The Ultiplex of Aeva LeVeaux Ch. 02

Story Info
Aeva learns of a threat to her power.
943 words
2.83
5.9k
00

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/29/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tivanosa
Tivanosa
15 Followers

Aeva scoffed at the notion. "I have the Ultiplex. I am invincible. What could possibly worry me?"

"Mistress, with all due respect, you are not invincible. Verily is your sword legendary, boasting powers both destructive and protective, but it is only one part of the set. In addition, you are not a learned Sorceress, and your ability to wield the Ultiplex is...limited; there is doubtless more that it could unleash, were it handled by one of greater experience."

"Perhaps; I often find my evil outstripping my learning, but what are you trying to tell me? What great calamity has seen you enter my chambers so flustered and concerned?" Aeva asked, displeased at having to confront her shortcomings.

The adviser took a deep breath, trembling at the impending wrath of his mistress. "Our spies give tell that six days ago, a group of adventurers, led by the king of Zebranna himself, set out from a hall of secret council. Their quest is nothing less than procurement of the lost Staff of the Evangelistan, with the power of which they hope to turn the tide of the war."

"WHAT?" Aeva boomed, her voice resonating as the ground vibrated. Fear grew in the hearts of all of her attendants, like a wave of dread suddenly settling over them.

The adviser cowered fearfully as he pressed on. "It...it is a very serious threat, Mistress, for the king is the most powerful magician in all the lands. Indeed, he is so old that he is ageless, sporting still the strength and vigor of youth, while being so learned of the lore and lay of the world, that he may very well know the Staff's location. Since their departure, the adventurers have fixed a steady course for the distant Aeilerri peaks, home to an ancient race of rather hostile Dwarves...I hate to speak thusly, but they seem indeed to know where they are going."

"No, no, NO!" Aeva screamed, leaping from her throne and pacing up and down the hall. "Tell me, what would be the ramifications of facing the king in battle, should he wield the Staff against the Ultiplex?"

"Honestly, mistress, you would be killed long before the battle could begin. As I said, the greater one's experience with magic, the more potent their ability to wield items of the Evangelistan Battle-Gear. The Staff alone is fabled to be of far greater power...and in the hands of such a learned master-wizard..."

Aeva's rage cooled as she returned to her throne, resting her head against a single hand. "Then it seems that we cannot allow the king to reach the Staff. If he does, all shall be lost...what do you suggest?"

"Mistress, send out the third legion of Doom-Riders. To defeat these adventurers would require overwhelming numbers and powerful units. The king cannot stand against you, but he could easily cut a swathe through the ranks of his pursuers, and there are archers and warriors within his band that are of repute for their skill and prowess. The best tactic would be to follow them and wait till they make camp; once surrounded, we destroy them in their sleep."

Aeva weighed up her options, a dark scowl having formed upon her face. "No, if the strength of the band is as powerful as you claim, the Ultiplex shall be required; I doubt that we could simply catch them whilst sleeping, despite our best efforts. I will go with the Doom-Riders. This is my quest, and I will stop at nothing to hunt them. Those fools...they think they can stand against me? They believe they can supercede my authority, make obsolete the power that I command? Never! I shall obliterate them wholly and completely, and leave nothing of the wretches that they once were!"

"What are your orders, Mistress?" the adviser inquired tentatively.

"Scramble the fifth and sixth legions of the Doom-Riders; tell them to sack all of the cities and villages that they can, upturn every rock and investigate every cave across the lands! I shall not suffer this to come to pass again, and it is thus that I must gather to me the full set of the Battle-Gear. Scour the lands and spread the misery of my discontent to all of the filthy beggars and peasants that you find! Massacre the women and the children and burn everything in sight! Let the whole world suffer under such destruction, that they might know that I shall brook no resistance in my bid to dominate the Earth!"

"Excellent, Mistress, excellent," the adviser replied, grinning proudly.

"As for myself...time is of the essence, and I shall need the fastest steed among our ranks. Summon my horse, Apocalypse, at once! I depart at sundown with the Doom-Riders, whereupon shall we meld into the shadows of night and come upon those fetid adventurers, striking dead all hope of this pathetic coalition! Go now, see that my will be done!" Aeva boomed in her resonating voice.

As the adviser departed, Aeva was left with aught but her own, dark thoughts. On so many levels she was furious, feeling the compulsion to annihilate everything in sight. However, she knew the true source of such anger, such white-hot wrath and discontent...she was afraid, afraid as she had not been since she found the Ultiplex that fateful day. Indeed, she feared that all of the dangers of life could again threaten her, that there existed, somewhere, a force powerful enough to undo all of the work she had begun. Fear drove her passionately, relentlessly, and as she fell further and further into the indignation of her situation, her heart grew darker all the more...

Tivanosa
Tivanosa
15 Followers