The Werewolf's Sabbat Ch. 04

Story Info
A wolf meets his mate and realizes he already knows her.
6.8k words
4.73
39.2k
49

Part 4 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 02/15/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mitch turned his truck into the driveway and parked in the garage of the wolf den. Shutting off the ignition, he sat for a long while in a daze, having trouble wrapping his brain around what had just happened. Janette Timbers. Who would have guessed? Especially after all these years! Not him, he was sure of that. Mitch got out of the truck still shaking his head in disbelief. He grabbed the groceries from the back seat, heaving them over his shoulder, and went into the house to the kitchen. His sister, Mariah, came up beside him.

"Here, let me put this stuff away for you." She gave her older brother an odd look from the corner of her eye. "Why are you doing the grocery shopping anyway? I thought that was Emily's responsibility." Emily was one of the pack's older omegas. Mitch had known her as a friend for some time now. Each member of the pack had their own set of responsibilities, according to their talents, and her job was the shopping, and the occasional selling. She had a hell of an eye for a bargain and was a pro at getting the most for her dollar. Therefore, anything having to do with shopping, from groceries to automobiles, or selling, from TVs to radios, went directly into Emily's hands.

"Her daughter is nearing the end of her pregnancy and Emily didn't want to leave her side just in case something was to happen", Mitch started, "I needed a break from everything so I told her I would do it."

"Whatever you say, Mitch." She said shaking her head, with a smirk on her face. She suddenly pictured her burly brother standing in an isle baffled, with both hands on either side of his head in a state of confusion as to what brand of peanut butter to buy and couldn't help the giggle that escaped her. When her mind unexpectedly added to the image an apron wrapped around him, adorned with pretty pink flowers she just about lost it, laughing out loud.

Mitch frowned at her. "What the hell is so damn funny?" He had a feeling that she was internally making fun of him and was not the least bit impressed.

"Oh nothing." She tried to calm her laughter but failed miserably. Mariah, seeing that she couldn't stop the funny images running through her head, thought it best that she leave and walked down the hall to her room, still laughing uncontrollably.

What the hell was that all about, he thought to himself before putting the final items away in the freezer. His younger sister was a real nut; he'd always thought so but loved her none the less. Sometimes he thought that if it weren't for her, their pack wouldn't have near as much fun.

After putting the groceries away, Mitch went to his study and poured himself a drink of brandy before lighting a few logs in the stone fireplace. He took his brandy and sat on the love seat staring into the flames, unable to take his mind off of the petite, timid brunette he had literally run into at the supermarket not two hours earlier. Janette Timbers was the last person he would have guessed was to be his mate. Although, looking back through the years, it all made perfect sense.

*

Mitch had purchased the mansion they currently lived in, along with all 400 acres that surrounded it fifteen years ago. It was a real steal as it was dilapidated and needed a ton of remodeling. It took him and his pack members a full year to get the house livable again. He knew several of his pack members thought him crazy for buying the place. It was built in the year 1800 but had been abandoned since the early 1900's. It had been uncared for, housing the occasional squatter, until his pack moved in. They had outgrown the previous den in the neighboring county, but when Emily showed Mitch this particular property, he instantly fell in love with it. The place spoke to him in a way he didn't understand. It was a real struggle to get the property back into working order but he loved every minute of it. Mitch wanted to do most of the work himself rather than hire outsiders to come in and renovate. It made the place seem more... personal. It was as though the work they did added their personal energy to the land, protecting the pack that much more.

It had been six long months after purchasing the mansion, all of them living in tents until the house was inhabitable again, when he met Janette. Mitch made it a habit to take a run every afternoon, letting his wolf come forth uninhibited. He used this time to roam the grounds and get to know every inch of his property.

One afternoon he came out into the woods after a full hard day of renovating. He stripped his clothes off, dropping them to the side, shifted to his wolf form and sped off into the trees, the same way he had done every afternoon for the past six months. He ran long and hard, reveling in the feeling of the wind ruffling his thick black coat when out of nowhere, a young brown horse raced past him. Mitch didn't take kindly to intruders on his land. Didn't the rider see the 'No Trespassing' signs clearly marking his territory? He immediately followed the horse and its rider. His intention was to run them off telling them in no unclear terms not to come back. But when he finally caught up to them, he was taken aback when he found the rider to be a girl of about ten or so. He couldn't understand how a parent could allow a child so young to ride off on her own in unknown territory, but he couldn't bring himself to run her off either. He was confused by his feelings as he instinctually felt the need to protect the child at all costs. He stalked them quietly, careful not to frighten the horse as he didn't want the small girl to be bucked off and injured. Mitch watched as the girl dismounted her horse and spread out a blanket in the middle of his woods. She sat on the blanket and pulled from her bag, a small tea set along with a few dolls. She arranged the dolls in a circle on her blanket and then retrieved a thermos of hot tea and some cookies. She sat, unaware of his presence, and had a picnic with her dolls right there in his woods. He thought it strange when he noticed she was actually talking to her horse as though the animal understood every word she had said. She referred to the horse as Calico.

After her picnic, Mitch followed her to the tree line where she took off on her horse and galloped to the cottage neighboring his land. He didn't stop watching her until she was safely inside her house.

Mitch had run full speed back to the mansion, got dressed and went right over to the neighboring cottage to talk to the parents about their daughter's trespassing. He knocked impatiently on the door when it was suddenly answered by an older woman and someone who appeared to be her twin sister.

"Ma'am" he said politely. "I fear your daughter has trespassed on my property. She has been riding her horse through my woods and I want it stopped immediately." He said commandingly. "I don't take kindly to trespassers on my property, as they may get hurt."

Mitch stepped back as the two women advanced him. "What is your name, sir?"

"Mitch, Mitch Evans." He said refusing to back down.

"Well here's something I don't take kindly to." Rose glared at him with eyes of warning. "Janette is my granddaughter, and if I hear of her getting hurt whether it be on your property or not, someone will suffer greatly."

Mitch couldn't stop the look of shock that covered his face, as the small woman standing before him put him in his place. Usually he wouldn't have tolerated someone speaking to him that way but with this woman, it was different. There was something odd about her. He almost felt as though she was his own grandmother reprimanding him. "Yes ma'am." He said quietly.

Rose suddenly smiled sweetly up at Mitch. "I will have a talk with my granddaughter and will try to keep her away. However, you know how children can be. I'm afraid she might slip by me every now and again. She's very stubborn, you know."

"I understand. Thank you for your time Mrs..."

"Rose. Just call me Rose. And this is my sister Marion." The women stepped back into the house. "Have a good evening Mr. Evans." Rose nodded her head and clicked the door shut.

Mitch had called a pack meeting shortly after returning to the mansion. He informed everyone about the little curious intruder from next door and made it very clear that she was to never be harmed. If he had found that anyone had hurt her in any way they would have to deal directly with him and it would be their throats.

Everyone thought he was nuts, of course, but no one would say it to his face. Even he didn't know why he was so insistent on allowing her free reign of his woods along with full protection from his pack. Nuts or not, the pack complied with Mitch's orders. If any of them were out and about and they noticed her riding in the woods, they were to get the message back to him as soon as was possible. More often than not, when he heard she was riding through the woods Mitch was off in a flash, zipping through the trees, to keep an eye on her personally.

On one particular outing, the little girl had somehow tripped and fallen, leaving a deep gash on her bony knee. She never cried but Mitch could see the pain in her face and knew that she wanted to. It took every bit of self restraint to just sit still, as he instantly wanted to race over to her and lick her wound clean, seeing to it that she was ok. Later that day, he went to town and bought a new doll, one that he thought she would like. He brought it home and set it on a small boulder that lay next to her favorite picnic spot. When she found it the next day, she seemed undecided in what to do with it. She looked around cautiously to see if anyone was near and then smiled really big putting the doll in her bag. Mitch found himself doing this occasionally when he came across something he thought she would enjoy; anything to put a smile on her face.

This all went on for the next several years until one day, he had noticed that she stopped coming around. She hadn't been seen on his property for about a month. When Mitch finally went to talk to the twins next door, he explained his concern telling them that he just wanted to be sure that she was ok. They informed him that she had started college and was far too busy to be riding. No one had seen her in the woods since then, so he assumed that she had moved away, and things were going to be back to normal. He had let the endearing little girl slip from his mind until they quite literally ran into each other at the supermarket. She most definitely was not a little girl anymore. The instant he saw her standing in front of him dumbstruck with that embarrassed little grin, he knew she would never slip from his mind again.

Mitch sat in front of the fireplace shaking his head in disbelief. It had never occurred to him that she was to be his mate. He hadn't even thought of it because she was so young at the time, but that could explain the psycho protective tendencies that he had always had for this girl who he had never officially met before. Judging by her reaction to him during their brief encounter earlier that day, it was obvious to Mitch that she was feeling the mating pull as well. She probably didn't understand what it was but she was definitely feeling it.

Mitch was suddenly shaken from his thoughts when the door behind him opened and his brother, Liam, entered the room.

"I thought I'd find you here." He said eyeing the glass in Mitch's hand and rolling his eyes. "You're not getting soused this early are you? It's not even six in the evening yet."

Mitch gave his brother an annoyed look then continued to gaze into the fire. "No. I just needed to relax a bit, that's all. Calm my nerves."

"What's going on with you?" Liam eyed his brother wearily "I can tell when something's up. Go ahead. Spill it." He stepped up to the small bar, poured himself a drink from the half empty bottle of brandy and sat next to Mitch.

Mitch wasn't sure how much information he should divulge to his brother. He trusted Liam with his life but was still confused about the way he felt. He didn't even know how to begin to tell him. Mitch leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and took a deep breath. "I think I've found my mate." He said flatly.

Liam swallowed the liquor he had in his mouth and looked at his brother in surprise. "Really?" He said. A sly grin turned up the corners of his mouth. "And just who might the little she-devil be? Do I know her?" He asked as he took another gulp of brandy.

"It's Janette from the cottage next door." Mitch blurted out.

Liam's eyes began to water as he choked and sprayed a mist of brandy all over the floor. He stood up abruptly as though someone had just poked him in the butt with a pitchfork. "What? Are you kidding me? H..ho...how do you know this for sure?" He stuttered not knowing what to think. "Dude, isn't she like ten or something?"

Mitch shook his head and laughed. "No, Liam. As a matter of fact, she is about twenty five now. I ran into her at the grocery store earlier today. I even talked to her a bit. She has agreed to have dinner with me tomorrow night."

Liam stood there looking at his brother. He suddenly remembered Mitch telling him about the gifts he would leave in the woods for Janette. Liam was the only person Mitch had confided in about this and when Liam thought of it he laughed out loud.

Mitch looked over at him, confused. "What exactly do you find funny here?" He was not the least bit amused.

Liam couldn't stop chuckling. "This explains so much. We all thought you had gone mad, what with your anonymous gifts left in the woods and your insane protectiveness. Don't you see, Mitch?" Liam said, his face suddenly taking on an exaggerated expression of seriousness. "You've been 'wooing' your future mate since she was ten years old." Breaking out in another roar of laughter, he held his belly with his hands.

"You know Liam, I'm so glad I shared this with you." Mitch said sarcastically before standing up and starting for the door. "Asshole." He muttered.

"Whatever, pedophile." Liam wiped the tears of laughter from his eyes. "Aww come on, I was just messin' with you!" He called towards the door after his brother walked out.

Mitch walked to his jacket that was hanging on the coat rack by the entrance of the house, reached into the pocket and fished out the phone number Janette had given him. He walked back into the study and sat behind the desk. Grabbing the phone, he gave his brother a 'go to hell' look, flipped him the middle finger and then dialed the number on the slip of paper he was holding.

The entire time he was talking to Janette trying to set plans for their date the next evening, Liam was puckering his lips making kissing noises to his brother. "Oh Janette," Liam said in a playful, high pitched voice. "Will you be my girlfriend Janette?" He would say, batting his eyelashes dramatically at his brother.

Ending the call, he put the phone down, grabbed the thickest book he could find off of the shelf and threw it towards Liam. "How old are you?!"

Liam dodged the book flying towards his head and burst out into another fit of laughter. "No, really, I'm sorry, man. I was just giving you a hard time. I'm glad you found your mate. I really am. I wish that we were all so lucky." Liam calmed his laughter and regarded his brother once more with a look of worry. "Hey, wait a minute. What about that busty blonde you made a date with tonight? You still gonna go?"

"Shit!" Mitch cursed. "I completely forgot." He sighed, running a hand through his thick hair. "I guess I'm gonna have to break it off with her." Mitch glanced at the clock and seen that it was only 6:45 pm. He retrieved the phone once more and dialed the girl's number. It went straight to voicemail and he hung up with a look of frustration. "She's not answering." He said to his brother.

"And you didn't leave a message because..." Liam shook his head in question.

Mitch looked disgusted. "Oh for Christ's sake, Liam. You don't break a date by voicemail. Who does that? I'm not a complete asshole, you know."

"Says you." Liam grinned before dodging another flying book. "My dear brother, we are going to quickly run out of books if you keep using them as ammunition." He walked over and refilled his drink before turning and offering to top off Mitch's glass. Mitch waived him away with his hand and paced back and forth across the study floor. "Mitch, you need to relax a bit. Okay, so you found your mate. The next step is figuring out what you are going to do about it." Liam leaned against the desk, folding his arms across his chest, suddenly serious. "Does she know about us? Have you ever shown yourself to her?"

Mitch stopped pacing for a moment and eyed his brother. "I don't know if she knows what we are. I haven't shown her my wolf but I am aware that her grandmother knows. She pretty much told me so on one of my visits to her cottage." Mitch began to pace again, slowly wearing a hole in the hardwood floor of the study. "If she doesn't know yet, then I don't know how she will react when she finds out."

Liam looked as though he was in deep thought, running his hand across his chin. "Okay so just take it slow for now. Date her and let her get to know you. You know how the mating bond works. It's practically inescapable for most people. Some may fight it at first, but in the end the pair always winds up together."

Mitch stood a moment, considering his brother's words and shook his head in agreement. "You do know she's a witch don't you?" He said nervously.

Liam laughed suddenly. "A witch mated to a werewolf. Well... stranger things have happened, I suppose." He looked at his brother, worried once more. "So are you going to go see this other chic later and break things off with her? She's a hottie I gotta say." He said, wiggling his eyebrows. "You gonna get one last bang before settling down?"

Mitch rolled his eyes astounded at his brother's remark. "Have you heard anything I've said? Janette is my mate. There is no one else for me." He stalked towards the door in anger.

Liam considered his brother's statement for a moment before going after him. "Well can I have her then?"

"Congratulations, Liam. She's all yours." Mitch said and walked down the hall to his room.

Mitch took a quick hot shower before lying in his bed, and slowly drifting off for a nap with the visions of racing horses and a timid long haired woman invading his dreams.

*

Janette pulled into one of the few parking spaces available across the street from Club Luna. She didn't normally patronize night clubs as the bar scene just wasn't her thing. She walked up to the front of the building and saw the huge crowd of people waiting to be let in and frowned. She wasn't about to wait in line just to go to some club. She pulled her cell phone from her purse and dialed Melissa's number. "I'm sorry but I don't think I'll make it."

"What? You have to!! What's the problem?" Melissa sounded irritated and a bit tipsy.

"I'm standing in front of the club now. Have you seen the line out here? It would take an hour waiting and I still doubt I'd get in before they close."

"Oh for fuck's sake." Melissa said. "Hold on, I'll be right there."

Janette spotted her friend a moment later at the front door. She was whispering something in the door man's ear, accidently letting her breasts graze against his chest while pointing her finger in Janette's direction. Janette shook her head in astonishment at her friend's brazen behavior. A moment later, the burly door man waived his hand to Janette beckoning her to come forth. Janette walked hastily to the front of the crowd and he held the door open quickly scooting them inside. She heard an irruption of protests from the awaiting crowd before the door slammed shut behind her.

Janette looked at her friend in awe. "How do you do that?" She said.

12