The Way I Survive Ch. 01

Story Info
My Life.
1.9k words
4.01
15.4k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors note: all events and or people in this story are purely fictional and over 18 years old. As always comments or suggestions are welcome. Please enjoy. As always there are no explicit sex scenes in the story.

------------------------------------------------

My name is Darren Thomas and I just turned 18 years old. I stand 5'11" and weigh 170lbs. with blonde hair and blue eyes. I am what today would be called and army brat meaning my family moves from post to post. I am an only child of Marie and Col. Alfred Thomas. The date was June 18th, 1875 and if I knew then what I know I would not change anything that has happened.

My father had been reassigned to Fort Corpus which on the South Texas Coast. We had been there about two months when I started to get into the normal trouble that young men do when there are young ladies inside a military post.

You see I fancied myself a ladies' man and had a lot of luck with the young ladies but the parents or said young ladies did not like me and thus there were problem.

So I had a lot of fathers wanting my father to either make me marry their daughters or make me go away. My father had also been pressuring me to attend West Point and to following in his footsteps.

While on June 18, 1875 that all changed. Fort Corpus sat on the point of where the Gulf of Mexico and the Hayes River met. On the morning I awoke like normal and had walked up on the wall of the fort. When I look out at what was normally and peaceful ocean. All I saw was a wall of water coming at the fort. I yelled for everyone take cover.

The next thing I know I woke up at the edge of the river but I had no idea of where I was. The only thing I know was that there was a woman and a rather short fellow looking at me.

I jumped up and moved back trying to get my bearing.

The woman asks are you ok?

Where am I and who are you? I asked.

You are about 100 miles from Corpus, Texas and my name is Brea Allen and this is Sass Sircoat said the woman.

Brea Allen stood 4'9" and weighs 100lbs with cloths and soaking wet, with long black hair and green eyes. She was very well preparation with very nice and small round breast and a cute little round butt.

Sass Sircoat was a very short man standing 4'5" tall and weighing maybe 80 lbs. with red hair and brown eyes.

That is when I started to do a physical check of myself and realized that I still somehow had my new pistol. It was one that my father had giving me for my eighteen birthday. A Remington New Army 44-40 with two extra cylinders.

I then realize that I was not hurt physical.

I asked them which way are you headed and can I go with you?

Brea said, we are headed north west toward Dallas and you can come with us.

If there is anyway could we go thru Fort Hood and maybe I could learn if anyone survived the wall of water that hit Fort Corpus, I asked.

So that is how you got here, asked Brea.

Yes, I was standing on the wall and looked up and all I saw was a very large wall of water coming at the fort. All I had time to be yell and the next thing I know I woke up here.

Sass then said you have been out for four days.

Oh shit, I said.

Well there is nothing I can do right now about it. I just need to know did my parents survived and to try and let them know that I am ok. I said.

Well we will go through Fort Hood and see if there is any news of survivors, and if there is we will send a telegram to let your parents know that you're ok said Brea.

That sounds fine, I said.

They just happened to have an extra horse with them and they let me use it until we could travel about 50 miles to Fort Hood.

As we were in route to Fort Hood, Texas we started noticing a lot of Dust cloud moving toward us at a high rate of speed.

I'll go check it out you two just keep riding along and we will see what happens, Sass said.

About three hours later Sass came up and said we got company.

At that point I felt and sharp pain in my right shoulder and everything went black.

When I woke up all I saw was Sass Stand over me and looking really concerned.

What happened, I asked?

Three men came up riding hard and Shot at you and only you and when they saw that you went down they just rode off, said Brea.

Brea said, I thought we were going to lose you last night but I am glad to see you made it thru. I tried to get up but was very sore and then decided to stay on the ground and rest until in the morning when we would then finishing making our way to Fort Hood.

When we get to Fort Hood I will go and see Gen. Cordell Walker and see what news of Fort Corpus I can get. Gen. Walker is an old friend of my father and like a second father to me.

Gen Walker was a career soldier and stood 6'1" and weighed 150lbs. with grey and dark eyes.

We came to the gates or Fort Hood and noticed that something must be wrong because normally the gate are open but they were closed and I looked up and Saw some of my friends were on guard duty.

Hey Jimmy what is going on here, I asked?

Darren what are you doing here, asked Jimmy?

I am here trying to find out if my family is alive and if so to let them know that I am alive, I said.

Can you let me in to see Gen. Walker, I asked?

He yelled down to open the gates.

I told Brea and Sass that my dad had been stationed here until about two months ago when he was given command of Fort Corpus.

We then proceeded to the admin offices and were met by Maj. Jackson who when he saw me said, what are you doing here?

I then relayed what had happened to since I quickly left Fort Corpus.

I asked is the Gen. in?

Yes and he will want to see you said, Major Jackson.

We then enter the Generals office and I said hi uncle Cord.

Are you ok? Asked Gen. Walker

Yes, I said.

Any news of my parents, I asked?

Yes and it is not good. Your mom did not make it. Your father was out on patrol and is a live but now has been forced to retire and is a wanted man by the army. He and some of his best men are now on the run.

He sent me a telegram to let me know that you would come and see me if you were able and to tell you not to go back to Fort Corpus for any reason.

Why? I asked.

Because of the Mexican bandits that have taken over that area. They will kill any American that comes in there.

Your father also said that he was able to recover your mother's body and buried her.

Will you get word to my dad that I am alive and tell him to find me whenever he can, I asked.

Yes, said Gen. Walker

Where will you and your friends go Darren, asked the General?

I am not sure but I know we will not go back to the south.

Is the army going to do anything about these Mexican Bandits, I asked.

Yes, said the General.

We have Soldier on the Way from the North and all over Texas to go in and fight these Bandits and get them out of the United States.

I need to ask some favors of you if will please Gen, I asked.

Anything son, said the General.

I need some supplies you know ammo a rifle and horses and trail supplies for a couple of weeks for me and my friends.

It was at that point in time that I heard a woman's voice say you mean for the four of us don't you Darren?

I turned around to see the Love of my life Allison (Ally) Walker.

Ally stood 5'3" and 125lbs with blonde hair and blue eyes. She always had a body to die for with nice sized breast and a heart shaped ass.

We had grown up together as friends and usually if you saw one you saw the other and as we got older we just kind of fell in love. I ran and hugged Ally and said I love you and was just about to ask where you were so that I could see you.

I love you two, Ally said.

What, General Walker said?

General I was meaning to talk to you about this, I said.

I was going too asked for your permission to married Ally before my family got transferred but as you know that happened very suddenly.

Can I have your permission, I asked.

Well now, I have a few questions Darren?

First how will you make a living to take care of my little girl?

I know I can work and am not afraid of hard work but I don't know what exactly I will do at this point, I said.

Well I may be able to help you there Darren, said the general.

Ally's mother and I brought a place outside of Colorado Springs, CO a few years ago and have had some people working on it since then but have never had any reason to go there ourselves.

A few months ago Ally's Mom mentioned that she thought you two might one day get married and that it would be a good wedding present for you two.

So in other words yes have our permission, said the General.

Well I guess I know what I will be doing if Ally agrees to marry me but I still have to find a ring for her.

The General laughed again and said no you don't. I asked why?

Because your dad sent some of your mother's things to you and one of them was her wedding set.

Ally then said I would be honored to wear it Darren.

So I got down on one knee and said Ally, "I love

you more than life and would be honored if you

would be my wife?"

Yes yes yes was Ally's answer.

About that time her mother ran into the room and hugged both of and said thank god he is alive.

Ally said mom can I use your wedding dress?

Yes her mother said.

Brea and Sass were stand there in shock and then said congrats.

Mrs. Walker then said we have a wedding to plan and all of the girls left to start and I was told that it would happen on Saturday afternoon.

I also was told that I would need to start getting ready to make a long trip to Colorado Springs.

So I asked the General what all we would need to

make a trip like that.

He said not to worry that he would take care of

it and help me in any way he could.

All I could say was thank you.

TO BE CONTINUED......

CHAPTER 2 THE WEDDING AND LONG TRIP.