The Wanderings of Amy Ch. 26

Story Info
Dr. Burnside rewards her sub Wendy for her good service.
4.7k words
4.72
13.2k
1
0

Part 27 of the 29 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 05/12/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 26 -- Europe

Towards the end of the semester Burnside told Amy to be ready to grade the final exams in a two day period at the beginning of finals week. The professor explained that she was leaving for Europe immediately after the finals were returned to the students, in order to meet with colleagues at several economics institutes in Great Britain and the Continent.

"I hate to do this to you, but for the 48 hours after I give the finals, you and I will be spending non-stop quality time in my office. I have to get to Europe as fast as I can after we get the finals turned back to my classes. If you have any conflicts let me know and I will talk to your professors so you can re-schedule your other tests."

Amy had mixed feelings about Burnside's rush to get the finals graded and turned back to the students. On the one hand she was glad that after two days she would be free of the stress of having to grade all those finals. However, before that break, she would spend a solid 48 hours with Burnside in her office, with no sleep and existing almost as Burnside's prisoner. Amy secretly resented Burnside's assumption that she should go two days without sleep and drop everything else just for her. Furthermore, Burnside let Amy know that because she would be in Europe, Amy would have to spend the rest of finals week sitting in Burnside's office, listening to irate students complain about their final grades.

However, Amy said nothing, realizing that Burnside had legitimate reasons to push her so hard. The professor needed to get to Europe to attend meetings that week, and in fact would miss several meetings to give and grade finals at home. In spite of the importance of the meetings for Burnside and the department, there was no thought of giving finals early. Burnside was determined that her surviving students get their money's worth out of their classes. The last class of the semester had a lesson plan every bit as full as one in the middle of the semester. Burnside would have resigned sooner than skip a class, even the very last one of the semester.

Amy also knew that Burnside would work non-stop until her portion of the grading was done. Burnside had that strange ability to work up to 72 hours without sleep. With 6 hours of sleep she was as good as new, ready for anything. Burnside's unstoppable drive still impressed Amy, even after two years of knowing her.

Burnside relied on Amy extensively during the final weeks of the semester, even more so than she had during the fall. As nervous students poured into Burnside's office to fret about term papers or finals, it was Amy who had to screen them to see which ones had legitimate concerns to pass along to the professor, and which students simply needed to study harder. Amy learned to be both harsh and understanding, as the situation warranted. Like her mentor, Amy had little sympathy for the students who were in trouble because they had partied too much. However, Amy went out of her way to help the classmates who had tried hard, but still did not understand parts of the material. Without realizing it, by explaining the course material in many different ways to many different students, Amy herself became an expert in the subjects Burnside was teaching.

Burnside made no secret of the fact that she needed Amy's help and relied on her. As harsh as she was with Amy, Burnside made it very clear that she was grateful for the fact that Amy was there for her.

Amy was well aware of Burnside's involvement in academic exchanges and overseas scholarships. However, at the time Amy did not suspect that Burnside's trip would have any direct impact on her life, other than to promise her two days of no sleep while she and her professor read and graded essays.

Burnside gave four finals on the first Monday of finals week. There were a total of 170 tests altogether, 170 bluebooks filled with the panicky scrawled handwriting of the test takers. Amy sighed as she followed Burnside back to her office carrying two out of the four boxes full of tests. Burnside turned on her coffee maker and handed Amy a box of red pens and her formula for grading the exams for each class. Amy sat down at her desk to get started. She looked over at Burnside. The professor, with her red pen scrawling furiously, already was halfway through her second bluebook.

----------

Amy was both surprised and pleased to know that Wendy would go to Europe with Burnside. Amy also was somewhat jealous, wishing that she could have the opportunity to see the places that Wendy would be seeing.

Burnside seemed sure that she knew exactly what Wendy needed. This trip would be an important step for Wendy to take control of her own life. For the first time since December, Wendy would be on her own for extended periods of time. Burnside believed that it was important for Wendy to make this transition in an environment different from any familiar to her. Wendy had to start her transition away from the old landmarks in her life and the life patterns which had allowed her to get into her gambling mess in the first place. She would regain her independence while seeing new and exciting things, and hopefully the question of gambling would not enter her mind.

Dr. Halsey drove them to the airport. Wendy boarded the plane to Europe with Burnside and flew to London, the first stop on a two week trip that would take them to Great Britain, France, Belgium, and Germany.

When she traveled, Burnside indulged herself in the finest food and accommodations. Burnside's indulgence on herself was extended to Wendy. Wendy's role in Burnside's life changed from the role she held when she was living at the professor's house. Burnside considered Wendy her guest during the trip and looked after her comfort and entertainment. In the London hotel Wendy had her own room.

----------

Wendy's sexual relationship with Burnside changed dramatically once they arrived in Europe. Now that Wendy no longer wore Burnside's collar, she was free to make her own decisions sexually as part of her transition back to normal life. Burnside and Wendy continued their sexual relationship, but Wendy now was free to decide how she would spend her time with the professor. Partly because of the intensity of her experience as Burnside's servant for four months, Wendy secretly felt very passionate about her former mistress. The second night they were in London she had a huge surprise for Burnside.

Wendy decided to go to Burnside's room after they had finished dinner and were done for the evening. She knocked on the door, Burnside answered with just a towel wrapped around her, since she already had taken her clothes off to go to bed. Wendy stepped inside, without saying anything. She took Burnside's hand, kissed her, and pulled the towel off. Suddenly their roles were reversed. Burnside was nude, with a nervous expression on her face, while Wendy was fully dressed staring into her eyes with an intensity that made the professor nervous. Wendy grabbed Burnside's other hand and pressed her back against a dresser. She kissed Burnside passionately, first on the mouth, then on her breasts and neck. Burnside's body responded immediately. She grabbed Wendy's hand and pressed it to her pubis. Wendy ran her fingers over Burnside's clitoris and vagina. Burnside groaned. Wendy then grabbed Burnside's hands and led her to the bed, motioning her to lie face down. Burnside complied, as Wendy kissed her bottom and thighs. Burnside was becoming more and more aroused. Wendy stood up to pull off her own clothes and then buried her face in Burnside's bottom, kissing and licking her bottom cheeks. Suddenly Burnside rolled on her back and pulled Wendy over her. Wendy grabbed Burnside's hands and pushed them to the mattress over her head. She buried her mouth into Burnside's mouth.

Wendy's intensity both shocked and aroused Burnside tremendously. There was a desperation about Wendy's passion, the knowledge that she had only a few more nights to spend with the professor before having to return to her own life. Burnside could feel that desperation in Wendy's kisses. Burnside was determined that she would go all-out with Wendy tonight. She would do everything in her power to give Wendy as much pleasure as possible, to make up for the tremendous suffering Wendy had endured in her house.

Burnside moved her face between Wendy's legs. She kissed and licked Wendy until she was wild with excitement. This time Burnside did not want to torment Wendy, but instead give her as much pleasure as possible. Wendy, from having submitted to four months of sexual torment and passion, knew how to hold an orgasm to maximize it when it finally came. She held back, and finally climaxed.

Wendy suddenly wanted to taste Burnside. She moved her head between Burnside's legs and passionately tormented Burnside with her tongue, her lips and her teeth. Burnside climaxed, groaning loudly. Wendy moved over Burnside again and buried her mouth into Burnside's mouth. Burnside tasted herself on Wendy's mouth as she kissed her. She dug her fingers into Wendy's back. Burnside then motioned Wendy to lie on her stomach. She kissed Wendy's bottom, the same bottom she had so cruelly marked during the spring. After having gone nearly a month since her last punishment, Wendy's bottom was completely healed and her skin was responsive to Burnside's kisses and caresses. Burnside buried her face between Wendy's bottom cheeks, she moved her tongue around the sensitive area, doing something for Wendy that she had never done for anyone else, not even her lover Halsey. Wendy groaned with excitement and thrust her bottom up, enjoying the feel of Burnside's lips and tongue in the most private area of her body. This was a totally new experience for Wendy. She was almost insane with the sensation.

Burnside knew how to give intense pleasure. She spent nearly two hours with Wendy, giving her orgasm after orgasm, teasing her and arousing her to her limits. Finally, exhausted and drenched in sweat Burnside fell asleep, her head resting on Wendy's chest. Wendy gently ran her fingers through Burnside's hair before falling asleep herself.

The next morning Wendy woke up first. She looked at Burnside, still asleep. She pulled back the covers to look at the professor completely. The sight of her former mistress asleep, uncovered, and helpless had a strange effect on Wendy. The professor's face looked peaceful and somewhat younger in her sleep. It was very weird to see this dominating, powerful person quiet like this, even more so since Burnside rarely slept more than a few hours per night. However, she was exhausted after 48 hours of grading tests, then the flight, and then a long series of meetings over the past two days.

Wendy knew at that moment her servitude had ended for sure. Seeing Burnside asleep took away much of the mystique about her. For the first time Wendy saw her simply as another human being.

----------

Burnside usually included Wendy in her evening activities during their time in Europe. Wendy went with Burnside to the homes of several high-level education officials in the various countries. She had the chance to meet several influential European economists and see some of the most elegant settings Europe had to offer. On the nights there were no official invitations Wendy invariably could look forward to fancy hotel dinners with Burnside.

During the trip Wendy went with Burnside to only a few of her daytime meetings, the ones that Burnside thought would be useful for her. Burnside gave a several guest lectures about the crisis in the telecommunications industry in the US in each of the cities they visited, which Wendy always attended. Burnside was genuinely angry about investors' unnecessary losses in the US stock market. She spoke passionately about the analysts who, through misrepresentation of the facts, exhorted the public to buy bad stocks. She was angry at a system which no longer emphasized production and optimal use of resources, but instead accounting scams and insider trading. Burnside was irate over the tremendous injustice done to average investors.

In the same way that she saw Burnside in a different light when she was asleep, Wendy also saw a different side of Burnside when she gave speeches about the US stock market and small investors. Burnside was an idealist, and had a clear vision for the way things ought to be. She was an ardent defender of capitalism, but not of the way the system recently had developed in the US. She was able to express herself and her ideals with conviction and passion, winning over her cynical European audiences. Her voice was full of emotion and power. At the end of her lectures she was loudly applauded by her listeners, Wendy included.

----------

The trip was an important part of Wendy's overall transition back to normal life. For the first time since December Wendy faced the prospect of having a large amount of free time. While Burnside was in daytime meetings Wendy usually was on her own, free to do what she wanted. She spent most of her time in Europe sight-seeing, since the majority of the meetings were oriented around university and department concerns and were of no use to Wendy.

Burnside knew better than to just turn Wendy loose with no guidance. Familiar with London and the other capitols, the professor went over city maps in great detail, explaining to Wendy how to get around and what was most worth seeing. Every morning Wendy left the hotel with an itinerary of places she expected to see that day, carrying a cell phone in case she had any problems. Each morning Burnside handed Wendy the exact sum of money needed for the day's expected expenditures. Wendy was accountable for each Euro or Pound she spent. Burnside demanded to see receipts for everything at the end of each day, and tallied them up to make sure Wendy had spent her money on sight-seeing and eating instead of gambling. Burnside and Wendy both understood the importance of the professor's watch over Wendy's handling of money. In spite of her major in accounting, Wendy had to re-learn budgeting and spending what was in her pocket from scratch, as though she were a young teenager. Burnside gave the following advice, words that Wendy would remember for many years...

"Look at your time and the money I give you in terms of opportunity costs. To see one place you will give up the opportunity to see something else. Spend your money on one activity, and that money is forfeited for anything else. Appreciate the time, the money, and the opportunities you have. Your time, your opportunities, and your life come, they go, and once they're gone they aren't coming back."

Even with Burnside's careful monitoring of her expenditures, Wendy felt real freedom as she walked the streets of Europe. For the first time in over a year, she was able to move around with cash in her pockets and spend it on worthwhile things. She toured entire cities, saw museums, palaces, and local tourist spots. She saw Buckingham Palace, the Brandenburg Gate, and the Eiffel Tower. She toured ancient churches and strolled down old streets. She developed an appreciation for Europe and the history that gave rise to her own country, the United States.

Wherever she went, Wendy had the opportunity to gamble. Slot machines, lottery tickets, and video gaming were everywhere. Yet Wendy did not feel the urge to put her money in the machines. It was not just the threat of having unaccounted expenses to have to explain to Burnside. She genuinely did not feel the urge. She had regained control of her own life. For the first time in over a year she could truly enjoy herself and appreciate being alive. She appreciated being able to see new and exciting things. A deep happiness grew in her soul during the time she spent as a tourist in Europe. Wendy felt the world open up to her during those two weeks.

Burnside took a deep interest in Wendy's thoughts on her experiences as a tourist. At the end of each day they sat together at tea as Wendy opened up about her day's travels and the effect the sightseeing was having on her. Many of the places Wendy visited were places Burnside had not seen for many years. Some of the places had changed and Burnside was curious to hear Wendy's updates.

When they were in Berlin they went to a couple of nightclubs Burnside was familiar with. Burnside had brought a couple of her fetish outfits with her in anticipation of clubbing and lent one to Wendy. Burnside was slightly taller and more filled out than Wendy, but she could make do with one of Burnside's outfits that adjusted. The clubs were a lot like Burnside's parties, the difference being that Burnside could relax more now that she did not have to worry about 100 guests in her house.

Wendy had a great time, in spite of her strange situation. By the time they left Berlin Burnside no longer was bothering to book a separate room for Wendy, since Wendy was spending her nights in Burnside's room.

Berlin left special memories for Burnside and Wendy, but it was the final phase of their time together. Their relationship was drawing to a close. As soon as they returned from Europe, Wendy would either move back in with Amy or with her parents and would continue with her studies. Their impending separation heightened the feelings they had for each other at the moment.

----------

Wendy and Burnside knew that there had to be a final act of closure in their relationship, a final acknowledgement from both of them that their relationship truly had become one of two equal partners. On the last full day of their trip the two women toured Berlin together. It was a cool, overcast day, which suited Burnside. The professor never felt at ease in casual clothing, and the cooler weather allowed her to stay dressed in one of her business outfits. Wendy was dressed much more casually, but in her usual expensive stylish clothing.

After a day of sight-seeing Burnside and Wendy returned to their room. As soon as the door was shut, Wendy, with her recently discovered self-assurance, took Burnside's hands and looked the professor in the face.

"Dr. Burnside, before we left Chicago you told me that I was no longer your servant."

"Yes, Wendy, that's what I told you."

"...and that I would have as much say in our sex as you."

"Yes, Wendy. You don't feel that's true, that things are different?"

"No...I mean yes, things are different. But there's one thing you haven't done for me, and I...I think it's important."

"Yes. You're right. It's important. If you look in the side panel of my brown suitcase, you'll find what you need to punish me. Until you are finished, I'll submit to whatever you want me to do."

With that Burnside sank to her knees. Wendy's heart pounded as she dug through the suitcase. In the side panel there were several discipline items, including Burnside's infamous leather switch, a thick leather paddle, and bondage cuffs. Wendy picked up the switch, slashed it though the air, but then set it down, opting for the paddle instead. She left the cuffs alone. Burnside would have to exercise self-discipline during her punishment and would not be restrained. Carrying the paddle, Wendy returned to where Burnside was kneeling.

"Dr. Burnside, stand up, with your hands at your sides. Close your eyes."

Wendy undressed Burnside, throwing her clothes on the floor.

"Dr. Burnside, pick up your clothes, fold them, and kneel in front of me."

Burnside complied, perfectly docile, her demeanor totally different from any other time Wendy had ever known her.

As Burnside knelt in front of Wendy, naked and completely quiet, Wendy felt that her relationship with the professor, and her own life, had come full circle. She felt empowered, capable of doing anything, and capable of facing anything. She had changed. Punishing Burnside would be the final act, the final recognition by both of them that the Wendy leaving Burnside's house would not be the same Wendy who had entered in December. Even so, Burnside still had one more surprise in store for her former servant.

12