything have you? There are some things that you are holding back, if it is embarrassing I understand and I want you to know I respect your privacy."

"Jan I told you most of the story so far and yes the rest of the story is personal and private and maybe I will be able to tell you about it in the future but for now I think I have given you a book full of information to think about."

Jan thanked me for being honest with her and said she would be calling me. I told her that I would be around for a few more days in she wanted to get together after she got out of work in the evening. She said she would like that and maybe her friend would come with her so I could meet her. I said that would be ok but I didn't want this to become a side show and I didn't feel good about showing off with Etta. Jan thanked me for being honest with her and she left for home.

The next few days were much like the first and I teased Etta by moving stuff around as well as trying to take another picture of her. She would return her book to its place on the desk and left me messages on my laptop screen. Her messages would only show up on the boot screen and I could work on the laptop without her messing with me. I continued to have erotic dreams but nothing like what had happened at the house. I was glad of that because if I was as loud as I was at home there would probably be a cop at my motel door.

I got a call a few days later and Jan brought her friend, Helen with her. She had told her what I had said and what she had seen for herself. We didn't try to call Etta out but Jan did say that she could feel her presence.

I left for home the next day and Jan promised to call me and set a date for her and Helen to visit. I had no doubt that she would come because she was intrigued by the promise of more paranormal data.

Chapter 9

I was getting used to the house with all its creeks and groans. Etta called to me a few times a week and I figured out it would be a signal that I should expect a memorable visit from her. I was getting better at accepting that she would come while I was sleeping and although it was like a very powerful wet dream I knew from the evidence left behind I knew it wasn't just my cum. Etta was getting more and more demanding in her lovemaking and I took an active part in giving her pleasure. She didn't have a problem letting me get on top and be the alpha as we fucked the night away. Although it seemed like we made love all night long I always woke up refreshed and ready to go the next day.

October was beautiful, the skies were clear and blue, the air fresh and it was a great time to work outside. I had set up a decent workshop in the barn and had made a few book shelves and cabinets. I was proud of the work I had done and asked Etta if she likes what I had made. I had just started to boot the laptop when I asked her and when the screen came up she said, "I love what you have done with the house I am glad you live here." That was the first time she had answered a direct question. I had no sooner thought I should call Jan and tell her about the latest development when the phone rang and it was her. I said hello and she just said "This is Jan what happened?" I asked her what she was talking about and she told me she got a strong feeling that something new just happened to me. "Calm down Jan and I will tell you, I was just reaching for the phone to call you when you called me." I told her what happened and she was beside herself she was so excited. "I could actually feel your excitement and I knew something happened and I hoped it was good" she said.

I asked if she had set a time when she might be able to come with Helen and she said she had a break in a few weeks and she could come then and hoped that Helen could also. I told her if Helen couldn't make it she would be safe with me but couldn't vouch for Etta, laughing at my lame attempt at a joke. Jan said she wasn't concerned about me and if Helen couldn't make she would come alone. I hadn't had any company to the house and Jan and Helen would be my first visitors. I am a pretty good housekeeper so there wasn't a lot to do to get the house ready. I prepared the guest rooms for the girls and made sure there were matching guest towels in their bathroom. I thought the weeks would never pass but finally it was Friday and the girls should be here by eight at the latest.

I had some snacks prepared and some wine chilled and was about to sit back to watch some TV when I saw lights coming up the driveway. I went out on the porch to welcome them as they pulled up to the front porch. I didn't realize how much I had missed Jan until I saw her get out of her car. She popped the trunk and she and Helen got their bags and came up on the porch. I gave Jan a hug when she came up to me and Helen looked puzzled at our actions. I winked at her and told her it was a closeness that had developed due to the information I had shared with her. I had closed the door to keep the heat inside and when the girls stepped inside they both shivered as they hit the cold spot. Jan looked at me and I just shrugged letting her know that I knew she had felt the cold that was always at the door. I carried the girl's bags upstairs and showed them their rooms and where the bathroom was if it was needed and if they wanted to freshen up.

The girls came back down and we sat eating the snacks and drinking some wine as we talked about my spirits. Jan had told Helen what I had told her and I filled in the blanks since my visit to the coast. The biggest revelation was the reply to my question a few weeks ago. They also remarked about the cold spot as they entered the house. I told them that area was the only place that I found so far that felt like that. Helen asked me if I had any personal contact with Etta or any other entity and I hedged a bit asking her to explain what she meant. She said that some subjects they had interviewed had told of ghostly visits while they slept. I said I had strange dreams from time to time that led me to believe I was being influenced by my haunting. I told them that I had reservations about calling it a haunting because Etta had become more personal to me and the word "Haunting" brought negative feelings to what has been happening. So far Etta had been loving and caring in her visits. Helen looked at Jan and I had the feeling that they had deducted that I had some visitations that were of a sexual nature

"Ok ladies I will tell you everything that has happened to me but again I don't want my name associated with any paper you might write about my situation". They agreed and I proceeded to give them an account of everything of a personal nature that I had experienced since I moved here. I booted up my laptop and waited for the boot screen, it finally came up and Jan was waiting to see what if anything would be on it, Helen started to ask me something and Jan shushed her and pointed to the screen as Etta welcomed them with "Hello Jan and Helen welcome to my home". I just shrugged because it had been a regular thing for me to have messages from Etta but Helen just stared at the screen not believing what she was seeing. Jan said "See I told you that he gets messages and it seems that his spirit knows who he is with and accepts us as guests." Helen sat quietly as if she was in shock. I had the same feeling when I got the first message weeks earlier.

I finished letting the laptop boot up and pulled up the video that I had captured the first week I was here. They watch me being taken as I slept with rapt attention and when the mist dissipated they finally took a breath. Jan just wiped her brow and looked at me. "I think she just had sex with me as I watched her doing you," she joked. Helen just sat there in awe, not saying anything but I got the feeling she was afraid to be here. This is as close to being interactive with the paranormal as she would ever be and I think she was very uncomfortable with it. I asked her if she was ok and took her hand. She was shaking and visibly upset and I tried my best to put her at ease. She said she was afraid that Etta would turn against Jan and her because she might be jealous of their attention to me. I pointed out that she welcomed them to her home, not my home so I would think that was a sign of acceptance. She nodded in agreement and I suggested that we turn in for the night and get a fresh start in the morning.

The girls agreed and headed for the stairs as I checked the doors and turned out the lights before going to my bedroom.

When I got to my room I said to Etta "Please leave the girls alone tonight, they don't understand you like I do, I will try to make them more comfortable with you tomorrow." I got into bed and turned out the light. I could have sworn that I felt lips brush mine in a light kiss as I fell asleep.

I woke up early as usual and went downstairs to start a pot of coffee before the girls got up. I hadn't heard any screams in the night so I had to assume that Etta had been a good girl, she had left me alone also. It was only a few minutes before Helen came down, she must have smelled the coffee brewing.

"Sleep ok Helen?" I asked as she came into the kitchen. She smiled at me and nodded that she had. I assumed that she wasn't awake yet by her lack of words but the look in her eyes disturbed me.

12