The Twelve Tables Ch. 28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A guttural growl came from Josh as he buried himself completely in her ass relishing the tightness of her as her body shook and jerked around him. He reached forward finding he barely had to bend in this position to grab at her breasts while he fucked her ass. Her body shook uncontrollably between spasms, and he could tell she was floating away from him as the tension went out of her straining limbs. He fucked her even harder, then pulled her cheeks apart to watch the point of impact as he felt his come surge up and explode deep within her. His heart thumped in his chest, sending blood throbbing painfully in his ears, as he staggered back and collapsed into a chair, his eyes never leaving the sight of the woman he loved hanging in bondage and at his mercy.

*****

Peri woke alone. She stretched grimacing at the tendrils of pain that ran through her whole body. She was sore all over and feeling an urgent need to pee she got up gingerly and padded to the bathroom. Her mind relived the night before as her body protested her movements and she smiled. It was worth it, and she would be fine once she walked around a little.

There was an envelope taped to the mirror in the bathroom, and she looked at it curiously as she washed and dried her hands. She pulled on a robe as she walked back into the bedroom and opened the blackout blinds letting the sunlight stream into the room.

Sitting on the bed she opened the envelope and took out a letter. She smiled as she saw it was from Josh and read:

"My beautiful, amazing, desirable, wife,

Stay in bed, that's not a request. Stay in bed until at least lunchtime you need rest after last night. It took a lot out of you, not only physically but emotionally too."

Peri stopped reading and checked her watch. It was after ten already. She wondered what time he had finally put her to bed. She remembered nothing of being unbound or going to bed and she smiled realising he had cleaned her and brushed her hair out. She continued reading:

"I took everything that you said yesterday to heart and you were right about it being unfair to the kids to keep them cooped up all summer in this apartment. My pirate crew and I have found a ship, willing to take us on a daring rescue mission to save the Papas and Zio D. from the dreaded Overlords who hold them prisoner on their magical two hulled ship. Do not fear for me my love as I sail into battle. I shall return a conquering hero for you to swoon over." Peri laughed out loud and wondered how he had organised a boat and everything else he needed to take the kids sailing for the day.

"You have the house to yourself for the day, Mama and Papa have come for the adventure with us. Timo and our three angels are at home with the nannies for you to play with when you finally rise. I'd like you to talk to Heather about being head Nanny. Bridgette has not taken the news well about returning to the farm and has been confined to her room. She would like to see you, but I have asked that she wait until this evening. You will find a security man posted at her door. I'm afraid this is necessary, and I need you to respect my wishes on this matter."

Oh dear, Peri thought sadly. She understood why it was necessary, but she wished it didn't have to be like this. She wished even more that Josh hadn't asked her to wait to speak to Bridgette, but after their talks last night she would do as he asked. She sighed and picked the letter up again.

"I've put Zara in charge of the kitchen today and given her a menu for dinner tonight. Carmen's cook, Gail will be in charge of the downstairs kitchen, but Zara will oversee her. I'd like you to sit down with both of them and work out menus for the week tomorrow morning. Rae will step up and supervise the maids for now. That should get us by until we find a housekeeper that we like and trust."

"How did he have time to do all this and then sit down and write me a letter of instructions," she laughed softly to the empty room. "Sure stay in bed until lunchtime but then here's a list of jobs to do while you're relaxing and having the house to yourself for the first time this year." She shook her head.

"I know what you're thinking, and all I have actually asked you to do is stay in bed until lunchtime and then when you do go down to see the angels talk to Heather, it needs to come from you. The rest has already been done or can wait until tonight or tomorrow. I know you have a finger twirling in your hair, and your mind is working on the staffing issues but stop worrying. Rest and relax this afternoon you deserve it.

We'll all be home late this afternoon before dinner. I look forward to the aforementioned swooning. It wouldn't hurt if you helped it along with a tight corset but given how you must be feeling this morning I won't insist.

I love you. Last night was everything I needed to clear my head and relax. Thank you for loving me the way you do. You are the light and love of my life, and I adore you even when you are driving me crazy.

Your husband, aka: King of the Kids."

She clutched the letter to her chest and smiled. This was the Josh she knew and loved. Control freak extraordinaire. Of course, he sorted out the staffing and left her the nice or fun jobs to do. Of course, he's decided on her timetable for today even though he's not here. Of course, he's protecting her from having to face Bridgette alone and not being able to send her away. Of course, he crowned himself King of the Kids after their conversation yesterday. She couldn't love him any more if she tried. Still smiling she got up to have a shower and dressed.

"Hello Zara," Peri smiled walking into the kitchen. "Could I have a glass of juice and a small bowl of muesli and yogurt?"

"I have some nice fresh blueberries if you wold like a few of those with it," the woman seemed to snap out of her startled expression as Peri entered and addressed her by name.

"That would be fabulous," Peri enthused, she was starving after missing breakfast this morning. "Do you think one of the girls could find Rae for me?"

"Yes Mrs. Donati," Zara said with a smile and nudged one of the girls who was prepping vegetables.

Peri almost asked her to use her real name but decided Mrs. Donati had a nice ring to it and was much better than the usual Ma'am she received. She took a sip of her juice and saw Rae hurrying toward her with the kitchen assistant close behind.

"Rae, I'm sorry to interrupt your morning's work, but I have a few questions if you don't mind," Peri smiled and turned to Zara as a bowl was placed on the counter top she sat at. "Thank you," she smiled. "Would you mind if I ate while we talked. I'm starving because I slept so late. Zara would you mind joining us, please?"

"Not at all Mrs. Donati," Rae and Zara said almost simultaneously and walked with her to the dining room, taking a seat at the table only after Peri insisted.

"Wonderful," Peri took a small mouthful of the muesli and chewed happily. "Here is what I know. You both came to work with us last year after the tragic loss of Lio, Emilio Donati. What I would like to know is whether you were his housekeeper and cook or did you have other roles and why you chose to come to us or if it was forced on you because of proximity?" Peri took a big mouthful of her muesli and looked at the two women. She noted that Zara deferred to Rae with a look and folded her hands in her lap.

"The truth is we worked for both Mr. Emilio and Mr. Dante Donati. They lived in the same house until moving here to the apartments. I have been with them slightly longer than Zara. I have been their housekeeper and was once the cook as well until they grew discerning taste buds and realised my culinary skills were somewhat lacking," she gave a wry smile as if remembering an event. "In their younger days, I also stepped in as a medic when necessary. I was with them for almost twenty years. Now I serve Mr. Dante's new family by choice. There was no coercion involved."

Peri could hear the affection in her voice as she spoke of Dante and serving his new family. This was not what she had expected at all. She said nothing, turning her eyes on Zara who had smiled hearing Rae's recount of her history with the family.

"I came to work for the Donati brothers when they still lived together as well. It was Emilio who accepted my contract. He enjoyed having dinner at home. He liked to cook and would often be in the kitchen with me, learning new techniques," she said before being interrupted by Peri.

"You didn't mind that? I love to cook. I'm not that good, but I would like to learn," she said enthusiastically. "Antonia is sending me her mother's Christmas and Easter baking recipes do you think you could help me with those?"

"I would like that Mrs. Donati," Zara replied once again startled by the young woman who sat eating one of the simplest, healthiest breakfasts she'd ever served in this house.

"I'm sorry I interrupted you, please go on," Peri encouraged.

"There is not much else to say, when we moved to these apartments, I remained downstairs with Mr. Emilio and his partner, but I made sure the refrigerator up here was always stocked with good food and refreshments," she added.

Peri couldn't believe the wealth of information these two women would have about Dante during his younger adult years, but she restrained herself from pumping them for information.

"Rae and I both chose to come here. No one forced us. In fact, we were worried that after Mr. Emilio's passing that we would be sent away so we asked to become part of your household even though it meant we couldn't keep our positions. Mr. Dante said he couldn't interfere with the way you chose to run your house, and we understood." Zara explained.

"You must care for him a lot," Peri said wondering if Josh had known these women and their positions in Lio ad Dante's lives or if they had just shone above the others in their daily roles and that is why he had given them extra responsibilities. "My husband spoke to you this morning about added responsibilities?" she asked.

"No, Mrs. Donati, it was Mrs. Donati Senior who sought me out and said she had been impressed by my attention to detail and protocol. She explained that Bridgette would be leaving, and you would require a responsible maid to ensure that everything remained on schedule," Rae explained, and Peri nodded realising for the first time that Antonia would have handled this for Josh.

"It was the same for me, but she said she liked my pleasant personality and willingness to do whatever needed doing," Zara added.

Peri was impressed. They were here because they felt genuine affection for Dante and never once sought to rise above the position they had been given but by doing their jobs well, they had risen to the top and been singled out by the Queen of the Donati's herself which said a lot for both of them.

"How have you found the travel between the two houses? I'm afraid that's going to go on for some time while we work out the schedules in our busy lives," Peri asked.

"I love the country house. Its kitchen is beautiful, and there is space outside the door there for a small farmer's garden. Nothing tastes better than fresh produce," she smiled widely.

"I like it there too, all the fresh air rather than air-conditioning all of the time," Rae agreed, but these apartments are just as big and beautiful. I think it is just the outdoor aspect that changes the work we do. I could beat a rug there rather than having to send it out to be cleaned. That's a very satisfying chore," she gave a small laugh.

In less than half an hour Peri had fallen in love with these two women and couldn't think of anyone better to run her household and take into her confidence. She spooned the last of her breakfast into her mouth and sat back looking at the two women who seemed to have relaxed somewhat during the conversation.

"I feel the need to know the people who work closely with me and for them to understand me," Peri began. "I know that is not typical of the Donati's, but I was not brought up in a family like this, and I tend to do things my own way. I suffered some trauma last year, and when Bridgette came to work for me, I needed her to take on a bigger role than she probably should have for someone with very little experience with this particular family. I am fully recovered now though and have needed to take control of my family, household and career for some time and found it difficult to find that balance."

The two women nodded knowingly, accepting her words at face value and understanding the reason for Bridgette's ugly scene this morning with Antonia. It was as if the woman believed the apartments belonged to her. During the argument, she had acted as if she was the family matriarch rather than Antonia, who had been formidable in cutting the woman down to size without even raising her voice.

"This is difficult, so I am just going to lay it all out there for you to digest and ask any questions you may feel necessary," Peri said in a stronger voice than how she felt inside. "I love them both, Joshua and Dante Donati. I'm truly, madly, deeply in love them. I am married to Josh, but that doesn't diminish Dante's place or authority in this house. We are three, a team, a trio and the next leaders of this family though that is not widely known as yet I don't think," she paused and frowned. "Each of us are the parents of those children downstairs."

"We know," Zara said softly. "We see how happy you all are together and how much laughter fills your home. We know," she smiled kindly. "If you are asking for my loyalty to you and the ones you love rest assured you have it as well as my affection for the happiness you have given Mr. Dante who rarely smiled until you." Rae echoed Zara's word making Peri blush.

"Well, then, you will be happy to know that I have asked for us to return to the country house this week before the children return to school so they can have some adventures. I am thinking picnics and maybe a water day with a big slide and general controlled chaos. Josh has asked me to sit with you and the cook from Carmen's household; I keep forgetting her name, and I feel awful about that..."

"Gail," Zara supplied.

"Yes Gail, thank you. If you and Gail could put together some ideas for next week with that in mind today, that would be great. Not too much sugar but not boring salads and veggies either, more like sausage sizzles and kid-friendly meals for the kids and maybe one or two evening barbecues that the men can do with their children, we can pool our idea's in the morning and put together a shopping list," Peri said. "Maybe Pizza, we could get on one of those big pizza ovens maybe?"

"That sounds fun would you mind if I sit in on the meeting I am good at organising, and the household staff may be needed to assist. You will also need to get the steward on board. I'm not sure what's happening with the landscaping," Rae said carefully not wanting to intrude.

"Are you kidding? You have to help now!" Peri laughed. "I hadn't considered that at all. This is why I need good kind people I can trust to help me do things, not just do them for me. I need to learn, and I can't do that without people to show me how with a family this big."

"What time would you like to meet so I can let Gail know," Zara asked.

"I should know tonight about when we will return home, so why don't we meet first thing after everyone has left for work, say nine thirty in the office," She smiled. "Thank you, ladies, you have made my whole day brighter already." They smiled and stood to go back to their respective work.

"Rae, can I ask for one more moment of your time before you go back to work. Is there a guest bedroom anywhere with a big window that isn't being used? Any room that has a big window and isn't being used would do," she asked.

"Several, Mrs. Donati. May I ask what you would like it for?" she enquired.

"I'd like a little haven of my own that I don't have to share with anyone else. Somewhere I can get away from the chaos without actually leaving the apartment and worrying Josh and Dante." She admitted. I'd like to make it like a comfortable sitting room with bookshelves and maybe a small desk."

"I could show you a couple of spaces, but as we are going back to the country house this week maybe you should do it when you have more time here at the apartment," Rae seemed reticent about the idea and seemed relieved when Peri's phone started to sing its melody disturbing them.

"I'll talk to you about it tomorrow," Peri let Rae go as she was distracted by the familiar melody of the facetime app sounding from her phone.

"Hey you," Peri smiled seeing Josh's handsome face distorted by an eyepatch.

"This was meant to be your wakeup call, what are you doing out of bed?" he grumbled. "Can't you do anything I ask?"

"I'm not planning to go near Bridgette, and I just interviewed our new housekeeper and cook who are fabulous by the way, I want to keep them both forever and ever, and I even ate breakfast," she said proudly.

"Well, that something I suppose," he said, sounding pouty.

"Well that's a sad face, is something else wrong?" she asked finding it hard to take his pout seriously while he was wearing a pirate costume.

"Dante's teasing me about having to bring my Mama along to keep me safe," he grumbled.

"Did he forget that she's his Mama too, and he's the one she is checking on after getting himself shot in the leg?" Peri asked and heard Josh's genuine laughter ring out through the phone.

"Hear that ya scurvy dog?" Josh turned the phone slightly toward Dante who was sitting beside him on the couch rolling his eyes.

"Dante, how could you not tell me how fabulous Zara and Rae are?" Peri asked peevishly.

"It's bad enough I have to share you with him, don't make me share them with him too," Dante groaned.

"They're mine now and I'm keeping them, thank you," she said happily and blew him a kiss through the phone.

"For you anything. For Captain Josh Sparrowfart here, nothing," he said scowling at Josh.

"What is wrong with you two?" Peri laughed.

"He's grumpy because I didn't bring you along and he misses you. My relaxed exuberant demeanour and your wake-up call this late are probably not helping that at all," Josh chuckled.

"I love you, and there will be much swooning for both of my heroes of the high seas when you return," She smiled. "Speaking of which I thought I might call Andie or Louisa and take Phillipe and Gerrard corset shopping for an hour or two is that okay?"

"Are you sure Phillipe would look any good in a corset?" Dante asked. "I mean Gerrard, yes, but he has the legs for it but not Phillipe," he shuddered making her laugh.

"Keep your phone on you at all times and only go to known reputable places," Josh ordered as his way of agreeing.

"And take photos in the fitting rooms, lots and lots of photos," Dante grinned into the phone screen.

Peri laughed as they told her they loved her and the call ended. Putting her phone away she walked into the office to find a card from a lingerie boutique she had liked, but couldn't remember which shopping precinct it had been in. She was sure she had put the card in the antique writing box with her journals, but she rummaged through the box and couldn't find it. She'd crammed too many things into this one box. She needed a space of her own where she could get organised. She wondered why Rae was suddenly reticent to show her a suitable space when she had asked. Her mind wandered back over the conversation.

She gave up on finding the card and called her mother who knew the shop just by its description. It was closed on Sundays, but the owner would open for them just by dropping their name, her mother assured her. Peri went to spend a little time with the babies promising to make up her lack of attention to them during the week and left the house with her security team.