The Unwilling Competitor Pt. 02

Story Info
One month, six females, who will the Alpha choose?
2.8k words
4.57
18k
33

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/03/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pinkflame
Pinkflame
69 Followers

Hi! So, I have the second part. Sorry for the delay, I had some things come up. Any suggestions are welcome!

*****

James stared grimly at the wave of incoming guests. They had been arriving for the past day without end. He felt a feeling of foreboding as the different people stood and chatted in front of the gate to his mansion. Stupid families, he thought venomously. Stupid competition. He began to pace around his office, shooting glances the window. He hadn't seen Karen in a week. She was avoiding him; he knew that much. He wouldn't try to seek her out either. James knew Karen was intimidated by him, he hated that. He hoped some time would ease that feeling. Still, the distance between them gnawed at him. He was constantly on edge, while attempting to be courteous to the guests. His hands balled into fists as he fought the urge to break something.

The door opened with a creak. James whirled around on his heels, eyebrows raised and teeth bared. Pete stepped back, hands raised. He knew his friend when he got into moods like this. Usually, you had to give the Alpha a little space. Also, a little talking would help. Usually.

"Hey, dude. Chill. Tonight's the ball. Meet all the ladies." He winked at James. James rolled his eyes, his mood lightening. His friend made life easier. Pete lowered his voice. "But seriously, you gotta figure out this whole situation. People are gonna figure out really quick that she's something special to you." James put his hands behind his back.

"I haven't come near her for a week." He growled. Pete looked at the ceiling.

"That may actually be the problem." He suggested innocently. James took a step closer.

"What?" he demanded. Pete winced, but held his ground.

"You're stressed out, tired and deprived of a lot of things. This is just one more thing added. Maybe go see her, you know." Pete hinted.

"No favorites remember?"

"Go after the Kline girl first then. Dude, seriously though, don't try this any longer. Its not working. I wouldn't be surprised if you jumped her during the ball. Just saying." James grimaced and fell into his chair. Pete gave him one last look and slid out the door.

"What was that?" Ki demanded as soon as Pete came out. Pete blinked.

"What?" he asked, trying his best to look like he didn't know anything. Ki snarled.

"I am currently the Alpha Bitch. You will tell me what is wrong with my lackwit Alpha brother." Pete stifled a laugh. Ki was the only one who would and could, call James a lackwit. Pete had no idea how to tell Ki what he knew though.

"I um, this competition." He began hesitantly. Ki rolled her eyes and dragged Pete into a corner.

"I know James hates this. But that's not what's wrong." Her black eyes flashed dangerously. "I hate being left in the dark."

"This competition is not going to work." Pete whispered urgently. Ki narrowed her eyes. She was half a head shorter than Pete, but her lithe frame gave off an air of danger. She waited for Pete to continue.

"You know that girl that James seemed to fancy? Well, it's a tiny bit more serious than that." Pete explained. Ki's eyes widened.

"Oh fuck." She whispered. Pete nodded.

"That's the problem."

"Shit. Not at a time like this. Fuck James." Ki groaned. Pete had a moment of shock.

"You aren't jealous right?" he asked tentatively. If Ki was Karen's enemy, she would have a short unhappy life. Ki let out a mirthless bark of laughter.

"Of course not. I just can't believe in the centuries we've been alive, my damn brother just chose the perfect time to find his mate. Does she know?" Pete frowned as footsteps echoed in the hallway.

"Later." He said. Ki glared daggers at him, and walked off. Pete felt bad for himself, James, Ki and Karen. This was going to be one hell of a competition.

Karen looked at herself in the mirror. Her jaw dropped open. After hours of fitting, makeup and dressing, she looked completely different. Her hair was tied up in a high bun with a few locks of brown hair framing her face. Her cheeks were a rosy red and her eyes seemed huge and innocent. Her dress was a marvel of glittering gems that would have cost a fortune. It had puffed sleeves that ended at her elbow. She seemed to shine. Max flitted behind her nervously.

"Does the mademoiselle like?" he inquired. Karen was speechless.

"I mean, its beautiful." She was unable to describe how amazing it felt. Max clasped his hands together.

"You are stunning. Lovely. It is my job to please. Also, your new closet is ready." He grinned proudly. With a bow, he left. As soon as the door closed, Karen twirled around, looking at the mirror. The dress whirled around her heels. She laughed happily. Around and around she went, admiring the way the dress glittered. The underskirts tickled her ankles and she giggled, feeling like a preschooler. Spreading her arms she whirled around the room, bowing to the furniture, imagining she was in Beauty and the Beast.

For the first time, she felt free, not sneaking around, peering to see if James was lurking. She wasn't exactly afraid of him, she just needed time to get her thoughts sorted out. She danced over to the closet and flung it open. She gasped. There were dresses, sweaters, pants, skirts and all type of clothing and accessories. Pawing through them, she discovered a golden crown. With great ceremony, she put it on a pillow and proceeded to dance around with it.

James watched from the doorway, his eyes following her every move. His mate twirled and danced with the pillow, laughing. For the first time in his life, James envied a pillow. He longed to go over and take her in his arms and claim her as his. She was dazzling, beautiful in the dress. His. In his mind, his wolf urged him to go forward and take her. He resisted it, instead, he watched her silently, her brown hair shining in a halo around her head as she threw back her head and laughed. His wolf howled inside, yearning to be with her. He stayed for a moment more before leaving as silently as he had come.

The ball was an extravagant affair. Omegas danced around handing out glasses of wine and sandwiches. Everyone was dressed lavishly, the ladies practically dripping jewels while subtly bragging about their gardens. The men stood with a arm around their wives. James watched the proceedings with regret. The couples were not necessarily mates, wolves nowadays had forgone the old ways in favor of political gains. Would he be able to now that he had met his mate? James was perched on a high dais, feeling very much like a songbird on display. One by one, the visitors streamed past him, introducing themselves with smiles and nods. James adjusted his cuffs and nodded in return.

James remembered one couple in particular. They were the parents of the Kline girl, Peter and Marie. Both of them held each other's' hand without affection. Their eyes were sharp and cold as they smiled knowingly at James before leaving. James bared his teeth a bit more than was necessary at them. All of a sudden, there was a loud clap. Everyone turned towards Pete, who was grinning widely.

"So, now that everyone knows everyone, lets introduce the girls shall we?" he asked. There was an excited murmur as the guests turned towards the huge staircase. James stood up and made his way towards the end of the staircase. An omega appeared at the top of the stairs wearing a long tailcoat.

"The competitors!" he announced loudly. Everyone fell silent. James looked up expectantly. Pete appeared next to him and snickered.

"Alison Bell!" A tall girl appeared at the top of the steps. Her golden blonde hair was tied back in a French braid with a wreath of flowers around her head. She wore a long flowing blue dress that matched her eyes. She was pretty, but her expression was vaguely sad and resigned. She walked down with poise and grace. When she came to James, she curtseyed and smiled at him, her eyes sad. James bowed and lifted her pale hand to his lips.

After her came Tularose, a light chocolate skinned beauty who's hair was tied up in hundreds of tiny braids. Then came twins Jackie and Anne.

"How are there twins? I thought you said five families!" James hissed to Pete. Pete shrugged.

"Beats me. Five angry demands were made. I assumed five families." James rolled his eyes at his friend.

"Karen Johnson." James head shot up. There she was, making her way out shyly. Her soft brown hair was tied up behind her head with a few curls framing her face. She wore a bright yellow dress that flared out at her knees, a diamond shining at her neck. Her wide brown eyes met his for a second before she looked away. James' heart pounded as she made her way down to him. She stopped, looking into his eyes for a long moment. He forced himself to look indifferent as she curtseyed in front of him. He found himself shaking slightly as he lifted her fragile hand towards his lips. A familiar scent filled his nose. She was aroused by him. His cock hardened instantly. He prayed the others wouldn't notice. With the most willpower he had ever used, he pushed down his wolf and kissed her hand gently. James reveled in that moment of contact, her soft skin against his lips. Reluctantly, he let her go, a powerful well of desire bubbling inside of him. Karen glanced down and gasped a little before pulling away. Karen's eyes met his, her expression unreadable as she drew away. James grimaced as he fought down his desire, hoping no one had seen him.

Karen couldn't believe how beautiful the other girls were. Inside, she hated herself for feeling jealous. These were the real competitors. She was just an accident, she reminded herself. A charity case. She sat by herself in a lush chair, watching to other girls mingle. A pair of redheads came up to her, tittering.

"Hi! I'm Jackie and this is Anne, my twin!" One of them introduced. She was wearing a casual outfit with a plaid shirt and worn jeans. "It says on the list that my name is Jack. They're faces are going to be priceless." She confided. Anne looked at her sister in shock.

"What?" she gasped. Jackie snickered.

"I'm not even supposed to be here." She added, smugly. "I'm just here for moral support. Anne here wouldn't compete unless I came and well, no two competitors right? So I went over and made one family very happy." She winked. "The Alpha though, supposed to be really handsome. I wonder if he's smart." She said thoughtfully. "I'm not really interested in him. Just here cause of Anne." She patted Karen. "Where are you from?"

Karen blinked. Why hadn't she come up with a lie? Luckily, Max swooped in.

"Madame! I have some things I need to talk to you about!" he said in a stage whisper. Karen nodded with a sigh of relief.

"See us later!" Jackie called. Karen nodded. Max brought her to a corner.

"Karen dear, you a very naïve. This is a time to be watching your competition. That blonde over there? Alison. Her? Tularose. And you met the twins. Then there's Jess." Max sighed dramatically. Karen had realized over the past few weeks that that was his signature comment. Max pointed towards a figure who had her back towards them. Her raven black hair was let loose in a mass of curls that flowed down her back. Her dress was a dark purple that resembled the dresses Karen had imagined a princess would wear as a child. It clung tightly to her top and spread out at her waist. It shone with her every movement, gems sparkled from her wrists and fingers as she spoke to the girl, Alison. Alison's eyes were wide and her mouth open. As Karen watched, Jess gave Alison a hug and turned around.

Karen gasped as she saw Jess's face. Her face was porcelain, fragile and beautiful. Her eyes were wide and innocent, her mouth full and smiling. Long eyelashes fluttered as she glanced around, her gaze landing on Karen. Slowly, she walked, no, floated over to Karen. With her every movement, her hair floated and her dress sparkled. Karen gulped. Beside her, Max patted her on the back and left.

"Hello, I'm Jess." Jess said. Her voice sounded like the wind. "But I'm sure you already knew that." She laughed, sounding like bells. Karen was speechless in front of this goddess. Jess tilted her head slightly.

"Mmm, you must be Karen, the er, new one." She hesitated. Karen winced internally. Jess's face was a mask of concern.

"Yes." She whispered, her voice sounding harsh to her ears. Jess murmured something and patted her on the back sympathetically.

"I know dear. Its alright. Don't be sad. It was nice that you met the Alpha in the first place. Few get to see him." Karen gasped in outrage. This, this woman was practically called her a gone case! Jess misinterpreted her gasp.

"Now, now, don't cry. It'll ruin your first impression. There may be a future husband in the crowd." She advised. With a sisterly smile, she went off to the twins. Karen narrowed her eyes. Whatever inclination she might have felt towards Jess had disappeared entirely. This lady was danger. While she was mulling this over, a young man with an open face poked his head in.

"Starting the announcements!" He warned with a grin. Everyone turned towards him. Tularose tucked a braid behind her ear nervously. Alison sat dejectedly in a corner. Jackie giggled and Anne clutched the pendant around her neck. Jess stood confidently, her shoulders thrown back. Karen groaned. She was not ready to face James again, much less as a charity case. One by one, the others left as they made their debut. Finally, when the twins had left, only Jess and Karen were left.

"Remember dearie." Jess called as Karen heard her name. "Future husband!" Karen ignored her.

As soon as she stepped out, she was stricken by how many people there were. She looked around, frightened. Then she saw James. Her heart skipped a beat. He was perfect. His dress coat clung to his chest, his face clean shaven. Their eyes met for a brief moment. Karen swallowed. She recognized that look. It was the look her had given her on their first meeting. Lust and a bit of confusion. Her knees weakened. Slowly, she began her descent as Max had instructed her. It took an eternity. Finally, she reached the end. James stood in front of her. A musk exuded from him that dampened her panties. She held in her breath as he lifted up her hand and kissed it gently. Her heart pounded wildly as he released her. His eyes were glowing a bright yellow. She looked down, unable to meet his gaze any longer. In his tightly pressed pants was that bulge again. She gasped and drew back. Once more, she met his eyes. Then, she walked over to take her place beside the twins.

Jess was introduced, and although the rest the crowd gasped, Karen was numb. He had said she was a liability to him, so why did he seemed so aroused? More importantly, why was she so wet because of this man? The rest of the ball passed in a daze. For the first day, James chose Jess to be his escort. Everyone clapped appreciatively, no one was surprised. Karen let herself be herded off the her room. She didn't even bother with a bath, instead she put on a comfy sweater and pants and fell asleep.

The next day was spent with Max as he taught her more common courtesies. Eat with this fork, don't sneeze. She was told more about the competition. Every morning, James would choose one girl for the day and night. End of the month, she would be sent home and James would choose a bride. Easy. Karen fell asleep exhausted, her mind whirling with different forks.

She was shaken awake the next morning by Max, who seemed a little wild, even by his standards.

"Madame! You must get up! The- Mr.Keeran! He has chosen you!" Karen blinked sleepily.

"What?" she mumbled blearily. Max tore off her sheets and yanked her out of bed.

"Come!" he cried, tugging her by the arm. "You must not waste another second."

Pinkflame
Pinkflame
69 Followers