The Warlord's Physician Ch. 03

Story Info
A warlord's son finds taboo love in the wasteland.
2.6k words
4.43
5.6k
2
0

Part 3 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/14/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Needle and his fellow captives were packed together, suffering and sweating and choking on the heat together. Needle was lucky he was so thin, unlike the laborer slaves. He could squeeze into these smaller areas easier. Still, he didn't like how many people were breathing on him all at once. If just one of them was sick, then they all would be ill, and the Overdogs weren't about to waste their medicine on a bunch of slaves.

Some of the slaves were whispering to one another, but most were smart enough to remain quiet. There was no way of knowing when their new masters might return, and they may not like the idea of slaves talking to one another.

"This is our chance," one man said to a woman beside him. They knew each other once, but could not say that still remained true. Still, the attachment was there. "We can escape. Go to Heritage. Be free again."

"Heritage is a myth," she said in reply. The other slaves nodded in agreement, not saying a word but not needing to.

"It's better than this shit." He held out his hands to her, weighed down by the iron shackles that had bound him for years, skin gone raw beneath them.

And who could blame him for wanted to finally escape? He had spent years in the darkness, only kissed by the sun on that very day, and then was shoved back into the darkness of the rickety truck trailer, crushed between his fellow slaves. He wanted to feel the sunlight on his cheek again, and he wanted to do so on his own terms.

Needle could understand that sort of mentality, but he couldn't understand the stupidity that accompanied it. He'd known of so many slaves who simply cut and ran one day, as if their chains would not weigh them down, as if they would not be seen by the very Crazies they just ran from. If they were lucky, they would be beaten with flogs. If not, they would face death by fire in full view of their many chained brothers.

An argument was about to erupt when gunfire sounded outside the metal shell of the truck. Then something exploded so loudly that Needle lost all sense of hearing, save the sound of ringing. But it was not a fiery explosion, not like those that took the cities so many years ago. As the truck swerved to the side and titled over, he realized that the gunfire had popped several tires.

Metal screeched and so did slaves as the truck careened. Needle was in the air for a moment, free from the binding force of gravity, until the truck hit the ground and an elbow hit his face. Hundreds of chain links jangled as already bruised beings hit the warm metal.

Needle was dazed a moment. It was like he suddenly woke up and wished only for five more minutes in bed. Then the copper taste of blood filled his mouth and a shattering pain ripped across his face where some other unlucky bastard had accidentally hit him. The bruise would appear moments later, and he knew that an ice pack was all he needed to make it go away. Ice packs were not particularly common in the wasteland, and he was not sure why his mind wandered to such things.

Metal continued to creak as the truck settled. Horns blared outside and bullets rattled against the sand and asphalt and metal. A thin trickle of light shone through the opened back of the truck. The lock that had sealed it was broken by a stray bullet.

The slaves rose to their feet, one by one, not daring to help one another. They stared at the glimmer of light as it illuminated bits of dust hanging in the air, and not even a breath was heard among the cacophony of bulletfire.

"Providence!" shouted the one rebellious slave. He pushed through the others, a grin and a wound on his face, and ran toward the slit of light. "We're free."

His frame was massive, only shortened by the slouch that came with heavy chains. Still, he was built to be a laborer and laborers needed muscles to work those long days in the field or in the mines. He was easily the size of his new owner, maybe even larger. So, when his ripped body pushed against the metal door, it didn't put up a fight.

He smiled wildly and even cheered as he entered the chaos of battle, for he was in the sunshine once again.

He would never know whose bullets shattered his body. Blood splattered across the sand, red on grey, and the rest of the slaves cowered back into the shell of the truck.

The carmada had encircled the fallen truck as the chopper attacked, following a pattern that had been devised long ago, when Snake was still conquering enemy gangs for fun. The chopper itself was armored with the same rusted steel that protected vehicles and highwaymen. It seemed to weigh the great beast down and the whiny strain on its engine could be heard from below.

Snake was not a mere armchair warlord. There were some in the wasteland who did not fight. They just barked orders to their soldiers and relied on lieutenants to fulfill their orders. While the Overdogs could function easily without his assistance, he preferred a more hands-on approach to business matters.

"Surrender the cargo or die," shouted one of the highwaymen on the chopper. The Bronze Bullets, their gang, had once been great enemies of the Overdogs. Now they were a petty nuisance that showed up occasionally, trying to stir up trouble. How they got a helicopter, Snake could not imagine.

"You came a long way to end up in chains!" Snake screamed in reply, but they did not seem to hear him. He leaped out of his pickup truck's cargo and onto the hood of the armored sedan in front of him, adrenaline pushing him forward. He dodged the spike mounted to the front of the car and stepped over some plated armor, not even bothering to hold on. One of his men handed him a rifle, one with a scope, as he took a seat on the top of the car. All this, and he had not yet put his clothes back on.

The Bronze Bullets were not a particularly bright group. Their enemies claimed that they had difficulty with simply tasks that did not involve meth, and this was not an exaggeration. The gunner was an exception, however, in that he was proficient with a rifle and knew how to prioritize targets. Legs dangling out of the side of the chopper, he emptied magazine after magazine onto the carmada below. At best, he took out tires and sent trucks careening. At worst, he made his enemies more hesitant to fire back, for fear of being shot themselves.

Years of wasteland warfare had taught the highwaymen, both in the cars and in the helicopter, the meaning of pain. There was no way to escape suffering in this desert, and it would only be washed away in the blood of others. When a bullet broke someone's skin, that person often found themselves with a nasty infection. Infections are difficult to treat in the wasteland, so those people often died. Even if they did not get shot, the sound of gunfire can be, quite literally, deafening. Many highwaymen fell asleep with painful ringing in their ears, a symptom of such constant violence.

The aroma of blood and lead and even some gunpowder had a tantalizing effect on Snake. The highwaymen in the helicopter were surely baffled by the adrenaline-fueled hard-on between his legs, raging against the noise and chaos that surrounded him. Perhaps it was just the thrill of near-death, or the way his heart was pumping so loudly in his ears, but a dangerous energy came about him and manifested in a way that would surely pleasure Delilah later.

"I'm gonna fuck your corpse!" Snake unloaded a hail of gunfire, but to no avail. Each time the rifle pushed against his shoulder, a bullet got lodged in the chopper's armor. Even the scope did not help. "Lube it up for me!" They were idle threats. He did not molest corpses. Rapist and killer, he may be, but at least he didn't defile bodies.

One highwayman stuck his head out the window, disturbing Snake. "Boss, where'd these guys come from?" he asked in a thick drawl. His bulbous head was covered in dirt and an old, stale cigarette hung out of his mouth.

"Hell, most likely," replied Snake, taking a moment from his failed sniping to respond to the hick highwayman. "More recently, they're probably survivors from our last raid on the Bronze Bullets. Rest ran off and joined other gangs."

"But, boss, where'd they get the chopper?"

"I will personally let you know just as soon as I find out." It was a lie, but lots of lies were told to hicks while they were shooting at helicopters. Especially as warlords rested on the tops of moving cars.

Snake had worked up a sweat from his sexual workout. Now he was getting drenched in it, as the noon sun wore down on him, in spite of the cool breeze and the dust slightly obscuring the sunlight. His shaved head reflected the light. Many of his highwaymen were in that same position, as they popped off bullet after bullet, hoping to take out the chopper. He didn't demand that his men shave their heads, but they tried to emulate him in as many ways as possible. Even some of the women shaved their heads, and were hardly recognizable afterward.

"Fuck this," he said, after trying to aim once again. "Driver, break formation and get me some distance."

"Right away, boss."

Snake had to hold onto a large metal spike jutting from the car as it swerved through rougher sands. While there were certainly many highways throughout the wasteland, the raiders who rode them were more than capable of riding over sand and dust as well. They had already strayed a distance from the asphalt, so there was no real harm in traveling any farther.

The chopper was too preoccupied with the other vehicles in the carmada to notice the one sedan skidding away. They parked in the sand and the engine idled. All was quiet and the gunfire was distant, and the world seemed to fade away as he peered through the scope of the rifle.

The battle was a disappointment to the bitter warlord. His highwaymen, seasoned as they were from years of wasteland battling, were no match for an aerial threat. They probably would have to ditch a few cars, for lack of replacement tires. More than a few cars were trudging along under the weight of their own armor, unable to keep up with a blown tire, still trying to circle the crashed truck.

He took great pain in the knowledge that the chopper had to be destroyed. Perhaps if he had slept the night before, a great idea would surge through his mind as blood surged through his loins. He had no such luck, however. There was no way to kill those two pesky Bronze Bullets and save the helicopter. It was a shame, too. He always wanted to fly around in one of those things and murder wastelanders from the sky. Like a wrathful god, but with lead instead of thunderbolts.

Peering through that scope, the whole world might have been that chopper. And it was not the chopper itself that mattered, but the importance and thrill of battle, and the rage it tamed inside of Snake. All that he felt was the trigger beneath his finger. All that he saw was the pilot of the aircraft, a bearded man with headphones over his ears to protect them from the terrible noise.

Distant sounds filled his ears and the smell of burning gasoline hung in the air like a cheap perfume. But those distractions did not even register in his curdled mind.

Among all the rage and the noise was a nearly still beating. It seemed to take ours between thumps, but it was unmistakably Snake's heart. Its noise filled his ears, drowning all else out. He did not even notice the beads of sweat drip down his forehead.

He inhaled once and squeezed the trigger. A hole pierced the pilot's head, and he was down.

Everything was visible through the scope, but he had to imagine the screams of the fallen. The helicopter swerved left, then right, as the dead pilot fell against the stick. It cleared the carmada completely and came crashing down into the dust. A small explosion erupted, all fire and smoke, and the dust kicked up in a plume of ash.

"They alive?" asked the highwayman, head still sticking out the window.

"Life's a mystery," Snake remarked. "If you morons drive us over to the crash site, I'll bet we can tell."

"I bet they're still alive," he said.

"Wouldn't be too sure about that."

The metal was twisted and smoking and still warm. Dozens of cars approached it from all around, guns pointed at it in case someone moved. Flames licked the steel and glass around the bottom of the wreck.

The pilot was dead, that much was for sure. He hung out loosely on the ground, inert with the finality of a bullet in the head. But something stirred within the steel husk.

Snake, still naked, stepped forward to examine the situation himself. Gore and smoke were wonderful aromas to him, and he had to problem seeing the violent results of his actions. In fact, it made him feel sort of proud of himself.

He reached in with a single hand and pulled out the barely breathing highwayman, the gunner who had shot out so many of their tires. The bastard spattered blood all over the sand and tried to crawl away.

"Hey, I was right," the hick highwayman said enthusiastically, a wide smile across his face. Nobody deigned to comment on that.

Snake kicked sole survivor. And kicked him. And kicked him. Huffing and puffing all the while. "You! Piece! Of! Shit! That chopper should have been mine! Get up and fight you weakling! Fight on the ground like a fucking man!"

But he didn't get up. When he saw that it was going the way he hoped, Snake took a revolver from one of his men and made sure the job was done. Another bullet to the head, another corpse in the sand. The Overdogs just stared at him.

"You lost the bet," Snake said, looking over at the hick highwayman, who was no longer smiling. Another gunshot rang out, another corpse in the sand. Blood soaked the dust and did not purify it. "Replace tires. Trucks take priority. If we run out of tires, fuck the sedans. Pack everything you can in the slave haul, if you can't fit it elsewhere."

They were still in awe of the sheer violence they had just witnessed. Their intrepid leader just took down an armored helicopter.

"Get moving, assholes, before I shoot the rest of you. That's right, move it or lose it, I don't pay you to stare at my cock." In fact, he did not pay them at all.

Snake returned to his truck, where Delilah was still waiting. She was out of breath and shivered with fear. She wrapped her arms around herself, covering her breasts. He pulled her hands down and ran his sweaty, tired hands along them. They were so supple, so smooth, and her nipples went hard with his touch.

"Did you kill them?" She spoke like a sigh, like she was whispering some endearing secret in her lover's ear.

"What kind of animal do you take me for? Of course I killed them."