The Werewolf's Sabbat Ch. 13

Story Info
First Shift.
4.5k words
4.76
26.5k
25

Part 13 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 02/15/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Again, Thanks MythOFreak for editing. Hope you all enjoy this chapter even though it's shorter than the others.

*

"Janette, you gotta get up, baby." Mitch brushed the messy strands of hair from Janette's face as her eyes fluttered open. He smiled down at her and kissed her lips. "I know you're tired but it's already six in the morning and you told Sandra you would be at her place by seven, remember?"

"No, it's too early," Janette whined as she snuggled even closer to Mitch's body and tucked her face into his neck. "I'm so sleepy and my body aches from head to toe. Can't I just reschedule or something?"

Mitch chuckled in her ear. "I'm afraid not, love. Don't worry. Sandra knows what you have been through and I've instructed her to take it easy on you until you are fully recovered. Come on. Get up. I'll get you some breakfast and coffee. Meet me downstairs in ten minutes." Mitch stood up from the bed to get dressed and smiled when he looked down and noticed Janette's sleepy eyes gazing lustfully at his naked form. "Not now. Maybe later when you are done training. I promise it will be worth the wait. Now get dressed."

Janette forced her exhausted body out of the ridiculously comfortable bed and trudged over to her closet. She tugged on a pair of light gray sweat pants and a white t-shirt followed by a clean pair of socks and running shoes. She walked to the bathroom where she quickly brushed her teeth and ran a comb through her hair before twisting it into a sloppy bun on the top of her head. She frowned when she leaned in to examine herself in the mirror. "Well, don't you look like hell," she said, rubbing her eyes with her fists. She splashed some water on her face to wake herself up before turning and heading out of the bedroom and downstairs to the kitchen.

"Well now, don't you look cute," Mitch said adoringly. "I've never seen you with your hair in a bun. It's almost librarian-ish. Very sexy." He pulled Janette into a deep kiss, letting his tongue tease hers before pulling away. "Half a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and a side of strawberries. Eat up, you're gonna need it." He motioned for her to sit at the table and placed the plate in front of her along with a mug of steaming coffee.

"Only half a bagel? Am I on a diet?" she asked, winking at him teasingly.

"I can tell you from personal experience that you don't want to eat too much before a session with Sandra. You will only wind up with a stomachache or vomiting. Either way it's not a good idea." Mitch took a sip of his coffee while intently watching Janette bite into a plump strawberry. He wasn't sure why but he found it quite arousing. "When you get back, I will have a huge feast awaiting you. Don't you worry."

Janette noticed Mitch staring at her. "Jesus, Mitch, it's just a strawberry. It's not like I'm sitting here seductively eating a banana or something," She laughed and rolled her eyes at him before taking another bite of her bagel.

Mitch chuckled to himself but stopped when he remembered Janette on her knees in front of him in the woods the night before. He cleared his throat and sucked down the rest of his coffee, trying to get the image out of his head.

"Ya liked that, did ya?" Janette asked, wiggling her eyebrows at Mitch.

Mitch smiled and shook his head. He made a mental note to try to guard his thoughts a little better from now on. He placed Janette's dishes in the sink when she finished eating. "Come on. You ready?"

"Not really."

"Too bad. I'll walk you over there."

They headed out the back door arm in arm into the dark woods. The sun hadn't even come up yet but Janette noticed that she could see perfectly clear. Almost as though it were midday. "I don't think I will ever get used to these changes, Mitch. It's just too weird."

"Nah, you'll get used to things soon enough. It won't take long. Pretty soon, you'll experience your first shift. I'll be right here with you every step of the way. Don't be scared. I bet your wolf is absolutely beautiful, just like you."

"It's not so much that I'm scared, Mitch. It's just that I really don't know what to expect. I still don't know what to think about everything that has happened to me. To us. Everything seems to be happening so fast, it's dizzying, really." She grasped his hand in hers. "Before I met you, I never thought my life would be going in this direction. I've always thought my life would remain quite boring, as usual. I never thought I would find anyone who means as much to me as you do."

Mitch leaned down and kissed Janette softly. "Neither did I. We're here."

Janette looked ahead to see Sandra waiting patiently in her front yard, tiki torches lit and the box of gear sitting next to her on the ground. "Good morning!" she said in a chipper voice.

Janette groaned to herself. It's too early for this, she thought.

"I'll see you in two hours." Mitch kissed her once more before turning to head back down the wooded path.

"Did you sleep well?" Sandra asked, motioning for Janette to sit on the ground to start stretching.

"Yeah, I did actually. Jeez how long have you been up, anyway?"

"I'm usually up by five every morning. I've always been a morning person. If I sleep in too late, even just until 6:30 in the morning, I feel sluggish for the rest of the day."

Janette silently followed Sandra's lead and stretched the best she could without injuring herself.

"Okay, I hope you're ready for this," Sandra said as she stood and stretched her arms above her head. "Just do the best you can and try to keep up." With that, Sandra took off in a light jog heading straight into the woods with Janette following her. They ran for about half an hour, stopping several times so Janette could catch her breath.

"I don't know how you do this every day." Janette leaned over and tried to catch her breath. She accepted the bottle of water that Sandra offered her and began gulping it down.

"Not so fast," Sandra warned. "Only take small sips. You're going to make yourself sick."

After a brief rest, Sandra walked Janette through the punches she had taught her the night before and then added in a few kicks, being sure that she got each one down before moving on to the next.

Janette did as she was told, kicking repeatedly until her legs felt as though they would give out. "I feel so clumsy sometimes." Janette kicked the air in front of her again just as Sandra had instructed her.

"Stop being so negative. Everyone is clumsy when they first start out. You'll get the hang of it in no time." Sandra walked around Janette and stood directly in front of her with her arms folded across her chest. "Here's another assignment I want you to do. Consider it a part of your training in self-defense. Stop being so down on yourself. You have the self-confidence of a peanut. Seriously. You cannot protect yourself when you don't think you are worthy of being protected." Sandra motioned to the steps of the front porch. "Sit down. Take a load off. Your two hours are just about up anyway."

Janette took off the fighting gear and placed it back in the box by the porch before grabbing her water and sitting next to Sandra. "I don't know what it is with my self-confidence. I guess I have never really had much of it. I've never really been that outgoing." She shrugged her shoulders and took another sip from her bottle.

"Well, self-confidence is a big part of self-defense. When you are attacked by someone, you need to believe that you can handle yourself. You don't want to stand there and hesitate, wondering whether or not you can do it. You just have to know that you can do it and then act upon it. You won't always be practicing by yourself like this. Eventually, I will have you sparring with other pack members." Sandra laughed loudly when she saw the horrified look on Janette's face.

"You mean I will be actually fighting other people in the pack?"

"Yes. You have to know what it's like to hit an actual person. Not only that, but you will learn how to anticipate their next move. It's not good enough to just come to my house and kick at nothing for a couple hours a day. There is so much more to self-defense than you realize." Sandra drank the last of her water and stood in front of Janette.

"Yes, you will probably get a bruise or two. Yes, you will most likely get knocked on your ass a few times. Don't worry about it. You'll get used to it. If you're anything like me, you will love it. You don't think you will but I can tell you from personal experience that being able to defend yourself is one of the biggest highs you will ever get. Not to mention what it does to your self-confidence."

"This is just all so new to me," Janette said, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I imagine it is. Another thing to think about is the amount of respect you will gain from the other pack members. They won't hurt you intentionally when sparring. They understand that you are not only doing this to protect yourself but to protect them and their families as well. I can guarantee you that they will do everything in their power to help you learn and grow."

"Sitting on the job again, ladies?" Mitch came strolling up to Janette and took her hand to help her stand. He wrapped his arms around her waist and planted a firm kiss to her forehead. "I have that feast I promised you waiting at the house. How are you feeling?"

"Actually, not bad. I had trouble with the running but I think I could get used to it."

Sandra began loading the equipment into the box and pulled it onto the porch. "Same time tomorrow morning. We will start learning blocks. Until then." Sandra went into her house and closed the door.

"Shall we?" Mitch led Janette down the wooded path and back to the mansion, where he led her to the dining area.

Janette wasn't surprised this time by the table filled to the brim with all kinds of food and the table being surrounded by numerous other pack members. What she was surprised by was the sight of her grandma and aunt sitting, waiting for her.

"Jan," Her grandmother quickly came to hug her. "I was so worried about you. Mitch told us everything that had happened. Are you okay?"

Janette saw the tears in her grandmother's eyes and hugged her back. "Don't cry, grandma. I'm just fine. Everything is just fine. Mitch told you everything? Even the part about..."

"Yes, he told us about you being turned." Rose hugged her granddaughter tightly once more. "I'm just glad that you are okay. I was so scared for you when Mitch told us what happened."

"I'm surprised you didn't see it ahead of time." Janette took the seat between her grandmother and Mitch. She felt ravenously hungry and started loading a plate with food.

"We don't see everything, Jan. Nobody does. We take what information we are given and learn to deal with the rest." Her grandma watched with her brow raised in surprise when she saw Janette practically wolfing down an enormous amount of food. She had never known her granddaughter to eat like that. She had always had such a small appetite. When she saw Janette pick up a piece of rare, bloody steak with her hands and bite into it, she glared over at Mitch with a disgusted look on her face. "When was the last time you gave her something to eat?" she asked, accusingly.

Mitch couldn't help but to chuckle at Rose's concerned, accusing look. "She ate this morning. I made sure of it." He folded his hands under his chin before continuing. "Rose, there's something you have to understand about your granddaughter. She's not the same as she was. Her body is healing at an astronomical rate, not to mention her being turned and the training she is undergoing, she's bound to have one hell of an appetite. It's quite normal for newly turned wolves. She is burning a lot more calories than she used to."

Rose turned to her granddaughter again. "You just ate a bloody steak. You don't like steak."

"Yes, and it was delicious." Janette noisily licked her fingers and reached across the table to help herself to another slab of rare meat.

The other pack members surrounding them just sat with silly smiles on their faces as they watched the scene unfold before them, some unable to keep their laughter to themselves.

After several minutes, Janette wiped her mouth with her cloth napkin and leaned back in her chair, placing her hand on her distended belly. "Whew, I'm stuffed."

"Well, I would hope so," Rose said, taking a dainty sip of her tea, looking quite unamused. "You could have at least used utensils. Really, Jan, I thought I raised you better than that."

Jack noticed the shamed look take over Janette's features. He placed his napkin on the plate in front of him and laughed. "It's okay, Rose. Really, it is. I remember when I was first turned--"

"When he was first turned I thought he was going to eat us out of house and home. My God did he ever have an appetite," Mariah interrupted with a giggle.

"No, but seriously. Right now, she's running on instincts that she didn't have before. Once her metabolism evens out and the change is complete, she will be back to normal, manners and all." Jack smiled politely at Rose and Marion.

Janette smiled her thanks to Jack and got up to start clearing the table. She piled several dishes neatly on top of each other and headed to the kitchen. She braced both hands on the cold metal of the sink and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Jan. I wasn't trying to embarrass you in there," her grandma said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You just surprised me, that's all. Honestly, everything that's happened is a surprise to me. My granddaughter... a werewolf. I know you told me that you had a dream about it but I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon. I most certainly wasn't expecting it to happen this way, that's for sure."

"Nobody was, grandma." She pivoted on one foot to face her grandmother. Janette was surprised when she felt the sting of tears forming in her eyes and the ache in her chest.

"Dear, what's wrong?" Rose pulled Janette into an embrace. "Don't cry. Talk to me. What's bothering you?"

Janette sniffled and wiped a tear from her cheek. "I don't know what's wrong, grandma. I feel all out of sorts. There are so many changes. I didn't want this. I didn't want to be turned by someone who wishes me dead." She shook her head in confusion. "This guy who did this to me is obviously crazy. What if he transferred some of that crazy to me when he bit me? What if I'm crazy now?"

"Shhh... now don't talk like that. You don't have a bone in your body that's capable of being crazy or injuring someone else. You know that as well as I do."

"I saw mom."

"What?" her grandma asked, confused.

"When I died... I saw mom. She was sitting next to a waterfall waiting for me. She was so beautiful. I didn't get to see dad though. I don't understand why. I wanted to stay there with her but she told me I had to go. I forgot all about Mitch and you and aunt Marion." Janette lost it just then and burst out in tears, placing her head on her grandma's shoulder.

"Shhh... don't cry. I'm here. Grandma's here." Rose embraced her granddaughter, fighting back her own tears.

"How could I forget about you guys? How selfish can I get? I feel so guilty."

"Don't torture yourself. I have met several people who have 'come back from the dead' so to speak. They have all said the same thing. They didn't remember their human life right away. It was as though their brains were in shock or something and it took awhile for their memory to come back. It's quite common. There's nothing for you to ever feel guilty about."

"Jan? What's going on? Are you alright?" Mitch set the dishes he'd been carrying in the sink before pulling his mate into his arms. "Why are you crying?" He gave Rose a stern look, demanding an explanation.

"We were just having a little talk about what happened to her while she was... while she was dead." Rose looked away with those last words, unable to meet Mitch's gaze. "I have to ask... do we have any idea of who it was that attacked my granddaughter?"

"Yes, we do. From what we can gather, he is a newly changed wolf. The only reason we know who he is is because he spent some time in the hospital not long ago. He was wanted by the police and escaped."

Rose narrowed her gaze on Mitch. "Do you have a name?"

"Leonard. Leonard Marshall." Mitch stood there and watched as Rose's eyes grew wide and she stepped back as if in disbelief. "Rose? What's wrong?"

Rose felt her heart sink in her chest and a panic spread through her body. "Are you sure? You have to be sure. How do you know who he is?" Rose's face turned pale as she clumsily backed into the kitchen sink.

"While he was in the hospital, the doctor went through his wallet to find his driver's license. That's the name that was on his ID. Why do you ask?"

"Describe him to me."

"I didn't see him, Rose. I couldn't tell you."

"I saw him." Janette pulled herself out of Mitch's embrace. "I helped take care of him. He was tallish, I guess. I don't know. It's hard to tell, he was laying in a hospital bed. He had short blond hair and dark brown eyes." Janette gave her grandmother a confused look. "Grandma, what's the matter? You look pale. Do you need to sit down? Do you want a glass of water or something?"

Rose took a deep, shaky breath. "No. I think it's you who should sit down, dear. I have some things to tell you. I should have told you a long time ago but I didn't think he would ever find us here."

Janette's heart thudded heavily in her chest. "What do you mean, 'find us here'? Grandma, you're scaring me."

"You should be scared. Janette, I don't ever want you to leave the safety of this mansion again. Not even to come visit me. Not until this man is found and taken care of."

"Grandma, what are you talking about?"

"Sit down." Rose motioned to a nearby chair and watched her granddaughter nervously take a seat. Rose took a deep breath and closed her eyes to calm her nerves. "You weren't born Janette Timbers. Janette is the name I gave you when we moved here. You were only five years old at the time."

Janette shook her head, confused. "Wait, why would you need to give me a new name? I don't understand."

"You were born in Minneapolis St. Paul, Minnesota. Your given name was Cynthia Leanne Spencer." Rose turned to gaze out the kitchen window, unsure of how to tell her granddaughter what needed to be said. "I don't know how to tell you this. I--"

"Just say it grandma. I'm tired of people keeping things from me. I'm a grown woman. I think I can handle it."

"We moved to Minnesota after your mother was attacked. There was a man. His name was Leonard Marshall. The same man that attacked you."

Janette shook her head as understanding sank in. "So that's why he kept calling me Marie. He thought I was my mother."

"Well, you do look exactly like your mother. All except the eyes." Rose turned to face her granddaughter with silent tears streaming down her face. "Luckily, you didn't inherit a thing from your father. You got all your great attributes from your mother. My Marie. Oh how I miss her."

"Luckily?? My father was a great man. I won't have you--"

"Your DAD was a great man. I will love and respect him until the day I die. Janette, William-- Bill... he wasn't your father."

Janette jumped to her feet, her chair falling to the floor behind her. "What the hell are you saying?"

Rose couldn't contain her sorrow any longer. "I'm sorry," she sobbed. "I never wanted to tell you. Not like this. Leonard violently raped your mother. He almost killed her. That's why we ran. It was as though he was untouchable. The police couldn't find him. Nobody could find him. It didn't matter how many restraining orders we took out on him, he still got to her." Rose grabbed a Kleenex from a box on the counter and dabbed the tears from her eyes. "Your mother, Marie, was already several months pregnant when she met Bill. He knew it. He didn't care. He still married her and he loved both you and her more than his own life. To him, you were his daughter and he would have done anything for you."

12