The Ultiplex of Aeva LeVeaux Ch. 03

Story Info
Aeva outlines her plans.
1.1k words
3.75
6k
00

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/29/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tivanosa
Tivanosa
15 Followers

"Oh, what supreme cruelty is this, that I must suffer the torment of fools as Zabrael, that kingly father of Zebranna, that masterful wizard who thwarts my every move? What catastrophic error hath occurred within heaven, that I might be cursed so? Surely nothing this day can see my power prevail over his, and as I whittle down the idle hours on this infernal steed, what am I to do? Often do I wonder that frustration is no mere force, but a direct vexation cast by my very enemy himself! Curses and blight upon all the fools who stand against me! Pestilence and sorrow visit their families for all time! Horror do I wish upon all the men of his kingdom, that their wives may be left fertile widows, burdened with child but scant of gold! Nothing shall stay my wrath against the lives of his people, for when I am through with him, misery shall be the flavour in every meal, plague the very smell upon the air, death the rampant reality on the streets and blood the new friend of streaming water! Verily...VERILY....I shall BURN down his HOUSE and EVERYONE in it!" Aeva screamed as she rode fast into the night.

The days of riding had been long and hard. Apocalypse had been swift, but even the icy air, shooting past Aeva as she tore across the lands, could do little to cool her temperament. Anger coursed through her being, filling up every vessel of her conscious thought, consuming her as frustration and inaction sought to smother her soul in despair. In many ways, she still could not believe it, that any would dare to stand against her, that there even existed another power equal or greater than her own. Aeva tried to comprehend the danger she was in, the peril of facing the king of Zebranna, and every time she slept her nightmares were of that blinding figure, arrayed in a raiment of white robes, his pious form dominating as he vanquished her with the Staff. She hated the Staff; she hated it with every fiber of the Ultiplex, and as she listened ever to its dark voices...she feared it would not be enough.

However, the fortunes of Aeva LeVeaux were soon to improve, for her steed rode fast among the Doom-Riders, those legions she had brought with from the army besieging the Coalition. She led three legions of death-knights, wizards of tremendous power, all whom used it to force their beasts onward at incredible speeds. Indeed, it was no surprise that they soon drew near to the adventurers led by King Zabrael, and whereupon they were but a day's ride from having them, out on the open fields in the wilderness, Aeva and the Doom-Riders made camp. Magic was a terrible strain on the horses of her men, and the rest was needed by man and creature alike.

The camp was pitched quickly as Aeva dismounted, finding herself surrounded by rapidly-constructed tents. Riders took their lots to patrol a perimeter and keep watch from wild animals and terrifying monsters, although it was generally assumed the aura of the Ultiplex would frighten any approaching creatures, who relied so heavily on instinct to stay alive. The only things they had to fear were men, for verily, only men could overcome the instinctual call to flee in terror of such monstrous power.

Within her own tent, sitting on a bed of soft, velvet cushions, Aeva relaxed from her exhausting ride. She was more depleted than most, having exerted so much energy in the fury of her discontent. Being enraged, it seemed, was thirsty, hard work, and so it was that she called for drinks to be served, of ale and wine and sweet, fermented nectars. One of her riders entered the long tent with a tray of drinks, from which she perused the offerings and took some water and then some wine. The rider stood there and did not depart, and as Aeva shot him a quizzical look, he spoke up with great urgency in his voice.

"Excuse me, Mistress, but I thought it best to inform you of the latest happenings at our war-camp. Rookbane sends fresh news," he said.

"Ah Rookbane, my delightfully condescending adviser. Pray-tell, what news does his overly ambitious and persistently covetous self have to impart?" Aeva replied cynically.

"He has followed your orders to the letter, Mistress, and fortified the camp with newly erected walls. Several magi aided in its construction, and they are well-equipped to withstand any form of action from the Coalition of the Five-Kingdoms. The full force of our troops, minus those with us here on our quest, are arrayed just beyond the plain of Callisi, and stand poised to launch their assault upon Caliban city as soon as we return with the Ultiplex."

"Excellent," Aeva remarked. "It occurs to me that we shall also return with the Staff of the Evangelistan, and who knows what powers it may have? Still, legends tell that it requires greater magical skill than mine, as I have always been more attuned to the art of melee combat than arcane." At this, the Rider nodded and left respectfully. The eyes of Aeva LeVeaux turned to the Ultiplex once more; she picked it up, staring at it before her, gripped in her hands.

"Verily is this is good news: The army is secure, we shall destroy Zabrael, take the Staff, return victorious and then crush the filthy animals within Caliban city. Everything is running as expected...The providence of the Ultiplex is remarkable indeed...and with its power I shall commit the atrocity of atrocities, the abomination of abominations; I shall purge the city of all its people as a lesson to the rest of the Coalition. Then, when I come rapping upon their very doors, they shall welcome me with open, fearful arms, cowering before their superior lords before my people, who shall look down upon them with contempt, as giants would, as Gods would, as the very masters of the Universe! Their fear shall last a thousand centuries and their anguish will become legendary! My total domination of mankind will rule the ages for all time, and by my side will ever be the Ultiplex, my power, my sovereign, my vessel of dictatorship! All shall tremble before me and despair!"

Caught up in the passion of her fury, in the raw, emotive power of her being, the Ultiplex sprang to life. The blade which had once been silver turned an inky black, becoming at once so dark that it seemed to draw in all light and destroy it forever. The tent darkened around her and she saw into the void of time and space, trialling the blade by swiping it through the air. Aeva practiced with a few quick stabs and arcs, finding herself now more adept than ever before.Wherever that blade swiped, a dark trail followed behind it, and all the more Aeva gripped the hilt harder, feeling its power flowing into her, feeling the Ultiplex feed on her fear, intensifying it, converting it into anger and discontent; to her, it seemed like paramount bliss, and she wanted more, more, more...

Tivanosa
Tivanosa
15 Followers