The War Continues for Nurse Jenny Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BlewWater69
BlewWater69
2,593 Followers

"Why, PO2 Wells! If I didn't know better, I'd say you were concerned about me," Russ kidded her.

"No maybe about it," Jenny declared with a smile.

Russ took her hand as they walked, and they stopped to sit on a flat rock some distance down the beach. It was getting late in the afternoon, and the sun was sinking low on the horizon. The Colonel had been carrying, in his other hand, a small basket Jenny had bought from one of the local natives. In it, she had cheese, bread, and some salami one of the cooks at the mess had been good enough to part with. It didn't hurt that the cook knew, as did most people on the island, of Jenny's involvement with the good Colonel. For his contribution to the little feast, Russ had somehow secured a bottle of red wine, which he now opened.

They ate the cheese and bread with the salami, and drank wine from two glasses Jenny had borrowed from the mess hall. The sun was like a golden ball just above the horizon, as they finished eating and sipped the remainder of the wine. Unaccustomed to drink, Jenny started to feel its effects.

"Oh, geez, I'm feeling a little light headed from the wine," Jenny told Russ.

"Good," Russ said jokingly.

"Are you trying to get me drunk, soldier?" Jenny kidded.

"Would it work?" Russ replied chuckling.

"You never know," Jenny allowed, and moved closer to him on the rock.

They had kissed before, but had not exceeded that limit yet. Colonel Russ Felton was eight years older than Jenny, but she didn't care. May thought she was crazy for letting an older man pursue her, but the other women thought he was dreamy handsome and told her to 'go for it, girl.' The age difference didn't bother Jenny, and she liked Russ's strong, experienced demeanor. He had remained a gentleman, though, and hadn't tried to push her to do anything beyond her comfort level.

The soft kiss was followed by several that were more urgent. Jenny had not had sex with anyone since Midway. Her body was telling her to let go, but her brain wasn't sure. She knew Russ wanted her and found her attractive. He had told her how beautiful she was, on several occasions and, a couple times, after kissing, she could tell he was hard. She wasn't even sure what was holding her back, except propriety. She knew Russ was a gentleman, and didn't want to mess things up with him by being unladylike.

Perhaps it was the wine, or the setting, or maybe it was just her body, finally winning out, but Jenny pushed her tongue into his mouth as they kissed. Russ answered, and they grew more ardent in their passion. Jenny took his hand and slowly moved it up to gently cup her left breast. Russ got the hint and squeezed her breast softly, through the material of her blouse and bra. Jenny moaned into his kiss and her tongue fought harder with his for the upper hand. She reached down and pulled her blouse from the waistband of her skirt, allowing him access now from underneath. His hand quickly found her supple left tit and massaged it some more through her bra.

Jenny reached behind her back, under the blouse, and undid the clasp of her bra. Instantly, Russ' hand was under the cup of the bra and over her firm breast. He cupped the apple sized mound and felt the turgid nipple pushing hard against the palm of his hand. His fingers wasted little time focusing on the tender distended bud, and they moaned together into their kiss.

"Oh, Russ," Jenny said when they finally gasped for air.

"God, you're so sexy," Russ exclaimed.

"Oh, you make me so hot," Jenny groaned.

"You're so beautiful," Russ declared as he gazed into her eyes.

Jenny's tiny hand traced a line from his knee up to his upper thigh. She had picked the right leg and could feel his excited sex bulging the fabric of his trousers. Her hand closed around it and squeezed gently. Both his hands caressed her breasts, now, and they resumed kissing their breath hot in each other's mouths. Their kisses grew even more urgent, as Jenny's hand moved to his belt and pulled on the brass buckle. It popped open and she pulled the one end loose.

Russ picked her up in his strong arms and they slid to the ground on the other side of the rock. It was not high enough to block anyone from seeing them if they walked this far up the beach, but it was high enough to provide some privacy from more distant observers. Jenny's hands worked on the buttons of his shirt, and Russ did the same to her blouse. Moments later, his eyes feasted on Jenny's soft white breast in the twilight, and her cute pink nipples were now accessible to his kisses. He put his mouth to one as she pulled hard on his pants and underwear.

"Oh, geez," Jenny growled when Russ sucked on her sensitive left nipple.

Her hands found his cock as it popped free from his pants. She ran her hand up the underside of the shaft, feeling something wetting her palm as she brushed over the head. Her small fingers curled around the shaft and Russ moaned into her tit, adding a new sensation to the wonderful ones she was already experiencing. Jenny's hand slid lower and palmed his huge testicles. She couldn't hold them both at once. His cock didn't feel as long as Jerry's, maybe more like Will's, but it was thick and his balls huge.

Russ' right hand tried to pull up her skirt but she stopped him. He groaned in moderate frustration, but returned to her breasts as he switched nipples with his mouth to give them both equal attention. Jenny's hand returned to his shaft and started stroking him. She felt more pre-cum ooze from the head, coating her fingers and making her task of rubbing his cock easier.

Jenny would have liked nothing better than to impale herself on Russ' thick hard cock, then and there, but she wanted him to believe she wasn't that easy. Her mind was even tormenting itself between just stroking him and not pleasing him more by taking him in her mouth. Good girls in the forties weren't supposed to be even doing what she was little, let alone fucking or sucking cock. Her growing feelings for Russ were in strict contrast to her desire to avoid jumping right back into relationships like those she had with Jerry and Brad on Midway. With Russ, though, there was more. She could feel herself falling for this guy and wanting to please him. Her mind tried to restrain her actions but, her heart and body were fighting hard for more.

Jenny pulled up Russ' undershirt when she felt his cock grow even stiffer and his testicles draw tightly against the base of his shaft. He was moaning into her breasts, now, and she pulled his head up and kissed him with increased passion. Her tongue probed deep into his mouth, seeking his and finding it. It was all Russ could take and his cock started spewing cum. The first shot went higher than Jenny planned and landed on his shoulder. Her thumb blocked most of the second, equally forceful, blast, and it coated her fingers and dropped to his belly. The next several covered his chest in white spunk. Jenny couldn't see well, in the darkness behind the rock, but she believed he came a ton.

She kissed him until his dick began to soften in her hand. Russ laid there with his eyes tightly closed, his chest heaving as he sought to slow his breathing, and his abdomen still slightly moving in the aftermath of his release. Jenny finally broke the kiss and used the moment to clean the remnants of his seed from her fingers, then sat back on her heels to button her shirt. She could see glimpses of the whiteness on his belly. She smiled at him as his breathing slowed and he opened his eyes and smiled back.

"Nothing for you?" Russ asked.

"I'll be fine," Jenny avowed, but knew she would have to do something on her own.

"That was nice," Russ said, kissing her again.

"I liked it too," Jenny allowed with a cute mischievous smile.

"Here, I thought you were an innocent girl," Russ said.

"What makes you think I'm not?" Jenny asked but with a smirk.

"The way you handled me. I think you've done that before," Russ claimed.

"Maybe once or twice," Jenny said and giggled.

"So you're not the innocent little farm girl from Lincoln, Nebraska you claim to be," Russ stated with merriment.

"I never said I was completely innocent," Jenny claimed.

"Oh, must have been my imagination," Russ chuckled.

"Must be, Colonel, sir," Jenny said and saluted him.

"Maybe I should order you to show me what else you know," Russ mused.

"That wouldn't be fair, even in love and war, Colonel," Jenny chided, but grinning.

"I suppose not, PO2, but I'd sure like it," Russ proclaimed.

"I think I might too, sir."

They laughed, and Jenny helped Russ clean up with her handkerchief. They packed up the food and glasses and started walking back, hand in hand. Darkness had settled over the island but, in the distance, flashes of explosions could be seen and their thunder dimly heard as the battle raged over Guadalcanal. They drew closer to camp and passed a two-man patrol walking the beach towards them. The Colonel returned their salutes, and they walked past.

"It's a good thing you know the schedules of the patrols," Jenny giggled quietly.

"I guess that's true," Russ agreed and chuckled softly along with her.

They got back to camp and walked past the mess hall, which was one of the few buildings with an outside light on, at night. As they were nearing Jenny's barracks, Bea came out of the shadows, laughing, hand in hand with some Marine. She was somewhat startled to see the Colonel and Jenny, and both Bea and the Marine saluted them both. The light caught their faces and Jenny could see that Bea's lipstick was smeared. She knew that Russ probably saw it, too.

After Bea and the Marine had moved off, Russ and Jenny said goodnight. They were discreet, now that they were back on base, and he gave her a chaste kiss on the cheek. He held both her hands, as they talked and gazed into each other's eyes.

"Thanks for a great evening," the Colonel said with a smile.

"It was very nice," Jenny agreed.

"Can I see you again, soon?" Russ asked.

"I don't have much time, between now and Friday. Can you get away, Friday night?"

"I'll find a way," Russ stated. "I don't know if I can stand it, 'til then."

"Me either, Russ," Jenny replied.

He looked around and, not seeing anyone, leaned in and kissed her full on the lips. Jenny kissed him back but, broke into a grin.

"Why, Colonel, Ah do declare! Y'all are takin' liberties, with me!" Jenny scolded in her best Southern Belle imitation.

"I am consumed by your beauty, Miss Wells," Russ said jokingly.

"Well, okay, then," Jenny relented, laughing.

They said goodnight and Jenny went inside. May was in their room, and asked about her date with the Colonel. Jenny filled her in on the nice picnic on the beach, stopped short of describing everything that had occurred. Bea entered as they were getting ready for bed.

"Geez, Bea," Jenny declared. "You got to be more careful."

"What do you mean?" Bea asked.

"When we met you, your lipstick was all smeared," Jenny pointed out.

"Oh, my. You think the Colonel noticed?" Bea asked.

"I wouldn't be surprised," Jenny stated.

"Oh, gosh," Bea responded.

"Oh, Bea, how could you?" May proclaimed.

"Alright, May. I get it. I'll be more careful next time," Bea avowed.

When Bea, May, and Jenny were in bed and had just turned the lights out they heard Viv and Dorrie stumbling into the dorm. From the sounds of things, they were drunk, which probably meant they'd had another night of wild sex. Jenny rolled over, facing the wall. She felt her own sexual frustration, but tried to put it out of her mind so she could sleep.

Japanese troops shown boarding a destroyer for the "Tokyo Express" run to Guadalcanal.

As the nurses slept on Tulagi, the Japanese continued their build up of troops on Guadalcanal, using nighttime operations the Allies referred to as the "Tokyo Express". This involved using destroyers and other fast ships that were capable of making the run to Guadalcanal and back before daybreak. It was also referred to as running "The Slot", a narrow body of water between the various islands of the Solomons including Sealark Sound. The Japanese landed over 5,000 troops on Guadalcanal, near Taiva Point, between August 29th and September 4th. They also landed about a thousand troops west of the Marines' Lunga perimeter.

The Japanese next major offensive was planned and led by Major General Kawaguchi, in command of the 35th Infantry Brigade, which had finally arrived and was prepared to fight. Along with remaining elements of Ichiki's Second Echelon, now renamed the Kuma Battalion, and part of Kawaguchi's 35th Brigade that had landed west of the Marine's perimeter under the command of Colonel Oka, all prepared for attack on Henderson Field.

Kawaguchi issued his three pronged attack plan on September 7th to attack and annihilate the troops around Henderson Field. Kawaguchi's forces all began moving into position on the 7th. He left 250 men behind in charge of protecting their supply base at Taiva, near the village of Tasimboko. Native scouts, under the command of Martin Clemens of the Solomon Islands Protectorate Defense Force, told the commanding officers of the Marines about Japanese troops being around Taiva Point. Lieutenant Colonel Edson planned an attack on them via boat. On September 8th they landed on Taiva Point and quickly drove the defenders into the jungle. What they found was a treasure trove of rations, ammunition, medical supplies, and a very high powered radio. They destroyed everything they didn't want, but returned with valuable documents and equipment.

The captured documents, along with the volume of supplies, gave the Marines evidence that an attack was planned and of the size of the force facing them. They prepared for the attack and strengthened positions they thought were vulnerable, especially around the airstrip. Colonel Edson positioned his Raiders along a natural ridge just west of the airfield.

The Japanese attack took place the night of September 12th with 3,000 of Kawaguchi's men attacking the ridge defended by Edson's men. The battle raged for two nights with the Japanese gaining some ground, but at a high cost. In addition, most of the advances they made were quickly repulsed by other Allied defenders. On the night of September 14th, Kawaguchi withdrew his remaining troops and led them on a five day march to the Matanikau Valley to meet up with Oka. The remaining two prongs of the Japanese attack had been repulsed, with equally heavy losses. All told, Kawaguchi's forces lost well over 800 men while the Marines lost just over a hundred.

Upon learning of the defeat Kawaguchi's men suffered, the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters determined that Guadalcanal was now a critical front in the war. They could not afford to lose Guadalcanal to the Allies. General Hyakutake, the overall operational leader for the area, decided to concentrate on Guadalcanal. To do that he had to withdraw from their positions on New Guinea, only thirty miles from their objective, Port Moresby, and reassign those troops and materiel to the campaign on Guadalcanal.

The nurses on Tulagi put in a series of hard, terrible shifts, that week. The wounded from Guadalcanal were coming in to them in a vicious, steady stream. They learned, through various channels, that the Japanese had launched a new offensive on Guadalcanal. The work was constant, giving them little to no time for rest, and free time was not available at all. They were so exhausted by the end of their twelve hour shifts that even Viv and Dorrie forgot about attempting any afterhours hi-jinx.

Jenny thought she was going to lose it, if things didn't ease up soon. Every night as they got ready for bed, she scrubbed her hands until they were nearly raw. Her hands were constantly covered with blood for most of her twelve hour shift in the OR. When she got out at the end of the day it took massive scrubbing to get all traces of blood from her hands and under her nails, and she began to wonder if this was how Lady Macbeth had felt. The other girls watched her with growing concern.

Finally on the 15th thing eased up a bit. Again they heard, through the grapevine, that the Marines had successfully defended their positions on Guadalcanal. The nurses still had to work feverishly for two more days, to finish tending to patients before they were shipped out to Pearl, and to restock the OR and other stores for the next potential offensive. It wasn't until that weekend that they really got time to relax.

Many of the Marines had a party planned for Saturday night. Of course all the nurses were invited. They would have liked to do a beach party, but bonfires on the beach were strictly prohibited because of all the Japanese naval activity in "The Slot." Therefore, they had to hold the party either in the mess or back behind the camp in the jungle. The mess hall had limitations for size, and the atmosphere was not great either, so they preferred the jungle, despite the mosquitoes. The bonfire worked to keep them at bay, as long as you stayed close by.

Charlotte let the nurses work only eight hour shifts that day which meant even the second shift could make the party once they were off duty. The Marines prepared everything, and were fortunate that there was a nice clearing not far into the woods where they could hold the party. They used a bulldozer to clear a path to it, which made it easier for the nurses to get there. Someone had made some punch and spiked it with some spirits they managed to lay their hands on. The phonograph one of the Marines had worked off a wire they had strung to the clearing, but the damp humid night didn't help with the sound or the playing. Nonetheless, they had music, which meant dancing.

By ten o'clock at night the party was in full swing. The fire and smoke helped keep the mosquitoes down to manageable numbers and the dirty, somewhat muddy dance floor meant the women had to wear flats and not heels, but all in all they had a great time. Everyone needed to unwind, and the punch helped in that regard.

The first shift nurses' dance cards were constantly full, and they were elated when the second shift showed up to take some of the pressure off them for every dance. The night was hot and sticky and everyone soon had a good perspiration going, especially those who were dancing. Jenny's dance card was constantly full, until the Colonel showed up at just after ten. She danced, after that, but the varying partners became just one.

May was constantly dancing with Phil, the Marine she had developed a fondness for over the last few weeks. Bea had a group of five male admirers after her, and Dorrie and Viv had so many that no one could count them all. Charlotte had been there, early, with the good Doctor Sanford, but they had kindly left to cover the remaining patients when the second shift arrived. All the new girls, who hadn't had much time for socializing since arriving on Tulagi, were immediately besieged by a horde of Marines and sailors.

Jenny and May were taking a breather from dancing, and Phil had gone with the Colonel to see about more punch for everyone. As May and Jenny sat talking, they watched the new recruits dancing away.

"Look at that, "Jenny said, pointing over to Thelma. "She must have five guys, easy, waiting to dance with her."

"Yeah, poor, Thelma. Those guys are going to wear her out," May expressed.

"Look at Bonnie and Jackie," Jenny added. "They look like good dancers."

"They're both so cute I imagine they had plenty of chances to practice, in high school," May elaborated.

The phonograph was currently playing a lively dance number. Jenny recognized it as a Benny Goodman tune, although she couldn't put a name to it. Of course, since the only Goodman tunes she recognized by name were "Stardust" and "Sing, Sing, Sing", that wasn't saying a whole lot. She watched the two tall brunettes swing and sway, with their partners, out on the dance floor. Both Bonnie and Jackie looked to be about five-eight with trim curvy bodies, not unlike May, but more so. Jenny was a little jealous of their height. Darla was shorter and blonde, closer to Bea's height, but not as cute as Bea. She was a talker though and everyone liked her. Her bubbly personality made up for a nose that was a little too big for her face.

BlewWater69
BlewWater69
2,593 Followers