The Way it Happened

Story Info
Older brother and sister find love in one another's arms.
12.9k words
4.59
72.7k
55
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Pete....

My name is Pete, and this is the story of how my younger sister and I ended up as lovers. I know incest is a very dirty word for what is supposed to be a very dirty act, but when the act occurred it felt far from dirty. In fact, it seemed completely natural.

I was 40 at the time, now 42. Trisha, my sister was 36, now 38. I have never married, choosing a lifelong bachelorhood. Trisha married at 25, divorced at 30, and decided to stay single afterwards. She was unable to have children, which was a deciding factor in her divorce. I lived in southeastern New Mexico's Pecos Valley. I grew up in the area, and after moving around for a bit, decided to settle down back in my hometown.

Trisha was the type of kid who could not wait to graduate high school and move away from our small hometown. She settled on college at Duke, and stayed living on the east coast, eventually settling in a suburb of Richmond, Virginia. She was an analyst for a marketing firm, while I had a career in financial services. I got my start after college in Denver, and once I made a substantial amount of money slaving for others, I semi-retired to my hometown and day traded my way to a very comfortable lifestyle.

Trisha and I rarely saw one another, mostly at Christmas and if one of us happened to be in the other's area. I travelled quite a bit, mostly by myself, and had a goal to see every country on my travel list eventually.

When I was 32, my father died from a massive coronary, and I became my mother's primary support system. She had Lupus and was ill, and taking care of her doctor's appointments, etc. took up a vast amount of my time. Trisha flew in for a week during our father's funeral, and went two years before she came back for Christmas.

A couple of months after that, our mother passed, mostly from a broken heart after our father's passing. Trisha flew in and stayed for two weeks until we settled the estate. We both received sizable amounts from the life insurance and savings, and we did a quick sale on the house as neither of us wanted it.

After the funeral, Trisha went home and we went almost 6 full years without seeing one another. We e-mailed and made the occasional phone call, but we drifted apart, two people alone in a large world. We had no aunts, no uncles, no cousins, and our grandparents were all gone as well.

I had returned from a trip to Australia when I received a call from Trisha, who asked if I was home. I told her I was, and she said she would be by my place in 15 minutes. She had flown in after seeing my Facebook page announcing my return home.

When the doorbell rang, I opened and saw my sister, who looked like a lost soul. I hugged her and brought her inside. After a quick tour, she brought our old snarky sibling relationship back.

"Are you sure the reason you never married wasn't because you are gay?"

"What?"

"Your house....way too pretty for a straight guy," she said.

"I paid a very expensive, very beautiful interior designer a lot of money to make it this way. And before you ask, yes, I boned her also. Not gay, never have been, never will be."

"I see," she said. "Hey, can I stay here for a while?"

I was a little taken aback. "Sure, but can I have an idea for how long?"

"Couple of weeks, maybe?"

"No problem, I have plenty of room. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really, at least not yet. I just need an escape."

I left her alone, but helped her unload her bags from the rental car and to her settled in one of the spare rooms and showed her where everything was.

"We can return the rental tomorrow and you can drive the car or the truck," I said.

"I don't want to be a bother," she said.

"No worries. Two cars, one butt," I said, pointing to my ass.

Trisha.....

I flew into the airport and rented a car. For whatever reason, despite years of being alone far away from home, I was drawn to my brother's house. I made a last minute decision to get out of town, and my final destination was the last place I thought I would run.

Though hard to admit, I have always been a 'want more' type of person. My parents were well-off and always provided very well for my brother and I, but if one of my friends had a nicer brand of clothing or a nicer car, it drove me crazy. I just wanted more, which led me to graduate with high honors and on to Duke. It led me to be the youngest VP in the history of my firm, and it led me to overachieve no matter what I did.

After my father died, I tried to go away and stay away, though it had nothing to do with him, my mother, or my brother. In fact, it was because of my own issues that made it difficult to face my family. After my mother died, I left with the intention of never coming back.

So, my issues? It's difficult to put it in words because of the contradiction between what I was professionally and what I had become privately. In my drive for success, I had sacrificed a lot, including my marriage. My inability to conceive had been a contributing factor, but my selfishness was the final nail in the coffin.

After my divorce, I was hesitant to date, but eventually got back in the game due to loneliness.

After a few unsatisfactory experiences, I met Gavin. He was sophisticated and worldly, and we quickly fell into a torrid affair. As time went on, I didn't realize what was happening until it was too late. I had gone from a self-confident, strong woman to....well....a submissive sex slave.

It didn't happen overnight, but the more he took, the more I gave. In my professional life, there was no hint of my sexual nature, but it consumed me and my life away from work. Make no mistake, I was a very willing participant, and very satisfied, until I saw my family.

The last trip I made home for my mother's funeral was when I realized that despite being infatuated with Gavin and the sex we shared, I was embarrassed. Though I took responsibility for my success, I had to admit my family made it all possible. I was nurtured and supported by my parents and my older brother, always encouraged. If I struggled in school, my brilliant brother would tutor me patiently until I mastered the subject. My parents were my biggest fans no matter what I did, and it was that unconditional love and support that made me ashamed by my lifestyle choices.

After a little over 5 years of Gavin, I finally broke free. I had tired of the deviancy, and my choice was to run to ensure he could not exert his control and make me change my mind. It was that which made me run home to the safety of my big brother.

Paul....

I didn't see Trisha until almost noon the next day. She came out looking rumpled, but much more well-rested than she had the previous day.

"You hungry?" I asked.

"Starved."

"I'll take you to lunch." I named her favorite Mexican food restaurant and she quickly agreed. I was dressed and ready, but she had to change. It only took her 20 minutes, so we were on the road quickly.

We chatted and caught up, but she was still silent on the reason for her visit. I didn't want to be overbearing, so I left her alone to her thoughts and enjoyed lunch.

"Do you have everything you need? Toiletries?"

"I need a few things," she admitted. "I left in a hurry."

I drove her to the store and she shopped for a few things. "Did you bring a swim suit? You might want one for the pool," I suggested.

She agreed and went to look for one. A few minutes later she was back and we checked out. We had a brief argument over me paying, but relented when I insisted. Once finished, I drove us home.

I left her alone and got changed into my suit and went to lay on the lounge bed beside the pool. It was shaded and comfortable, and was my favorite place to read an afternoon away.

About 5, I went in and made a pitcher of margaritas and yelled and asked Trisha if she wanted one. She came out a little later and poured herself a drink and sat while I swam. She was wearing shorts and a loose top, and seemed content to sun herself a little.

"Hey," she said, "can we do something tomorrow?"

"Sure. What do you want to do?"

She smiled sheepishly. "I want to go Pecos Valley diamond hunting like we used to with Dad. Do you still know any good places?"

"Yep. We can definitely do that."

Pecos Valley diamonds are really just quartz crystals, but have a distinctive, natural diamond shape. My father was a dedicated rock hound, and we had spent many afternoons scouring the area east of town looking for interesting specimens. For Trisha and I, the only fun thing were the diamonds, and we could spend hours staying out of our father's way while he searched for more rare specimens.

Trisha....

I found myself at lunch relaxing a little more and being able to look Paul in the eyes. Somehow, even if I was able to admit the truth, I knew Paul would never judge me. He just didn't possess that part of him. He would be warm and accepting, and that was what caused me to keep silent. I needed someone to tell me how stupid I was, not support me.

I laid down for a while after lunch and kind of straightened my mind. I found even after just a few days away from Gavin, my head was much more clear.

"Hey, Trisha, I made margaritas! You want one?"

"Be out in a few minutes." I walked into the attached bath and ran my fingers through my black hair. I looked in the mirror and looked at myself clearly. For far too long I looked at myself through the filter of Gavin. I had no sense of self, only what Gavin thought of me. Now, I judged myself with no filter.

My mother and father were as different as night and day. My father was tall, with jet black hair and bright blue eyes. My mother was short, with bright golden hair and green eyes. I had inherited my father's hair, but was short like my mother. Paul was tall like our father, but had dirty blonde hair. The only thing we had the same were our eyes. We had both ended up with otherworldly light gray eyes, and it was this that made people believe we were actually related.

I loved my eyes and thought they were my best feature. My hair was thick and straight and had never been colored. Admittedly, I knew I was pretty, with a nice, cute nose, and a mouth just a touch too lush and wide. I wish I could count how many times boys made off-hand comments about my DSLs growing up.

I cupped my breasts through my bra and shirt and was satisfied with what I felt. They were only a B-cup, but were perky, with nice upturned nipples.

I turned in the mirror and looked at my flat stomach as I glanced at my ass. If my eyes were my best feature, my ass was a close second. I had inherited my mother's curves below the waist, and regular gym work kept it high and firm while maintaining a nice roundness.

Satisfied with my looks, I walked outside and found Paul as he slipped into his pool. If his house was pretty, his backyard was paradise. Lush and green, it was an oasis in the surrounding desert landscape.

I was shocked by my brother's appearance. I guess I hadn't seen him in a long time, but for a retired intellectual, he was in incredible shape. His arms were large and cut, and he had a trim waist, nice chest, and defined abs. Had he not been my brother, I would have thought he was sexy. Hell, he was sexy even if he was my brother.

Paul....

The next day we got in my truck and headed out of town. I made a stop at the store and filled an ice chest with snacks and drinks, even throwing a 12-pack of beer on a whim. I drove out about 10 miles and turned on a country road which led to the river. The Pecos cut through the landscape and caused the limestone formations which revealed the diamonds. The river itself was a trickle, but in the times before damming, had been a substantial waterway.

I parked on a ridge we had frequented as kids, and got out to stretch my legs. I grabbed a beer and popped the top and took a long drink. Trisha got out and laced up her tennis shoes. She was wearing a light sundress, which was a little out of place to hike around, but I had to admit it would keep her cool.

We hiked around and found a few of the rode colored stones, before splitting up and walking around. As usual, there was a stuff breeze blowing hot air, but it was not uncomfortable. The wind was what caused me to look at my sister in a whole different light.

Growing up, Trisha was always just my kid sister. I never looked at her in any other light, but soon changed that attitude.

I was knelt down looking through a small pile of rocks, when I glanced across and saw Trisha walking along looking down. A sudden gust of wind while across the clearing and lifted her dress up to the middle of her back.

In the few seconds it took her to get it under control, I saw her beautifully rounded ass, which was bisected my a small pink string which wrapped around her waist and plunged between the two nicest cheeks I had ever seen. She grabbed the hem and pulled it down, turning to avoid another gust.

Her hold and the wind caused the dress to flatten against her body, molding to her modest chest and flat, toned stomach. Her hips were just curvy enough to look incredible, and the thin fabric molded against her upper body made it clear she was braless.

It was in those few seconds that I saw the woman my sister had become instead of a kid who needed protection. While my look had not aroused in me a sexual feeling per se, there was an undertone to the lingering look.

Trisha....

Just being out in the heat and brush made me feel better. It brought me back to a time where I was innocent and happy. Paul and I found a few diamonds and were just kicking rocks looking for more. I walked a ways away, looking for a white quartz diamond, which were hard to find. I had a mind to make a bracelet if I could find one, and my concentration was on the ground.

Suddenly, a strong gust of wind whipped around me and lifted my dress. While not exactly a modest person, I was still mortified by my very bare ass hanging out in front of my brother. I corralled my dress and turned quickly to avoid a repeat and saw Paul glance away.

I figured he had seen what happened, but was enough of a gentleman to not call attention to it.

A little while later we were sitting on the tailgate of his truck having a beer when I noticed him giving me a strange look. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought he was checking me out. While I had done the same to him the day before, Paul wasn't the type to ogle a woman, especially his sister.

This knowledge didn't stop the wave of heat that flushed through my body just imagining him looking at me. My nipples hardened and poked through the thin fabric of my dress making me question my lack of a bra.

This time, Paul did look and even commented in a teasing tone. "Hey, Trink, your high beams are on."

I slapped his arm. "I got a chill," I said lamely.

His use of my nickname was endearing and something I had not heard in a long time. Right after I started talking, my family would ask me my name, and for whatever reason, I always said Trink instead of Trisha. All through school, that was all my family ever called me.

We ate a brief snack and moved down the road and looked around for a couple of hours. Finally, sweaty and a bit wind burned, we climbed in the truck and drove away. I know I looked a mess, but was amazed at Paul. Even sweaty and a bit disheveled, he was adorable. I reprimanded myself for thinking of my brother in such a manner.

Paul....

I almost gasped out loud when I saw Trisha's nipples harden and poke so abruptly through her dress. I had glanced at her again, and knew she had caught me, but was surprised at her body's reaction to my quick perusal. Just to defuse the situation, I made a crack about her high beams.

When we got in the truck, I glanced across the console and saw again just how beautiful my baby sister had become. Her hair was damp from sweat, but looked really good. She had a slight sheen of perspiration on her upper chest, and the damp fabric of her dress clung against her breasts like a second skin. I could make out the slightly puffy circle of her areola through the cloth.

I turned the air conditioner on full blast, which gave me my desired result. Her nipples hardened again and poked proudly forward. I have her chest a slow once over and kept my eyes on the road after that.

It was bad enough I was driving half-hard from looking at my sister without provoking situations to make her body react.

I tried to really remember my sister from years before, but could not ever remember a time where I had even found her attractive. Maybe I was just horny or sexually deprived, but these new feelings were disorienting.

I had spent a blissful four days in the company of a gorgeous Australian on my recent trip, so deprivation wasn't the answer. She and I had met on Bondi Beach, and I had been blown away by her cavalier approach to nudity, and later that night, to her approach to casual sex.

I tamped down my growing desire and drove us home in silence.

Trisha....

I was so embarrassed when we got in front of the air conditioner and my nipples almost ripped through my dress. The sweat dampened fabric caused a swift change in temperature and my nipples, always sensitive, rose to the occasion.

In the interest of total honesty, my nipples were also reacting to the heat in my pussy as well. When we got in the truck and I saw Paul gaze at my breasts, it sent a flood of warmth between my legs, and that, combined with the cool air, made me erect.

Even worse, once I got over my embarrassment, it made me even wetter to be exposing myself in such a discreet way. Compound that with my twisted feelings towards Paul, and I knew my panties would be soaked in no time.

I glanced and saw a distinct bulge in Paul's pants and wondered over this fact. I had grown to accept a certain perversion in regards to my sexual desire, but had a harder time accepting that Paul might be feeling the same way. From the size, my brother seemed to be well-endowed.

Paul was quiet for the ride back, and I sat in silence, enjoying the ride without needing to fill the dead air.

Paul....

The ride home the afternoon before was torture. I finally convinced Trisha to return her rental, so we dropped it off. I handed her the keys to my Camaro so she wouldn't feel stranded. I went I dinner with a female friend, and ended up spending the night at her place, which greatly relieved some of my built-up sexual frustration.

When I returned home the next day, Trisha was up and bustling about, cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry. She gave me a bright smile when I walked in and took a joking jab at me.

"Did you get your ashes hauled?" she asked.

"A gentleman never tells," I said.

"Since your aren't a gentleman, I want details," she giggled.

I took a fake swipe at her and she squealed and ran. I went and showered and put on my trunks, intent on spending my day by the pool.

I got settled and was reading a book on my Kindle when I heard the patio door open. I glanced up and saw Trisha walk out, and caught my breath. I knew from the skirt blowing incident that my younger sister had a nice body, but seeing her step out in her bikini was something else entirely. First, it fit her to perfection. The top hugged her breasts, pushing them together to give her just a hint of cleavage. Her bare midsection was flat and toned, and she had softly defined abs which were fit, but entirely feminine. The bottoms were small, and the strings which wrapped around her round hips emphasized how prefect her lower body was. Her legs were long and toned, and had an appealing shape. When she turned around for a second, I could see her ass, which was covered, but the small bottoms let some nice round cheeks uncovered at the bottom.

I looked away as she walked over and threw her towel down on a chaise near my lounge bed. "Hey," she said.