The Unrequited Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gaius8666
Gaius8666
801 Followers

Looking at his face, she could see a grimness to his expression she had never seen before. When he sat down at the kitchen table she knew to sit with him.

"You know I love you, right?"

"Right..." She paused, now growing very concerned. Any couple having been married as long as they had knew that few good conversations began with those words. "What is going on Ed."

Wincing, he unceremoniously pulled the large glock out of the bag and placed it in the center of their Formica kitchen table.

"ED!!! What is THAT doing in here?"

"It is for us Lorraine. There is no nice way of saying this so I will just say it. Our lives are in danger, very serious danger."

"You mean the pigs head last night, hey, I thought you just said that was kids."

"No it is not kids. Our lives have been directly threatened and I want you to keep this gun near you at all times, at least until this case is resolved. There are forces at work here that are darker and more dangerous than we have ever dealt with before."

"Demonic? I still say you and Father Aviles are overreacting. We have dealt with Demons before."

"Of course, but these particular demonic forces have human agents and they will stop at nothing to keep us from cleansing Magnolia Grove."

"Oh Ed!" Lorraine said fretfully as she placed her trembling hand up to her mouth. "I hate guns, I really do, but I trust you know what you are doing. Can we do just one thing for my sake?"

"Sure Lorraine what do you want?"

"I don't want it out where I can see it. We can keep it loaded and easy to get to, but I don't want it out in plain view."

Reaching across the table Ed stroked his wife's face and leaned over and kissed her. "Sure thing babe. You are a real trooper." Loading the gun, he placed it inside the utility drawer under the microwave. Patting the table, he sighed, suddenly feeling much relieved. "Now, were you able to get a hold of the owner of Magnolia Grove while I was out? The faster we get this resolved the faster our lives can get back to normal."

"I could not reach him, but I did call Doug and he is going to get us in tomorrow night."

"Tomorrow night? You could not get us in before then, like tonight?"

"I tried as hard as I could, but it was impossible. Doug was adamant that tonight he had plans that could not be canceled but he promised that he could tomorrow. In fact, I went ahead and agreed to meet him back at Zeke's tomorrow evening."

Smiling he kissed her head. "I am sorry I snapped. Good work, really good work. Now, let me let Father Aviles know." Reaching into the refrigerator he pulled out a bottle of chilled white wine. Popping the cork, he poured two glasses and proposed a toast. "To the future! I think things are going to work out just fine now."

Now with the sun casting its long golden shadows through the stained glass window at the top of the stair case, Gus walked down to the landing as he tried to get used to his tux. This was definitely his sister's doing but as he had looked at himself in the mirror, he had to admit he looked good. She had her finger prints all over his outfit but it was definitely stylish. From his white linen dinner jacket, with the bright fuchsia pocket square, to the mother of pearl studs on his stiff formal shirt he looked like a scotch ad. Seeing Angeline staring up unbelieving from the foot of the stairs he laughed.

"Hey babe, I would give you a big hug, but you would shed all over this." Following him as he walked into the kitchen, she looked disappointed by his lack of attention until he filled up her food dish. Walking out onto his porch he walked to the end and lifted up the hollowed out fake black brick he used to store his spare key. He shot up as he heard a sharp whistle come from across the porch.

"My my my Mr. Leblanc! Why if I were thirty years younger I would be all over you. You are looking mighty fine tonight."

Snapping his head back, Gus snickered as he saw his neighbor sitting in her large white wicker chair obviously watching his every move.

"Caught me, Mrs. Clark."

"Maxine dear boy, Maxine. And if you are going to dress like that more often, I might have you call me Maxie." She winked, shamelessly flirting with him from her porch.

"I guess my redneck security system has been compromised." He laughed as he put the fake brick back down on the porch. "I am sure you can keep a secret."

Winking again, she beckoned him over. "Sure, but only if you have a drink with me."

Blushing slightly, Gus walked over to her porch. Seeing him up close, Maxine felt her mouth water. He looked good, damn good and although she always enjoyed a playful banter with her sexy neighbor, it was only half in jest. "Mable, please bring out another julep." She called out as she beckoned Gus to sit down.

"My my my, again, you look good enough to eat boy. Why, you got this old lady all stirred up, I might just come down with the vapors."

Grinning, Gus nodded and winked back. "Hey gal, you know, I bet I would have more fun here with you tonight than where I am going."

"I doubt that, but you are so kind to say. Where are you going."

"Some big shindig out at the Vallandingham estate. All formal as you can see. My sister went crazy with the clerks downtown at Rubenstein's."

"Oh yes, I remember that store. My late husband used to shop there, but I can honestly say, he never filled out a pair of tux pants as well as you do boy."

"WOOF!" Mable announced as she pushed through the door with another tall glass of mint juleps. "Looks like Brad Pitt came to visit Mrs. Clark."

"See Gus" Maxine winked. "I always say, make sure the help you hire are smart and Mable here called it. So, I have to ask, why are you putting your key out on the porch. I would certainly watch it if you need me to."

"That is mighty neighborly Mrs. Clark."

"Maxie, Gus, remember, Maxie."

"I got moved up to Maxie already?"

Taking a deep slug of her drink she smiled back at him with a twinkle in her eye. "A few more of these and who knows what I will have you call me. It would be no bother, but your secret is safe with me. I will keep an eye on it, make sure no one goes in that looks suspicious."

"Thank you Maxie. I must warn you, I have a friend of mine who is coming over tonight while I am out so if you see him get the key it is OK."

"You got it."

Enjoying their drink for the next fifteen minutes, Maxine saw him look down at his watch and sighed. "I know the Vallandingham's so I know you have to run. They always are very prompt." Rising to his feet, in a spectacular chivalrous gesture, Gus leaned over and took Maxine's hand and kissed it.

"Sorry you can't join me Maxie. I bet we would have fun, but you are right. I have to run."

Now fanning herself violently, she laughed. "Oh I bet we would. Now, don't you go breaking too many hearts tonight boy. You are like a prime rib steak with shoes!"

Waving goodbye, Gus climbed into his car and began his drive out to the estate. The trip would not be too long, only twenty minutes or so, but already he was wishing the evening was over. As city turned to suburbs, and suburbs turned to open countryside, he looked down at his directions and wondered if he had somehow missed the turn. Few if any cars were on the road now but the few that were were all very impressive. Having passed the fifth Lexus in ten minutes, he knew he was in the super ritzy section of the parish now. With the top down and the Mississippi looking like a river of gold as the sun set in the west Gus felt his nerves tense. This was a different world he was entering. A world of debutante balls and trust funds, of private schools and private drivers and although he could be charming he wondered if he would be able to fake his way through the night. Seeing the enormous serpentine brick wall to his left eventually broken by two huge stone lions standing guard over a high gate, emblazoned with a large golden V on the top, he knew this was the place. Turning into the driveway he pulled over and caught his breath.

The house was beyond astonishing. Magnolia Grove, easily one of the largest homes in New Orleans would not rank as a guest cabin on this estate. With a long mile long driveway leading up to the main house, the home was a palace. Four floors in total, it was one of the few homes in the area made entirely of brick and the east and west wings were already emblazoned with lights from the party inside. Sporting close to fifty rooms, it screamed wealth and privilege; with two tennis courts, and Olympic sized swimming pool and a full scale ballroom. Lining the driveway and from what he could see the outside formal gardens, were hundreds of tiny pastel colored lanterns, making an already festive atmosphere look like a high rent carnival. Driving up to the front door, a fully costumed livery took his keys and immediately parked his car without saying a word.

"GUS!!!!" a young woman's voice called out from the top of the stairs on the veranda. Looking towards the voice, his mouth dropped open. It was Sarah, but instead of her form hiding black dress, she looked beyond stunning now. Dressed in a light purple gown, the cleavage he could only imagine before was now on full display. Her long satiny soft blond hair framed an equally angelic face that matched her bare, and oh so kissable legs and toes in her open toes sandals.

"Sarah! Wow! You look beautiful."

Blushing, she ran down to him and gripped his arm, enclosing him in a cock stiffening hug. "Oh you are too kind. I am so happy you came. I hope you don't mind, but I asked your sister to coax you to attend. I know these things can get dreadfully boring."

"With you here, boredom is not in my vocabulary." Seeing her eyes open up and pupils dilate, he knew he was hitting his mark. Now linked arm and arm Sarah guided him inside.

"Wow!" Gus exclaimed as he set foot in the foyer. Gorgeous in the extreme, the black and white marble tile floor was shining underneath an enormous eight-hundred-pound chandelier that towered above the floor. Looking around the room he recognized all of the Hoi Polloi of Louisiana. Oil executives, Judges, Senators, Congressman and of course the current governor were all there and seeing his sister and Pierre at the top of the stairs, he saw the future governor was also there.

"Yes, quite a stuffy bunch don't you think." Sarah sighed as Gus looked over at her with a new found respect. "Let me show you the rest of the house."

As they walked down the ornate hall, causing many to stop and gawk at the attractive couple they made, he felt himself become aroused. Somehow knowing that a former Nun had the hots for him made the situation even more delicious. Entering a side room as she gently pulled on his elbow. He gasped as he saw they had walked into a private family chapel.

The room was incredible. Although relatively short in length (only fifteen feet) the ceiling lifted high off of the ground and must have gone all the way to the third floor. In front of the chapel was an amazing baroque altar piece, imported from Italy brimming with cherubs and saints ascending its height. Above the altar hung a solid gold crucifix, and above that a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, crowned by Jesus on one side as a dove descended onto her crown. This image represented the assumption of the Virgin into heaven and at first glance Gus knew that such a beautiful and historical piece of art would normally be in a cathedral or a museum and not a private home. Playing his part perfectly, he crossed himself as he entered and dropped to his knees on the plush red silk kneeler. Looking up at Sarah, who looked down at him like a hungry bear eyeing a fresh salmon, he said "I can't help but want to pray the rosary when I come before a statue of the Queen of Heaven."

Now with the sun fully set, Camille started pacing again. Marie was still asleep, drifting in and out of consciousness and as the long shadows of approaching night washed over the bayou. Out at the tree line she could see the mist forming back into menacing shapes like it had the night before. All day long she had been a bundle of nerves, knowing that not only would night (and the hungry dead) return but the painting in her living room continued to change. The small figure she had noticed the day before now was much larger and grew steadily closer to the house. Each time she passed her whole body jerked as she was afraid to look, afraid to see how close it would get. In her bones she sensed that this obvious omen was a threat and that when the figure got into the house bad things would happen. Staring intensely at the blurry image she shivered as she saw its left foot now clearly placed on the first stair of her porch. She had all of the lights on in the house blazing a beacon across the desolate and deserted dark swamp.

"Tony!!! Tony!!! DEAR GOD NO!!!!" Marie screamed as she tossed fitfully in her bed. Rushing upstairs, Camille carried a cool wet rag, desperate to do anything to relieve her daughter's suffering.

"Oh Baby baby baby, Tony is not here. He is in Haiti baby, but he will come back."

"No Mamma, no, he is coming and and and..."

As Marie screamed, her blank lifeless eyes staring into the mirror spooking her mother, the reflection of headlights caused Camille to jump. Looking out the window she saw a car coming up the long driveway to her house. Looking down at her watch, she wondered who on earth would be coming out this way at this hour. Turning to Marie she placed her hand on her head and said "I will be right back baby, just try to get some rest."

Walking downstairs Camille suddenly felt sick. She was used to being in isolation, having lived out in the swamp for years, so having a sudden visitor at night was an extremely rare event. Having been subjected to two days of constant supernatural attack, and no sleep, had her on edge. Reaching the front door, she inhaled deeply before she opened it and chuckled.

"Well, Duppies don't drive, so I should be ok." Opening the door, her face instantly dropped, more in irritation than fear.

"Tony!!!! What in the hell are you doing here, I thought for sure you would be in Haiti by now."

Her thought was short lived as she just caught the glint of the machete whizzing through the air mere seconds before it separated her head from her body.

Gaius8666
Gaius8666
801 Followers
12