The Whether-man

Story Info
Re-learning what's important in life.
2.6k words
4.44
10.4k
7

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/10/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Time was playing its games, and as she sat there, in this strange foreign world, she automatically reflected on things. She sensed she'd crossed some imaginary line, a new dimension in life, and whatever was happening seemed somehow ordained. She knew in her soul ...... her senses, and trusted intuition, would point her in the right direction this sudden new life would begin to take.

Shelby met Jack in her senior year of college. Maybe it was a matter of coincidence they'd grown up in neighboring towns and attended the same university, or maybe fate had played a role in guiding them together. Smiling, she thought back on how handsome he was, and how easy it was talking with him. Then she thought about Jessica, her only child, and how blessed she felt for her being in their lives. But ..... none of that mattered right in that moment of time, as much as she was trying to focus on the positive, her mind was much too busy dealing with her newfound chaos in life.

Why was she still thinking as if she was recently divorced, and why hadn't she seen Jack slipping away? It had been over ten years now ..... and here she was ..... quietly struggling to find her old self. Why had things happened like this, to her, and more importantly where would she find a new adventure to keep herself from going insane. Now 50 years old, she tried convincing herself this was the new 30, or 40. Then she stood up and walked over to the mirror .... to see how she'd been faring in her competition with time.

She began remembering when weather-girls were the new rage and how her young husband could not keep his paws off of her. She envisioned the younger her and remembered that small television station where she perfected her craft. She also recalled how that was the happiest she'd ever been. She knew she was something back in those days, before business and ratings got in the way. Yes, once upon a time she was that pretty young weather-girl everyone loved, and now here she was ..... middle-aged, confused, and desperately needing to recreate herself in this jumbled up mess of a life.

Sitting back at her desk, she stared at that document which informed her the station wouldn't be renewing her contract. So ... she now knowingly thought .... this was how the weatherman she had replaced probably felt. Everything sucked .... it wasn't the money ...... she'd saved and she'd planned, she would be fine. This was about this career being the only job she'd ever known. Just the thought of getting up and having nowhere to go seemed paralyzing to her. What the fuck, she thought in her mind, these people were her friends, and that extended family she'd always been bragging about!

The prick station manager had also informed her she'd be off the air the following two weeks, and back on schedule for her last month. Whatever .... she sarcastically thought .... it was like she'd contracted a disease no one wanted to catch. Getting up, she grabbed a few things as she headed out to her car. Slowly pulling away from the station, she glanced back at her old life in her rearview mirror of time.

The traffic was quitting time heavy, and coming upon those familiar bumper to bumper jams, she reached out for her daughter to tell her the news. And then, before hanging up, her tears streamed down her now middle-aged face, hidden away from her child's eyes. It wasn't much longer however, and she soon found herself pulling into her home.

Sitting there, she looked at what life had presented her with. Her beautiful home then helped dry her tears and ease her mind. She again thought about Jack and Jessica, and about her life's victories, and its defeats. Today, she thought, was another beginning of an end, and her emotions had completely worn her out. Walking into the house, there was no stopping for anything, she just needed her bed. And lying alone with her thoughts, her eyes finally closed setting her free of that terrible day.

The following morning, she woke up to her new life, and grabbing some coffee she went on a tour of her forgotten back yard. There she noticed her neighbor's truck, and the sound of a hammer pounding away back in the woods. Wondering what he was doing, she decided to investigate further.

Kent could put a smile on her face. He was single, older, and recently retired. He loved having his fun, and just when she'd begin thinking he was a redneck, he would say something that would touch her heart, or make her laugh without thinking. There was something down home about him, yet dangerous at the same time, and walking along the fence she made her way closer to him.

Inside the tree line, she spotted him working away. Then in some phony, exaggerated voice, she says, "Hey mister ..... what you doin?" Startled, he flinched and immediately smiled, saying, "Damn it Shel ..... you scared me! Wow ..... I sure wasn't ready for that! So .... what's going on?"

Laughing, she responds, "Not much, I just came back to see what you were doing."

"I'm building a treehouse! I've threatened this for thirty motherfucking years, and somehow it just seemed like the right time. It's gonna be my bug out place for when the shit hits the fan! Don't you dare tell anyone .... ok?"

"I won't say a thing as long as you leave some room for me. Besides, I think the shit in my life has done hit the fan!"

"Why's that?"

"Well ..... I got fired yesterday ..... I guess. I've never been fired Kent!"

"The hell you say!"

"Yep, I'm not the newer model anymore, I've been traded in for the new version."

"Ok .... come over here and get you a hug, I know there's no one around for you to discuss this with."

So .... making her way to him, she finally gets her that hug she had been craving. This also somehow reminded her what it was like being surrounded by people, and not having one single, trusted soul, to talk over her problems with. And as he held her firmly, but gently, he reassured her too, this was just another beginning in life. Then .... in that once familiar embrace, she found the strength to cry, just like she had when her father would do what Kent was now doing. She felt a humanity which had been lost from her life, and it was somehow easy trusting him with this emotional flood escaping from her. Slowly backing away from his loosening grip, she looked up as her eyes spoke the words she wanted to say.

And him seeing those words, said, "It's ironic how we're so quickly blinded by storms, and then the weather changes all over again. The blue skies always return."

"Yeah ..... things can change quickly."

"Well ..... Miss Shelby, I'm not a weatherman, never have been, but I could be your whether-man."

"Excuse me?"

Then, reaching around into his back pocket he pulls out a bandanna and motions her closer. And as she steps back into him, he wipes away at her tears, and begins speaking to her. "I don't know too much about this weather-girl business of yours, but maybe I could be your own personal whether-man. Because ... whether you like it, or not ... it's time for me to confess some things to you. Like how you make me smell a younger man's spring. Your scent alone makes me feel just like a boy and I've dreamed of falling asleep inhaling this hair. Don't you dare act shocked Shelby ..... don't you even! I see us looking at each other in our bedrooms at night, just like we're looking at each other now, and just like how we're leaning into each other. How many times do we have to lock glances before we acknowledge these feelings? How much longer must we be separated by a stupid fucking job, or a house, or a fence, or our life? How much longer must I be a stranger to you, and to us Shelby?"

"Shit .... you've seen me staring at you?"

"Why would I say it if I hadn't?"

"Now I'm a fired peeping tom ..... on top of everything else!"

"Quit it woman ..... if you hadn't just lost your job I'd be all over you now."

And then out of nowhere, after all the time they'd been neighbors, Shelby looks into his eyes and sees her Whether-man for the very first time. And she asks, "Could you use some help building this new crazy home?"

"I probably could, but I can't afford to pay you money.

Shelby then feels a stirring which she thought was long gone from her, as this man with his breathtaking smile, hard body, and gentle heart, places her smaller hand over his larger, calloused one, and she uncharacteristically says, "I don't want any money Kent .... I just want to be yours." Kent then raises a brow as he flashes his smile, "I just want to be yours'?" His voice raised in question, and amusement, all at the same time, repeating her words back to her.

Shelby, then hearing those words instantly replayed, displays two bright patches of pink on her cheeks, and stammering, she says, "O-ohh n-no, I meant let me be your helper .... h-helper I meant. No charge, and I can do things for you, i-if you let me." Her pretty cheeks then begin burning a brighter shade, as Kent begins smiling even more.

"Well Miss Shelby ... the more you talk, and the way you keep sweetening the deal, the more I do believe I could use your feminine hands helping me out."

Shelby then feels joy and relief, as that hot pink blush is still residing all over her cheeks. She then hears him say she must do exactly as he says, otherwise someone could get hurt. Immediately she replies, "Of course! I totally understand," as she offers her hand for him to shake. His boyish smile still on his face, he asks her if she is 100% sure about this, and she laughs, and says, "Yes, yes, yes!"

"If you're sure ... alrighty then," as his strong hand firmly, yet gently, shakes hers, sealing the deal. "Now ... you come with me back to the house. We need to get you out of those clothes and into something you can work in. If you're gonna help me, you need to dress in the proper attire."

So ... with his long strides he takes off back to his house as Shelby almost runs at times, to keep up with him. Kent, all the while, admires the delicious bounce in her steps and what it is doing to her ample cleavage. "But clothes? I have clothes I can use, really I do!"

"No. I have some leftover from when my sister was here this spring helping me paint, and you are about her size, just blessed a little more in some interesting areas," as his eyes linger on her breasts. Marching inside, and up the steps two at a time, Shelby follows him, not far behind. He then opens up a dresser drawer in his spare bedroom and hands her a pair of faded blue jean bibs, some thick socks, and a cute pair of women's work boots.

Shelby stares in disbelief, and as she starts to say something, his fingers brush over her lips to silence her. "You wanted to help remember, and you agreed to do exactly as I say ... you shook on it. Now honey baby, are you telling me you want to go back on your word?"

Then ... feeling like a child, she sheepishly replies, "No Sir."

He smiles at her again, and then directs her into the bathroom to change. "You've got five minutes, little missy. Take off everything, and put these on." And then he shuts the door, before she can utter a word.

Shelby looks around the bathroom and it smells like him. She then hears him say, "4 minutes and 30 seconds", as her eyes instantly grow wider, and her thinking, please, please tell me he isn't counting.

"And yes, I am counting missy! You best hurry up and get in them clothes, or I may start thinking you need assistance." Shelby flies out of her clothes, about to leave her panties and bra on, when Kent's voice says, "Off with those pretty under-things too." Shelby strips out of them, and slips into those well-worn, yet so soft bibs. She then feels the soft, tough material across her rear end and her heavy breasts. Blushing as she now looks into the mirror, her tits are about to make a break on each side. Removing her hair from the tidy bun she'd placed it in earlier, she quickly works it into a single pony-tail, just as she hears Kent say, "Times up!" The door swings open, and her hands immediately begin crossing over her chest, as his eyes drink her in slowly, telling her she looks perfect. Then ... shaking his head with a grin, he sees her bare toes peeking out, with her toenails painted a stylish red.

"Well missy ... hand me the socks, times a wasting. I hope you're a size 8 in boots too. Let's get them on you, and give them a try. And as she hands him a sock he pretends he doesn't see the curve of her perfectly shaped globe peeking out from the side of the bib. He does the same for the other foot, helping her into her boots. And standing up, she leans over, giving him a perfect view of her breasts, as she adjusts, and tugs away at the boots. Her nipples are naughtily erect, and he can clearly see she has much more than a handful of breast. She then rises up, unaware that he'd just saw her tits just a second ago, and keeping her arms down at her side, she lets him know she is now ready. She can't believe she's sexily agreed to this as they march down the steps, and him again, taking two steps at a time.

He then begins telling her his plan for the treehouse and how he wants it as a little get-away from home. Walking over to a pile of lumber he has in the yard, he leans over, grabs as many boards as he can handle and then he tells her to do the same. Shelby watches him stroll out towards the big tree as she leans over to grab as many as she can. She finds her arms are only able to hold four, and that was pushing it as she struggles to walk. Then, while the boards shift in her arms, she feels her breasts popping out the sides of her bibs. Her face immediately becomes flushed, hearing him once again telling her to hurry. She quickens her step, feeling his hot gaze watching her as she piles the boards down where he placed his.

And then, as she tries to adjust her breasts behind where they should be, Kent's blue eyes sparkle, as she begins looking at him. Finally, he reaches over to her bare front shoulders and tightens the straps, as she feels his fingers lightly grazing her nipples. His voice now low, and quiet, he tells her that should help keep the girls in place, as she feels her arousal, and long lost desire, finally beginning to awaken again. He takes a step back, curses inwardly, and wonders what he is thinking. She was beyond vulnerable in this moment of time, but he still wanted to bury his mouth around those gorgeous buds, and bury something else between her well-shaped thighs. Shelby definitely wasn't a one-night stand.

"Come on baby, we need to get a move on, we're burning all this beautiful daylight pretty quick!"